Dc130.xls - what is this?

My virus software has identified this file as corrupt.
What is it; what does it do?  Can I safely delete it?  If
I delete it do I need a new one?  How can I get an updated
version if this is a required file?

XLS To CSV Error
Hello, I am having trouble with this excel file. I am converting it to a cvs file for an import. The problem is that item numbers 760-762 import fine, but 764-767 are skipped on the import. It shows all items in the csv file, but I must be missing so formatting on the xls file that is corrupting the csv file? I attached a link to the file, so if anyone can see the error, I would appreciate if you could let me know the error? http://65.18.128.108/2.2/excelfile.xls Thanks JR Hi The formatting on columns C and D change on the line where your import finishes. Maybe that is the problem? An...

how?emails into .xls for email marketing
I am using RMS and was wondering how I can get all my emails into an .xls file. Who can provide clear steps on how to do this. Much appreciated Steps 1. Open Store Operations Administrator 2. File, Connection - fill in database password 3. Query New - this will open a new window 4. Type in sql query to get desired information such as in step 5 - give me all emailaddress from my customers where an email address is not blank. 5. select emailaddress from customer where emailaddress <> '' 6. Press F5 (which is run key) 7. A result of all the email addresses will app...

Convert pst to xls ?
Is there a way to convert a Contact list that has been made a .pst into a Excel spreadsheet? thanks! "Deb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ead701c43cec$73798a30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to convert a Contact list that has been > made a .pst into a Excel spreadsheet? > thanks! Open in Outlook and export as a CSV file. ...

Dc130.xls
My virus software has identified this file as corrupt. What is it; what does it do? Can I safely delete it? If I delete it do I need a new one? How can I get an updated version if this is a required file? ...

Can I make an xls start up in 2003
ever since I've installed 2007, all my files will start up 2007 when I double -click them. Can I set up my machine so that: xlsx will open up 2007 and xls will open up 2003 Thanks M hi windows considers the last version installed as the default so it's basicly a windows thing, not necessarily an excel thing. one possible fix would be to reinstall excel 03 to re-set it as default. another would be to do a detect and repair in 03 setup. some have reported success with this. good luck. regards FSt1 "Michelle" wrote: > ever sinc...

.xls files opening in IE rather than xls
When opening files downloaded from the web, they are opened in an IE windo rather than the appropriate Office 2003 tool (word, excel, etc.) From a previous post: There's a setting in Windows that you can change. In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet Select it click the edit button There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it. That's where you can toggle the "confirm open after download", too. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appr...

xp wont open .xls file
I have been sent an .xls file on email which my new computer will not open. Have M/S office installed but cant open the drat thing. Any help please ?? So what happens? -- No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Redfred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b94a01c44ff6$2dc0dda0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have been sent an .xls file on email which my new > computer will not open. Have M/S office installed but > cant open the drat thing. Any help please ?? Hi what e...

Hyperlink formula opens .xls and .doc, but not .pdf
I have a list of Word, Excel, and Acrobat files in C and the formula =HYPERLINK("S:\public\Forms\" &C2, "Open " & C2) in C. Multiple people are using the worksheet. It appears that everyone can open the .xls and .doc files, but the .pdfs open for some and not others - often with a brief flash of the Acrobat application, then nothing. Copying file name and opening it within Acrobat works fine. Any ideas on where this behaviour is comming from? Tim Mills-Groninger So make sure that all the users have the latest version of the software: http://www.adobe.com/suppo...

.xls
How can I swich .xls to .doc or.txt?? djj222usmc wrote: > How can I swich .xls to .doc or.txt?? Save As? Or copy|paste into Word (or NotePad) and save from there. djj222usmc wrote: > > How can I swich .xls to .doc or.txt?? -- Dave Peterson ...

xls extension
when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I stop this happening? Hi If you go to Windows Explorer and on the Tools menu, choose Folder Options and then click the View Tab. Scroll down until you find the check box that says 'Hide file extensions for know file types. If you click this box to check it on, your .xls should be hidden. You will probably have to close Excel and restart it and then it should work. Hope this helps Ann >-----Original Message----- >when I enter file on a header the extension xls is also printed. How do I >stop...

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

xls attachment became dat
Hi all. Recently i received an email that was send to me and my colleague. The attachment is of xls but when i received it, it was in the form of dat. My colleague received it as xls. Is there anything wrong with my outlook? Are you using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express? These two are very different programs where one can handle Rich Text messages (Microsoft Outlook) while the other cannot. The common message formats between Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express is Plain Text and/or HTML. Therefore I would double check with the sender to verify that they sent the message in Pla...

controling a .xls from another .xls
does anyone know if it is possible to control one excell file from another. i.e lets say there are two files: a.xls & b.xls in "a.xls" cell A1 we input the number "100", is it possible for this number to automatically be populated in to cell A1 of "b.xls"??? if so how??? thanks guys -- on-a-mission ------------------------------------------------------------------------ on-a-mission's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513234 In cell A...

Saving .xls without macro
Hello, I did a search for this issue, but I can't find anything related t it. This is my issue: I have an .xlt which contains macro, at the end of the macro I save th resulting sheets as .xls. The resulting sheets are saved with origina macro. I wonder is there a way that I could save the file without th macro. I am using this code to save my file as .xls. File_Save_Name = Sheets("Menu").Range("D6").Value & Format _(Now "mmddyy") & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=File_Save_Name, FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="",...

I'm getting files saved with names like 48A52100 with no .xls f.
I'm getting spreadsheets saved on our network with an 8-character string as the filename and no .xls file extension. Using the "Open with . . ." option they successfully open with Excel. Does anyone know why this is happening? -- Iain N Black Kelton - These are temp files created when Excel saves a workbook. Normally they are deleted when the save is complete. This might fall under the funny behaviors that occur when working with files on a network. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

importing .xls chart info to .xls calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I take the information in an .xls file and import it to a blank .xls calendar? ...

launching xls in web browser
I am trying to launch two instances of the same xls file from a browser. The first one launches successfully in a new browser window. The second one also launches successfully. However, the first browser window becomes blank after the second report launches. When I close the first browser window the second window becomes blank as well. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

Opening xls files in word
When I open an excel file it opens in word. If I open Excel and then open the file it opens properly. How do I change the default to open all excel files in excel? Rich Rich, Open up Windows Explorer, click the 'Tools' toolbar and then 'Folder Options...'. Click the 'File Types' tab, and scroll down to find the XLS file extension. Highlight "XLS" - I think it will say that it's set to open with Microsoft Word. If so, click the 'Change' button and set it to open with Microsoft Ex...

xls:1 but no xls:2
Hi, I have a workbook which opens with the window title filename.xls:1 as if there are two or more views of the same workbook. However, there is only one view I can find (I have minimised the window within Excel, looked for other Excel windows but to no avail). When I try to close the file (ctrl-w or clicking the lower x) the workbook disappears (as expected) but Excel behaves as if I have just closed one of several views: it doesn't ask me if I would like to save changes. However, when I close the Excel program, it behaves as if I am closing filename.xls and asks if I ...

I do not have Excel, can I read .xls files sent to me?
I do not have Excel, yet I am sent .xls files. Is there anyway I can read these files even though I do not have Excel? I have WorksSuite 2003. Hi you may try the free Excel viewer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/CD010225881033.aspx "RevEPR" wrote: > I do not have Excel, yet I am sent .xls files. Is there anyway I can read > these files even though I do not have Excel? I have WorksSuite 2003. Try the free Excel viewer from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN -...

Save .xls as fixed width text or csv
How do I save an Excel file as a Fixed Width Text file? Brian Save it as a space delimited text file *.prn -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "Brian Jenkins" <bpjenkins@delinvest.com> wrote in message news:032301c38e92$77252bc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I save an Excel file as a Fixed Width Text file? ...

import groups from xls
In outlook 20000, If I have an excel spreadsheet with First, Last and email address for 50 people, can I import it as a group into outlook? -- http://QLiner.com Authority does not make you a leader It gives you the opportunity to be one. - Anonymous You can import it into your Contacts folder. You'd still have to then either create a distribution list manually or add each of these 50 people to the To or BCC field for an email message. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide...

Convert CSV Files to XLS
Hello: I have approximately 1300 .csv files that I need to convert to .xls files so I can extract data from a master spreadsheet. Excel apparently requires a .csv file be open to extract the data. I could open each one individually and do a save as, but that would be rather tedious. Is there a way to programmatically do this. The .csv files are in the following format: xxnzz.csv where: xx is 01-29 (notice the leading 0) n is n zz is 01-110 (notice the leading 0 on 1 digit numbers and that the highest number is 3 digits, 2 digit numbers have no leading 0 i.e. 21n99. "Pigs can't be...

Open File gives me *.xls:1 and *.xls:2. What is this?
When I open a particular file provided by a client it opens two copies :1 and :2. and 1 is hidden. If there's a short explanation for what causes this and what it means I'd appreciate that. Otherwise what should I search under in Help or elsewhere for more info. Window|New window creates these windows. if book1.xls:1 is truely hidden, you can use windows|Unhide to, er, unhide it. After it's showing, you can click on the window you don't want and hit ctrl-w to close it. ex_king_john wrote: > > When I open a particular file provided by a client it opens two co...

Extracting OE 2007 Address book to .xls?
How can I extract OE 2007 Address book (or at least part of it?) in a spreadsheet? Thank you in advance, small caps Assuming OE 2007 = Outlook 2007 which ships with office: File, Import and Export or create a view with the fields you need and copy, then paste into Excel. See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...