Date in Headers and Footers

In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in
a header and footer?  The "&[Date]" command defaults to
mm/dd/yyyy.  I would like something else.
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi
AFAIK this would require VBA. Would this be a feasible way
for you?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/10/2004 3:27:12 PM
Thanks for your help, Frank, but since it take the
Virtual Basketball Association (  :)  ), I'll pass.  If
Microsoft isn't going to spend the time to make it easy,
I won't waste my time programming something they should
have done.  Thanks anyway.

0
anonymous (74717)
8/11/2004 10:47:27 PM
Walt

You can change the default setting for this by Re-setting your Regional and
Language Settings in Control Panel.

Change "short date" format to what you want.

This is a global setting so all applications will be affected.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:47:27 -0700, "Walt"

>Thanks for your help, Frank, but since it take the
>Virtual Basketball Association (  :)  ), I'll pass.  If
>Microsoft isn't going to spend the time to make it easy,
>I won't waste my time programming something they should
>have done.  Thanks anyway.

0
Gord

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

Converting Spreadsheet Header Info Into Columns
I work for an eyeglasses retailer, and I am creating a database to monitor our inventory. I want to be able to provide our many vendors with a spreadsheet which they will receive by email, and complete to tell us exactly what is being sent to our store with each order. I will then import the spreadsheet directly into our inventory database. My problem is that there will be information such as Vendor Name, P.O.#, billing terms, etc that is the same for each item in the order, and is more appropriate to include in the header of the spreadsheet instead of as seperate fields for the vendors to...

Header Problems
I am using word 2003 On the 4th page and section 2 of a 22 page document, I created a header that I want on all of the following pages. But it is also appearing on the first page that I had checked as "different first page", but does not appear on pages 2 or 3. How can I get it off of page 1? What am I doing wrong? I have never had this problem before when I have created the whole document. But I am working on someone else's document trying to straighten out their header problems. Can anyone help me??? Aurora I'm not sure I'm reading your descripti...

Place the first and last name on ever page printed in header
I have a large data base of names, address and other information that requires several pages to print out. Along with the rest of the information, I would like to print out the first and last name of each page to be place in the header like a phone book for easy access. ...

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Change Header of mail in outlook
Hello, Excuse for my very bad englis. I want to change the header of mail for grouping the mail in my outllook windows Somme mail are "Patric DES_DUB@xxx.com" another mails are "Patric DES DUB@xxx.com", another "DES DUB Patric@xxx.com" or "DES_DUB Patric@xxx.com" but it'a same personne. When Oulook group the mail by the sender, it finds four sender but it's the same. Ths is why, i want make some programm to change in a email objet the sender to have the same. Thank's ...

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

Page Header Control
Hi, I've got a report that shows 3 asset classes, Equities, Bonds and FX. They share the same page headers at the moment, what I'm trying to do now is for eg on Equities, include a column 'Beta'. It's no problem hiding/showing this field on the report detail as I control it by whether the Asset Header is Equity or not. However, for the label which is a page header, I can't control it's visibility properly because page header is before everything. If I set it's visbility to the same type of criteria in code, the first page with Equities doesn't display it bu...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

"&" in header disappears
Using the ampersand "&" in the header as part of a company name, the "&" disappears. I recognize that Excel uses the "&", like &[file] and &[page], but why won't it show and print when used in the name of a company, such as "S & S Cafeterias"? Any help is appreciated. To reply to this message, remove "mand" from my address. Thanks Use && to display a single &. fjb0623@aol.command (FJB0623) wrote: >Using the ampersand "&" in the header as part of a company name, the "&" ...

Column header text wrapping?
I have a table with some columns that have small data in them i.e. just two characters. The Column header has something like "QTY PER". If I don't want to crop the header text I have to have a column width dictated by the header. Is it possible to wrap the text like in Excel? Thanks Flint flint <flint@f2s.com> wrote in news:1181948853.492357.135820@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com: > I have a table with some columns that have small data in them > i.e. just two characters. The Column header has something like > "QTY PER". If I don't want to crop the ...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...

PivotTable question
Thanks Debra, For some reason when on that Date field button in the Pivot table & choose the Group & Show Detail > Group I get a "Cannot group that selection" pop up message. I'll give the other tips a shot, I'm sure those will work. thanks again -- -= cj = ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -= cj =-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1467 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26305 If the date column contains text, or blank cells, you'll see th...