dashed line after print preview

Does anyone know how to clear the dashed line that appears where the page
breaks after you click Print Preview and then close Print Preview and go back
to Normal View?

Thanks.

Save the file, close it, then open it again if it's really distracting
for you.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 5, 12:41=A0am, hawaiiham2000
<hawaiiham2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to clear the dashed line that appears where the page
> breaks after you click Print Preview and then close Print Preview and go =
back
> to Normal View?
>
> Thanks.

-2
Pete_UK
3/5/2010 1:16:34 AM
go to Tools --- Options ---  Page Break   and remove check mark
--
grizz

"hawaiiham2000" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to clear the dashed line that appears where the page
> breaks after you click Print Preview and then close Print Preview and go back
> to Normal View?
>
> Thanks.
-2
In xl2003 menus:
tools|options|View tab|uncheck "page breaks"

I'm sure that xl2007 has it somewhere in the "excel options" area.

--

Dave Peterson
0

it's not dashed line but it is margin line.  while in print preview, click
on margins, and the line will disappear.

--
learn - n - enjoy
-----------------------------------

"hawaiiham2000" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to clear the dashed line that appears where the page
> breaks after you click Print Preview and then close Print Preview and go back
> to Normal View?
>
> Thanks.
-1

Messages show only my name in preview pane list
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi <br><br>I'm using Entourage with my MobileMe account and also copying my messages onto the 'On my computer' section. In this section I have some folders I have created for storing sent messages. In some of these folders, when I use the preview pane, all the messages are shown in the list with my name as the addressee (I have not even copied myself so obviously there are none that actually have me as a recipient). When I get rid of the preview pane they all have the correct name. <br...

Custom printed scrubs are often a favorite in the medical community. Unique scrubs offer the opportunity to provide a bit of personality to the task at hand, but faded and worn out scrubs should be
Custom printed scrubs are often a favorite in the medical community. Unique scrubs offer the opportunity to provide a bit of personality to the task at hand, but faded and worn out scrubs should be replaced quickly to insure a professional atmosphere at your workplace. http://www.replicab2b.net http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Wallets_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Jewelrys_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Shoes_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Jeans_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Sunglasses_1.html http://www.replicab2b.net/Replica_Clothing_1.html Frayed ...

how do you do a line of best fit for a hyperbola
how do you do a line of best fit for a hyperbola? Do a regression analysis on the logarithms of the two variables. "aimee" wrote: > how do you do a line of best fit for a hyperbola? ...

Printing a contract
Perhaps I misunderstand the intention of the contracts...but I would like to print a contract so that it can be sent to a customer with details of the agreement. The default print view is uninformative and vague. (example: billing address does not show an address rather an index card that says the name of the billing address). There is no view to customize that I can see. Any ideas? ...

Off-line zreport simulation
Hi Folks Once in a while, we do trade shows and use the off-line mode. I would like to have the ability to simulate z-report - in order to know how well I did at the show. I would be interested in knowing what other people are doing... Not sure which of the transaction tables to use... Transaction, TransactionEntry , TransactionHold, TransactionHoldEntry I did a few tsql report scripts - this is what I have so far - \ - listing of stuff sold.. SELECT [Transaction].Time, [Transaction].TransactionNumber, item.ItemLookUpCode, TransactionEntry.Price, TransactionEntry.Quantity, Ite...

FONTS print as00000000000000
Fonts aren't printing in publisher.... I tried reinstalling publisher and the printer.... and driver.... I can't figure it out.... Numbers print and some exclamation points... etc.... ...

Macro to insert blank line with formula
I need a macro that will insert an extra blank line that includes a *total* formula in the last column. Simple if u know how, im sure :) Can anyone help me out plz? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sharlene , Simple, if you explain it better. How is your data arranged? What do you want to total? What is the logic for where to insert the blank line? That said, below is one way, based on the current cell's current region. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub SharleneInsert() With ActiveCell.CurrentRegion .Cells(.Rows.Count + 1, 1).EntireRow.Insert .Cells(.Rows.Count...

background color for dashed line
Hi, I'm calling CPen::CreatePen() and passing PS_DASH (white color). My background is black BUT the line I draw (using the CPen object) is drawn on an existing WHITE line. As a result, I cannot see the new dashed line (because it doesn't draw anything between the small lines so I see only one solid line). I know that I can draw two lines- one black and one dashed white, but the question is if I can draw only one dashed line so that between the white small lines it will draw black lines? Regards, Ram. Ram, If memory serves, the color set in SetBkColor will be used by the background...

Command Line Utility to split text file by number of lines
I'm looking for an windows command line utility that can split files by number of line. Most of them are by bytes... can anyone recommend ? Thanks. You could write your own or try this: <http://www.gdgsoft.com/gsplit/> If you tell me what you want to do, I can do it for you and send you by email. Send me a sample file and tell me how many lines in each file and I will do it for you. Make sure the files are text files not binary files because lines only apply to text files. hth dingdongdingding wrote: > > I'm looking for an windows command line ...

How to insert a repeating dash in phone numbers without dashes in.
Please I've been trying to discover a way to insert a dash automatically in many phone numbers without dashes already input in a single column in Excel. The phone numbers are all unique so I can not use Find and Replace method with the asterisk wildcard. The only consistent factor is the dash would be inserted after the first 3 digits of each phone number in the column. Thanks for any help or tips! Hi in a column adjacent to your data type =SUBSTITUTE(C1," ","-") (where C1 is the first cell of your data) move the cursor over the bottom right hand corner of the ce...

Unwanted lines on page
I'm trying to print a monogram on card stock which is 7" wide and 10" long. No matter how I set the margins, my HP 4350 PhotoSmart printer always produces a page which has a short vertical line at the bottom right of the page, about 1" from the edge, and a short horizontal line at both the top and bottom of the page, about 1/2" from the edge of the paper. -- WEP I had this problem with small publications with my HP. HP advised me to use the best or maximum print quality. This worked for me. I don't see this solution with your printer however. You need to as...

no background in publisher, only in print preview
no background visible in publisher 2007 , only visible in print preview, prints the background ok but I can't see it on the actual page. Any advise? View, pictures, is *Detailed Display* enabled? Is your video/graphics driver current? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "clyde" <clyde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:141ECA9F-1062-4A36-9BA2-DF00A1A5B464@microsoft.com... > no background visible in publisher 2007 , only visible in print preview, > prints the background ok but I can't see it on the actual page. Any advise? ...

Suddenly cannot create or print envelopes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) All of a sudden, I am unable to create envelopes on Microsoft Word for Mac. I click on &quot;Tools,&quot; then on &quot;envelopes,&quot; and type in address in delivery window, but when I click &quot;OK,&quot; I get only a blank document and it will not convert or print to an envelope. This happened very suddenly. Yesterday I printed about 8 envelopes, today -- nothing. ...

printing e-mails without the addresses....
I need to know how i can print off the e-mails i want without all the addresses...i have tried several ways and none work...I use to use incredia mail before switching to this and it worked then...i would like to stay with the windows mail so please help solve this problem.... You can select all the messages you wish to print and then go to Message | Combine and decode and then you can print the result. Alternatively, you can save the message to the Desktop as an eml file and then rename it to give it an mht file extension and then the will open in IE and you can print that. ...

Line Spacing
I have an odd problem. On a few slides I change the line spacing, save the file, and when I open it the spacing is back to original spacing? It is not the spacing of the applied design template? I am using 2003 on XP SP3. I have copied the slide to another presentation and saved and it kept the line spacing. I have copied the slide to another presentation, clicked on the smart tab and selected keep original formatting, saved, and it reverted back to the original line spacing. This appears to be related to the design template? Why then would it not revert to the design templa...

Select sheets from an array for printing
I need Help!! I have a workbook with hidden sheets, I want to search the visible sheets for those with value greater than 0 in C2 then print them. Can someone show me where I am going wrong with this code? Tahnks Sub PrintSelectedSheets() 'will print sheet with a value >0 in C2 For Each Sheet In ThisArray.Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3", "Sheet5", "Sheet7", "Sheet9")) Sheet.Activate If Range("C2").Value > 0 Then ActiveSheet.PrintPreview End If Next End Sub Dim Sheet As Worksheet Dim shStyle As L...

Lines at the end of a sheet
Hello, When I hit the Ctrl-End key it brings me to the end of the sheet. understand it is because there was data there but I have deleted it. Any way to change where the ctrl-end stops? Thanks Gre -- Gbond ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gbonda's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27080 Select all the data from where the data stops to the end, if your data stops at row 450, in the name box type 451:65536 and press enter (name box is th...

Printing wide columns
Hi all I have a spreadsheet that I want to print. It's only 2 columns, but the second column is very wide. I seem only able to print the first column. However if I reduce the width of column B to 88 or less it prints both columns. is this usual? I'm running XP. Thanks Really would depend on how big the paper your printing on to is. Print Preview. Page Setup Then adjust to 1 by 1 or % of actual size to fit onto how ever many pages you want. "Richard" wrote: > Hi all > > I have a spreadsheet that I want to print. It's only 2 > columns, but the seco...

I want my grid lines back
How is it that part of my spread sheet has grid lines showing and muc of it does not? Please make it all show grid lines.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ram, Make sure that the area that doesnt have grid lines are not merged cells. - Larry - --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Or you have set a white backround Fill color for some cells -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "nrage21 >" <<nrage21.1031df@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:nrage21.1031df@excelforum-nospam.com... >...

Suppress pivot table lines
I'm creating a budget pivot table. Its' source is a worksheet in the same workbook that is linked to individual department budget workbooks. A general budget template was used for all departments and many of the accounts have a zero value in the amount column. The pivot table picks up all the accounts, including the ones with zero values. Is there any way to suppress these lines without actually deleting the linked rows? I'd like to keep the pivot table's workbook flexible and generic but it prints an excessive amount of rows with no numeric values. Thanks, TomD The f...

dashes
Is there any easy way to insert em dashes and en dashes? First, Publisher was putting them in and I didn't want them. Now I decided I do want them and can't do it just from the keyboard. I see where you can go to Insert -> symbol but that is quite cumbersome. Thanks! Publisher 2002, Win-ME -- Hugs, Erika Use alt+0150 for en dash - Use alt+0151 for em dash - -- Ron Cohen "Erika" <erikakatz@mail.com> wrote in message news:usEzyUZhEHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there any easy way to insert em dashes and en dashes? First, > Publisher was puttin...

Ability to Print from ZOOM window
Is there a way to print from the payables distribution zoom window??? You can print from the PM Trx Entry screen but it does not show you distribution so if you click distribution there is no way to print that screen. Can someone help me?? thanks barb Your best bet would be to modify the report to include the distributions. "BK" wrote: > > Is there a way to print from the payables distribution zoom window??? You > can print from the PM Trx Entry screen but it does not show you distribution > so if you click distribution there is no way to print that screen...

Labels should be easier to print #2
There are almost a dozen steps needed to print just one barcode label. This could be simplified onto one window to select the printer, label type, and quantity. It would also be nice to always have the label printer as the default for this type of printing. ...

How do I leave out blank cells in a line graph?
I have a line-graph linked to a table of data. Some cells in the data table are blank (these cells have an apostrophe in), and at the moment the line graph displays these cells as zeros. But I'd like these blank cells to be omitted in the graph, and not displayed as 0. I've tried 'Tools>Options>Chart>' but the 'Plot empty cells as Not plotted is greyed out'. Can anyone help?! Either blank, or with an apostrophe, won't be treated as empty. If the cells aren't totally empty, try replacing the contents by N/A#. Perhaps IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,NA()). --...

Pie chart with 'anchored' lines to text box
I have a pie chart with a text box (to the upper right). I take one slice and draw lines from the top and bottom of the outside ends of the slice to connect to the text box. Naturally, as the data changes, the slice changes (or the pie slightly rotates) which requires me to adjust the lines to the box. Is there a way to have these lines track with the chart? ...