Data-Exchange between Excel and Word-Documents

Hello,

I have the following problem. I need something, which
generates a Word-Document with information from the Excel-
sheet. Do you know some help?

Tini

How much information from Excel do you need?  There are
many options.

The most simple would be to copy from Excel (Ctrl+C) then
paste into Word (Ctrl+V).

Or from the Word menu, you could try Insert/File, select
All File types, browse for your Excel file, click OK then
pick the sheet you want to copy over.  Formatting is lost
when you do this though.

Another option is to drag the Excel file from Windows
Explorer into a Word document.  You don't loose the
formatting, but it may not fit nicely.  What you've done
here is embed a copy of the worksheet right into the Word
document, and you can edit it as if it were an Excel file
by double-clicking on it (Formulas, formatting, the whole
works).

0
mcurrie (76)
7/11/2003 10:24:38 AM
You misunderstood me.

What I need is the following:

Every row has one icon. Then I want to choose one of it
and click. Then a Word-Document opens and depending on the
row-number I'll be at the right position. Then there
should be added some short Information from the chosen
excel-row and four titles, which shoud be every time the
same. Under these titles the user have to put in some
text. And that's it. If the numbers change in the Excel-
sheet it have to change also in the Word-Document!

Is something like that possible, or sounds it like I'm
dreaming?

Tini

Tini -

It certainly is possible, if I understand your description.  It will
take you a little while to learn the details, but from Excel you can
open a Word document, and move to the place where you want the user to
type.  If there's no exchange of information between the applications, I
wonder if you could do it more easily from a Word document, and maybe
use a hyperlink to a bookmark in the target document.

I have a few notes and examples of the use of Excel with other Office
applications on my web site.  This page doesn't show what you want, but
it might be a good place to start.  You could also try google with the
key words Excel Word Automation, and get lots more examples.

  http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/XL_PPT.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

Tini wrote:
> You misunderstood me.
>
> What I need is the following:
>
> Every row has one icon. Then I want to choose one of it
> and click. Then a Word-Document opens and depending on the
> row-number I'll be at the right position. Then there
> should be added some short Information from the chosen
> excel-row and four titles, which shoud be every time the
> same. Under these titles the user have to put in some
> text. And that's it. If the numbers change in the Excel-
> sheet it have to change also in the Word-Document!
>
> Is something like that possible, or sounds it like I'm
> dreaming?
>
> Tini

0
jonpeltier (303)

document tracker using Excel not Access
does anyone have a document tracker using Excel; our office uses Access but I don't like it ...

horizontal data to vertical data

Excel 2007
When files are already open by another user, we have found that only users with Administrator permissions on their computers are able to open files read-only. If the user only has basic user permissions they receive a message stating the file could not be found. This was not a problem with Office 2000 (which we recently upgraded from). Any ideas? Thanks, Chris ...

ms excel 2000 password
I am using MSExcel2000. I want the user to enter the password everytime they open the excel sheet. I tried to go the option Tools----Option but there is no Security Tab. What is the other way in Excel2000 to set the password for the file? Hi you have to go to the Tools menu within the Saveas dialog ('File - Saveas') "Ash" wrote: > I am using MSExcel2000. I want the user to enter the password everytime they > open the excel sheet. I tried to go the option Tools----Option but there is > no Security Tab. What is the other way in Excel2000 to set the password for...

Two Sites in one Organisation (Exchange 2003)
I have two sites in one Organisation (both are Exchange 2003). When I create new E-mail id in one site other site notable to see it. What I have to do for. Need to create Active director connector? I tried it but its unable to connect other Exchange Serve. If do same thing in Exchange, its able to connect. Can any body help me on this? Have a good day. ADC is only used to synchronize the AD with an Exchange 5.5 directory. If you don't have 5.5, what are you connected the ADC to? You may need to get your terminology straight. In a pure Exchange 2003 environment there is no site ob...

storing read only data

export public folder data?

How to organize data?

Check Names with Exchange 2003
I have Outlook 2000 clients installed on a network with Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 servers. When Outlook is connected to an Exchange 5.5 mailbox (thus using Exchange DS) and the user enters a partial last name/first name combination separated by a comma (i.e. May, Hu when looking for Mayo, Hugh) the "Check Names" query is successful and all entries with those characters are retrieved. When Outlook is connected to an Exchange 2003 mailbox (thus using AD) and the same query is executed it fails. If a space is used instead of a comma the query is successful. Is there a way to...

Unable to open Excel file #4
Error message: File cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file was not saved as read-only and the file is on a diskette. Sounds like a bad disk. Copy the disk to the hard drive somewhere an try to open there. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26520 Vic Cop...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

why do documents on network drive show "document in use?
When I try to open a WORD or EXCEL document or attach a file in OUTLOOK that are on a network drive, I get a message that "the document is in use". However, if I save the file down to my PC harddrive, I can open or attach the document. The problem only happens with Microsoft Office products and has just started happening in the last few weeks. How do I fix this problem? Your help would be appreciated ...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

A way to detect macros? (not document macros)
We're writing an application that will be particularly vulnerable to attacks by macro programs (you know those apps that open up your app and type in text, etc..) Is there a way to detect their behaviour and perhaps block them? Thanks, Roger Short answer: No. Make sure you have good security, good AV, good anti spyware s/w and do not run with privilege. There are so many ways for such macros / spyware apps to operate that to attempt block them is an exercise in futility. The types of things that can happen include WM_SETTEXT / WM_GETTEXT (WM's in general) calls across processes, ...

Exchange 2k3
Hi, I have done a search through both this group and the AD integration group but could not find an answer. I am probably not searching for the right terms. I know that to set the primary email address for a user I go into ADUC MMC snap-in -> Users OU -> Properties for a User -> E-mail Addresses tab then select the SMTP entry and click "Set as primary". To all intents and purposes this appears to work! ie this email address is now the bolded one. Unfortunately when I then open up Outlook as that user and click on new email message and attempt to send a message it ...

my word document xxx.doc
changed to xxx.dat when sending as attachments. What could be causing this problem? Everything has been working fine for the last week or so until yesterday. Nothing has changed ...

How to check store size on Exchange 2003?
What is the best way to check the store size on Exchange 2003? Also, does the Exchange 2003 Standard Edition with the 16 GB limit for both Public and Private with 16 GB each or is it the combined (Public + Private) > 16 GB that I am worried about? We are running Exchange 2003 Standard and I want to make sure we are not close to the 16 GB store limit so that Exchange Standard does not shut down due to the store size. Thanks! -- NC Beach Bum On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 22:45:01 -0700, NC Beach Bum <NCBeachBum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the best way to check the s...

data file: how to start its application

POP3 Access Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003
Morning all, I have setup POP3 on my exhcnage server, all works fine, can telnet in to port 110 etc etc When I try to setup outlook 2003 on my account, I put all the details in and run the test it fails on the authentication, everything else works, connects to the POP3 Connects to the SMTP, sends a test email etc etc but just won't login, I have followed the below: - http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Email_Groupware/Exchange_Server/Q_21702387.html I have tried every way of typing the username, I have checked the acocunt has POP3 enabled under ADU&C exchange tasks etc e...

Excel
Hi, is it only possible to add a combo box to a user form? If i create a generic function i'd like to be accessible to me anytime (like th sum function int he toolbar but different) what would be the best wa fo doing it (ie. a button i click but a button that's always visible). A simple button can be made into a user created toolbar, but if thi function of mine has certain options and I'd like to show those option in a combo box (Well only one option :) and have a command butto beside that... (I guess that would be a combo box with a list and command button) can I put these two...