Date shows as 01/01/00

We have a spreadsheet that we want to enter a date in a cell. I have changed
the format to Date 03/01/01 format but no matter what I do, any date is
converted to 01/01/00. I have tried inserting a column, copying to another
spreadsheet, etc. I know this is probably simple, but it's driving me crazy.
Help please.
0
Kmagg (3)

In an un-used cell enter:

=TODAY()

if this is not the correct date, then touch CNTRL-ALT-F9 on the keyboard

post what happens.
--
Gary''s Student

"Kmagg" wrote:

> We have a spreadsheet that we want to enter a date in a cell. I have changed
> the format to Date 03/01/01 format but no matter what I do, any date is
> converted to 01/01/00. I have tried inserting a column, copying to another
> spreadsheet, etc. I know this is probably simple, but it's driving me crazy.
> Help please.
0
GarysStudent (1572)
9/23/2005 9:43:03 PM
Try tools|options|transition tab|Uncheck Transition Formula Entry.

With this checked, excel behaves like Lotus 123 and sees a division:

But I think your post is wrong <vbg>.

You see 01/01/00 when you type in a date of 01/03/01.

1 divided by 3 divided by 1
is equal to:  0.333333333333333
Or 1/3 of day one in excel speak.
And day one is January 1, 1900.

(You'd see Jan 1, 1900 8:00 AM if you formatted it differently.)

While you're in that tools|Options|transition tab, you may want to turn off all
those "helpful" Lotus 123 settings--especially if you haven't use (or don't use)
123 anymore.

--

Dave Peterson
0

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

show all fields in the Outlook 2007 task form
I see that a contact has "Show All Fields". Where is this option for tasks? I'd like to see some of these things in the task form, not just the table view. It's in the same place, only the standard task form hides that page. You'd need to design a custom task form that has that page visible. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "jay.meerdink@gmail.com" wrote: > I see that a contact has "Show All Fields"....

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...

IMF v2 Updates not showing on SBS 2003 add/rem programs
Hi, Unless I'm reading wrong when the IMF updates are applied the add/remove programs should show the latest date of the IMF update (ex: .... Server 2003: 2007.01.11 (KB907747). But I'm not seeing the date change. I'm not sure but it looks like the updates are applied on our system since we have the "..\Exchsvr\bin\mscfv2\X.X.XXXX.X " folders created and inside them are the .dat and .dll files for the new contentfilters. Checking the registry under "..\updates\exchange server 2003\sp3\kb907747" it looks like the points there point the the most current MSCFV2 f...

PivotTable question
Thanks Debra, For some reason when on that Date field button in the Pivot table & choose the Group & Show Detail > Group I get a "Cannot group that selection" pop up message. I'll give the other tips a shot, I'm sure those will work. thanks again -- -= cj = ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -= cj =-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1467 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26305 If the date column contains text, or blank cells, you'll see th...

Incorrect date in creation date field
I am having an issue when creating a template I am trying to use the date field called creation date but when it is inerted into the document it shows an incorrect date? For example the file was created and saved on May 26, 2006 but the creation date field show November 26, 2002. Has anyone else seen this problem? ...

Convert Text Entry to Date Format
Hello We were sent a large spreadsheet with hundreds of dates entered as text in this format: 04151985. Each entry has the green triangle in the upper left corner of the cells designating the data as text. We need to change the format to 04/15/1985. I have tried DateValue with no luck. I get a "#value" error I have also tried converting the text to a number first and then formating as a date using "format/cells" but I only get a string of pound signs ####. Please help. Thanks Art Sorry, I just read some of the archived postings and figured out the solution. ...

I UNCHECKED THE SHOW SCREENTIPS, BUT IT WON'T STOP
Ok, the "cut, copy, paste" box keeps showing up when I try to tupe in Publisher. Other boxes show up all the time like on the desktop, "arrange desktop", etc. On the web, one shows up "back" etc. I have unchecked the box for "Show Screentips" but it still won't stop. It prevents me from doing any work. Please help!!!!! If the balloons are turning up on your Windows desktop, this has nothing to do with Publisher. HOW TO: Disable Notification Area Balloon Tips in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729 -- Mary Sa...

Last Balanced Date
Does anyone know a quick way to get a list of accounts and the last date they were balanced? I'm finding myself having to select each account and manually check to see if it is up to date. I would think there would be a report of some kind that would display this somewhere, but I can't seem to find one. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...Skip Skip, I've been thinking of the same exact question ever since I made the upgrade from Money 2004 to 2005. The ability to see the last balanced date across all accounts did exist in the 2004 version, and it was very useful. It...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a previous date set
I am devloping an excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a discharge could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date falls within the first and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter dates within or covering dates already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. The answer to your quest...