Date Displays as 1/1/1904

When changing the date using 3/14/1998 format, I get 1/1/1904 displaye
in the cell.  The task bar appears as =3/1/2004.  The date I'm tryin
to enter is 3/1/2004.

When I try to get rid of the = sign, it always returns.

Any thoughts

If the "=" sign is necessary, use this format:
use the MONTH, DAY, and YEAR functions.
For example... I use "=MONTH($AG7)&"/"&DAY($AG7)" for a formula in on
of my spreadsheets.

You're not getting the date that you want because you are basicall
telling Excel to calculate: "Three divided by one divided by tw
thousand four" in date format.  Let me know if this helps

Tools>Options>Transition.

Uncheck both the boxes at the "Sheet Options" section of the dialog.

Also uncheck "Transition Navigation Keys"

The above are for Lotus users.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:58:18 -0500, bluesband
<<bluesband.187xz4@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>When changing the date using 3/14/1998 format, I get 1/1/1904 displayed
>in the cell.  The task bar appears as =3/1/2004.  The date I'm trying
>to enter is 3/1/2004.
>
>When I try to get rid of the = sign, it always returns.
>
>Any thoughts?
>

>---

Gord

how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mm/dd/yyyy
how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131) I want them displayed as regular dates (ie 01/31/2010) If it's a column of cells... Select the column Data|text to columns (in xl2003 menus) choose fixed width, but don't have any delimiter lines Choose Date (ymd) This will convert the data to dates. Now you can format the ranyge the way you like. Datahead wrote: > > how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy > > I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131) > > I wan...

Database flag whether the attribute (field) is displayed on the form or not
Hello all! Can anyone point me to the SQL Server table and field that contains the information about whether an attribute field is displayed on a form or not. For example, if I remove the "Priority" field from the Case form, the attribute is not deleted but I presume there's some boolean field in an SQL table that is being modified by this change. I need to know where to find this information about the attribute fields. Thanks in advance, Hrvoje "Hrvoje" <hrvojev@recro-net.hr> wrote in message news:e8SrZ1gNKHA.5488@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello all...

Attaching 1.5TB as network drive
I have SBS 2003 SP1. I am trying to attach a LaCie d2 Quadra as a network attached drive. When I attach it directly to the server, the server freezes. When I try to attach it as a network drive, I get the following error: The mapped network drive could not be created because the ...... Not enough server storage is available to process this command. I have attched a 1TB MyBook NAS drive, but not a 1.5TB. Any ideas? What happens when you try to connect the drive to a different machine? Not sure what you mean by trying to attach it as a network drive - as nearly as I can tel...

Display Non Inventory description on Create Purchase Orders screen
Display the item Description for non-inventory items on the Create Purchase Orders screen. Currently, only inventory item descriptions are displayed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

Copying a cell if dates match
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which has a column containing a date, and a column containing a financial value. I then have columns headed with months - eg Sep-09, Oct-09, Nov-09 etc. I would like to display the financial value in the column for the month that the date falls into. I've tried various combinations of IF formulas but I can't get the comparison with the dates to work. Can anyone help? I think the problem is due to the fact that the date in each row is a specific date, and the column headers are displayed as months but the value is actually the first of the ...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Neues_Fenster_=F6ffnen?=
Hallo, bin VB-Anf�nger und habe ein Makro f�r Excel erstellen k�nnen, das mir ein neues Dokument �ffnet. Wie kann ich diese Datei in einem neuen Fenster/einer neuen Instanz �ffnen. (NT4 & Excel 97) Danke! Versuchen Sie es hier: microsoft.public.de.excel -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Sebastian W?rth" <sewu1@web.de> wrote in message news:70e7c4fa.0312050157.15ee8cd7@posting.google.com... > Hallo, > > bin VB-Anf�nger und habe ein Makro f�r Excel erstellen k�nnen, das mir > ein neues Dokument �ffnet. Wie kann ich diese Datei in einem n...

Requested downgrade to .Net 7.0 from 7.1 on MS site, but nothing happened
Hello, I applied for a downgrade on the mi website at http;//www.microsoft.com/permission/request/permission.asp but it has been over a week since then. Is microsoft gonna get back to me? My reference number was S1R9353. Does anyone know if I should wait some more or what I should do, or who I could call about this? Thanks, Ivan This is between you and Microsoft. You should deal with them directly about it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ivan Starr" <ivan@ivanstarr.com> wrote in message news:ex1QX0AgEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, &g...

days calculation between dates
I would like to calculate the days based on three conditions. Here is the example of my work sheet: A B C D E F 1 Start date finish date Jan Feb Mar April 2 Jan 03, 2009 Jan 27, 2009 3 Feb 24, 2009 4 Feb 25, 2009 Mar 12, 2009 I want see the days caclulated by month for any task started. If task goes to next month, days should go to next month column and I want to calculate the weekdays only. As above row 3 date in col...

2 Column Counts & Display
I have in field "Nature" set two columns to be looked into and presented in a combo box, Column 1 showing the Account ID and Column 2 the Account Title. However, when I select an entry only the first column, i.e. Account ID is displayed. I want the entry to be either showing both or the second column's relevant entry i.e. either: Account ID | Account Title or Account Title Any suggestions/guidance? -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz Hi Faraz , A combo box that is not in dropped down mode will only display the first visible column. The easiest way ...

Changing Dates #3
I have a large spreadsheet which includes a Date Column. Each row entry includes a date. I formatted the Date column to show only M/D (Format Cells, Date, m/d). Unfortunately, the year in which the row was entered is still associated with the cell. When I sort based on the date column I get all the January's together and then February. This is what I want except for when you get to page 5 or 6, the months start over because the have the default year. Can I get rid of the year without having to manually enter ' (note the apostrophe) in front of each cell entry? If not, i...

cell +1 with one button?
HI! I need to know how to add '1' to a cell using only one button. Meaning value WAS 3 and becomes 4. Is there a way to do this? It is for live stats in a sports game, s� speed is of the essense. That is why it has to be a "1-button operation." Thanks in advance! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Attach this macro to the button: Public Sub Add1() With ActiveCell If IsEmpty(.Value) Or IsNumeric(.Value) Then _...

Default date format in Excel 2008 on Snow Leopard

Displaying Charset on UI Controls
I am trying display GREEK_CHARSET on a button control in a NON-Unicode application, I am unbale to do that. I am setting 'lfCharset' of LOGFONT structure to GREEK_CHARSET and did SetFont for DialogBox and the Button control as well but doesn't diplay characters properly. It works for Edit Box, List Control but it also didn't work for List Boxes. It works if we change the default locale of the OS (here Win2K) to Greek. So it seems this lfCharset is locale dependent? I want to know if this can be achieved without making the application UNICODE enabled, without making the contro...

Formatting Text to Numbers for Dates
I'm currently working with a column of dates. Some of the dates are text and some are numbers. The dates are in the following format 21/06/210 (mm/dd/yyyy). I used =isnumber() to verify cells. Half of the coulmn resulted in false values. I'm unable to format the dates to other formats, since some are text. Is there anyway to change the column so that all dates are numbers vs. text, thus allowing me to format them to other date formats??? Tommy, I assume the date you meant was 21/06/2010 and that the format is dd/mm/yyyy. If so, use this formula to turn it into ...

Hyperlinks displayed incorrectly when composing
Hello :-) I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and send/reply to e-mails in HTML, using Word as my editor. I am having a problem whenever I compose, reply-to or forward an e-mail. Once the compose window opens up, whenever you create links in the body of the message (or if any are present already), they are not displayed in the usual way of being underlined like they would in MS Word. Instead they format as: { HYPERLINK "http://www.example.com/" } However when they are sent, they appear to the recipient in the usual way or being blue and underlined so you can click them. Is there a...

Incorrect dates for electronic payment
I'm having a problem that dates back to a service update a few months ago. I'm with Bank of America (Mass.). If I submit a payment on Sunday, and schedule it to be paid on Friday, Money shows the cash coming out of my account on Monday. In reality, Bank of America debits my account on Friday, the same day that the payee is paid. If I make a transfer between two BofA accounts, the bank processes it immediately, but Money says it is several days before the receiving account has the money. How can I get these to reflect reality? Or, how can I get Money to go back to showing...

finding 1 formula result in a group of cells
I have ten cells in a row that have a formula in each. Only one of the cells will display a result at any one time but it changes depending on the date. I need a formula that will find the cell displaying the result and display it in a single cell in another worksheet Assume the 10 cells are in A1:J1 in Sheet1 In another sheet, you could use this, normal ENTER: =INDEX(Sheet1!A1:J1,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(TRIM(Sheet1!A1:J1)<>"",),0)) Success? Savour it, click the YES button below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:25,000 Files:300 Subscribers:70 xdeme...

Fix the created date on an inventory copied from an existing item
Hello, I would like to implement a fix for the created date bug in copying a new inventory item from an existing item (Bug ID: MBS Great Plains 19149 - Copying Item copies the Create Date from the source item when it should use User Date.), at least until Microsoft fixes it. I am looking for feedback as to the best ways to fix this for now. Should I put a trigger on INSERT on the master inventory table (IV00101) to set the CREATDDT to the current datetime? That would provide the correct date stamp for both types of new items (truly new and copied from existing). Any thoughts o...

Using "Filter" to isolate particular dates
We have an Excel document with a column showing dates of annual reviews for employees. Through the Filter function is there a way to isolate annual reviews due in a particular month? Thanks for any suggestions. (I know we can sort the entire document by date, but I'd like to show only those reviews that are coming due.) Hi, this is DanMcC again I did think of one solution, which is to determine numical value of 1st and last dates of the month in question. Then, use those numerical values in my Filter equation to isolate that month. A bit convoluted, but it works.... Are you using an...

Welcome screen no longer displayed after last automatic Windows up
Hello, I have winXP Pro SP3 with one single user defined, which is an administrator, without password. Until the last automatic windows update (on 04/08/2010) the Welcome screen always appeared, but the logon happened automatically, as expected when one single user is defined without a password. Now, instead of the Welcome screen, the regular logon box appears, on a black background, and it accepts the empty password and then, after some time, displays the desktop. Both using the welcome screen and Fast user switching are enabled. I found a Microsoft hotfix http://support.mic...

Null Value
Has Excel ever fixed the problem of not being able to have a foruml result in a true "NULL" value (even though null is nothing). I went throgh this with Excel a few years ago and to make a very lon complicated story short, no one (techs, engineers, product development could solve the problem. Results like 0, "", "Null", etc. will no work for what I'm doing because it requires many tiers of calculations I'm buying the beer if anyone can help me with this on3e ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip....

Can I display a cell based on a calculation (eg M(14/2)? How?
It would be a good idea to post to only one NG as most people will look at them all. Have a look at the answers in the other NGs As you have posted to several groups it is not clear what your real requirements are Regards Trevor "rnrxtreme" <rnrxtreme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2C4F28B-B8B9-4E5B-87B5-2DC509650DF6@microsoft.com... > ...

Pictures don't display in tables
Have been inserting jpegs into word tables for years. Suddenly the picture doesn't display in normal or print mode. Instead I get an border. If I click inside of the border the drag handles appear but they are not active. It's a pain I can live with as the pictures do print however, I can't size them. What have I messed up? -- Joe Hi Joe, You might want to check if you have the option "Show picture placeholders" enabled? Its help text indicates "Display an empty box in place of each graphic in the document to improve scrolling performance....

I need date format to be set up as month/year.
I need date format to be set up as month/year ie 05/10 for may 2010. I have tried everything and cant seem to figure this one out? Format cells. On the number tab, select the custom category, and enter mm/yy in the textbox. HTH. --Bruce "Aaron" wrote: > I need date format to be set up as month/year ie 05/10 for may 2010. I have > tried everything and cant seem to figure this one out? Thats worked - Thanks for that. "bpeltzer" wrote: > Format cells. On the number tab, select the custom category, and enter mm/yy > in the textbox. > HTH. --Bruce...

CRM 3.0, and SQL2005 SP 1 database mirroring.
Has anyone tried this yet? Are there any gotchas? Can anyone from MS who browses this ng give me a definitive answer? What concerns me is whether CRM 3.0 knows about the setup or not. Thanks for any help Paul On Thu, 11 May 2006 15:26:07 +0100, Paul wrote: > Has anyone tried this yet? > > Are there any gotchas? > > Can anyone from MS who browses this ng give me a definitive answer? > > What concerns me is whether CRM 3.0 knows about the setup or not. > > Thanks for any help > Paul No-one?? ...