data validation - select multiple options?

Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which
I can select multiple options?

(Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can
select).

Not really.

Maybe you could use a listbox.

I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet.
I called it "List Box 1".

I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control.  On the Control tab, I
chose Selection Type of Multi.  I also pointed at the range that held the values
that go in that listbox.

Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm done
with my selections).

Then I assigned this code to the button:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

    Dim myLB As ListBox
    Dim iCtr As Long
    Dim myCell As Range

    Dim myRng As Range

    With ActiveSheet
        Set myLB = .ListBoxes("list box 1")
        Set myCell = .Range("B1")
    End With

    With myLB
        ActiveSheet.Range("B1").Resize(.ListCount, 1).ClearContents

        For iCtr = 1 To .ListCount
            If .Selected(iCtr) Then
                myCell.Value = .List(iCtr)
                Set myCell = myCell.Offset(1, 0)
                '.Selected(iCtr) = False
            End If
        Next iCtr
    End With
End Sub

I commented the ".Selected(ictr) = false".  Uncomment that line if you want the
selections cleared after the range is updated.

And I put the selected items in B1:B???

--

Dave Peterson
0

As you pick from the list, the choices are eliminated from the display,
preventing duplicate selections.

HTH,

RD

"A." <A.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which
I can select multiple options?

(Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can
select).

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
1/2/2006 5:54:27 PM
In addition to Dave's suggestion, there's a sample file here that also
uses programming:

Under Data Validation, look for 'Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

horizontal data to vertical data

Multiple inbox windows w/different sort criteria
Is it possible to have two inbox windows or boxes in Outlook XP each with a different sort criteria? How do you do it? I'd like to have three boxes on the right side of my screen. The top regular inbox pane which would be sorted by date received. The bottom box is the email preview window but I'd like to create another which would also be the inbox but be sorted by flag or importance. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Brian ...

export public folder data?

storing read only data

How to organize data?

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Using GPO to disable 'resources' section under "Word Options"
How can I disable access to the 'resources' section under 'word options' in Word 2007? I am about to publish it in Citrix and need to lock it down so that users cannot launch a browser from these buttons. I have the ADMX files and am able to disable everything else. ...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...

Validation in Data/Form
Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught Data/Form which was created default by excel?? Hi have you tried 'Data - Validation'. If this does not work you have to create your own userform >-----Original Message----- >Is there any validation function for user when they input data throught >Data/Form which was created default by excel?? > > >. > Data Validation only affects entries that are typed into a cell. You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that allows combo boxes, so it could display...

Ignore option under Library Monitoring does not work
I have read the posts about this issue but I'm still having a problem with the auto-monitoring for folders to use in the Library. Like others, I want to create a new Library on another drive. I have set that folder (I:\Music for example) to be the Rip folder and have added it to the monitor list. I have set all the C:\... folders to IGNORE and clicked OK. All my old music still shows up. I can not re-rip the music to the new folder since WMP thinks it is already in the Lirary. I don't want to delete the old Library either. On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:19:01 -0700, bigsky88 &...

Notes Domino data to Exchange?
Notes Domino data to Exchange? I have a brand new Exchange 2003 server with no data, completely fresh. It is up and running fine. The client has an old Notes Domino 5.0.8 server with NSF databases all over it. We did NOT migrate anything, it is just a new Exchange server. Is there some way to get some of these NSF databases moved to this new Exchange server? (Thye are not part of the same Active Directory. I am wondering if there is a way to export these Notes mailboxes and databases to something that could get converted to a PST file or something and then get imported. Any ide...

Compare Data
Hello Everyone, I have the following problem. I have two different database on the same server, each one with a dif name of course, except they have the exact same tables and basically the same data. In some tables there are a few rows of data that are different from each other. For example, in the clients table (db1.table1.cl) the numeration started from 234 to 3734 but in the other database the clients table the numeration started from 0 to 3500. Note that they are the exact same clients and the exact amount of clients in each database clients table. The second database is a n...

Data File Not Closing Properly
This has undoubtedly been brought up before, but I can't find the thread. Why am I consistently getting a message that my data file didn't close properly and has to be rechecked when opening Outlook 2007? ...