data base query

I have a workbook with 2 work sheets. Eacch contains data from a database
query( 2 different databases) Is it possible to create a pivot table from the
2 sheets ?
0
Klutzz (4)

horizontal data to vertical data

Parse textbox words for query values
I've created a very simple asp.net web form (via visual studio 2008) that has a text box and a submit button. I want to be able to paste a bunch of 'words' into the textbox and have the words used in a select statement. Something like SELECT name, address, status FROM StatsInfo WHERE status IN (textbox-word1, textbox-word2, textbox-word3,...) I've got something simple working where a single word can be queried, but I can't find a way to parse the contents of the textbox so the query searches for each word. Do you have or know of any examples you co...

Crosstab query (I think)
I need help on structuring a query. I have an existing query that gives me as as output the following information: Region-Id (coded number with duplicates) Month (alphanumeric field) Reading (numeric field) the existing query gives for each "region-id" the "reading" for each "month". Thus there are duplicates for "region-id" and duplicates for "month". The new query that I need: For 2 given months, and I am ready to hard-code those values in the new query, I need a query that gives as output the following columns/values: ...

export public folder data?

storing read only data

How to organize data?

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Edit Update Query
How do i get into an already created Update Query in order to edit it? Open in Design View. -- Build a little, test a little. "dburrells" wrote: > How do i get into an already created Update Query in order to edit it? ...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Using a Web Query
Hello Everybody I have been trying to retrieve information from the Web by using a Web query, and then inserting the information into an active worksheet in Excel 2000. In the "Returning External Data to Microsoft Excel" dialog box I want to use the Parameters button, which is not active, Could anybody tell me how to activate the Parameters button before using the "Get the value from the following cell" option button? Thank you in advance. Hi. It is possible to supply parameters to a webquery. You can do it programmatically as described in this KB article: http:/...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

Query- missing values- Nz function
Apologies for anyone who has just read my previous question, I have just read some infomation about Nz functions and so am re-phrasing my question to explain it better. In a query I am trying to create I have one field which is the date. For every date I have corresponding values for income 1, income 2 etc. For some dates there is no value for Income 2 for example, and so instead of just leaving a blank space, the query wizard is missing this date out completely. Is there a way I can format the fields so that if there is no value for it a '0' is displayed to ensure that the ...

Experian query failing
For the past week or so whenever I try to update my credit score in the Credit Center via the free Experian account I opened when I bought M04 Small Business it fails. I know Experian had some problems on their site about a week ago, but it seems to be up now. Anyone else having this problem or know the cause or solution? - J. I am also having that problem. >-----Original Message----- >For the past week or so whenever I try to update my >credit score in the Credit Center via the free Experian >account I opened when I bought M04 Small Business it >fails. I know Exper...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...