Date Formatting problem #2

I have a excel (professional xp).  I have a problem
formatting a text field into a date field.  When I format
the field nothing happens, until I double click on the
field and then it formats.  The problem is that I have
over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick
0
cubby1_98 (2)

Rick

Enter 1 in a blank cell and copy it.  Highlight the 'dates' and Edit>Paste
special...>Values+Multiply.  With them still highlighted, reformat them as
Date (Format>Cells...Number.Date). Don't worry that they all look like
numbers before formatting.  That's how Excel stores dates

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Rick Prater" <cubby1_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a excel (professional xp).  I have a problem
> formatting a text field into a date field.  When I format
> the field nothing happens, until I double click on the
> field and then it formats.  The problem is that I have
> over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

0
nick_hodge (41)
10/9/2003 6:37:32 PM
That worked!! Thanks!

all look like
>numbers before formatting.  That's how Excel stores dates
>
>--
>HTH
>Nick Hodge
>Southampton, England
>nick_hodge@btinternet.com
>

>"Rick Prater" <cubby1_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have a excel (professional xp).  I have a problem
>> formatting a text field into a date field.  When I
format
>> the field nothing happens, until I double click on the
>> field and then it formats.  The problem is that I have
>> over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field.
>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rick
>

>.

0
cubby1_98 (2)

Categorizing #2
To save for irregular budgeted and unbudgeted expenses, I transfer funds from checking into 2 accounts, a regular savings account, and an account which exists only on my computer. In Budget, both the budgeted expenses AND the 2 savings funds are categorized as expenses and therefore are counted twice. If I categorize the transfers as income, where do I show that the income came from? I'm using Money 2004. Thanks. lanecito | 2009-01-30 | 6:12:00 AM wrote: > To save for irregular budgeted and unbudgeted expenses, I transfer >funds from checking into 2 accounts, a >r...

filter by date and action

Paying Deep, Paying Wide, Paying YOU! #2
Isn't It Time YOU Got Paid Again? INCREDIBLE new system sends $20 payments DIRECT to your your chosen online account You just need one of these; StormPay, Intgold, or Paypal account to get paid AGAIN and AGAIN It NEVER STOPS! http://www.gotpaidagain.com/lc1flash.php?id=2917 You make a one-time purchase of Super Affiliate Locator and you get FULL training on how to turn that into a NEVER-ENDING stream of $20 bills! This is COMPLETELY UNIQUE! JOIN NOW! http://www.gotpaidagain.com/lc1flash.php?id=2917 ...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

problems in outlook 2000
I had to have my hard drive reformatted 2 days ago. I work in OL 2000, internet only, in win 98 SE. My emails arrive in any order, whether I ask in the bar to get them ascending or descending, I get the same ones at the top, they arrive mainly by name, but not always, they are sometimes mixed. Can you tell me what happens ? Thanks ...

911: v3.0 and v1.2 appointments
hi all, currently we are having problems when synchronzing appointments belonging to our previous v1.2 environment being upgraded to v3.0. newly created appointments, done in v3.0, do not face a problem. how can we identify these old 1.2 appointments (sql script, etc.)? thanks in advance, fritz -- Fritz Theiss The v1.2 Outlook appointments/contacts/tasks should upgraded over properly via the v3.0 Outlook Client setup. Did it just affacted the appointments? Here is a way to list out the v1.2 appointments: Outlook Calender>>view appointment list (similar to contact list), add co...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

IF Function Format -- Microsoft Query
I am attempting to pull data from SQL data table into Excel for pivot table. Field_1 is a value; always positive. Field_2 is a text flag; either "C" or"D". Depending on the flag in Field_2; Field_1 is either positive or negative. What is the format of the entry in Microsoft Query so that a Field_3 can accurately be calculated? In Excel I would entry =if(Field_2="D",Field_1,-Field_1). In Access, the function would be IIF(Field_2="D",Field_1,-Field_1) Unfortunately I have no idea whether it will work with your SQL data. If that fails, you can a...

GetShortPathName problem with XP
I have an application that was working fine on NT 4.0. When it was ported to Windows XP, a problem was traced to a call to GetShortPathName, this function does not output an error message, but does not initialize the short form buffer (lpszShortPath out variable) in the form DWORD GetShortPathName( LPCTSTR lpszLongPath, // null-terminated path string LPTSTR lpszShortPath, // short form buffer DWORD cchBuffer // size of short form buffer ); Does anybody know of any issues with this function in XP? I know that XP does not have the 8.3 format, but I thought this function wo...

SystemParametersInfo #2
I am trying to change the desktop wallpaper using my own application. When I run the following code the user settings in the control pannel are changed, but the settings are not applied to the desktop on my Windoews 2000 Serivce Pack 3 system at work. What could be that problem? Is there a way to block the apply message? What can I do the get this to work? PS: The same code work fine on a XP system that I have at home. BOOL b = SystemParametersInfo( SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER , 0, "Picture3.bmp", SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE ); b = SystemParametersInfo( SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER , ...

Problem with recent Drop Down List Code
I recently got this code from Bob and just today tested the check boxes Problem is when I try to check any box beyond the first column, it wil automatically check the box in the first column only. Here is the code. Sub SelectSheets() Dim i As Long Dim iRows As Long Dim TopPos As Long Dim LeftPos As Long Dim SheetCount As Long Dim cMaxLetters As Long Dim cLeftWidth As Long Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim CurrentSheet Dim cb As CheckBox Dim fInclude As Boolean Dim arySheets Application.ScreenUpdating = False ReDim arySheets(0) ' Check for protected workbook If ActiveWorkbook.ProtectStruc...

How to do a conditional format for multi cells
Lets say based on a value in A5 I would like to change the text format for cells d5:g5 (four columns), what would be the best procedure to do this, can it be done using conditional format if each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 or is there another way. By that do I input a conditional format for each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 (if A5> "xx" then <format>. A big Thank You for all the help. dave Yes, highlight the four cells and apply your conditional format to them all. You will need to use $A$5 as the reference. Pete Hi Pete, This did not work for me. For the "value" I have =$...

IMO Accounts problem
My wife and I share the same Outlook IMO account. By that I mean there are two accounts sharing one PST file. This works for us because we want to keep our email, schedules, etc. all in one location. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP1 with Outlook 2000 SR1. I have only two Windows profiles, mine and an admin one that is rarely used. Everyday usage takes place on my profile which is set up as the default profile. Here's the problem: The two accounts, mine and my wife's both use the same PST file and sometimes OL sends the mail with my address in the From field and sometimes it's sent...

Post Dated Checks

Header Problems
I am using word 2003 On the 4th page and section 2 of a 22 page document, I created a header that I want on all of the following pages. But it is also appearing on the first page that I had checked as "different first page", but does not appear on pages 2 or 3. How can I get it off of page 1? What am I doing wrong? I have never had this problem before when I have created the whole document. But I am working on someone else's document trying to straighten out their header problems. Can anyone help me??? Aurora I'm not sure I'm reading your descripti...

changing case #2
Hi, is there any way I can change the letter case in Excel. I know thi can be done in word by going to format and change case, but am unsur how to do it in EXcel. I simply want to change everything to capital letters. Please let me know, thank you very much for your help. Sheeta -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Sheetal There is a function =UPPER(A1) but if you want to change all the cells then use a macro See this webpages http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Or http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm Here is a Macro for changing text cells in the select...

data migration wizard problem
Hello there I try to import account into crm 3.0 by dmf and it doesnt seems to work. Here is insert I am using to populate cdf (under) as accountid i use (1,2,3 ... ) as owning user name (my domain\login) wizard runs and ..... writes that all records are not migrated from cdf... log doesnt show any errors .. please help tell me what is required because i have done all that is in mapping description. INSERT INTO cdf_mscrm..cdf_Account ( AccountID ,AccountNumber ,Name ,PrimaryContactName ,Telephone1 ,Telephone2 ,Address1_Telephone1 ,Fax ,Ad...

strange date format problem

Sharing problem
I want to share my file with another, when I select sharing from the settings page, it goes to the sharing page, but then I only see the animated arrows, and the done button, but no place to put the email address. Can anyone help with this problem? Thank you, --Tom ...

how to save fixed format text file
I have an Excel file which is 269 characters wide. I need to save this file in fixed format but experience line wrap when using the PRN file type. Anyone have an answer to my problem? You might have to use a macro to get the result you want. See if Chip Pearson's text export macro does it: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Jim Rech Excel MVP You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet): I'd either concatenate the cell values into another column: =LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",20),20) & LEFT(B1&REPT(" ",10),10) & TEXT(C1,&...

How to sort by name then date?

Multiple Accounts problem
I am using Outlook 2000 with all the MS required updates. When I add a 3rd Internet E-Mail account, it will not work if the other 2 are functioning. In other words, when I have a functioning 1. Me@what.com 2. you@what.com and I go to add a third account: 3. who@what .com It will not send/receive from this 3rd account. If I erase one of the original accounts, the new one WILL work. Plus, at the Menu, Tools, Send/receive option, only 2 will ever show up at the same time. I have completely removed and then re-installed Outlook 2000 more than once. Any suggestions? Anyone seen...