cut & paste error

After several successful cut n paste actions I receive and
error msg "can not empty the clipboard".  When I access
the office clipboard underneath Edit it's empty.  What's
the cause of this error.  If I close Excel I'm able to
resume the cut n paste but eventually the error will
return.

Any ideas?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Corey,
If this is manually you can clear the clipboard at the upper right-hand
icon below the clipboard titlebar on the clipboard popup.  ]
 (View,  Toolbars,  Clipboard)

If this has something to do with macros.   You can clear the clipboard with
   Application.CutCopyMode = False

Chip Pearson has a webpage on use of Clip Board
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm

---
HTH,

"CP" <coreyperkins@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2601a01c46298$bbb88680$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> After several successful cut n paste actions I receive and
> error msg "can not empty the clipboard".  When I access
> the office clipboard underneath Edit it's empty.  What's
> the cause of this error.  If I close Excel I'm able to
> resume the cut n paste but eventually the error will
> return.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.

0
dmcritchie (2586)
7/5/2004 4:07:50 PM
Hi,

	SYMPTOMS
When you drag data from one cell to another, you receive the following
error message:

Cannot Empty the Clipboard.
CAUSE
This problem occurs if you are running GetRight Monitor version 3.2, and it
is configured to monitor the Windows clipboard.
RESOLUTION
To disable the monitoring of the Windows clipboard within the GetRight
Monitor program, follow these steps:

Right-click the GetRight icon (the letter G) on the taskbar and click
Configuration.
In the Configure GetRight dialog box, click Monitor and click to clear the
Monitor Clipboard check box. Click OK.
MORE INFORMATION
You can drag cells on the worksheet to move data from one cell to another.
However, this feature does not work if you are running GetRight Monitor and
have the Monitor Clipboard option selected. This option makes the GetRight
program a clipboard viewer. Because Excel uses the clipboard when you drag
cells, GetRight temporarily intercepts this event and Excel is unable to
process the requested action.

GetRight Monitor is manufactured by HeadLight Software, a vendor
independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Please let me know has this helped You...
Thank you...
Raghu...

raghupg (61)

Another Error 80040e19 question
I have gotten this error trying to add a replica pointing to either of my new 2003 exchange boxes from the public folders on an existing exchange 2000 box. All the knowledgebase and newsgroups post (read dozens of posts and solutions over the past 2 weeks) seem to link this with IIS (urlscan or lockdown), neither of which have I installed. Both of my exchange 2003 machines are running on Windows 2003. The root of the public folders is on a 5.5 box, with a functioning replica on a 2000 box. I have dug around in IIS6 to see if their is a security configuration that needs to be adjus...

KDC Errors for CRM server
Hello Iam getting KDC error 11 in the event log on my DC. The error is DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL duplicate etc.. etc I used ldp.exe to search for the host and these are the results : 1 Windows 2003 server has CRM server + SQL serve expansion.ceeed.umd.edu = MS CRM serve CEEE MS CRM = user account that I created to run the SQL service Here is the ldp.exe log Any help is very much appreciated thank you vikrantc ***Searching.. ldap_search_s(ld, "DC=ceeed,DC=umd,DC=edu", 2, "serviceprincipalname=host/expansion.ceeed.umd.edu", attrList, 0, &msg Result <0>: (null Matc...

Short cuts?
Is there a way to get excel in a macro to put a shortcut to the current file on to the desktop? Thanks in advance Greg Hi Greg, Here is some code Sub CreateShortCut() Dim oWSH As Object Dim oShortcut As Object Dim sPathDeskTop As String Set oWSH = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") sPathDeskTop = oWSH.SpecialFolders("Desktop") Set oShortcut = oWSH.CreateShortCut(sPathDeskTop & "\" & _ ActiveWorkbook.Name & ".lnk") With oShortcut .TargetPath = ActiveWorkbook.FullName .Save End With Set oWSH = Nothing...

BROWSE AN IMAGE from hardisk an past to excel
my .xls must be simply a foto and a button "browse". I want that i can browse a photo from hardisk and, when i selected, it appear on document. Can you help me? thx Try this Disperso MyPath = "C:\" Change this to your path Sub test() Dim FName As Variant Dim wb As Workbook Dim MyPath As String Dim SaveDriveDir As String SaveDriveDir = CurDir MyPath = "C:\" ChDrive MyPath ChDir MyPath FName = Application.GetOpenFilename(filefilter:= _ "Pictures(*.jpg;*.gif;*.bmp...

Duplicate Record Error
We are switching our CRM 1.2 to a different server and then upgrading it to 3.0 After redeploying and installing 1.2 on a different server we were successfully able to upgrade to 3.0 with only a few hiccups however the upgrade completed fully Now in CRM when I try to create a lead, contact or an account i get a Duplicate Record Error saying A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be create, Select one or more unique values and try again. We have no problem creating opportunities or any other thing, and when we try to convert a lead to an opportunity there is no...

extended stored procedures causing logical page errors?
Where do I get the latest SDKs for building extended stored procedures? I know they are frowned upon these days, but in this case I have no choice. Thanks. What version of SQL Server are you using? If it is 2005 or 2008 you should look at using CLR functions or stored procedures and all you need is dotnet. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Neil W" <neilw@netlib.com> wrote in message news:OWpTPZcfKHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Where do I get the latest SDKs for building extended stored procedures? I > know they are fro...

Word 2007 error when trying to insert an object link.
I get the following error when I try to add an object link to a visio 2007 drawing: "The program used to create this object is Package. That program is not installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program that can open the object." I'm able to add the drawing as long as I don't check the 'Link to File' option. Unfortunately, our company policy is to link to the file. The file is stored in SharePoint and I give the entire path to the file. When the file is stored locally everything works fine. This has me stumped and any...

Excell
Can anyone help - Im finding that if i Cut an entire row which has cells in it that hve Conditional Formatts and Insert that row elsewhere in a workbook that the conditional formatts get all messed up, this seems to be a glich with Excel 2000 - does any one know of any fixes - it doesnt do the same think in Excel XP. Please email me if you can help or know how i can ask microsoft direct without it costing me a fortune Jim, My guess is that the Conditional Formatting is using a formula rather than a cell value. It may be the relative/absolute cell references in the formulas. Give de...

items search error
When i click on Inventory >> Items >> i am getting "Violation of Primary key constraint" can't insert duplicate key" error. I am not trying to insert anything. It's working fine in Test company. what went wrong? thanks ...

Text being cut off
Hello - I have a portrait folded card (tent card) that I am using to make place settings. The name of the person is in a text box at the bottom of the page as normal, then at the top the text box is rotated so that the name is upside down -this way when the card is folded in half the name is rightside up on both sides. The text in the box that is upside down is being barely cut off when I print, just as if the top third is being shaved away straight across. Is this a publisher issue because the text is flipped or could it be my printer? thank you! It is the limitation of your printer...

Error when doing Insert/Object/Create from file
Pub 2002 pop up error window says: Pub cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program to complete the task. There may not be enough disk space, or there may be a problem witht he server program. I have a large Publisher 2002 document open (24x36) and want to insert a MS Word 2002 document into it and get this message. I have reloaded Office, and have 8GB of disk space free. The Word file size is 100K. I can't find anything in knowledge base or anywhere else. Anybody have an idea on how to insert the doc without re- creating it in a text box? Go to www.microsoft.com/da...

Proxy Error on a public folder in Exchange 2000
In Application Events i have tons of this errors: "Unable to create proxy folder object for the folder {name of the folder in public folders} in Active Directory" Any clue from where it may come from? Thanks in advance Fausto what's the event ID? does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309793/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Fausto" <dieffe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174982340.069361.182990@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > In Application Events i have tons of this errors: > > "Unable to create proxy folder object for the fo...

Outlook send/receive error with Dell and Earthlink
I've got exactly the same problem that "Greg" and "Dave" posted on Jan 15. My new Dell 4600 is running Outlook 2003 under XP, and seems to be properly configured for my earthlink account. "Test account settings" successfully sends a message to my account. But "send/receive" yields "An object could not be found" error message, and will not send or receive. So, what object would that be, and how do I fix this? I do not understand Frank Caraballo's suggestion to "check your gateway IP and your DNS IP." Advice here ...

rpc 1719 error
Hi all! Why did this happen? "Apricot" <yilu@21cn.com> wrote in message news:sak732tkm37t126bclp4nugs7d3ah0m1q8@4ax.com... | Hi all! | | Why did this happen? Because you didn't tell us what caused it Sorry, I think this is a generic error, and maybe it's a param feeding error in create binding call. I have tried in this code snippet: void _CRTAPI1 main(int argc, char **argv) { RPC_STATUS status; unsigned char * pszUuid = NULL; unsigned char * pszProtocolSequence = "ncacn_np"; unsigned char * pszNetworkAddress = NULL; ...

cut & paste with short cut keys (ctrl C V) with absolute cell refe
How do I cut & paste in Excel with short cut keys (ctrl C V) but maintain absolute cell references rather than it always keeping relative references Hi use a cell reference such as $A$1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Modeller Dave" <Modeller Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:285C1268-78E0-4BF9-80C6-D6D7DE97ACDD@microsoft.com... > How do I cut & paste in Excel with short cut keys (ctrl C V) but maintain > absolute cell references rather than it always keeping relative references ...

Memo field last line cut off in print preview, not in report view
I have created a report that includes a memo field. Can grow is enabled. In Report view, it is fine, shows all the memo field info. However, in print preview, it cuts off the last line. Access 2007 Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rick ...

Having divide by zero error
Hi, I have the following formula which is given the above errorl ROUND(((orders.qty / finished_parts.psets) * finished_parts.pqot_cyc) + finished_parts.setuphrs, 2) AS EstRunHrs1 I would appreciate any help for resolution of the above. Thanks. "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5A2E6F9-F718-4032-BDC9-495E83204976@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have the following formula which is given the above errorl > > ROUND(((orders.qty / finished_parts.psets) * finished_parts.pqot_cyc) + > finished_parts.setuphrs, 2) AS EstRunHr...

error 0x800CCCOE
i set up a new account using imap incoming from server and outgoing from isp. please advise ...

Outlook 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am not able to download my emails in Outlook 2003. I am getting the following error: - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' It works fine in Outlook XP. I have checked my email addresses and they are configure the same way in XP. I still have one computer in Office XP. Looking for Help in the matter. Thank you Suz ...

Read error with Free/Busy Data
I have a W2K system with Outlook 2000. When I try to schedule a meeting with someone I get the following error: 'An error occurred reading internet free/busy data.' The users name shows in the error message and when I go to the server I see the user's .vfb file. It works on other PC's. Any idea's. Thanks I would suggest checking the users free/busy information to ensure it is being published: Go to tools-options, the preferences tab and click on calendar options; then at the bottom of the window that opens click on free/busy options; now make sure there is a numb...

Cut Paste Pages
how do I cut or copy pages out of one publisher document into another document? JD wrote: > how do I cut or copy pages out of one publisher document into another > document? Open both documents, copy from one paste in the other, select whichever under Window. -- -- Geoff ExploitEd Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I do wish I could remember the darn question ...

Paste SPecial #4
I've noticed when I use Paste Special to link cells from one sheet to another, do the paste and then move the cursor to another cell, if I hit the Enter key the contents of the clipboard seem to be pasted into the sheet. Is this because of the Paste Special being a "special" operation when it completes the original copt is still active?? ...

Error Assigning Opportunity
This is the error I'm getting in the Event Viewer when trying to assign an opportunity to another user. Has anyone seen this before?? Thanks! MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: A resource required for this operation is disabled. Error Message: A resource required for this operation is disabled. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError...

Compile errors if on computer other than dev computer
What, generally, would cause an excel workbook to work just fin (perfectly) on the machine it's created on, but get compile errors o any other computer. They're all running the same version (2000). Is there any way to find out what the compile errors actually are? The other error message I get is: "could not load an object because i is not available on this machine" -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi seems you have used early binding or a reference is not correctly set. You may post the relevant part of your code which results in this error! -- Regar...