Date validation #3

hello everybody,
i am new to excel , and i want to format a particular cell such that it
accepts a date and the date should BE ONLY SATURDAY.
If the date is not saturday a message box should appear and say "please
enter the correct date".
Please let me know step by step.As i am not comfortable using excel.

Thanx,
Ragini.

Ragini,

Use Data Validation, setup a  custom criteria, and use a formula of
=WEEKDAY(A1)=6
or whatever cell you are inputting data in

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ragini" <ragini.w1von@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> hello everybody,
> i am new to excel , and i want to format a particular cell such that it
> accepts a date and the date should BE ONLY SATURDAY.
> If the date is not saturday a message box should appear and say "please
> enter the correct date".
> Please let me know step by step.As i am not comfortable using excel.
>
> Thanx,
> Ragini.

bob.phillips (411)

Outlook CRM 3.0 asking for password
Hi folks, if got a problem with one client machine running on Windows XP (SP2 + IE7) working with Outlook 2003 and the CRM Sales Client 3.0. User is working with the client in outlook and managing his activities and so on, then suddenly when choosing any crm interaction the user is prompted to enter his username and password. The crm-site is entered within the local sites of the Internetexplorer and working with the crm web fronted is also working fine, only problems are within the outlook plugin. Can anyone help me with this? Best regards, Daniel This is for all users or just one ...

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

organizational chart #3
I'm looking for any kind of a download for a simple organizational chart In Excel 2000 and earlier versions, choose Insert>Object, then choose MS Organization Chart from the list. In Excel 2000, there's an 'Insert Diagram or Organization Chart' button on the Drawing toolbar. melvin wrote: > I'm looking for any kind of a download for a simple organizational chart -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

data validation and autocomplete -- again...
hi, i've looked at the discussions about this topic, and i can't help but feel someone must have created a better solution. does anyone know of a better solution? the problem is simple: 1. i have a chart of accounts list 2. i want to enter text that is likely to be in this list, and want autocomplete to save keystroke effort by scrolling to that place in the list, or at least autofilling, so i can then just hit enter. thanks for any help here, fred thanks max, this is very helpful. fred "Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eQov1Fo6EHA.28...

strange date format problem

How to disable automatic dtd validation in XmlDocument?
Hello, I am getting an xml response from some server which I need to parse. Problem is the xml data contains DTD declaration and the XmlDocument.LoadXml() tries to find the dtd under C:\WINNT\System32 and throws an error. How could i disable this automatic validation? Thanks, Fahad Ashfaque Fahad Ashfaque wrote: > I am getting an xml response from some server which I need to parse. Problem > is the xml data contains DTD declaration and the XmlDocument.LoadXml() tries > to find the dtd under C:\WINNT\System32 and throws an error. > > How could i disable this automati...

Public Folder Question #3
I recently took over a new mixed-mode Exchange Org and am trying to clean up their Public Folder tree. There is one folder called IPM_SUBTREE that I am not familiar with. Can this be removed or is it some kind of system folder that needs to remain in place? It has several subfolders that were probably moved there by accident and need to be removed, but what about the IPM_SUBTREE? It doesn't have any items in it... DON"T REMOVE IT!!!!! This is the basic tree where your mail enabled public folders live. It is also bound to your public folder store. There are two parts to the ...

How to sort by name then date?

When I open Excel, 3 un-requested xls.docs are opened. Why?
Each time I open my Excel program, three excel documents open as well. I want to change this so it does not happen. How do I do this? Thanks Lisa Lisam wrote: > Each time I open my Excel program, three excel documents open as well. I > want to change this so it does not happen. How do I do this? > Thanks > Lisa At startup Excel will automatically open any file stored in the XLStart subdirectory. To find whether this subdirectory is in it's default location, or whether it's been redefined elsewhere, click on Tools>Options>General and look at the startup fi...

Email Template Problem
Hi, I'm having an issue with using email templates. When I try using them, the messages are sent just fine, except that the Greeting in the message contains my name (the sender) instead of the name of the person the email is going to. This happens on the built in templates that came with CRM as well as some that I have created. For example....I'm Dan, and if I send a message to Joe using a template, Joe would see something like this: Dear Dan, Welcome to CRM....blah blah blah. Sincerely, Dan The field that is auto populated after "Dear" is this: {!User:First Nam...

if statement with dates #2

worker thread #3
Could I get a comment on the following thread function and start of thread? Is there anything that is incorrect? I'm trying to use two audio buffers for the first time, and this is also the most I've ever attempted to use a worker thread and event. My audio is playing back all chopped up, and I am suspecting that there's something I need to know about handling the thread. HANDLE m_hndAudioDone; UINT AudioStream(LPVOID pParam) { CAudioFile* audiofile = (CAudioFile*)pParam; while(true) { WaitForSingleObject(m_hndAudioDone, INFINITE); if(!audiofile->m_bEndOfStrea...

Counting Dates?

Validation of CRM email addresses in Outlook
Hi folks, Couple of problems that are occuring for us with CRM 3.0: I am a habitual quick-keyer of e-mail addresses in Outlook; i.e., I enter a snippet of the individual's first and last names, then press CTRL+K to validate/underline the address. Sometimes when I do this, and the person is from the CRM address book, Outlook 'appears' to validate the address (it appears underlined) but on attempting to send the message Outlook flashes a message about selecting at least one recipient for the message. On right-clicking the person's name and selecting properties, all the...

An expression for dates from and to

Outlook Mailboxes #3
I am using Outlook 2000 and am having trouble with the program letting me know that there is new mail in the mailboxes. There used to be blue numbers that showed up by the mailbox to indicate that there was new mail in that mailbox. I don't get those anymore. HELP! ...

CRM Outlook Client 3.0
Since installing the Outlook client my Exchange server has been running close to 99% of the CPU. If I disable the addin then everything runs fine. It seems to be only 2 specific users creating the problem. I've tried one of the user on a clean install on another PC and still have the same issue. If I run Outlook in Cache mode than it is the clients CPU and hardrive that are extremely busy. I've open a case with Microsoft over 2 weeks now and have yet to get a resolution. Hoping someone out there has an idea. We're using Outlook 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 Also same issue runni...

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...