Data Form #2

I'm using an Excel sheet as a database for WORD mail merge. I would like to
use the standard "Form" found under Data the button to update the
spreadsheet.  The problem is that when I set the worksheet to be "shared" I
lose access to the "New", "Delete", and "Restore" buttons on the form.

If I don't check that the file should be shared, then someone wanting to
update the sheet is locked out if a Mail Merge is being done in WORD.

I've looked at the "JWalk Enhanced Data Form", but the users seem to like
the default Form version if this problem could be fixed.
0
fishcents (1)

Just my 2 cents.

I doubt whether MS considers this a problem to be fixed.  I'd bet that they
consider it a feature that's unavailable with shared workbooks.  I wouldn't hold
my breath for an update to an existing version.

In excel's help for "Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks", they
mention that "Insert or delete blocks of cells" is not available.

If you use data|form to insert/delete a record, then you're not
inserting/deleting the whole row.

So it's even documented as a limitation.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Form Search
I am using Access 2003 and have built an application arround tables linked to an Oracle database. When I search the database using various forms and the item that I am looking for is found, the search works fine. However when I look for an item and the item is not found, the database shuts down and I am forced to restart Access. The search proccess works fine directly on the linked tables. Does anyone have an Idea as to what could be causing this problem. -- Ralph ...

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

Form Dirty Property
I am having difficulty in exploiting the ‘On Dirty’ property of forms. Sometimes it works as expected but, more often than not, changes to controls bound to table fields fail to trigger the On Dirty event. I am then forced to associate each amendable control with an After Update event. That invariably works but, with a dozen or more amendable controls on a form, the resulting code can look pretty clumsy. There is something that I have clearly not understood. Can anyone enlighten me? I just want to take appropriate action when any control on a form is updated or amended. -- Peter ...

Protecting certain cells #2
How can I lock only certain cells in excel. I dont want to lock the whole sheet, only the cells that have formulas in them. ...

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

Update table from form
I am trying to update a counter table from a form. Instead of updating, a new entry is being created every time and the table end up looking like the following: Salesperson Date Leads 1 4/16/2007 0 1 4/16/2007 1 1 4/16/2007 0 1 4/16/2007 1 The code I'm using is below: RepNum = DLookup("[Rep Number]", "Debt Advisors", "username...

auto recovery #2
I am using Office 2000. Excel has crashed, and when I reopen the document none of my changes were saved. Where can I find the auto save options. Ie. the autosave interval and the location where the auto save is saved too.. Thanks. Hi Autosave is not installed by default. It's an addin that has to be installed. Personally I dislike those things, I like to play around with files without risking that the original is automatically overwritten at what feels like random times. So I suggest Jan karel's "AutoSafe" instead. See AutoSafe.zip on http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/De...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Problem Refreshing Contact Form from External .NET App #2
I created a custom ASP.NET app that is launched from the CRM Contact form. It is configured (isv.config) to only be launched while editing an existing contact (not new). My custom app modifies data on the CRM Contact form. It them refreshs the data on the Contact form before the custom form closes. <script>window.opener.location.reload(1);</script> My custom app works fine if I open up an existing contact. If I create a new contact and press the save button (on the contact form) the toolbar button that lauches my app on the contact form is displayed. If I then launch my ...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Recovery storage group? #2
Hi there. I have a problem and I think there's a solution, but I don't know. Exchange 2003 SP2 We have an old offline backup from seven months ago, and a user wants some data that will be in it. How can I get the data out? Do I make a new recovery storage group first? What's the next steps? Thanks, Neal http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824126/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832436/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836452/en-us Neal wrote: > Hi there. > > I have a problem and I think there's a solution, but I don't know. Exchange > 2003 ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

2 active SharePoint_Config DB's ???
One last question for here... When looking at my SharePoint DB's, to move them to a different drive - I've found a complexing issue. It looks like I have 2 active SharePoint_Config databases --- they each are followed by a different GUID #?? We had our server crash several months ago and had to recover the DB's - so I'm thinking it might be related to that. When I check the file path in sql and look at the mdf in windows explorer, it looks like they have both currently being modified ?? This is on server 2003 - using WSS. Thanks for any advice you share conc...