Date functions for dates pre-1900

I am trying to use a function that will tell me the day of the week for a
date such as 6/14/1851.  It works fine when I enter a date from 1900 or
later but not for 1851 or something else in the 19C.  Is there a way of
doing  it in Excel???

Thanks

See

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Stephen Larivee" <NOlariveeslSPAM@yahoo.PLEASEcom> wrote in message
>I am trying to use a function that will tell me the day of the week for a
>date such as 6/14/1851.  It works fine when I enter a date from 1900 or
>later but not for 1851 or something else in the 19C.  Is there a way of
>doing  it in Excel???
>
> Thanks

0
nicolaus (2022)
7/20/2005 7:06:12 PM
Excellent.  Just what I was looking for.  And I like the price!!!! (Free)

Thank you very much

"Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> See
>
> http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "Stephen Larivee" <NOlariveeslSPAM@yahoo.PLEASEcom> wrote in message
>>I am trying to use a function that will tell me the day of the week for a
>>date such as 6/14/1851.  It works fine when I enter a date from 1900 or
>>later but not for 1851 or something else in the 19C.  Is there a way of
>>doing  it in Excel???
>>
>> Thanks

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

IF Function Format -- Microsoft Query
I am attempting to pull data from SQL data table into Excel for pivot table. Field_1 is a value; always positive. Field_2 is a text flag; either "C" or"D". Depending on the flag in Field_2; Field_1 is either positive or negative. What is the format of the entry in Microsoft Query so that a Field_3 can accurately be calculated? In Excel I would entry =if(Field_2="D",Field_1,-Field_1). In Access, the function would be IIF(Field_2="D",Field_1,-Field_1) Unfortunately I have no idea whether it will work with your SQL data. If that fails, you can a...

Post Dated Checks

Is there an interpolation-function in Excel to read a chart more .
Your question appears to be incomplete. It is usually best to elaborate in the body of your post. The worksheet functions FORECAST(), TREND(), and GROWTH() can be used to interpolate linear, multiple linear (including polynomial) and exponential regressions. Jerry ...

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

Start a macro inside an IF-function
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to start a recorded macro fro inside an if-function? Example: IF(A1 < A2; "start macro"; "do nothing") The stored macro is sort of a header, red background and merged cell with a text in the middle. I would like it to start when a value in th next row changes. And the header should be placed between A1 and A2. Take care, Thoma ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thomas, You can run a VBA functi...

Pre & Post stored procedures. Please explain these.
Hello, can someone explain to me what the Pre & Post stored procedures are and how to use them? Are these user modifiable? Can I add my own parameters? I guess I can't understand how I can use these parameters to make customizations to GPs built in sps unless I can update whatever I want. For example, what if I need to make a change to say ACTINDX and there is no input parameter for ACTINDX. Do I just add it? I'm confused on how to use these procedures. I'd appreciate an explanation and examples. TIA G GiJeet, I would assume you are talking about the eConnect pre and po...

if statement with dates #2

Function #5
I want to split for following text out which is contained in one cell AXSHEFFIELD 10.00 0.29 I would like to split it into 3 cells, the first having the text an the next 2 having the 2 amounts. All fields can be varied in length but have spaces between them Thank -- katmand ----------------------------------------------------------------------- katmando's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2980 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49512 Look at Data>Text To Columns with a space separator -- HT...

Counting Dates?

COUNTIF Function #2
Hi, This is URGENT. Problem: In MS Excel, Column A contains values from A to Z and Column B contains value from 1 to 5. Now, I need to count the records that have "A" has value in Column A and "3" in Column B. I had tried with COUNTIF function but it works only for one criteria, i.e. it can be used if I want to count the records with value "A" in Column A or the records with "5 in Column B. Is there any function that can be used for this purpose. Pls treat this very urgent. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www...

An expression for dates from and to

Can I retain functions from a previous cell when inserting a new r
I have an Excel spreadsheet. I need to insert a row, but have a column with SUM functions going down each row. Can I insert the row and have the SUM function automatically entered in the new row created? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Philobr" <Philobr@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B5E5E5B1-C5EA-446A-A43F-017BB67F6773@microsoft.com... > I have an Excel spreadsheet. > I need to insert a row, but have a column with SUM functions going down each > row. > Can I insert the ...

Trim function #2
How can I have displayed the figures (cells) used, when I run a Trim function. Hi not really sure what you're rying to achieve. Could you give an example? >-----Original Message----- >How can I have displayed the figures (cells) used, when I run a Trim function. >. > When you use the TRIM Worksheet Function by itself the result is displayed in the cell. =TRIM(B1) If you want to know what B1 actually contains, you could use CODE for each byte, but easier would be Chip Pearson's Cell View -- http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm For a maco to trim all cells i...

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

Enter key functions differently after different macro behavior
I posted this last week in the general forum and didn't hear anything. Since, I believe, it has something to do with the macro, i thought I might have better luck here in the programming forum. This is more of an annoyace than a true issue but i would appreciate any help. I'm running Excel 2007. I'm using a spreadsheet to keep scores for quiz matches. Across on row 6 I have the question numbers. Immediately below that is a spot for me to enter the point value. Both of these cells span two columns (i.e. column 6 and 7 for one question, 8 and 9 for the next, et...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

If function with text
I posted a question about if function earlier, but here is the a new twist. I want to use a function probably the if function to check if say from cell A2 to E1 to see if the value is less than .5 or no data or equal to o, if true than give cell F1 a value of 1, and if cell A1 has not text in it, then, give cell F1 a blank or nothing. How do I write this function? try =IF(ISTEXT(a1),"","Nottext") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Richard" <nomail1235@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:AuCdnZ02QcKFVm3enZ2dnUVZ_sSdnZ2d@comcas...