decimal separator?

Hi,

I'm using web quiries to obtain data from web pages. Some of the sites
use ',' as a desimal separator others use '.'. I'm from Finland so I'd
like to use ',' as decimal separator. Is there a way to format those
U.S.-format('.') numbers to Finnish-format(',') without changing the
setting for the whole progmam/operating system??

Thank you,
Jimmy
0
jj_22_jj (1)

format the cells where you will paste as text

paste in the data

format the cells a general

do edit=>Replace
Replace what   .
replace with ,

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Jimmy <jj_22_jj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm using web quiries to obtain data from web pages. Some of the sites
> use ',' as a desimal separator others use '.'. I'm from Finland so I'd
> like to use ',' as decimal separator. Is there a way to format those
> U.S.-format('.') numbers to Finnish-format(',') without changing the
> setting for the whole progmam/operating system??
>
> Thank you,
> Jimmy

0
twogilvy (1078)

SOP NonInventory Unit Cost 6 Decimal Places
Is there any simple way to increase the currency decimal places to greater than the current highest value of 5? Thanx Scott, I don't believe there is any easy or even moderately difficult way to do this, as the field types used to store amounts in GP only go up to 5 decimal places. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Scott Rutledge" <sersoar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E102B81B-8555-400E-843C-240C58794294@microsoft.com... > Is there any...

Reduce currency decimals
Hi, Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals. Thank you. KT I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places This utility can change the decimal places for items. I don't know of any system-wide change for decimal places. Eleni "KT" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great > Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals....

decimal problem
Hi all I a very strange effect when using different decimal settings and calculating some values: DECLARE @Decimal1 decimal(5, 2) DECLARE @Decimal2 decimal(30, 2) SET @Decimal1 = 0.2 SET @Decimal2 = 0.2 SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal1)) SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal2)) The first result is correct (0.00000000025832000), the second is wrong, why ??? Thanks for any comments Best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank This is what happens when you multiple these precision&scales Precision 15 + 3...

Decimal
In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the nearest 0.5�C. Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole number, it leaves the decimal point out? eg 22�C or 22.5�C (not 22.�C or 22.0�C) Alan "Alan Cocks" <alandrob@netspace.net.au> wrote in message news:btlqhd$19fi$1@otis.netspace.net.au... > In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the > nearest 0.5�C. > Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole > number, it leaves the decimal point out? &g...

OWA on separate server
I'm trying to find out if I can install OWA on a separate web server that is not running Exchange 2000 or 2003, like you could on 5.5. Is this possible, or do I need to install a second E2K3 server and designate it as a front-end server? If that is the case, will I need a second Exchange Server license? No, unlike 5.5 this is not possible with 200x. You need to install Exchange. Good news is w/2003 you can use Std Edition as front-ends. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "K Steele" <ksteele...

VBA code and decimals
I have some VBA code as this: rrows=lastrow/4 if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no decimal) How do I fix that Thanks I just did this and got 34.5 Sub lastrowdecimal() lastrow = 138 rrows = lastrow / 4 MsgBox rrows End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21838BC-42AA-48A3-9B0C-D2139287A187@microsoft.com... >I have some VBA code as this: > rrows=lastrow/4 > > if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no > decimal) >...

Currency and the number of decimal places
I have an application which has neen running for a number of years, firstly on Access2000 then XP and now on Access 2003. It uses many currency fields for invoicing , credit notes etc. Each field which is of currency type has the decimal property set to 2. Up until recently the ATB balanced fine but lately it has been a few cents out. The reason is that some amounts have been put in with 3 decimal places and some calculations (eg GST of 10% of $398.68 returning to the GST field a value of $39.868) returning 3 decimal places. I guess with the calculations, I can code to make sure only ...

Splitting 1 cell w/2 words into 2 separate cells
Hey everyone! I have a listing of fantasy football players listed as (Firstname Lastname) in one cell. How can I split them up, so the first name is in one cell, and the last name in another? I need this so I can then sort by last name. Thank you! Gary Gary, Select the column, then use Data - Text to columns. Specify a space as the delimiter. Ensure that the next column is currently empty first. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gary Hopkins" <garyh@somewhereoutthere.com> wrote in message news:41...

No decimals?
Hello! Is it possible to stop Money (2005) from using decimal places in the base currency? I am using a currency that uses only integers and no cents (because cents are almost worthless), and invoices amounts usually get some cents due to sales tax calculations, Is it possible to get rid of them? I find this very annoying since cents accumulate over several transactions, and end up with an slightly unreal balance... Thanks! Keiv Hi, It was possible in older version (pobably until 2001). You had to change the Windows's regional settings in the control panel before a new file creatio...

Decimal number to percentage formula (newbie question)
I've got a column full of numbers like 0.5, 1.0, etc. I need them to look like 0.500%. I figured out how to format the cells so that 0.5 looks like 0.500, but when I change the cell format to percentage, it makes 0.500 into 50.000%. So I figured out how to make a formula that divides 0.500 by 100 (=R1C6/100), resulting in 0.005, which I can format to a percentage and get 0.500%. Where I'm stumped is in applying that formula to the entire column. Instead of =R1C6/100, I want my formula to say =all rowsC6/100. How do I tell it {allrows}? Thanks for putting up with a newbie Ken Benson ...

European vs American decimals
I have transferred a chart with statistics from an American Website to my Dutch version of Excel 2003. All the statistics are stated in the American format (with a period as the decimal sign): example = 8.6 I am not able to make formulas because Excel doesn't seem to recognize the period (.) as a decimal sign. (all my equations get the answer 0) I would like to know how to change the period into a comma(the Dutch decimal sign), so that I can use the formula function. or I would like to know how to make Excel recognize the Amerian format to use the formula function. Thank you H...

Count digits before decimals and after decimals
Dear expert, Would like to count the digits before decimals and after decimals. For example, 111975.35 should be 6 digits before decimals and 2 digits after decimals 12456.25 should be 5 and 2 2478.24 should be 4 and 2 248.37 should be 3 and 2 Using LEN does not help. Can you help please? Hi, Why doesn't LEN help. try these =LEN(INT(A1)) and for the decimal portion =IF(ISERROR(FIND(".",A1)),0,LEN(A1)-FIND(".",A1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while...

Don't lose my decimals!
I have a int field and a decimal field (which however contains only numeric values) I need to divide this fields: SELECT field1/CONVERT(INT,field2) The operation is Ok, but I don't get decimal. I tried even SELECT CONVERT(FLOAT,field1/CONVERT(INT,field2)) but it's the same. How do I get decimals? And I want to get only two. Thanks. Luciano "Luciano (DOC)" <lucianodoc@luciano.doc> ha scritto nel messaggio news:4b9a83b3$0$1110$4fafbaef@reader2.news.tin.it... >I have a int field and a decimal field I mean a varchar field. L. Data typ...

decimal separator?
Hi, I'm using web quiries to obtain data from web pages. Some of the sites use ',' as a desimal separator others use '.'. I'm from Finland so I'd like to use ',' as decimal separator. Is there a way to format those U.S.-format('.') numbers to Finnish-format(',') without changing the setting for the whole progmam/operating system?? Thank you, Jimmy format the cells where you will paste as text paste in the data format the cells a general do edit=>Replace Replace what . replace with , -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Jimmy <jj_22_jj@yahoo...

Number Format
I have a system that records attribute data. An Engineer enters a specification range for the values and an integer value for the desired number of decimal places to display. I have the following formula in my report's record source Round([Act_Value], Nz([Dec_Place],0)) This works to limit the number of decimals, but doesn't "set" the display. For example [Act_value] = 0.5 [Dec_place] = 3 The above formula will diplay 0.5. I want it to display 05.00. Is there a way to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Use the format function Format(Round([Act_Value],...

Qty Decimals
Hi Out There, Does anyone know if there is a way to set a part to 4 decimals, but to show 0 decimal places on the PO & SOP Screens and printouts? We would like to have the option of 4 decimals for Bills of Materials, but we don't want the orders and PO's to show 4.0000 because it forces the data entry to add a perios in order to make it a whole number. (We've been having issues with that) Thank you! You can do this with Modifier/VBA. If you don't find a better way and want to pursue this route let me know and I will help. ...

format and decimals in control text
Hi format and decimals in a text box do not seem to work as expected. I can set format to general number or leave it blank and decimals to 0 or 1, makes no difference, I get 1 decimal in some text boxes and no decimals in others. the decimals are not rounded off either, they can be .3 or .9. does anyone know why and how to deal with this problem? regards LP wrote: >format and decimals in a text box do not seem to work as expected. >I can set format to general number or leave it blank and decimals to 0 or 1, >makes no difference, I get 1 decimal in some text boxes and no decimals...

Degrees Minutes Decimal Minutes to Decimal Degrees.
Hi All, I have got a worksheet with cells like: E174 36.992 I need to get that into decimal degrees like E174.61653 Is there a way to do this with a forumla? I start with find, left, right functions, but I ended up parenthesis hell. Cheers -Al "Al" <bigal.nz@gmail.com> wrote: > I have got a worksheet with cells like: > E174 36.992 > I need to get that into decimal degrees like > E174.61653 One way: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) & TEXT(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))/60,".00000") ----- original messa...

number of quantity decimals
Hello: Other than perhaps rounding issues, are there any problems with having quantity decimals for some items in inventory being 5, some being 4, and some being 3? childofthe1980s If it works for your parts and pricing, it works for GP. I frequently have some parts with 5 decimals and others with 2 -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Other than perhaps rounding issue...

Decimals
Hi , I have a pedantic client who when he exports the report to excel does not want to see two decimal places . I have set it to N0 and P0 , but alas no luck , any suggestions ? Regards Malcolm ...

Separate Contacts
I'm using Live Mail on my desktop - Is there a way to separately list contacts - A set for my E-mail and a set for my wife - . "Disturbed about lost of express ..." <Disturbed about lost of express ... @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D24BCF9-B1F9-477A-B1D6-9B88942A5894@microsoft.com... > I'm using Live Mail on my desktop - Is there a way to separately list > contacts - A set for my E-mail and a set for my wife - . > Do you mean list into groups???? No, except for creating separate Windows login accounts for each of you. ...

Preserve decimal 0 in function bar
Hi, my problem is to show decimal in bar function when decimal is 0 If i write "=3,00+2,70" excel write "=3+2,7". How can i say excel to don't truncate 0? A workaround is to write function like this: ="3,00"+"2,70" ....but i don't like it. There is another solutions? Thanks!!!! If you mean you want to change what you see in the cell, you do that with formatting. Set the number of decimal places to 2. If you mean you want to change what is displayed in the formula bar, I don't think that is possible. On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:56:49 GMT, ...

2007 categorize and separate emails both inbox and sent
i have inquired on this before and have received some responses which are helpful but a few details remain--have also been to amazon, microsoft add-ons and other software---all three don't say the same thing always 1. receive email system sends it to say folder and then sub folder with this rule first category based on "a specific project number" in the subject space, and then by email address of the sender 2. same for sent email except that in this case the second criteria shall be email address of the person sent to 3. i assume that the system woud already ...

Decimal alignment
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I align decimals in a word document? I know it has something to do with setting tabs, but I can't seem to get it right when I tried to figure it out myself! Thanks so much. Why are you trying to "figure it out" for yourself?... That's what Help is for :-) See the topic: Set tab stops Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/7/10 6:37 PM, in article 59bb26da.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "brielle78@officeformac.com" <brielle78@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: ...

Transaction type/ Transaction amount in two separate columns
I have a couple thousand rows of data grouped into eight transaction types. Column A is the type and Column B is the amount. I would like average the amounts of each of the groups. Can you give me an idea how best to approach this task? It is repetitive in that this report is prepared on a weekly basis. I recommend a Pivot Table Select your data range Then....from the Excel main menu: <Data><Pivot Table> Use: Excel Select your data Click the [Layout] button ROW: Drag the TYPE field here DATA: Drag the AMOUNT field here If it doesn't list as Average of AMOUNT...dbl-click ...