database list

trying to make a database that is just a list on sheet2 and on sheet1 if i
type a certain value from that database i want all of the information from a
row that has that matching value
ie

hire date    name   job          salary
12/01/05   JD        Janitor     100
12/01/05   CJ        Manager  500

if i type 12/01/05  in the hire date on sheet 1   i want all of this info to
show
if i type JD in the name on sheet 1  i want just   that row to list

0
gtsch (3)

If it's not absolutely necessary to put the data on a different sheet, maybe
Advanced Filter will work

If your data is in Columns A,B,C,D

F1: hire date
F2: (enter a date here)

H1: hire date
I1: name
J1: job
K1: salary

Select your data range
Data>Filter>Advanced Filter
Select: Copy to another location
List range: (already selected)
Criteria Range: F1:F2
Copy To: H1:K1
Click [OK]

That will create a listing of the records that match the critera date.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"gtsch" wrote:

> trying to make a database that is just a list on sheet2 and on sheet1 if i
> type a certain value from that database i want all of the information from a
> row that has that matching value
> ie
>
> hire date    name   job          salary
> 12/01/05   JD        Janitor     100
> 12/01/05   CJ        Manager  500
>
> if i type 12/01/05  in the hire date on sheet 1   i want all of this info to
> show
> if i type JD in the name on sheet 1  i want just   that row to list

what would that formula look like?
and what i want is to be able to search on any of the information and get
all of the matches and the  other info that goes along with the matches, will
this do that?

thanks
--
gtsch

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

> If it's not absolutely necessary to put the data on a different sheet, maybe
> Advanced Filter will work
>
> If your data is in Columns A,B,C,D
>
> F1: hire date
> F2: (enter a date here)
>
> H1: hire date
> I1: name
> J1: job
> K1: salary
>
> Select your data range
> Data>Filter>Advanced Filter
> Select: Copy to another location
> List range: (already selected)
> Criteria Range: F1:F2
> Copy To: H1:K1
> Click [OK]
>
> That will create a listing of the records that match the critera date.
>
> Does that help?
>
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>

> "gtsch" wrote:
>
> > trying to make a database that is just a list on sheet2 and on sheet1 if i
> > type a certain value from that database i want all of the information from a
> > row that has that matching value
> > ie
> >
> > hire date    name   job          salary
> > 12/01/05   JD        Janitor     100
> > 12/01/05   CJ        Manager  500
> >
> > if i type 12/01/05  in the hire date on sheet 1   i want all of this info to
> > show
> > if i type JD in the name on sheet 1  i want just   that row to list

0
gtsch (3)
12/14/2005 4:00:07 PM
Yes. If you include  the other column headings in the Criteria Range, you
could use multiple criteria.  For instance, you could pull records for
employees hired after 06/15/2005 who earn more than $20,000.

Actually, Debra Dalgleish has some really good Advanced Filter information
on her website:

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter02.html

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"gtsch" wrote:

> what would that formula look like?
> and what i want is to be able to search on any of the information and get
> all of the matches and the  other info that goes along with the matches, will
> this do that?
>
> thanks
> --
> gtsch
>

> "Ron Coderre" wrote:
>
> > If it's not absolutely necessary to put the data on a different sheet, maybe
> > Advanced Filter will work
> >
> > If your data is in Columns A,B,C,D
> >
> > F1: hire date
> > F2: (enter a date here)
> >
> > H1: hire date
> > I1: name
> > J1: job
> > K1: salary
> >
> > Select your data range
> > Data>Filter>Advanced Filter
> > Select: Copy to another location
> > List range: (already selected)
> > Criteria Range: F1:F2
> > Copy To: H1:K1
> > Click [OK]
> >
> > That will create a listing of the records that match the critera date.
> >
> > Does that help?
> >
> > ***********
> > Regards,
> > Ron
> >

> > "gtsch" wrote:
> >
> > > trying to make a database that is just a list on sheet2 and on sheet1 if i
> > > type a certain value from that database i want all of the information from a
> > > row that has that matching value
> > > ie
> > >
> > > hire date    name   job          salary
> > > 12/01/05   JD        Janitor     100
> > > 12/01/05   CJ        Manager  500
> > >
> > > if i type 12/01/05  in the hire date on sheet 1   i want all of this info to
> > > show
> > > if i type JD in the name on sheet 1  i want just   that row to list

Select a cell in your main database and do Data > Filter >
AutoFilter............then select an arrow at the top of a column and choose
a offering.............to reverse everything and return back to normal, just
do Data > Filter > AutoFilter again, it's a toggle..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"gtsch" wrote:

> what would that formula look like?
> and what i want is to be able to search on any of the information and get
> all of the matches and the  other info that goes along with the matches, will
> this do that?
>
> thanks
> --
> gtsch
>

> "Ron Coderre" wrote:
>
> > If it's not absolutely necessary to put the data on a different sheet, maybe
> > Advanced Filter will work
> >
> > If your data is in Columns A,B,C,D
> >
> > F1: hire date
> > F2: (enter a date here)
> >
> > H1: hire date
> > I1: name
> > J1: job
> > K1: salary
> >
> > Select your data range
> > Data>Filter>Advanced Filter
> > Select: Copy to another location
> > List range: (already selected)
> > Criteria Range: F1:F2
> > Copy To: H1:K1
> > Click [OK]
> >
> > That will create a listing of the records that match the critera date.
> >
> > Does that help?
> >
> > ***********
> > Regards,
> > Ron
> >

> > "gtsch" wrote:
> >
> > > trying to make a database that is just a list on sheet2 and on sheet1 if i
> > > type a certain value from that database i want all of the information from a
> > > row that has that matching value
> > > ie
> > >
> > > hire date    name   job          salary
> > > 12/01/05   JD        Janitor     100
> > > 12/01/05   CJ        Manager  500
> > >
> > > if i type 12/01/05  in the hire date on sheet 1   i want all of this info to
> > > show
> > > if i type JD in the name on sheet 1  i want just   that row to list

0
CLR (807)
12/14/2005 4:20:03 PM
Maybe just selecting those columns and doing Data|filter would suffice.

You could use the dropdown arrows to show the values you want to see.

gtsch wrote:

> trying to make a database that is just a list on sheet2 and on sheet1 if i
> type a certain value from that database i want all of the information from a
> row that has that matching value
> ie
>
> hire date    name   job          salary
> 12/01/05   JD        Janitor     100
> 12/01/05   CJ        Manager  500
>
> if i type 12/01/05  in the hire date on sheet 1   i want all of this info to
> show
> if i type JD in the name on sheet 1  i want just   that row to list

--

Dave Peterson
0

"gtsch" wrote:

> trying to make a database that is just a list on sheet2 and on sheet1 if i
> type a certain value from that database i want all of the information from a
> row that has that matching value
> ie
>
> hire date    name   job          salary
> 12/01/05   JD        Janitor     100
> 12/01/05   CJ        Manager  500
>
> if i type 12/01/05  in the hire date on sheet 1   i want all of this info to
> show
> if i type JD in the name on sheet 1  i want just   that row to list

0
gtsch (3)

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 how do I clear the autofill list of email addresses? I would like to reset it to have nothing in the list. Thanks, Neil Hi Neil. please search the *.NK2 file and delete it -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Neil" <nospam_neil.shefler@msmcorp.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OdWI6Z#bEHA.2840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2003 how do I clear the autofill list of email addresses? I > would like to reset it to have nothing in the list....

Compare a List
to compare a list of names or numbers... I would always seem to use two VLOOKUP formulas... i.e.. find A1 in B:B and find B1 in A:A does anyone know a better way? I use =match() =isnumber(match(a1,b:b,0)) Will return True if there's a match. David Barnhart wrote: > > to compare a list of names or numbers... I would always seem to use two > VLOOKUP formulas... > > i.e.. find A1 in B:B and find B1 in A:A > > does anyone know a better way? -- Dave Peterson ...

CRM 4.0 : How to have a pre-selected price list in quote forms
Hello, In my crm application, I have just one Price list. When I create a quote, I would like to have my Price list pre-selected and not that the user have to select it. (It is the same for th unit in product...) Do you have an idea how to do this ? Thanks for tour Help FB Hi FB, You may write Javacript to populate the PriceList field in the onLoad property of a Quote. You may refer to CRM SDK if you would like to learn more about client side scripting. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 16, 7:41=A0am, Fr=E9d=E9ric BAILLON <FrdricBAIL...@discuss...

How do I get email listed in my in-box to display in red when flag
When I flag a message in Outlook 2007 at work, that email text color changes from black to red in my in-box list the the next day. I can do the same thing in my work email in-box in Outlook 2007 at home but not in my personal in-boxes. How do I set my home Outlook2007 to change the email color when flagged - like my work email does? I can't find that setting anywhere. It makes it a lot easier to see flagged messages. Thanks ... That means they are overdue. Which flag are you using at home? Set the quick click to use Today. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Out...

List of records >10 days old
Hi Everyone, I am using Access 2003. I want a list of patients who are active and have been on therapy >10 days as well as a field that shows how many days they have been on therapy. I have a tblPatients and a tblTherapy with the fields I need. I created a query joining these 2 tables and only showing active patients with LastName, FirstName, AdmNum and their ThpyStDtTm. The active field is Y/N in my tblPatients. Once I get only the records >10 days old, I need another field that gives me the total days the patient has been here. Thanks, Linda On Mon, 1...

Huge database
Good afternoon, i have to make a huge database wich have to get data from excel file.That is not a big problem problem is that i have to get information for about 1000 families with 1000 elements for every family and this database have to storage this information at leaset one year. This make a huge pack of elements. Can Microsoft Access get so huge pack of data ? If yes i would be glad to read some ideas. Thanks If you are talking about 1000 columns in a table, Access can't do it. 255 is the upper limit. 1,000 * 1,000 is potentially a million records. However if the data is pr...

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

linking 2 databases in 1
Hi, I am running 2 hqs for 2 different purposes, now the company decided to use 1 hq for both purpose. How can i link the 2 databases into 1 database???? I tired to link them from SQL server enterprise manager-all task- export data from database A to B but some tables can not be exported and show me tables failure, is it possible to link them or im just trying something impossible? Advice me on that plZzzzZZzz -- Aliko ...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

how to start a database
hi guys, i want to start a database on excel 2000, i never had to do this before, and i know this can be done. i just dont know where to start from ! what i want to do is, it is a racing club, i want a listing of all pilot and a sheet where we can enter the number of the car(all pilot info need will be transfer) for final result of the race.(right now they enter the car no, name , city at every race at every registration, if he is register to 3 race they do the process 3 time.) like in access went we create the database and after the query, that what i want to do in excel. any tip or link...

Database Queries with database views, that base on many database t
I created 2 database views. Each of them uses 256 database tables. From every database table only one column is used in the select list of the view. Every database table has one column which is used for the join. Each database table has 5 rows. The database tables have not any foreign keys and indexes. Both views works fine. When I use the database views in a query like this: SELECT v1.*, v2.* FROM v1, v2 WHERE v1.id=v2.id I should get 5 rows with 512 columns in the resultset. But I get the following error from the SQL-Server (after about 5 minutes): Msg 8621, Level 17, State 2...

Use query from another database
Hi In the code below is there a way that qryOrderHistory could be in a separate database. If so how would i refer to it in the code. Thanks Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qd As DAO.Querydef Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set qd = db.QueryDefs("qryOrderHistory") qd.Parameters("prmCustNo") = lngCustNo Set rs = qd.OpenRecordset() If Not rs.Eof Then .... code to populate an excel spreadsheet Change your 'Set db = CurrentDb' line to something like the following .. Set db = DbEngine.OpenDatabase("full path and name of target MDB here") -- ...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

How to list the rows that match a particular query?
I have a worksheet with a lot of rows. I'd like to see all the rows in the worksheet that match a particular "query", like "column A = 'foo' || column B = 'bar'". How do I do that sort of thing? data>filter>autofilter>>>> -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "david.karr" <davidmichaelkarr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:22f3d35b-110b-4007-af74-73ad28f483f0@s29g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... >I have a worksheet with a lot of rows. I'd like to see all the rows &g...

Out-of-Office impact on Safe Senders list
Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode. Junk mail filter set to HIGH. Safe Senders set to "Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders list." Due to customer requirement, Exchange 2003 is set to respond to Internet senders with out-of-office responses. QUESTION: When Out-of-Office is enabled, will the addresses of all messages received, possibly including junk senders, be added to the Safe Senders list? Thank you, -- Owen Williams I don't think so, but it should be easy enough for you to test. The "Add = senders" feature is a client feature, but the ...

Contacts list #3
I use Outlook for an Air Force group emails. I frequently get intercepts because the email address is no longer valid. I would like to be able to arrange my contact list by emails so I can find who belongs to the invalid email address. In Outlook Express I can open my address book and click on the email column and they all rearrange by email address. I don't see how to do the same in Outlook. Anyone know how? "Panic" <smartwit@home.com> wrote in message news:%23pUjyw4CJHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook for an Air Force group emails. I frequ...

Address not showing up in specific address list in Outlook (but it does in OWA)
We have a number of custom address lists in our Exchange 2003 environment to make it easier to find contacts. I had a report of a user not showing up in an address book and I found that they were not a member of the correct group. This group membership is what feeds this address book. Now, after waiting for exchange to rebuild this address list, I still cannot see this address. However, if I browse this address list from OWA, I can see this user correctly. Now, I am familiar with Outlook cached mode and offline address lists. Neither of those situations apply because this is not an OAB an...

Set Database in Excel
In Microsoft article 183446 under method 2, it refers to using "Set Database" on the Data menu. I am using Excel 2002 (the article says it applies to Excel 2002), but Set Database does not appear in my Data menu. Is this an error? It's an error due, I think, to very old menu structures. The article says that the information applies to everything from version 5.0 (1995) through 2003, inclusive. But I believe that the Set Database menu item disappeared from the Data menu as of Excel 97. And one has long defined a name using the Insert menu, not the Formula menu. But my rapidl...

upgraded from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2005 now database's users have
Hello. I updated the MSSQL 2000 server to MSSQL 2005 server now the database's users have no login names. I found a way to list orphaned users sp_change_users_login 'Report' but it only listed dbo and there are actually five listed with MSSQL Server Management Studio Express. I tried this sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'RPS', 'RPS' but I get the following error the user name 'RPS' is absent or invalid. Any ideas? Try with Auto_Fix instead; see the example at the end of the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

Recently used file list is grayed out, why?
I just installed Excel 2003 and have one very odd problem. This is that the "Recently used file list" is grayed out, which means that I have to open files from the File Menu | Previous Files list rather than the open menu. I realize that this is a minor irritation, but I'm curious why I'm having the problem. The configuration item is here: Tools | Options | General | it is the 4th item in the left column in Settings. TIA, Bill I solved it, this turned out to be a conflict with a TweakUI setting as described here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;...

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

how to delete "Lists" tab from the left pane of project web access
I have created a document library in PWA page . In the left pane there is new document library under the Lists title with the name of EPM Support. but after 5 minutes i have deleted this one . but Lists title is still there. how can i delete this "Lists" . Kindly reply me soon. ...

database or other software?
I need help with the following situation: I want to create files or a database that will contain information about my clients, with their business information (i.e address, phone, fax, type of business, in which states they do business) to send an invitation to bid on a construction project. I want , where a database would fill out the information automatically on the bid invitation, then fax, or email the invitation to each selected clients according to their specialty. Then I will need to keep track of who answers my invitations in order to "weed out" clients who do...