data look up and return values across a row

I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need
to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call
'spreadsheet B'.   I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A.  Is
there an easy way of doing that?

0
Betsey (6)

Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

Parse textbox words for query values
I've created a very simple asp.net web form (via visual studio 2008) that has a text box and a submit button. I want to be able to paste a bunch of 'words' into the textbox and have the words used in a select statement. Something like SELECT name, address, status FROM StatsInfo WHERE status IN (textbox-word1, textbox-word2, textbox-word3,...) I've got something simple working where a single word can be queried, but I can't find a way to parse the contents of the textbox so the query searches for each word. Do you have or know of any examples you co...

storing read only data

How to organize data?

Returns entered from previous closed shift
When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of previous closed shift? Since these returns are not from the current shift and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing. On Sep 30, 7:04=A0am, RicoTowers <RicoTow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of > previous closed shift? =A0Since these returns are not from the current sh= ift > and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing. Not sure what you are asking. All that matters from the sh...

Printing of Returns
Is there a way to restrict the printing of returns? Any person who has access to SOP has access to the 'Return' SOP type. rcr, you can restrict access to the Return type in Advanced Security - change the view in Advanced security to Document Access. Select Sales. The different document types are listed there. Uncheck the Return type for the user(s) from whom you want to take access. When they open the Sales Transaction entry screen and select Return, they will get the message 'You don't have access to this document type'. In Invoicing, they can select Return as the t...

How to add a space after each text value in all the cells in a row
I want to add a space (or any character(s)) after each text value in all the cells in a row or in a column For example, cell A2 contains "ABC", cell B2 contains "DEF", and so on. I want to make all the cells in row 2 to have a space so cell A2 contains "ABC ", cell B2 contains "DEF ",... try going to an empty part of the sheet (say row a4) & type =a2&" " or "[any character]" then copy that across the row for your range. after calc you can copy the range & paste special (values) back into range a2 ...X2 &am...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

How do I count cells with non zero values?
I want to tally the number of cells in a column that have non zero values. The cout function seem to insist on counting zeros. THe bulk data has plus and minus values. I can separate them but I have to show a true or false or zero rahter than blank (I would prefer blank). So how can I tally the entries in each column with out counting zeros? Assuming the values are all numeric, ie no text values, try =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<>"&0) Regards, Alan. "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FDBB61F-7EAC-421B-A1F2-3AC4617A7F7A@microsoft.co...

2003 files not looking right in 2007
I opened a brochure in 2007 I just completed last week using 2003. Whew, it was a mess. Spacing wrong etc. I went to another computer and using 2003 opened it and it was fine. Why is this? I have to almost redo the whole brochure if I am going to use it in 2007. Am I missing something. Thanks Different printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C260E80A-0B9E-4965-AFFB-8DB24DF05B32@microsoft.com... >I opened a brochure in 200...

data file: how to start its application

Credits/returns
I have used Money Deluxe for some time now and one feature I wish was available would be "credits". Say I go to walmart and buy milk, soda and a hammer. I then reconcile my money account. Two weeks later I take back my hammer because it broke. How do I re-enter that credit? Does anyone know if money can track "credits/returns"? Does Quickens have this feature? -- MD "michodave" <michodave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E83568-6674-47F3-A733-794DA5692DC8@microsoft.com... >I have used Money Deluxe for some time now and one fe...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

If column contains a value
Hi, I am trying to apply some error trapping to my code now. I want to say that if a value (e.g. "Test") does not appear in Column A then carry on, otherwise if it does appear in Column A (on any row) then an error message pops up. Can this be done, and how? Thanks, Dim HowMany as long with worksheets("Somesheetnamehere") howmany = application.countif(.range("a:a"),"test") if howmany > 0 then 'it's there at least once else 'it's not there end if end with You may want: howmany = applic...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Set description field value with onLoad event for email
Hi all, I=92ve wrote a script for onLoad event of email form. This script writes down some data in Description field. And it did it. But after that Description is empty again. It looks like the system clean this field after onLoad event has occurred. I=92ve tried to use this method for other fields of form and it worked fine. I have this problem only for Description field. Is it possible to solve it? I use the folowing method: crmForm.all.description.DataValue =3D "Data..."; Thanks in advance! Hi Aline, Try using a ForceSubmit to store the data in Description. crmForm.all.descri...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...