Date to Words

I need some help changing a date such as 11-Aug-05 to "the eleventh day of
August, two thousand five.  I used the file in Excel 2000 that made the
conversion but it is not working with my Excel 2003.  Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help.
--
Frustrated

Rather than recreate the wheel, I suggest recreating the conditions
under which the XL2k file worked.  It may have something to do with
add-ins: with the Excel 2000 file open, click >Tools >Add-Ins, and
select the same features that were selected in Excel 2000.  This may
require a bit of trial and error or informed guesses, but should be
quicker than figuring out the whole deal again.

0
CycleZen (674)
8/10/2005 3:26:15 PM
Perhaps this will give you an idea of how to do. Create a lookup table for
the days. If the year will be different do the same.

="The " &VLOOKUP(C19,G18:H22,2)&" day of "&TEXT(C17,"mmmm")& " Two thousand
five"

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Frustrated" <frustrated@thekeyboard.net> wrote in message
> I need some help changing a date such as 11-Aug-05 to "the eleventh day of
> August, two thousand five.  I used the file in Excel 2000 that made the
> conversion but it is not working with my Excel 2003.  Any suggestions?
> Thanks for your help.
> --
> Frustrated

0
Don
8/10/2005 3:48:07 PM
This is a formula from John Walkenbach's "Microsoft Excel 2000 Formulas"
book.

=DAY(A1)&IF(INT(MOD(DAY(A1),100)/10)=1, "th", IF(MOD(DAY(A1),10)=1,
"st",IF(MOD(DAY(A1),10)=2,"nd", IF(MOD(DAY(A1),10)=3, "rd","th"))))& " "
&TEXT(A1,"mmmm, yyyy")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps this will give you an idea of how to do. Create a lookup table for
> the days. If the year will be different do the same.
>
> ="The " &VLOOKUP(C19,G18:H22,2)&" day of "&TEXT(C17,"mmmm")& " Two
thousand
> five"
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "Frustrated" <frustrated@thekeyboard.net> wrote in message
> > I need some help changing a date such as 11-Aug-05 to "the eleventh day
of
> > August, two thousand five.  I used the file in Excel 2000 that made the
> > conversion but it is not working with my Excel 2003.  Any suggestions?
> > Thanks for your help.
> > --
> > Frustrated

0
Don

Creating a word document
I have a text file that has tab delimited rows of fields. I would like to input the file into a C++ program and write out a word document with some of the fields bolded. I have develop a program to read input text file and now would like to write out the Word formatted .doc file. Is there a control that I can use to get the Word formatted output? Is there a better way to go about this? I feel like I am reinventing the wheel. I basically need a "xls" to "doc" converter program that allows me to format the various fields the way I want. Thanks, Michael Fox Have you...

Cannot open files in Word
I cannot open a file in Word saved in publiser. When I try it shows a window encoding, and shows ms- dos and two choices to pick from, no matter what I pick the document cannot be read.Thank for any help Frank Neither can anyone else. A Publisher file cannot be opened in Word. "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E348233B-B3F0-4CC9-9606-1640F454A88D@microsoft.com... >I cannot open a file in Word saved in publiser. When I try it shows a >window > encoding, and shows ms- dos and two choices to pick from, no matter what I > pick the doc...

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

strange date format problem

Embedded Excel Objects in Word convert to pictures

How to sort by name then date?

Change capitalized words to capitalized words and bold
I would like to change all capitalized words to be both capitalized and bol. It has to be a macro since my document contains thousands of CAPITALIZED words. I would also like to delete any parenthesized phrase inside a pair of parenthesis , including the parenthesis that contains a a 4 digit number somewhere between the parenthesis. In other words I would like to set up a macro that would remove the entire parenthesis such as (born in 1989 to Martha and Stan) but not remove the phrase and pair of parenthesis such as (tall order for $1.95). -- Butch Cassidy No macros neede...

if statement with dates #2

Underlined formatting comments in Word 2003
Some days ago I got some good tips from readers in this forum, re unwanted red colored, underlined, formatting comments in plain documents. Comments which I printed, but somehow have lost. These comments have now popped up in some other document. When I am inside this document, it seems as if I really managed to get rid of the formatting comments. Then I save the document in normal way, then exit from Word 2003. Next when I open up the same document, those underlined comments come up again. Feel like a little swearing !! -- ___________ Knut Willy Double-click TR...

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

PowerPoint 2007 to Word 2007
Can anyone tell me why when I want to publish a PowerPoint presentation to Word why a box pops up that states; "PowerPoint couldn't write to Microsoft Office Word" Please email me at carljazz@ymail.com Thank you! I was having the same problem. The clipboard utility I was using, ClipX, was interfering. "carljazz" wrote: > Can anyone tell me why when I want to publish a PowerPoint presentation to > Word why a box pops up that states; > > "PowerPoint couldn't write to Microsoft Office Word" > > Please email me ...

MS Office Word 2007 Has Stopped Working
I'm using Subject Word under Win7. That's a message I get after I close Word 2007. It seems like the doc produced or modified works, but produces that message. What's up? -- Wayne Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person over a lifetime: Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can Fossil ...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...

word file attachment
attached word document shows as word before sending but is automatically zipped as sent. how do i disable automatic zipping of outgoing file attachments? Do you have Quick View Plus on this machine? If yes, turn off the automatic zipping from within that program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, bentley asked: | attached word document shows as word ...