Date query "Excel VBA"

Is there anyway i can use vba code to create a user input box on a sale
worksheet that will filter the sales orders and only display the order
that equal the date entered into the input box by the end user.

I am already using the autofilter feature but would like to take it on
step further and make it easier for the admin clerk.

Thank-Yo

You didn't like yesterday's suggestion????

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=4110273A.B3C20CDD%40msn.com

"avilla <" wrote:

> Is there anyway i can use vba code to create a user input box on a sales
> worksheet that will filter the sales orders and only display the orders
> that equal the date entered into the input box by the end user.
>
> I am already using the autofilter feature but would like to take it one
> step further and make it easier for the admin clerk.
>
> Thank-You
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
8/4/2004 10:53:53 PM
Hi

Sorry, have not been on the forum for a couple of days and did not see
the post. Had a look and before giving it at try it looks exactly what
i have been trying to acheive.

---

Excel VBA
Hi All, I want to be able to use a msgbox that asks a person what date it is? When the person enters say 19/08/04 and presses ok, another spreadshee willl now have this date entered. What im trying to do is in the end is be able to write the date in an sleect a task. So each time i do a task i can say what day and how man times. Any help would be great Im novice at best.: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like the following: Sub foo() Dim res_value Dim target_wks As Worksheet Set target_wks = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Tabelle2") Do res_value...

About Excel VBA
Hello: Is there some important differences in the Visual Basic of Excel 2003 and Excel 2007? If I practice VBA in Excel 2003, could I have problems to do the same applications in Excel 2007? -- Miguel M. Yal�n http://mmyv.com Should be relatively transparent, like 99.9% or better (I made up these numbers) "Miguel" <responderalgrupo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:78m72gF1mdo1sU2@mid.individual.net... > Hello: > > Is there some important differences in the Visual Basic of Excel 2003 and > Excel 2007? > > If I practice VBA in Excel 2003, could ...

Excel VBA/VBE need help....
Currenty I have a workbook that consiist of 15 sheets, my goal is to b cale to update all date when I replace the existiong master sheet s all sub sheets can update as well. I'm new to this application bu from researching I feel it can be a handy tool if I can just pick it u and learn it. Any sujestions on where to start? Thanks, Ton -- anthony ----------------------------------------------------------------------- anthonyh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2932 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49041 Hi ...

Charting problem in Excel VBA
Hi, i have 2 worksheets. In the first sheet i have a combo and a button ,depending on the values that i select in the combo and when the button is clicked i will be getting the values in the second sheet. I have implemented the above scenario by associating a sql query with the particular cell in the second sheet.On any change in selection made in the first sheet we change the command text of the query dynamically and we try to refreash the workbook.We have a chart in the second sheet whose source data should point to the resultset as obtained by the embedded query as said above...

excel vba
Here is what happens: 1. user opens program 2. userform pops up asking retail, trade, or account 3. depending on which is chosen, certain cells/formats get reformatte specific ways 4. user clicks on command button for clearing the page, causes certain cells to become unprotected and then protects the sheet 5. user goes through and inputs info into non protected cells and the clicks on save/print command button This is where the problem is arising, I don't know where and when should put codes to disable the protection in order for certaing cell to change. For example, I have a code set u...

Excel VBA
I would like to create a function or macro to automatically enter th date when a number in an adjacent cell is entered. I am new to VBA and haven't been able to figure this out yet. An ideas? TH -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use this worksheet change event idea if isnumberic(target) then target.offset(0,1)=date -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jbchrist >" <<jbchrist.19e9da@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jbchrist.19e9da@excelforum-nospam.com... > I would like to create a function or macro to automatically e...

Determine Intersection of 2 lines using Excel VBA
Y values - I have y-values in 2 rows of my spreadsheet, say A5:W5 and A10:W10. X values - The x-values are common to both rows, and listed in A2:W2. I would like to use vba to determine the intersection of these y- values, and determine where on the y-axis and x-axis do the lines intersect. I would like for the intercept to show up in a message box. Could someone please assist with some vba code on this "intercept analysis" Thanks in advance. V ...

Excel VBA Gurus needed
I am an executive recruiter. I have several positions available within a large investment bank located in Manhattan, New York. These positions are with in the global derivatives section of the bank. If you have a good amount of experience with Excel VBA please do not hesitate to email me with a copy of your resume at david@careercapital.net with a copy of your resume. Thanks and i look forward to speaking to you soon! The positions are high level positions that range from 80k - 150k on a base salary. -- Career Capital --------------------------------------------------------------------...

isblank function in Excel VBA 2003 ???
It appears that most all 'is' functions are available in Excel VBA2003, that is via a 'WorksheetFunction.IsNumber' type of call. However 'isblank' is not available. Perhaps this is an oversight? My main work is to use 'istext' and 'isnumber', but it would be nice to use 'isblank'. TomC If you want an ISBLANK test that works the way the worksheet function does, just do this... If Len(Range("A1").Formula) = 0 Then MsgBox "Cell is blank like ISBLANK reports" Else MsgBox "Cell has a value or a formul...

New at this Excel VBA game and very perplexed
I am trying to export data from a Word form to a Excel spread sheet. The Word form has three data fields. I want to export the form data to a new row directly under existing rows in the spreadsheet (i.e., as each new form is created I can run the macro and export the data to the growing spreadsheet). I have this code: Sub ExportToExcel() Dim oXL As Excel.Application Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook Dim oSheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim myWB As String Dim oFF As FormField Dim i As Long myWB = "E:\My Documents\Word\Word Documents\Word Tips\Macros\Working With Access And Excel\myExportBook1.xls&quo...

Creating a Date Selector in Excel VBA?
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that allows you to define maintenanc schedules for lanscape management work. The items that are going to be in the maintenance schedule generall occur yearly (e.g. turf refurbishment) or monthly (e.g. litte collection, grass cutting). I want to be able to have a dialog box appear that allows the user t specify for the yearly items what date of the year maintenance occur (dd/mm/yyyy) or for the monthly items what date of the mont maintenance occurs (dd/mm). Does anyone have any ideas about how best to achieve this? I though about have 3 textboxes with ...

Excel VBA-Geting data from Access
My problem is that I don't know how to connect to an Access databas from Excel. I'm modifying a macro in which I have to compare som strings in Excel cells to the data in Access database with a singl table. It's not a SQL problem. I found some code in the help files, bu since I'm not a VBA programer I didn't work out anything. I'd be very thankful for any help. ps. I'm runing on Office XP Ale� Kodri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check http://www.able-consulting.com/tech.htm and http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=3Denvbadac ...

Re: Excel VBA
Hi everybody, i have a problem with Excel (maybe it's the easiest thing in the world I don't know, I'm new to Excel): Let's say I have following formula into cell A2: =SUM(A1:A1) Now, a row is inserted at A1, so the formula is now into cell A3. Th formula itself is now SUM(A2:A2), the reference has change automatically. So far, so good. But: I want the formula to add the values of ALL cells above, i.e. th formula should be SUM(A1:A2) if I insert one row. If I insert anothe row, the formula should be SUM(A1:A3) - NOT SUM(A3:A3). I think th best way to solve this is VBA... I ho...

Excel VBA-UserForm control problem
I'm a slow learner. I have been trying to get a UserForm to enter a range of dates and times via four textboxes and six buttons. Start Date End Date Start time End time plus six buttons annual,sick,etc. This is a way to keep track of time off and extra time earned at work. I want to enter the date and times with a catagory using a userform to enter the data in a multi sheet workbook. Everyone I have asked so far say its beyond their scope. Any suggestions? Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Put it all in a table on a worksheet and use Data>Form to maintain...

Excel VBA
Hi, Is there any way to freeze (prevent) a number of worksheets from recalculating when a VBA macro is running? I have a spreadsheet with about 10 worksheets, most of which are linked to each other in some way. One of my macros only needs to use the formulas (and related results) from about 7 of these, so the other 3 are updating all the time but since the results from these are not needed then they are slowing down my code. Is there some VBA function for temporarily disabling a worksheets calculation function? I would need my code to look something like this: Code: -------------------- ...

Exit Excel VBA
Hello There, Does anybody know of a VB code that as soon as you exi excel, will run and delete contents in a specific cell - so when yo next open the file the cell is empty -- spar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sparx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1678 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38818 you need to create a private macro that clears the data in a BeforeClos macro. Go to your VBA editor and select ThisWorkbook in the VBA Projec Window and then go to the left dro...

Excel VBA & Web
Hi All, I need to run Macro on the opened web site. Assume I have opened an Web ( Internet Explorer). I navigate the web. Now, If I run the Macro from Excel, It need to activate the already opened Internet Explorer. And do the different activity. Is this possible ? See website below 'vba_corner: Working with Internet Explorer Using VBA' (http://vba-corner.livejournal.com/4623.html) -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: 229 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthrea...

Excel VBA
I have a workbook that has multiple worksheets and 2 of them are letters. I would like to autofill data into the letters by using the userform. I have been able to code it using 1 worksheet. Is it possible to use same userform for the different worksheets? Thank you! Very simple, but you need to be more specific if you want some aid. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "djshides" <djshides@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51B36917-FC0E-4567-B7D7-4B37E8A365B1@microsoft.com... > I have a workbook t...

excel vba
I am wondering if it's possible to have text font return to automati (black) when someone enters their name in my password textbox an clicks OK. Here's the layout. I have a userform set up ("Password") which runs o workbook_open. When it comes up the person must enter their name i Textbox1 and click OK in order to view the page. In rows D and E, th text has been manually selected as white in order to hide the contents Is there a way to set up a code in the Password userform so that: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() If Textbox1.Text = "Mike" Then Sheet1.Range(...

date and time picker control in excel vba
I created a program in excel 2003 using the Date and Time picker control. I now have Excel 2007 and do not have the control any more. I can't find it in the addtional controls. Is there a place where I can down load the control? Date/Time Picker and MonthView Control are part of a group of ActiveX controls MSCOMCT2.OCX. You can download this from the below location http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/MSCOMCT2.CAB -- Jacob "davwork" wrote: > I created a program in excel 2003 using the Date and Time picker control. I > now have Excel 2007 and d...

DLLHUSK sample and Excel VBA
Dear Colleagues; I'm trying to develop a dll using MFC(VC 6.0) whose functions will be called from an Excel VBA(Excel 2000). Because I have limited knowledge in MFC I wanted to see if I can do that using the "testdll2" of MFC's "DLLHUSK" sample. So, in VBA I do Declare Sub InitTestDll2 Lib "C:\msdn\sample\mfc_advanced_dllhusk\Debug\testdll2" () Sub testit() Call InitTestDll2 End Sub Then I get Runtime Error '453': Cannot find the entry point. I think this has something to do with the calling convention problem, because if I create a DLL u...

Excel vba macro to read Public folder in Outlook
Can anyone PLEASE tell me why this doesn't work? It DID work when I went after my own inbox... Sub ListAllItemsInInbox() Dim OLF As Outlook.MAPIFolder, CurrUser As String Dim EmailItemCount As Integer, i As Integer, EmailCount As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Workbooks.Add ' create a new workbook ' add headings Cells(1, 1).Formula = "Subject" Cells(1, 2).Formula = "Received" Cells(1, 3).Formula = "Attachments" Cells(1, 4).Formula = "Read" With Range("A1:D1").Font .Bold = ...

Excel VBA
Hi Excel VBA advisers! I have a userform where there are two text boxes (drugdesc1 & drugdesc2) that I want to force 4 commas to be keyed into both fields. 4 commas are MANDATORY in each text box & are used to separate the type of input within each. ie; brand name, ingredients, strength, form, pack size. (FYI: Later on, I split these fields into 4 separate columns based on the comma delimiter.) When "cmdAdd" command button is clicked, I need to display a msgbox to advise user and disallow the add. I imagine that the code (repeated for each text box) that I would put in th...

Excel VBA: How to select only rows containing data?
Hi all, I'm writing a macro to automate formatting of a commonly used report. The number of rows containing data will vary on any given day. I'd like to select only the rows that contain data, set the heights for those rows to 63.75, and leave the other rows untouched. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to select only rows containing data? I'm running Excel 2000 on Windows 2000 Best regards, Russell Somers try Sub setrowht() For Each c In Selection If c <> "" Then c.RowHeight = 63.75 Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Russel...