Custom number display as $4.0M or $4.0K

Hi ng.
using office xp pro

Is it possible to setup a custom number display to display result as
$x.xM ($4.0M for ex.) or
$x.xK ($4.0K for ex)

can i carry the same concept to powerpoint?

tia
goss

0
goss9394 (5)

You can use a custom number format  (format=>Cells=>Number select custom)

[<1000000]$###.0,K,;$###.0,,\M

Assumes you won't have a value in the trillions or negative.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

goss <goss9394@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi ng.
> using office xp pro
>
> Is it possible to setup a custom number display to display result as
> $x.xM ($4.0M for ex.) or
> $x.xK ($4.0K for ex)
>
> can i carry the same concept to powerpoint?
>
> tia
> goss

0
twogilvy (1078)

Displaying rich static text
Hi, What would be the simplest thing I could do to display static text (rich) in a dialog? Looks like a simple static control would not support this.Do I have to use a CRichEditCtrl? TIA, JY >What would be the simplest thing I could do to display static text (rich) in >a dialog? Looks like a simple static control would not support this.Do I have >to use a CRichEditCtrl? For anything more than a single font you will require either a rich edit or HTML control (the former is probably the simplest solution here). Dave As pointed out, you have to use a rich edit ...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Statements: Numbering and then being able to apply based on state
Have a client who can have 20,000 invoices for a customer in a month. The customer only gets a statement. Would like to be able to number statements and then if the customer pays the full amount be able to pay based on the statement number. Thought about using lockbox processing to try and set up a format based on the electronic data that comes back with the check as well. But need to find if anyone has a solution for the statement numbering We created a customization for a customer about 5-6 years ago that does something like this...it was pretty involved. From what I recall, ther...

Custom toolbar and macros

Item number/location code does not exist in inventory error
I'm using eConnect to do an SOP transaction and it has been working for months but with a new customer and a new site I'm getting an error. The error is: "Item number/location code does not exist in inventory". The same transactions are still working with other customers on other sites so it seems like it must be a set up issue in GP. The customer and site look like they're configured the same as the ones that work so I'm stumped. Does anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks, Matt Have you confirmed that the item number has been assigned to the new sit...

toolbar customization

Notification #4
How do I keep Outlook from putting an envelope in my lower toolbar when mail comes in? It is just a distraction. Thanks. Tools > Options > Email Options... > Advanced Email Options > Uncheck the Desktop Alert option. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "HP" <deepsouthphoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:yAjUf.111$kp3.47@fe04.lga... > How do I keep Outlook from putting an envelope in my lower toolbar when > mail > comes in? > It is just a distraction. > Thanks. > > Thanks for the reply Russ. I went through the instructions but there is n...

Customize Does not WOrk

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

extracting numbers from data
Hi, Is there a way to extract the numbers, remove them and place them in an adjacent column from the cells in the example below? The LEFT function does not do the entire trick, since the amount of numbers differs per cell and I still need to delete the number in the original cell. 1bla 1.1blabla 1.1.1blablabla 1.1.1.1blablablabla Thanks ...

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Adding + in front of a number
I have a column of numbers which represent a change in value over the previous year. I want to have a + in front of the number if it's a positive change. Let's say my first number is 500. My problem is that I can write something like, if(a1>0,"+"&a1), but when then I can't format the number. If the number is in the millions I can't provide a comma as a thousand separator and I cannot tell it how many decimal places I want to show. Is there a really easy way to do that, or do I have to write a huge formula to precisely spell out the formatting within...

HLookup and Row Index Number
Hello. I am currently using the following formula, but want to improve it: =HLOOKUP(C3,'Drivers'!$C$4:$CT$34,5) Currently it is retrieving the number in the fifth row, but I am concerned that the number will change if the reference worksheet is ever altered. Is there a way to have Excel look up a value that is in a row with a certain label (eg, "Average Size") instead of the fifth row? Thanks! You can, using the MATCH() function on the row with the labels. Look in HELP for details. But of course it would have been better if Excel could do it the way you describe, at lea...

Workflow email slow to send
When a workflow is ran and completed, the related email takes upwards of an hour to be delivered. When sending an email to a user from the contact page the email is delivered within a few minutes. Are there any known settings I should check to speed up the email process, perhaps an email polling timer somewhere? thank you in advance How is the mail being sent - are you using the email router to send mail created by workflows? Dave Ireland "tim-tw" <timtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B6052CB-7A7F-41EC-93FC-DD4458D5CD61@microsoft.com... > When a w...

connection point display
when I bring a shape (square or circle or anything that has connection points ) into my drawing, the connection points all show short black line above the points .I don't remember seeing this happening in Visio 2000. Anybody have any idea what this is and how to get rid of the lines? thanks, Bob and what version are you working at now (sounds like it is not v2000) al "bcsteamer" <bcsteamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24DAA05F-97CC-431B-8F50-B1AA4101F041@microsoft.com... > when I bring a shape (square or circle or anything that has connectio...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

memory limit on the number of sheets created
is there a limit on the number of sheets a macro can create? I notice I have a macro that creates sheets and it works up to sheet 26, after sheet 26 it crashes. I read on line that it is limited due to memory? Is that the ram on each computer ? tia, Hi There is no limit imposed by the macro itself. As you have found, the only limit to the number of sheets, is the available memory (RAM) on the system. In most cases you can go way beyond 26 before hitting memory limits. I would think it is something to do with your code. Post the code, and maybe we can help. -- Regards Roger Govier ...

Unable to Display folder "Inbox"
After making a change to the fields in Outlook 2000's Inbox, I cannot display the folder. All other folders are OK, but in Inbox, I receive the following message. " Unable to display the folder. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." I cannot delete the folder, as I would make a new folder and lose the current inbox, but "Inbox" appears to be special. Any help would be sorely appreciated. Start Outlook 1 time with the /cleanviews command line switch. * Start | Run * Type: outlook.exe /cleanviews * OK button -- Neo ...

Customer Report

MSCRM 4.0 Account automatic number
Hello, I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you have any idea to do this. Thanks a lot for your answer. FB Frédéric BAILLON wrote: > Hello, > > I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you > have any idea to do this. > > Thanks a lot for your answer. > > FB Hi Frédéric, There are many possibilities: You can make a plugin that reads and increments value in a config file, or work with a plugin that inserts and reads SQL table with identity column (auto incremental column) Ta...