Custom Views + hidden columns does seem to work

Hi there,

I was hoping you could help with some custom views.  I've figured out how to
create custom views just fine and have created 6 of them.  What I wanted to
do next was create an identifier on the spreadsheet that would tell the user
which view is currently being used (for both viewing and printing).

I tried adding 6 rows at the top of the spreadsheet with the name of each
view in one row.  I would then hide 5 rows and keep row with the view I want
identified visable.  Then I would save the view.  This works fine if I am
only hidding and unhidding rows and columns.

However....

I am also using autofilter, to only display specific items within each
column and have noticed that once I use the filter, all of my hidden rows
identifing the view are ingored when the view is saved.

Any ideas on how I can use filters, and hide rows in the same view?   Or any
ideas on how I can make the current view the user has selected, visable for
printing and viewing?
--
RyGuy

restore from backup wants password- doesn't work
I Have a Microsoft Money backup file (.mbf)which I saved on a disc while I wiped my hard drive. After I reinstalled Microsoft Money 2003 I tried to restore from backup file, and it asked for a password. My remembered password did not work, and neither did any of my other passwords. I had accomplished this before after setting my computer back to the factory condition about 2 years ago, and I don't remember it asking for a password then; in any case I had no problems with it then. It may have been Money 2006 that created this backup file - I think I'd upgraded from 2003 at some p...

Domain Group policy does not work on W7 64 bits
Hi! I have defined logon message via domain group policy (win2008 level domain.) Now i do not need that message any more so I defined that policy as "Not defined". It workéd fine with W7 32 bits( no logon message any more) but not with W7 64 bits. What could be the problem with 64 bit version of W7 and group policy and how to solve it? I am not going to raise domain level as 2008r2 soon. Best Regards, Esa Haajanen Hello Esa, Are the 64bit machines in the same OU, which setting does it show with rsop.msc? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer:...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

columns
I have a long list of data. It is currently in 2 columns, one large in width, and the second small in width. It is over 200 rows in length (and will need to be continually added to). I am trying to print on as few pages as possible, so would like the data to automatically fill over to make additional columns on each page. I know that in "Word" there is the ability to set the columns automatically to the desired #. I can fit my current columns 3 times on the page width. Is there any way of setting this up to automatically do it for me or do I just have to cut and paste?? ...

reuse unusable urls in a column ith 1 command
Hi all, Here is another freak question from one of my students: "I receive a column with URL's where some are clickable and others aren't. (blue or black) When I get into a cell with an unclickable url and press F2 and next Enter the URL becomes clickable again. Taking me to the clicked website. When I have a column of 5 problematic URL's this is OK but when I have thousands of rows I get tired. Is there a way to in one command activate all unclickable URL's?" My idea is that we ould need a macro to go to all rows and edit and confirm. I could write the macro ...

toolbar customization

Autofilter doesn't work
When I choose an item in an autofilter dropdown, nothing happens. E.g., if I choose "non-blanks", or "top ten" I've used this feature successfully in other spread sheets. Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong? Sort works OK. ...

Hidden report filter in CRM
I created a report that involves accounts, opportunity and opportunity products. It works great in SRSS. After I import it to CRM, I clear off the default filters on accounts and opportunity entities. There is no filter visible on opportunity product. The report when run in CRM does not look right. When I did a trace, it seems that there is a filter for looking at opportunity products modified in last 30 days. However, when I edit the default filter, I dont even the opportunity product entity listed there. My question is how can I remove this filter from this report. I tried to import ...

Unable to view Settings side tab
I'm new to CRM and just loaded up a VPC to try it out. I logged into the VPC as an admin user so that I could check out the Settings area and look through the customization options. Unfortunately there was no "Bar" on the side tab for "Settings" and the menu option for getting "Settings" to display does not seem to work. Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions for tracking down the issue? Do a search on these forums - this has been covered multiple times now. "Darren Neimke" wrote: > I'm new to CRM and just loaded up a VPC to ...

sort columns, but not shading
i have a worksheet with data in column A, every row is either grey o white shading. i always want to keep the shading alterante grey/white a1: 7 (white shading) a2: 4 (grey shading) a3: 3 (white shading) a4: 5 (grey shading) a5: 1 (white shading) a6: 2 (grey shading) when i sort assending it mucks up the shading becuase it moves the dat as well as the shaded cell. is there any way of keeping the cells locked and just sort the data?? -- on-a-missio ----------------------------------------------------------------------- on-a-mission's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/...

tab character not work
Hi all, I want to insert tab space in a cell so I tried: ="Hello ," & CHAR(9) & "world", but it will still get "Hello,world" instead of "Hello,___world" (___ is the tab space). In vba, I tried using vbTab, but it is still not working. Do anyone know how to insert a tab in either cell or vba? I am using Excel 2007. Any help would be appreciated. Tab characters don't work like they do in MSWord. (You should be seeing a little square where that tab character is, though.) Maybe you can either use spaces--or create a table in MSW...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Project's published but couldn't view the impact in data analysis
Hi, I am using Project Server 2007 and MS Project 2007. I have created a new project and published it to the project server, I can see the project in the Project Center. I have created a data analysis view using "Assignement TimePhased" cube and have added project list field as the filter and task list as the row filter. The problem is that the newly created project is not available in this project list field, niether any task is available in the task list field for that project. kindly help. Regards, You have to rebuild the analysis cubes before the pro...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

In excel 2000 My work was not saved because of power failure what.
I was just working on excel 2000 and I lost my work because of the power failure I have lost so many daa and now gainnig unnecesory pains. can you plase help me ? Hi if you haven't save your data then the data is probably lost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jatin_Soni" <jatin_Soni@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:782EAEA2-958D-42D8-8BCF-5B6CF046D003@microsoft.com... > I was just working on excel 2000 and I lost my work because of the power > failure I have lost so many daa and now gainnig unnecesory pains. > can you plase ...

how do I view an archived file?
How can I view an archived file and print info from it? Does the archived file have archive in the name? It *could* have Archive in the name and then again it could have *JoAnn* in the name. I don't understand what you mean by an "archived" file? To me, all that is is a copy of the file. Period. Could you give us a little more information? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "martyman2" <martyman2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49630724-D482-4FC2-B796-49C42B81C7D7@microsoft.com... > How can I view an archived file and print in...

Help Doesn't work Office XP Pro / Standard
Running XP Office Pro on XP Pro. Help windows for all office products does not work properly. Empty, gray dialog box pops up, no hyperlinks, no text. Any advice is welcome. (except "RELOAD OS", that's not advice, that's a nightmare) Have you tried running Detect and Repair from the Help menu of any of the Office products? Make sure you have your Office CD handy when you do this. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "R T...

How do I count like items (words) in a column?
This is probably the dumbest question a person can ask about Excel but I'm running out of time and it's making me crazy. I have a column with about 20 different items (words not numbers) and some of the items are listed more than once. All I want to do is create a column that has the total number of each item in the list. For example: Item car car car bike bike bike bike bike Where the cars equal 3 and the bikes equal 5 and these numbers are listed next to the respective item. My goal is to reduce the steps since I have to do calculate about 20 items for about 30 people. Any ...

Customer Report