Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Author: Dreamboat on Word
Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com
Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com
<-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*->
"Maggie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can you change the font size of the data validation list
> as it appears in the drop-down? The font is very small. I
> increased the font size in the original list, but it does
> not seem to carry through to the drop-down version.
> Thanks!

0
dreamboat (74)
4/14/2004 6:12:50 PM
Hi
this can't be done but the following site has a workaround:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Maggie wrote:
> Can you change the font size of the data validation list
> as it appears in the drop-down? The font is very small. I
> increased the font size in the original list, but it does
> not seem to carry through to the drop-down version.
> Thanks!
0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/14/2004 6:15:30 PM
MVP Debra Dalgleish has some VBA code on her site to
adjust the zoom when the data validation is activated:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

How to organize data?

sizing an Inbox
I am trying to size my employer's Inbox at his request. When the folder is size is shown, it shows 0. There are over 80 items visible in his Inbox. Is there a reason for this? Are they in sub-folders? Try right clicking on the inbox and then click Properties and then click Folder Size. It should give you a breakdown of the size of each individual inbox folder as well as the entire folder. "tyrone boyd" <tboyd@imgworld.com> wrote in message news:0d1601c3a232$fdd3b340$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to size my employer's Inbox at his request. > When the f...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

OL2003: Message List shows Message Size rather than Subject
In Outlook 2003, in one folder located in a personal folder, the message list shows the size of the message (eg. 13 KB, 4 KB, etc.) rather than the subject line. How do I change this so that the subject line is displayed rather than the message size? Only one folder within my Personal Folder displays this way. Please advise. Thanks, David David Lipetz <dlipetz@hotmail.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003, in one folder located in a personal folder, the > message list shows the size of the message (eg. 13 KB, 4 KB, etc.) > rather than the subject line. > > How do I cha...

How to check store size on Exchange 2003?
What is the best way to check the store size on Exchange 2003? Also, does the Exchange 2003 Standard Edition with the 16 GB limit for both Public and Private with 16 GB each or is it the combined (Public + Private) > 16 GB that I am worried about? We are running Exchange 2003 Standard and I want to make sure we are not close to the 16 GB store limit so that Exchange Standard does not shut down due to the store size. Thanks! -- NC Beach Bum On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 22:45:01 -0700, NC Beach Bum <NCBeachBum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the best way to check the s...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

font ordering in font menu
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I use Times new Roman alot. Unfortunately selecting it requires one to a long list to get to it in the font menuitem. Is there a way to make it always appear at the top of the list? Review the Help topic "Format your document by using styles". Then you will never have to hunt that stupid list ever again :-) Cheers On 12/04/10 12:11 PM, in article 59bb6d09.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating Sy...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Customer List Categorized
I am setting up my customer list and I need to identify which vendors each customer buys from. I currently have 8 different vendors that I have assigned a letter, i.e. A B C D E F G H. Some customers may buy from one vendor, others from a few to all. I want to eventually be able to sort this list according to the vendors that the customers buy from for specific calling lists for my sales staff. The headings on my list are CUST NAME (A1), STORE NAME (B2), ADDRESS (C3), CITY (D4), ST(E5), ZIP (F6), TEL # (G7). What's the best way to set up the heading(s) for the VENDORS for sort...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...

distribution List by Last Name
My contact lists are sorted by last name. However, two distribution lists which I have created are sorted by first name. How can I change them to last name first. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010565141033.aspx "J" wrote: > My contact lists are sorted by last name. However, two distribution lists > which I have created are sorted by first name. How can I change them to > last name first. > > > ....except it doesn't work for DL's. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...