Database records from excel templates

How do i get data entered into a template form such as invoice to update a
database. This used to work in previous versions of excel and is mentioned in
help but no where does it tell you how to set the form to do this.
0
BEEJAY (11)

There's information on the Microsoft site for the template wizard for
Excel 2002:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E01EA3D8-094D-4ED1-88DA-F4B8B2AD28BD&displaylang=en

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
6/19/2005 4:39:56 PM
Depending on your version, this might help also:

http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;8732­09

--
HTH,

RD

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> There's information on the Microsoft site for the template wizard for
> Excel 2002:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E01EA3D8-094D-4ED1-88DA-F4B8B2AD28BD&displaylang=en

> BeeJay wrote:
> > How do i get data entered into a template form such as invoice to update
> > database. This used to work in previous versions of excel and is
mentioned in
> > help but no where does it tell you how to set the form to do this.
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

ragdyer1 (4060)
6/19/2005 5:07:11 PM
Try again:

"Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> Depending on your version, this might help also:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;8732­09
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

-
-
> "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > There's information on the Microsoft site for the template wizard for
> > Excel 2002:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E01EA3D8-094D-4ED1-88DA-F4B8B2AD28BD&displaylang=en

> > BeeJay wrote:
> > > How do i get data entered into a template form such as invoice to
update
> > > database. This used to work in previous versions of excel and is
> mentioned in
> > > help but no where does it tell you how to set the form to do this.
> >

> > --
> > Debra Dalgleish
> > Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> > http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
6/19/2005 5:27:53 PM
Thanks for this help. Unfortunately although I have downloaded the relevant
software, it doesn't seem to install. When I double click I get the microsoft
user agreement, click yes and then not a lot else happens and I can't
subsequently find the add in on excel.
Any suggestions?

"Ragdyer" wrote:

> Try again:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873209
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "Ragdyer" <RagDyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
> > Depending on your version, this might help also:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;8732­09
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> >
> > RD

> -
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
> -
> > "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > > There's information on the Microsoft site for the template wizard for
> > > Excel 2002:
> > >

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E01EA3D8-094D-4ED1-88DA-F4B8B2AD28BD&displaylang=en

> update
> > mentioned in
> > >

> > > --
> > > Debra Dalgleish
> > > Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> > > http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
BEEJAY (11)

record counts
I am trying to do multiple record counts within a group. For example, I want to count on two of my sorts within my grouping. It appears that I cannot do that because the count function does not let me specify a parameter - for example, I want to count all my records within a group that have a specific city as a value in the city field. Newbie, Something like this: =Sum(IIf([City]="Specific City",1,0)) -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP Newbie wrote: > I am trying to do multiple record counts within a group. For example, I want > to count on two of my sorts w...

Excel sorting #5
I'm trying to sort my document that has 4 colums. Invoice #, Date, Client and Job. I want to sort by Client and keep all row information intact. When I select all and then Sort by Client, Excell does sort by Client but it is not keeping the row info intact. What am I doing wrong? Thank you. Hi have you selected ALL relevant columns before going to the menu 'Data - sort'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany pm wrote: > I'm trying to sort my document that has 4 colums. Invoice #, Date, > Client and Job. > I want to sort by Client and keep all row information...

how to validate excel spreadsheets
Hi guys I am developing a document management solution in which some data will be received as an xl spreadsheet that complies to a certain pre-defined template/format (headings,datatypes etc) that maps to database columns where the data will eventually be saved.How can I go about this also taking into account that during validation all errors must be logged and routed to the respective stakeholders Please Help ...

Excel Functions
How do I calculate the present worth of $1 utilizing an Excel function? With the correct formula, the present worth of $1, at a 10% discount rate for 5 periods (or years) would equal: yr1 .9091, yr2 .8264, yr3 .7513, yr4 ..6831, yr5 .6209. This unknown functions is different from the PV and FV functions. If I just wanted the sum of those figures, I could use the NPV function but I want to calculate the present worth of $1 each period. Thanks. Not sure what's "different from the PV" function... =PV(10%,1,0,-1) ====> 0.9091 =PV(10%,2,0,-1) ====> 0.8264 ...

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

exporting report into Excell
When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the bin location to no avail. Any suggestions? Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values Only' function. Also good for retaining leading zeroes. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Sandy" wrote: > When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as > a date rather than a number...

EXCEL
How Can I import from Staroffice -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Save the file as Excel (.xls) or something similar from Staroffice. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Harry & Heidi" <hh_luzern@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3f86e4...

Huge database
Good afternoon, i have to make a huge database wich have to get data from excel file.That is not a big problem problem is that i have to get information for about 1000 families with 1000 elements for every family and this database have to storage this information at leaset one year. This make a huge pack of elements. Can Microsoft Access get so huge pack of data ? If yes i would be glad to read some ideas. Thanks If you are talking about 1000 columns in a table, Access can't do it. 255 is the upper limit. 1,000 * 1,000 is potentially a million records. However if the data is pr...

List of records >10 days old
Hi Everyone, I am using Access 2003. I want a list of patients who are active and have been on therapy >10 days as well as a field that shows how many days they have been on therapy. I have a tblPatients and a tblTherapy with the fields I need. I created a query joining these 2 tables and only showing active patients with LastName, FirstName, AdmNum and their ThpyStDtTm. The active field is Y/N in my tblPatients. Once I get only the records >10 days old, I need another field that gives me the total days the patient has been here. Thanks, Linda On Mon, 1...

Calendar Template
Publishers NG, I would like to change the Calendar Template but in the Template tab I have nothing shown. Is it possible to change the Calendar template? I have publishers 97 & XP home. Thanks, Dave Can you describe the problem more fully? Are you saying you cannot open a wizard? Publisher 97 doesn't have a calendar tab. When you select new in the file menu you have the choice of creating a calendar, is this option missing? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dave" <dsutton@gate.net> wrote in...

barcode in excel
I need help to convert cell with 13 digits to bar-code (code128). I'm not very good in programing so I have to find alternative way (if there is one) Thx in advance. You need to download a bar code font from the web (most are available free). You can then install the font into the appropriate directory on your computer, and then in XL, simply change the font of your cell to the bar code font. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Nik" wrote: > I need help to convert cell with 13 digits to bar-code (co...

linking 2 databases in 1
Hi, I am running 2 hqs for 2 different purposes, now the company decided to use 1 hq for both purpose. How can i link the 2 databases into 1 database???? I tired to link them from SQL server enterprise manager-all task- export data from database A to B but some tables can not be exported and show me tables failure, is it possible to link them or im just trying something impossible? Advice me on that plZzzzZZzz -- Aliko ...

Creating a timer or "stop watch" in excel.
I'm trying to create a timer in an Excel spread sheet. The spread sheet is used for timed tests etc. and I was tryingn to figure out if there is a way of writing a macro to easliy start and stop time? Hi have a look at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm (at the bottom of this site) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dan G wrote: > I'm trying to create a timer in an Excel spread sheet. The spread > sheet is used for timed tests etc. and I was tryingn to figure out if > there is a way of writing a macro to easliy start and stop time? ...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

Delete records
I have a table called residency I create a query (named notdate) that uses the residency table and compares to another table. I want to take the results of the query and delete the records residency table. Do I need to create another table then create a delete query? I can not seem to get the delete query to work using the notdate query. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Post the SQL for what you are trying. Chances are that you need to use the query as a sub-query in the Where clause of the table where you want to delete records. I could look something like ...

how to start a database
hi guys, i want to start a database on excel 2000, i never had to do this before, and i know this can be done. i just dont know where to start from ! what i want to do is, it is a racing club, i want a listing of all pilot and a sheet where we can enter the number of the car(all pilot info need will be transfer) for final result of the race.(right now they enter the car no, name , city at every race at every registration, if he is register to 3 race they do the process 3 time.) like in access went we create the database and after the query, that what i want to do in excel. any tip or link...

removing horizontal error bars in excel 2007 chart
when using excel 2007, in scatter charts. I can't seem to specify only y-axis (vertical) error bars. The dialogue box states vertical error bars, but horizontal ones are also added? Any hints? Hi, Unfortunately adding both sets of error bars is how xl2007 currently works. Once you have the error bars displayed you will need to select the horizontal error bars and delete them. Cheers Andy trueblu wrote: > when using excel 2007, in scatter charts. I can't seem to specify only > y-axis (vertical) error bars. The dialogue box states vertical error bars, > but horizon...

Use query from another database
Hi In the code below is there a way that qryOrderHistory could be in a separate database. If so how would i refer to it in the code. Thanks Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qd As DAO.Querydef Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set qd = db.QueryDefs("qryOrderHistory") qd.Parameters("prmCustNo") = lngCustNo Set rs = qd.OpenRecordset() If Not rs.Eof Then .... code to populate an excel spreadsheet Change your 'Set db = CurrentDb' line to something like the following .. Set db = DbEngine.OpenDatabase("full path and name of target MDB here") -- ...

Database Queries with database views, that base on many database t
I created 2 database views. Each of them uses 256 database tables. From every database table only one column is used in the select list of the view. Every database table has one column which is used for the join. Each database table has 5 rows. The database tables have not any foreign keys and indexes. Both views works fine. When I use the database views in a query like this: SELECT v1.*, v2.* FROM v1, v2 WHERE v1.id=v2.id I should get 5 rows with 512 columns in the resultset. But I get the following error from the SQL-Server (after about 5 minutes): Msg 8621, Level 17, State 2...

How do I set up a formula in excel?
I need help to set up a formula on Excel Worksheet. Exsample: I need to Subtract cell A8 from A7; then Mutiply it by "24." But I need this formula on cell C8. Can I get some help with this problem? Just simple logic. In c8 =(a7-a8)*24 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "wiskeyjruiz" <wiskeyjruiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D878E8-9754-4203-9B58-05580DA7612F@microsoft.com... > I need help to set up a formula on Excel Worksheet. > Exsample: I need to Subtract cell A8 from A7; then Mutiply it by "24." > But I...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

Excel Charts axis min, max values
How can I set the X and Y axis minimum and maximum values by reference to variable numbers in cells. -- Excel R&D Hi, You have to use VBA code to do this. Jon Peltier has an explanation http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html And Tushar Mehta has an addin http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html Cheers Andy research wrote: > How can I set the X and Y axis minimum and maximum values by reference to > variable numbers in cells. > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Excel Never CLOSES
Hello, I have a problem with Excel 2002 SP3. Everytime I open excel and I close it later on. The window closes but not the process. So, If I open 10 times excel in a day I will have 10 process in my Windows Task Manager and I have to close them manually. Could someone please help me find the solutions ? Thanks in advance. Regards, Nader Have you tried Excel, Help, "Detect and Repair" yet? Nader wrote: > Hello, > > I have a problem with Excel 2002 SP3. Everytime I open excel and I close it > later on. The window closes but not the process. So, If I open 10 ti...

Set Database in Excel
In Microsoft article 183446 under method 2, it refers to using "Set Database" on the Data menu. I am using Excel 2002 (the article says it applies to Excel 2002), but Set Database does not appear in my Data menu. Is this an error? It's an error due, I think, to very old menu structures. The article says that the information applies to everything from version 5.0 (1995) through 2003, inclusive. But I believe that the Set Database menu item disappeared from the Data menu as of Excel 97. And one has long defined a name using the Insert menu, not the Formula menu. But my rapidl...