data error while opening files

when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents  as  "DATAError
[47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data.

pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem.

horizontal data to vertical data

Excel 2007
When files are already open by another user, we have found that only users with Administrator permissions on their computers are able to open files read-only. If the user only has basic user permissions they receive a message stating the file could not be found. This was not a problem with Office 2000 (which we recently upgraded from). Any ideas? Thanks, Chris ...

export public folder data?

storing read only data

Errors in application log at the begining of backups
I am getting the following error messages at the begining of our backup rotation every day since the server was stood up (error at the end of this thread). The system is an Exchange 2003 SP1 sitting on Windows 2003 (not sp1). This system only houses mailboxes (no Public folders). The backup is veritas netbackup 4.5. The backup completes successfully about 3 hours later and all log files are deleted as expected. Any thoughts? Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE BACKUP Event Category: Callback Event ID: 904 Date: 10/12/2005 Time: 11:08:47 PM User: N/A Computer: EATL0MS203 Descriptio...

file names in excel
When I try to name a file all I get saved is the first letter of the title I have entered. What is set wrong? Doesn't sound right. Show us the code that you use. -- HTH Bob Phillips "TonyB" <TonyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCC8463-39BE-40D2-84C4-44311DEE14FA@microsoft.com... > When I try to name a file all I get saved is the first letter of the title I > have entered. > > What is set wrong? WinXP? Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode...

importing an .ost file to OL2007
Hi, I was using Outlook 2003 at my previous employer on a MS Exchange server. Before I left I backed up my .ost file and .pst files. I am running Outlook 2007 at home and am trying to work out how to open the ..ost folder. It appears to only be looking for .pst files. Can anyone help please? You cannot Maybe find a third party who will convert for you "Tim123" <Tim123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D9F4666-0CA7-4C08-9FE2-5892B0CB5E11@microsoft.com... > Hi, I was using Outlook 2003 at my previous employer on a MS Exchange > server. > Before I ...

How to organize data?

OLE error opening Mac .pst on PC
We are getting the following error message when trying to open SOME folders within a .pst on a PC where the .pst originated on the Mac (Outlook 2001 for Mac): "Unable to open folder. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." The saved mail folder and subfolders all show up, and most can be opened and messages seen, but when you click on some of the folders/subfolders, you get the error message above. COuldn't find anything on the Knowledge Base about this problem. The folders and subfolders all open just f...

Unable to open Excel file #4
Error message: File cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file was not saved as read-only and the file is on a diskette. Sounds like a bad disk. Copy the disk to the hard drive somewhere an try to open there. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26520 Vic Cop...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

2003 files not looking right in 2007
I opened a brochure in 2007 I just completed last week using 2003. Whew, it was a mess. Spacing wrong etc. I went to another computer and using 2003 opened it and it was fine. Why is this? I have to almost redo the whole brochure if I am going to use it in 2007. Am I missing something. Thanks Different printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C260E80A-0B9E-4965-AFFB-8DB24DF05B32@microsoft.com... >I opened a brochure in 200...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Outlook not opening word attachments
I am having trouble trying to get into my emails through both Outlook 2003 and on msn messenger? Basically, it tells me the attachments are not available to open! even though they open on other machines when forwarded etc!! The files are normally either word .doc or .jpg's Any HELP would be appreciated Paul add yourself to the admin group to the pc >-----Original Message----- >I am having trouble trying to get into my emails through >both Outlook 2003 and on msn messenger? > >Basically, it tells me the attachments are not available >to open! even though they op...

Scanning website files on the fly
Hi folks, One of my websites got infected with a virus and was blocked by Google. I stumbled across this page and it really helped me getting the problem solved very quickly without having to reupload my website from my computer. I can't paste the whole method here because it's explained in pictures. Check out: http://www.orioncities.com/scanning-website-files-for-malware-and-viruses I hope this will help someone. Their are many well known and known to be good sites, that will help others with malware and virus infection, I wouldn't click on any link inclu...

If column contains a value
Hi, I am trying to apply some error trapping to my code now. I want to say that if a value (e.g. "Test") does not appear in Column A then carry on, otherwise if it does appear in Column A (on any row) then an error message pops up. Can this be done, and how? Thanks, Dim HowMany as long with worksheets("Somesheetnamehere") howmany = application.countif(.range("a:a"),"test") if howmany > 0 then 'it's there at least once else 'it's not there end if end with You may want: howmany = applic...

Random errors with attachments
We have three users who are getting random errors with attachments. All three are using Outlook 2002 with Windows 2000. The error occurs when adding attachments to a new e-mail as well as opening attachments that they receive. The error they get is "Can't create file: <file name>. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." We've tried everything we can think of to resolve this issue (reinstall Office, reinstall Outlook, recreate the user's profile on ...

Saving a Excel 97 file into Excel 2003 file
There is no problem in opening a Excel97 file into Excel 2003. The problem occurs when trying to perform "Save As" after that. The error message is "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications." The file is only about 2.5MB and there is no other applications running in the background except the normal firewall and antivirus programs. The interesting thing about this problem is that, it occurs on one PC and not on another? Both PC got 512MB DDR Ram and plenty of space in hard drives. The total paging s...