Custom Formatting for Dates

Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same
cell.  Think that is what I need.  Using custom formatting:  yymmdd and
making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify).

Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ##
is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text???  Thanks
0
nastech (103)

a1     11/2/05

b1     =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd")
you will get b1           051102
====================

"nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same
> cell.  Think that is what I need.  Using custom formatting:  yymmdd and
> making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify).
>
> Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ##
> is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text???  Thanks

Hi, thanks for that.. don't know that much, But can I enter something like
that in custom formatting for date? (trying for all in same column, already
have yymmdd in custom formatting)  Thanks

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:

> a1     11/2/05
>
> b1     =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd")
> you will get b1           051102
> ====================
>
> "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same
> > cell.  Think that is what I need.  Using custom formatting:  yymmdd and
> > making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify).
> >
> > Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ##
> > is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text???  Thanks

0
nastech (103)
11/14/2005 5:43:02 AM
If it is a date, use just dd for the custom formatting rather than yymmdd.

"nastech" wrote:

> Hi, thanks for that.. don't know that much, But can I enter something like
> that in custom formatting for date? (trying for all in same column, already
> have yymmdd in custom formatting)  Thanks
>
> "R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:
>
> > a1     11/2/05
> >
> > b1     =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd")
> > you will get b1           051102
> > ====================
> >
> > "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same
> > > cell.  Think that is what I need.  Using custom formatting:  yymmdd and
> > > making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify).
> > >
> > > Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ##
> > > is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text???  Thanks

0
RalphOrth (8)
11/14/2005 6:46:02 AM
oh sure, make it easy, jk.. thanks will try that

"Ralph Orth" wrote:

> If it is a date, use just dd for the custom formatting rather than yymmdd.
>
> "nastech" wrote:
>
> > Hi, thanks for that.. don't know that much, But can I enter something like
> > that in custom formatting for date? (trying for all in same column, already
> > have yymmdd in custom formatting)  Thanks
> >
> > "R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:
> >
> > > a1     11/2/05
> > >
> > > b1     =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd")
> > > you will get b1           051102
> > > ====================
> > >
> > > "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
nastech (103)
11/14/2005 7:16:02 AM
I just noticed your other post, and changing the system date format in the
control panel will not affect the way Excel displays the date. I can't figure
out of you are working with a date or text from what you are writing, but I
think it is a date since it displays ## when you make the column narrow. In
your sheet, highlight the cells you want to display as just a day, then on
the menu bar on top, choose Format, then Cells, then Custom--in the Type box,
type dd. Then go and change your system clock back to what you would like it
to show in the lower RH corner.

"nastech" wrote:

> Hi, thanks for that.. don't know that much, But can I enter something like
> that in custom formatting for date? (trying for all in same column, already
> have yymmdd in custom formatting)  Thanks
>
> "R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:
>
> > a1     11/2/05
> >
> > b1     =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd")
> > you will get b1           051102
> > ====================
> >
> > "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same
> > > cell.  Think that is what I need.  Using custom formatting:  yymmdd and
> > > making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify).
> > >
> > > Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ##
> > > is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text???  Thanks

0
RalphOrth (8)
11/14/2005 7:19:06 AM
thanks,, system clock? don't think mentioned that, not using clock anyways,
because takes up space for task buttons, incidently/ would ask MS to put at
left under start, where empty anyways.. since you're here:  2nd problem was:
xxxxx

Trying to make a custom format for date using yymmdd

Iam looking for a formula for conditional formatting, that will change color
if date is older than 1 business day:  (exclude saturday/sunday, legal
holidays if possible)
format using is:  yy-mm-dd (closest could get to:  yymmdd)

Closest I have is:

=DATEDIF(TODAY(),$A2,"M")<6

if trying to get true for < 6months, WHAT NEED:  (if just dd) don't know how
to modify it for if older than 1day.  This is for Conditional Formatting.
Thanks

xxxxxxxxxx

"Ralph Orth" wrote:

> I just noticed your other post, and changing the system date format in the
> control panel will not affect the way Excel displays the date. I can't figure
> out of you are working with a date or text from what you are writing, but I
> think it is a date since it displays ## when you make the column narrow. In
> your sheet, highlight the cells you want to display as just a day, then on
> the menu bar on top, choose Format, then Cells, then Custom--in the Type box,
> type dd. Then go and change your system clock back to what you would like it
> to show in the lower RH corner.
>
> "nastech" wrote:
>
> > Hi, thanks for that.. don't know that much, But can I enter something like
> > that in custom formatting for date? (trying for all in same column, already
> > have yymmdd in custom formatting)  Thanks
> >
> > "R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:
> >
> > > a1     11/2/05
> > >
> > > b1     =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd")
> > > you will get b1           051102
> > > ====================
> > >
> > > "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
nastech (103)
11/14/2005 7:30:07 AM
Use a formula of

=workday(TODAY(),-1)<(TODAY()-1)

which requires the Analysis Toolpak being installed

--

HTH

RP

> thanks,, system clock? don't think mentioned that, not using clock
anyways,
> because takes up space for task buttons, incidently/ would ask MS to put
at
> left under start, where empty anyways.. since you're here:  2nd problem
was:
> xxxxx
>
> Trying to make a custom format for date using yymmdd
>
> Iam looking for a formula for conditional formatting, that will change
color
> if date is older than 1 business day:  (exclude saturday/sunday, legal
> holidays if possible)
> format using is:  yy-mm-dd (closest could get to:  yymmdd)
>
> Closest I have is:
>
> =DATEDIF(TODAY(),$A2,"M")<6
>
> if trying to get true for < 6months, WHAT NEED:  (if just dd) don't know
how
> to modify it for if older than 1day.  This is for Conditional Formatting.
> Thanks
>

> xxxxxxxxxx
>
> "Ralph Orth" wrote:
>
> > I just noticed your other post, and changing the system date format in
the
> > control panel will not affect the way Excel displays the date. I can't
figure
> > out of you are working with a date or text from what you are writing,
but I
> > think it is a date since it displays ## when you make the column narrow.
In
> > your sheet, highlight the cells you want to display as just a day, then
on
> > the menu bar on top, choose Format, then Cells, then Custom--in the Type
box,
> > type dd. Then go and change your system clock back to what you would
like it
> > to show in the lower RH corner.
> >
> > "nastech" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, thanks for that.. don't know that much, But can I enter something
like
> > > that in custom formatting for date? (trying for all in same column,
already
> > > have yymmdd in custom formatting)  Thanks

yymmdd and

Thanks

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

date track based on svc cond.
Hello, I'm looking to track material out for repair by the type of service requested. In cell (G:2) will be the type of service: BCK = bench check = this will have a projected return date (I:2)within three days of the repair order date (H:2) REP = repaired = This will have a projected return date (I:2) within 7 days of the repair order date (H:2) OVH = overhaule = this will have a projected return date (I:2) within 14 days of the repair order date. With all this I would also like to include the warranty schedule from the date of the service reurn date(J2) BCK= no warranty REP= 90...

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Using either 'Conditional Formatting or VB' to color specific Cells
All, I'm new to using macro's within Excel, please forgive my ignorance in advance! heh Does anyone know the best way to color cells within a worksheet based on data in other rows within the same worksheet? I've used Conditional Formatting but it only lets me use (3) colors. I need to use about 10 or so. Basically I have data in columns A - P, in columns AI:AJ I have data that I want to show as a specific color in rows A - P if it exists. Can someone give me an example that I can use and modify to do this task? Thanks -J I assume that you want an easy way to visually identify ce...

Conditional Format: Dates
Date is displayed in cell like this: Thursday, January 01, 2004 Currently, cells have no cell color format. How can I set formatting so cells containing 'Sunday' are a different color? Is there a formula I can use or some function that will do this for me? If the dates are text use =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Sunday",A1)) in the formula is box, if they are real dates use =WEEKDAY(A1,2)=7 format>conditional formatting and formula is -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JEM" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:emRrHL1IEHA.2688@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

efficient method of finding closest date by specify input value
can it be specify the input value to the formate with YY-YY, that means let the use to key in 09-10 from the query. and the 09-10 means the date range (01/04/2009 to 31/03/2010) <staff> peter 01/08/2009 SAM 02/03/2009 IAN 03/01/2010 ==================> key in: 09-10 then, the output will shown below: output: peter 01/08/2009 IAN 03/01/2010 In query design view, enter something like this (as one line) into the Criteria row under your date field: >= DateSerial([From 1 April what year?],4,1) And < DateSerial([From 1 April what year?]+1,4,1) ...

Preserve Pivot Format
I'm currently testing out Office 2007 for my company (we currently use 2003) and I've run into a couple of questions regarding pivot table formatting. 1. In 2003, when I told a pivot table to "preserve format," it actually worked. For example, I have a page field in which the text gets very long. I'd like to have it "taller" and with wrapped text. In 2003, I changed that field to "all", set my formatting, and refreshed the pivot - worked great, the cell stayed as formatted. In 2007, I have "Preserve cell formatting on update" checked. I rep...

Customer Report

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

Formatted numbers problem
When I open reports in excel, I often see numbers that read 1.00043E +11, apparently indicating that there is a number format problem. When I change the cell format (to text or number), I am usually able to see the full value in the cell. However, I must first physically enter each cell (i.e., selecting the cell, and then double clicking, and then pressing enter) in order to accomplish this effect of seeing the full value. Is there a way to get around this? Thanks for any suggestions. How about using Number in the format|cells|Number tab|number category Show the 1000's separator and ...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

Custom colors
I hope someone can help me out on this one please! I mixed a few new colors using RGB that I want applied to certain cells on a spreadsheet that will be shared among many users. The problem is, I noticed that setting RGB only changes the color pallette and if the user resets or changes their color pallette, then my colors are all reset on the spreadsheet (and they look bad!). Apparently its all linked by the color index? i.e. If the user changes their color index, that change updates the spreadsheet color. Is there is foolproof (or at least better) way of applying custom shading t...