day:hour:minute:second format

I want to put data in a day: hour: minute: second format and be able to
multiply it by a number.

I’m doing this in order to create a calculator that will allow me to see if
the memory with a standard memory card last 5 day 1 hour and 51 minutes how
long will it last if the memory is increased by 4

Custom format:
d:hh:mm:ss

This assumes that you are correctly inputting the values in. Remember that
days are stored as integers, and time is stores as a decimal.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Seth J" wrote:

> I want to put data in a day: hour: minute: second format and be able to
> multiply it by a number.
>
> I’m doing this in order to create a calculator that will allow me to see if
> the memory with a standard memory card last 5 day 1 hour and 51 minutes how
> long will it last if the memory is increased by 4

That's OK until the days go beyond 31.
--
David Biddulph

Luke M wrote:
> Custom format:
> d:hh:mm:ss
>
> This assumes that you are correctly inputting the values in. Remember
> that days are stored as integers, and time is stores as a decimal.
>
>> I want to put data in a day: hour: minute: second format and be able
>> to multiply it by a number.
>>
>> I'm doing this in order to create a calculator that will allow me to
>> see if the memory with a standard memory card last 5 day 1 hour and
>> 51 minutes how long will it last if the memory is increased by 4

0
David

Changing dd/mm/yy to the day of the week
Hi, Am looking for a macro or whatever which will change a set of dates into the corresponding week day. Ie: I have a column of dates in this format: 01/01/03 thru to 16/10/03. I want to write a quick macro which will then drop into an adjacent cell, the day of the week that each day is, so in column 'A' we have the dates (01/01/03) and in column 'B' we have the day that that date was ie Wednesday. any help would be great. cheers On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:13:51 -0700, Gerald wrote: > Hi, > > Am looking for a macro or whatever which will change a set > of ...

Recover .mde format
Greetings, Is there any way at all to convert an .mde file back to .mdb so I can recover the forms/reports/modules, etc.? My laptop with the original .mdb files was stole. Unfortunately, the CD's with the backups of the files were also in the computer case. I know I may be shooting in the dark here, but any assistance will be appreciated. jn No, it is not possible to convert an MDE back to an MDB. -- Cheryl Fischer, MVP Microsoft Access Law/Sys Associates, Houston, TX "jn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:113f501c3f58b$1e715930$a101280...

30, 60, 90 days late and due within 14 days
I am working on a spreadsheet that will calculate late suspenses. Basically I have 3 different types of late suspenses and am looking to calculate between 0 and 30 days late, 30 - 60 days late, 60 - 90 days late and over 90 days and each of these time frames for the three categories. Here is what my spread sheet looks like: Name ID TYPE SUSP DAYS OVER DUE UNIT WOOD 6470 N/A 18-Mar-05 (234) A SMITH 7453 UNIT 22-APR-05 (199) B JONES 9741 CO 1-Nov-05 (6) C ...

Put Money on Second Computer?
Can I put Money 2004 on my home and work computer and send the file back and forth and only pay one fee? I think you will infer the answer "No" from the EULA in Help|About. Your home desktop and your laptop? Yes, explicitly. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108901c47b41$336a9450$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can I put Money 2004 on my home and work computer and > send the file back and forth and only pay one fee? ...

projected sales forecast broken down into an hourly rate not linea
I'm trying to make a spreadsheet program that allowes me to predict projected sales per hour when given a projected total for the day, but I have no idea of how to make a spreadsheet like that. In addition to this I would like to add a column that will allow me to write in the acutual sales per hour so as to decide whether or not I should call more people in or send people home. As noted above I do not want to make it as a linear equation but rather use something to get an accurate gage for sales per hour based on peak hours and such. Thanks ...

send mail every days
Hello friends, Have a question about outlook 2007. I need to run a macro every days, this macro send a mail with information of a SQL. Have the macro created and run succesfull but how i can to do for run every days automatically ? is possible schedulle this macro ? Thanks in advnace and sorry by my english, Christian Wis. This might help you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=10&cmd=showitem -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: &...

Can I refresh Imported External Data at less than 1 minute intervals?
I have a database query from Excel with the Data Range Settings set to Refresh every 1 minute. 1 minute seems to be the minimum. Is there a way of refreshing every say 10 seconds? I have thought of recording a macro which simply clicks the refresh button but then how to I create an event to call the macro at 10 second [or whatever] intervals. All help is appreciated. Bill See Chip Pearson's page on Application.OnTime http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Bill <wje@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:4julpvk3unn70i02jgoqg9utibro2j8uoo@4ax.com... &...

formating incrementing numbers
It almost seems silly asking this question, but I can't figure out how to do this. I need to come up with a grid 4 cells X 100 cells each cell containing numbers in the following format. A B C D 1 06-001 06-002 06-003 06-004 2 06-005 06-006 06-007 06-008 all the way up to ... 100 06-397 06-398 06-399 06-400 (Or however the lost rows work out) I'm trying formulas, but no either I loose the two leading zeros in the second part of the number, or get some kind of error message. Thanks. Bert...

Table of Figures Format
Anyone know how to build a Table of Figures that includes the figure number and page number, but doesn't include the caption label "Figure" repeated for every entry in the table? -- Michael See replies to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Michael" <michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F253DD3-A704-4F67-A55F-06C8180BF9EE@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how to build a Table of Figures that includes the figure >...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

Second Exchange Server #2
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add a second 2003 exchange server to a domain and have them geographically separate. Is there some step by step guide to setting this up? How do users in the domain get there email from there local exchange server? Possible, as long as you have a local Global Catalog you shouldn't have any issues. Make sure name resolution (DNS) is working across sites. Install Exchange and add server to the Exchange Org. Message routing should work between the sites out of the box (Exchange assumes all servers are installed in one Routing Group - servers w...

Calendar day not days
I am trying to figure a way in which I can add a specified number of calendar days to a date (ex: 9/21/2006 + 14 days = Calendar date). I thought it would be an easy thing to do, but when I try what is on MS help, I get the total days from 1 Jan 1900 and can't figure out how to convert it to the calendar day. Can anyone help out in figuring this formula out. Dan (Still going in circles) Dan, All dates are actually a count of the number of days since 1 Jan 1900 but are just formatted to look like dates. Try re-formating the number you get as a date. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancie...

Excel2007 VBA
If I create a PivotTable with a field called DATE containing dates formatting as dd/mm/yy, I then use this macro to remove Saturdays and Sundays from the PivotTable. Except it reads the dates a mm/dd/yy until they are 'out of scope' and then they are read as dd/mm/yy. Why? Sub HideWeekendsFromPivotTable() Dim pivotName As String Dim pivotDate As Date Dim z, pivotCount As Long pivotName = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).Name With ActiveSheet.PivotTables(pivotName).PivotFields("Date") pivotCount = .PivotItems.Count ...

Copying color formatting from cell to cell
On sheet A, I show work assignments by date and location. Dates are listed on the left column and jobs are listed along the top. I can assign Joe to "Job 101" on June 10, 2005 by putting his name under "Job 101" for June 10. If it is an all-day job, I put an * in front of Joe's name and it colors the cell yellow (using a conditional formatting rule). On sheet B, the dates are listed in the left hand column and then the employees are listed in columns next to the dates. I have used a look up formula to show "Job 101" under Joe's name for June 10, 2005. I ...

Years, Months, Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds Formula?
Hi Everyone, Could anyone PLEASE help me with a single cell formula that would take the difference between TWO cells containing Dates AND Times, and return the elapsed difference in the following format: "3 Years, 9 Months, 15 Days, 14 Hours, 8 Minutes, 16 Seconds" I've been trying all day to come up with it, but so far have only managed to do the date part! I would be extremely grateful for any help anyone can offer. Thank you. Hi Darrell, As long as you have date & time in each cell as entered by Excel you simply subtract the earlier timestamp from the later ti...

How do I set number formats that will be applied only if a number.
Hi you may post your question as body of your message :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jim Gentile" <JimGentile@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2678B459-1954-4258-A570-155E25F18F52@microsoft.com... > ...

Calculating Time over days
I am trying to calculate hours since I last worked in a daily log. Th issue I have is if there is a day off in between, I need it to go t the previous day totaling the Hours Off. (File Attached) Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Ti Attachment filename: time calculation.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=61019 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out the NETWORKDAYS function in Help. On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:15:12 -0500, TimSmi <<TimSmi.18ztja@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I am trying to ...

Cell gets formatted as Hijri date (Arabic date)
Hi, on some of the PCs at work, when the user enters a value starting with 'a' or 'A' followed bya number from 1 to 12, it gets displayed as Arabic text representiing the month. When I look at the formatting of the cell, it shows as Custom with type set as "B2d-mmm". Deleting the type has no effect, it just comes back. Microsoft KB 871138 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871138) shows how to enter Arabic dates: "To enter Hijri date, type A or a in front of the date entry For example, you can enter the short date 'a9/25/20', which will be interpreted as H...

::: How To Display An All Day Event Into A Work Week or 5 Days Calendar :::
Hi, I am working with Outlook 2003. My calendar is setup to show the work week (5 days - Monday to Friday). This is my preference. When I enter an appointment of "x" hours I can see it on the related column (example: Tuesday from 10:00AM to 11:00AM). No problem, perfect. But when I enter an appointment using the tick box "All day Event" (for one or several days) it doesn't show into the column. It shows only on the top of the day columns. Would you know if there is a way to make it appear into the day column to clearly show that I am busy? In advance many thanks fo...

1.5% on your investment every day 365 day`s a year!
For a short information, click: www.sap36@freeautobot.com ...

How do I print 2 page spreads from Booklet format in Publisher?
I have booklet layout with 8" x 8" pages printing on 11" x 17" paper. I don't know how to get it where I can view individual 2 page drafts. When I print currently, page 1 is with 44, page 2 is with 43, etc. I want to be able to print to view in draft form page 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc. This is for draft markup purposes only. I know I will print 2 sided in booklet form as stated previously when we are ready to mass produce. Bottom line is that we'd like to be able to print and view our book in "story board mode" (I just coined that) so we can see whe...

Show actual days
I have two tables : CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__PROGRAM_CLIENT]( [ClientKey] [int] NOT NULL, [PgmKey] [int] NULL, [Date_Admit_Program] [datetime] NULL, [Date_Discharged_Program] [datetime] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_SYS_FD__PROGRAM_CLIENT] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED CREATE TABLE [dbo].[DateLookup]( [DateKey] [int] NOT NULL, [DateFull] [datetime] NULL, [CharacterDate] [varchar](10) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [FullYear] [char](4) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [QuarterNumber] [tinyint] NULL, [WeekNumber] [tinyint] NULL, [WeekDayName] [varchar](10)...

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

Conditional formatting in empty cells
Using Conditional Formating from the Format menu I am setting the Pattern for cells containinig a number greater than 6 to Green. This works fine except empty cells i.e. containing no data, go green. Has any one got any suggestions? Best wishes Nick Are you sure the cell is empty? Or do you put a space character in that cell--or do you have a formula that evaluates to ""? If it's a formula that evaluates to "", you could use a rule like: Formula is: =AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A1>6) Nick Horn wrote: > > Using Conditional Formating from the Format menu I am s...

Top Sales days top z report days report
Does anyone know how to find my top sales dates/ days with highest sales /highest z reports ? Does any one know how to find those in RMS? Is there a custom report for this ? Thanks Robert Robert: Do you want to look at your past journals/Z reports and print a new report in descending order by sales showing dates? Over what period of time: last month, quarter, year...? Aloha, Miles miles@pacificcomp.biz Pacific Computer Systems Miles Baidack Supporting Business Since 1985 Phone: (808)395-8156 or (808)277-8156 "Robert" wrote: > Does anyone know how to find my top sale...