Custom Formats #2

I'm formatting cells with the following format
0##"-"##"-"#"-"##"-"##"-"###"."##

I need to be able to add an additional letter(not number)
to the end and I can't figure out how to retain my format
once the text is added.
0
sperez (1)

Try this:
0##"-"##"-"#"-"##"-"##"-"###"."## "A"
If you simply want the dashes between the numbers, you may omit the quotes
around them.

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"Sabrina" <sperez@sedgwick.gov> wrote in message
> I'm formatting cells with the following format
> 0##"-"##"-"#"-"##"-"##"-"###"."##
>
> I need to be able to add an additional letter(not number)
> to the end and I can't figure out how to retain my format
> once the text is added.

0
twodays (259)
10/1/2003 8:49:48 PM
"Sabrina" <sperez@sedgwick.gov> wrote in message
> I'm formatting cells with the following format
> 0##"-"##"-"#"-"##"-"##"-"###"."##
>
> I need to be able to add an additional letter(not number)
> to the end and I can't figure out how to retain my format
> once the text is added.

If you mean that you want to be able to type in a letter of your choice at
the end of the number, this cannot be done. Only numbers can be
custom-formatted, and anything containing a letter is text, not a number.

0
Paul

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

CStatic #2
How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? Assign an ID to your static control, other than the default IDC_STATIC id. Say IDC_MYPICTURE. Now associated a member variable of type CStatic control, to this ID using the class wizard. Say m_MyPicture. Finally call m_MyPicture.MoveWindow(..) in order to resize the control. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:%23OX6eDDtDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? > ...

toolbar customization

RUS problem #2
Hi, I've got a problem with creating multiple distribution lists at once. I create the lists using "Users and Computers" and start mailenabling them using the exchange assistant. After mailenabling I start RUS to provide eMail addresses to them. Further on I start the OAL generator to publish them to the organization. Everything works without any failure. When I open the new created distr. lists using the address book of Outlook and open the properties of the lists I was wondering. Although all settings in AD are correct all distribution lists have got the same conent in ...

Customize Does not WOrk

missing files #2
Suddenly I loose tyhe complete content of one of my created local folders of outlook express 5. Has anybody had the same aexperience and what ccan be done about it, how can the lost files be retrieved? Thanks for a solution. Eric ...

Sort a Range #2
Sorry Everyone, I know this one has been on here a dozen times, but I cant find any relating posts. Say I have 2 columns and 4 rows of data such as: A B 1 2800 $2000 2 2700 $1952 3 2940 $1700 4 2852 $2100 I want the next 3 rows to sort this from smallest to largest according to value in column A. I have a fixed # of data points (3 in this example) and would like to use formulas rather than the sort command so that I can have a x-y scatter plot of the sorted data that updates automatically when ever new data...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Conditional Format: Dates
Date is displayed in cell like this: Thursday, January 01, 2004 Currently, cells have no cell color format. How can I set formatting so cells containing 'Sunday' are a different color? Is there a formula I can use or some function that will do this for me? If the dates are text use =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Sunday",A1)) in the formula is box, if they are real dates use =WEEKDAY(A1,2)=7 format>conditional formatting and formula is -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JEM" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:emRrHL1IEHA.2688@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

Using either 'Conditional Formatting or VB' to color specific Cells
All, I'm new to using macro's within Excel, please forgive my ignorance in advance! heh Does anyone know the best way to color cells within a worksheet based on data in other rows within the same worksheet? I've used Conditional Formatting but it only lets me use (3) colors. I need to use about 10 or so. Basically I have data in columns A - P, in columns AI:AJ I have data that I want to show as a specific color in rows A - P if it exists. Can someone give me an example that I can use and modify to do this task? Thanks -J I assume that you want an easy way to visually identify ce...

MS Money Small Business 2004 #2
I am trying to find out how I can have time items show the date the the time occured in the invoice? When I print them, it just shows the item, the description and the amount, just like I was doing a standard invoice item. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks, Steve "Steve Grosz" <boise_bound@hotmail.com> wrote on 10 Sep 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > I am trying to find out how I can have time items show the date the > the time occured in the invoice? When I print them, it just shows > the item, the description and the amount, just like I was doin...

Preserve Pivot Format
I'm currently testing out Office 2007 for my company (we currently use 2003) and I've run into a couple of questions regarding pivot table formatting. 1. In 2003, when I told a pivot table to "preserve format," it actually worked. For example, I have a page field in which the text gets very long. I'd like to have it "taller" and with wrapped text. In 2003, I changed that field to "all", set my formatting, and refreshed the pivot - worked great, the cell stayed as formatted. In 2007, I have "Preserve cell formatting on update" checked. I rep...

Customer Report

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

Outlook/Exchange problem #2
Two users out of about 60 having problems accessing their mailbox using Outlook. One of the users had their mailbox moved from one store to another on the same server, the other user had no changes made. They can both access their Inbox, but not any of the subfolders, or Deleted, Sent, Contacts, Calendar, etc. OWA seems to work fine for both users in all folders. I already tried recreating the mail profile, didn't help. Also tried accessing the mailbox from another client, same problem. One of two things happen... Either Outlook shuts down generating the following: Event 1000 - Fau...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #2
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) (Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

GPS Customization Query

Outlook calendar question #2
Using Outlook 2002 on a WinXP system. When I start Calendar, today's date is not highlighed in blue in the month view. I can switch to day or week view, then back to month view, and then it's highlighted. Clicking on "today" doesn't highlight it, either. Is there a way to tell Outlook to always highlight today on the monthly calendar view? Thanks. -- ----------------------------------------------------- Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com are you starting outlook in outlook today? start in any other folder and avoid using outlook today and it should work ...