Date Button in Header (Excel 2000)

Is there a way to change the format of the date button in the header?  I get
12/11/04 and would like December 11, 2004.

Thanks,
Jim
0
Jim8980 (510)

I bet you're writing about File|page setup|Header/footer tab and clicking that
date button to insert the current date (you get this:  &[Date]  in the header
section.

If yes, you could type anything you want (a static date, though).  Or you could
use a macro that sets the header whenever you print/print preview.

I recorded a macro when I changed the header.  I got this code (after deleting
lots of stuff I didn't care about):

    With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
        .RightHeader = "&D"
    End With

I could change it to:

    With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
        .RightHeader = format(date,"mmmm dd, yyyy")
    End With

But if you live with what I did, you may lose stuff that you want.

So record your macro and modify it according to what you really want (along with
the date stuff).

But now you have to put that code in a special spot.

Inside the VBE (where that recorded macro is)
hit ctrl-r (to see the project explorer)
find your project and expand it using the +'s in front of each object.  (Just
like Windows explorer and folders.)

When you see ThisWorkbook, double click on it and paste your code there.

But you'll have to modify it slightly.  I used this:

Option Explicit
    With Me.Worksheets("sheet1")
        .RightHeader = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy")
    End With
End Sub

I only want the right header of worksheets Sheet1 to get that head--and I don't
want anything else to change.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Excel 2002 print problem
Excel 2002 rearanges cells and rows when iI print deos any one know why and how to fix it these are spread sheets created in other computers I am using a tablet pc ...

filter by date and action

How do I reposition a column on an excel spreadsheet
I want to move column J with data over to become column B. How to do this? Select Col J. Right click>Cut Select ColB. Right click>Insert Cut Cells -- Jacob "JonesALewis" wrote: > I want to move column J with data over to become column B. How to do this? Jacob's was is a good way of doing it. Here is another. Highlight the column. Hold down the Shift Key and Drag it to column B and Drop it. Note that when you are holding the shift key and drag you get an I Beam to indicate where you are about to drop the row. If you do not hold down the Shift key...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

ocx abd 97 to 2000 conversion
I have an Access 97 database using comdlg32.ocx which works fine. I have setup a new machine with Access 2000 on it. On opening the database in Access 2000, error message "One or more forms or reports contains an activex control that cannot be loaded - These controls will not function properly until you register them, open the forms or reports in design view and save the forms or reports". The rest of the open process proceeds without hitch. Also, if a form containing the comdlg32.ocx control is opened everything operates as normal except that if the button (which invokes ...

edit Excel template
I have an existing template that was passed down to me from the previous person working my job. My problem is that I need to modify it. How do I do this? One of the items I want to be able to do is to automatically insert blank rows, and I have no idea how to accomplish this. Any ideas? 1) Copy the .xlt file (so you retain the original as backup) 2) Rename the file extension .xls 3) Make your changes 4) Save As YourFileName.xlt How you insert your row depends what problem you need to solve. Some examples follow. This is a recorded macro that always selects row 3 and inserts a row: Su...

Converting Spreadsheet Header Info Into Columns
I work for an eyeglasses retailer, and I am creating a database to monitor our inventory. I want to be able to provide our many vendors with a spreadsheet which they will receive by email, and complete to tell us exactly what is being sent to our store with each order. I will then import the spreadsheet directly into our inventory database. My problem is that there will be information such as Vendor Name, P.O.#, billing terms, etc that is the same for each item in the order, and is more appropriate to include in the header of the spreadsheet instead of as seperate fields for the vendors to...

Header Problems
I am using word 2003 On the 4th page and section 2 of a 22 page document, I created a header that I want on all of the following pages. But it is also appearing on the first page that I had checked as "different first page", but does not appear on pages 2 or 3. How can I get it off of page 1? What am I doing wrong? I have never had this problem before when I have created the whole document. But I am working on someone else's document trying to straighten out their header problems. Can anyone help me??? Aurora I'm not sure I'm reading your descripti...

Automation Excel too slow..
I like to get some help from Excel-automation-experienced guys: I started from article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/186122/ which shows how to open, read some contents, close excel file in MFC. I copied codes from article and pasted to OnInitDialog() with slight modification. Every time I click button, it opens, reads, displays Excel file contents in poped-up dialog, then when OK button clicked, it closes Excel file and application. It seems works and I have two problems here(I am using VC++6.0, win2000, excel 2000): 1. Too slow.. about 8 seconds after button clicked, 'Server Busy'...

Help with an Excel formula
Hey, wondering if anyone can help me with a formula i need it to recognise that if the answer is negative it needs to be red. I think i need an if/then statement but do not know how?? Eg say the formula was just simply = F15-G15 then i need something to say if this anwer is negative then highlight red any help would be great thanks Create a custom format. Right click on the cell, choose Format Cells... On the Number tab, choose Custom. Try one of the formats with [Red] in it. If you like it, great. If not, you can create your own format. The rule is anythi...

Vanishing Control Toolbox Command Buttons
I have recently had my work PC upgraded from Windows NT to XP, and am now using Excel 2003 rather than 97. A spreadsheet I use each day contains a number of command buttons (from the control toolbox menu rather than forms). When I open this spreadsheet I cannot see the buttons. If I click on where the buttons are they still work, and I can still see the code behind them, but I cannot see the buttons themselves. Similarly if I try to create a new command button - or indeed any control - from the control toolbox I get the same problem. But again I am able to create buttons from the form...

strange date format problem

Is there an interpolation-function in Excel to read a chart more .
Your question appears to be incomplete. It is usually best to elaborate in the body of your post. The worksheet functions FORECAST(), TREND(), and GROWTH() can be used to interpolate linear, multiple linear (including polynomial) and exponential regressions. Jerry ...

How to sort by name then date?

Place the first and last name on ever page printed in header
I have a large data base of names, address and other information that requires several pages to print out. Along with the rest of the information, I would like to print out the first and last name of each page to be place in the header like a phone book for easy access. ...

Excel price history import...
Hello, I have Money 2004 Deluxe and an excel file with a mutual fund price history. Is there a way to import the price history straight from the excel file avoiding manual imput??? (online update doesn't work because the mutual fund I'm dealing with is not available) Thanks, Lionel Modi ...

how do i add a logo to an excel 2003 invoice template?
In Office 2000 you were able to add a logo in the left upper corner of an invoice when customizing. In Office 2003 it seems that you cannot. PLEASE HELP! Thank You I don't know what special facility Office 2000 had, but can't you just paste a bitmap onto the Excel cell? - DH ...

Outlook's button 'Attach File' does not work
I am creating simple mail using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook. I do not want to attach file in the code - I need simple mail without any attach. Mail is successfully created and opened, but after this button 'Attach File' does not work (it could be clicked, file could be selected but it is not attached). Here is simple code: Dim Outlook As New Outlook.Application Dim OutlookMessage As Outlook.MailItem OutlookMessage = Outlook.CreateItem(OlItemType.olMailItem) OutlookMessage.Display() I am using Outlook 2007. Could anyone help me with this? Where is this code ru...

Getting titlebar button's sizes
Hi All, I am working with a custom titlebar. I want to get the current size of the close button and set the value for the button which i am drawing. The problem is, if i put the left point in a CRect as pCapRect->left = rcWindow.Width()-(sizeButton.cx); and draw the close button using pDc->DrawFrameControl(pCapRect, DFC_CAPTION, DFCS_CAPTIONCLOSE); // For Close the left position (also the size) is not getting aligned with the default close button(which shows up), when i change from one skin to another. Awaiting your reply ...

if statement with dates #2

Access 2000 compatibility with Access 2002
I am currently working on databases which were developed in Access 97, converted to 2000 they are all currently in 2000. My company recently purchased a new system for me which came with XP and Office 2002, since this time my databases are not working fully. I have had problems with "program not responding" when trying to open tables. I tried opening the same table at one of the older systems and there were no problems. Has anyone else had problems similar with Databases in 2000 but using 2002?? I would hate to have to delete 2002 and go back to 2000 but I am considering thi...