Custom Calendar Format Example Jan 1-Feb 5 is Jan

I was wanting to know if it is possible to create a custom calendar like
the Gregorian or the Hijri. When they use those formats they put a b1 or
b2 infront of the format like b1mm/dd/yyyy. I want to be able to key a
date in a cell and it gives me the business month not the actual month,
unless it falls that way. This is a maunfacturing calendar and isn't
standard for business reasons. Just hoping this is possible.
Thanks for all the help.

--
robertjtucker
robertjtucker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21805

Use a custom format of \bm mm/dd/yyyy

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"robertjtucker" <robertjtucker.1s5uqg_1121346315.7975@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote in message

> I was wanting to know if it is possible to create a custom calendar like
> the Gregorian or the Hijri. When they use those formats they put a b1 or
> b2 infront of the format like b1mm/dd/yyyy. I want to be able to key a
> date in a cell and it gives me the business month not the actual month,
> unless it falls that way. This is a maunfacturing calendar and isn't
> standard for business reasons. Just hoping this is possible.
> Thanks for all the help.
>

> --
> robertjtucker
> robertjtucker's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21805
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=387126

0
phillips1 (803)
7/14/2005 1:51:32 PM
Can you explain a little

--
robertjtucker
robertjtucker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21805
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=387126

In the cell where you key in the date, goto Format>Cells>Custom and set that
custom format.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"robertjtucker" <robertjtucker.1s60ad_1121353539.6635@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote in message

> Can you explain a little
>

> --
> robertjtucker
> robertjtucker's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21805
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=387126

0
phillips1 (803)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

share calendar 2000
Hi I share the calendar of outlook 2000 with another person but the person that I authorize to read and write my calendar disparait all time. I have to share again and again. Is there some one who can help? Thanks Lid� Are you using NetFolders (as opposed to an Exchange Server) to share your Calendar? If so, be aware that they (NetFolders) are very problematic and break frequently. They were removed in versions past OL2000 "Lid� Blanc" <lide.agrignan@csa-fr.com> wrote in message news:OIIxoNM1FHA.2884@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > I share the calendar of outlook 2...

Hotfix 837794 Exch 5.5
I have seen that a couple of people have been looking for this hotfix. Has anyone found it? I noted that some of the resposes were to get it from MS. I tried several times. They all said it was an obsolete program and this hotfix was no longer available. The last guy I spoke to suggested I post here to see if I could get it. I need it for my 5.5 server to stop sending NDRs as MessageLabs is now blocking us. I know there are other programs for purchse that will help in this regard, but I am hoping that this will just require a temporary fix and I will be able to upgrade the whole system ...

toolbar customization

reuse unusable urls in a column ith 1 command
Hi all, Here is another freak question from one of my students: "I receive a column with URL's where some are clickable and others aren't. (blue or black) When I get into a cell with an unclickable url and press F2 and next Enter the URL becomes clickable again. Taking me to the clicked website. When I have a column of 5 problematic URL's this is OK but when I have thousands of rows I get tired. Is there a way to in one command activate all unclickable URL's?" My idea is that we ould need a macro to go to all rows and edit and confirm. I could write the macro ...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Office 2007 will not install on 1 particular Windows 7 machine
I have just performed a custom install of Windows 7 Pro on a computer that has been running Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 successfully for several years. I had some trouble geting a stable installation of Win 7 but after an expensive visit to the Geek Squad, which determined that a particular Windows update was causing the system to crash, I now have a stable installation. (They disabled that particular update, too.) The problem is that I am unable to install any of my fully-licensed copies of Office 2007 on this machine, even though I have it running happily on two ...

lookup formula #5
I am trying to come up with a formula that looks up an order number (eg 2013864) on a list on another sheet (2)and then returns all the listings corresponding to that number eg: Sheet 2 Order No.s Details 2013864 red 2013864 blue 2013864 green 2013865 red 2013865 green 2013864 black Sheet 1 2013864 (this is where I enter number to be looked up) red ( details that ) blue (correspond to) green ( order No ) Regards gregorK The easiest way to go i...

Why there is no meeting in Organizer Calendar?
I have a meeting request in Outlook sent by java tool, and I'm the meeting organizer, but why there is no meeting entry in Outlook Calendar? I'm using Outlook2007 with SP1. Any idea? Thanks, Yuhui Do you see it if you use the by category view? Do any Outlook users see the meeting on their calendar? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETT...

Can I format data lines in multiple charts?
Can I format a data series in multiple charts without doing it individually? For example: I have a woorkbook with 50 charts, and each has the same X/Y axes, and each chart has multiple lines for 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, etc. Can I format one data series, i.e. year 1999 in Chart A and have Excel auto-format all other 1999 series (charts B-Z) to match it? Hi, The closet thing you will get without resorting to VBA code is the F4 button. Format 1999 series in one chart and then select it in another chart and press F4. Trouble is thats still 49 selections and then repeat that for each of ...

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

Exchange 5.5 MTA e-mail stuck problem
Dear All, please help our exchange MTA always stuck e-mail in server. We have 4 exchange servers in 3 sites. The problem always in 2 servers. please see below setting server1 ( Window 4.0sp6a & Exchange 5.5sp4) server2 (Window 2000sp4 & exchange 5.5 sp4_ server3 ( window NT 4.0sp6a & exchange 5.5 sp4 ) server4 (window 2000 sp4 & exchange 5.5 sp4) Sever1 & server2 is same network server3 & server4 in oversea Our problem always keep server2 with server3 & server4. We can ping to server3 and server4, we also use "net user //server3 ipc$" command. Pl...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

simplest way to migrate 5.5 to 2k3 exchange
I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in a nt4 domain. I want to upgrade exchange to 2k3 on a new box with server 2k that's currently installed in the same nt4 domain. What would be the simplest way to achieve this? Any recommendation is appreciated, thanks. Well, the first task is to get your NT4 Domain to Windows 2000 or 2003 AD. What is your migration plan for getting to AD? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "hohum" <rickster@intelisol.com> wrote in message news:8%xQh.4647$YL5.39@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >I have ...

Outlook 2002 Problem #5
When I paste text to the body of a email message using Outlook 2002, Windows XP laptop, I get: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. Error Signature: AppName:outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4024.0 ModName: mshtml.dll ModVer: 6.0.2800.1141 ...

Conditional Format: Dates
Date is displayed in cell like this: Thursday, January 01, 2004 Currently, cells have no cell color format. How can I set formatting so cells containing 'Sunday' are a different color? Is there a formula I can use or some function that will do this for me? If the dates are text use =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Sunday",A1)) in the formula is box, if they are real dates use =WEEKDAY(A1,2)=7 format>conditional formatting and formula is -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JEM" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:emRrHL1IEHA.2688@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

Using either 'Conditional Formatting or VB' to color specific Cells
All, I'm new to using macro's within Excel, please forgive my ignorance in advance! heh Does anyone know the best way to color cells within a worksheet based on data in other rows within the same worksheet? I've used Conditional Formatting but it only lets me use (3) colors. I need to use about 10 or so. Basically I have data in columns A - P, in columns AI:AJ I have data that I want to show as a specific color in rows A - P if it exists. Can someone give me an example that I can use and modify to do this task? Thanks -J I assume that you want an easy way to visually identify ce...

Removing calendar option
I am running Exchange 2003, we have started to move to a common calendaring system on our campus, the question has been asked... Can we stop the users from using Exchange/Outlook calendars while still letting use all the other Exchange features? Or can we hid the Calendar so that no one can schedule meetings? I can't think of anyway to do this. Thanks Julie Julie Lienemann wrote: > I am running Exchange 2003, we have started to move to a common > calendaring system on our campus, the question has been asked... Can > we stop the users from using Exchange/Outlook calend...

Question from MOS file E03C-1-1 , Creating data and contents
Hi, Am currently studying MOS 2003 - Excel Core Exam. Am practicing file E03C-1- from the practice folder where its giving the following instructions... Open the EditContent workbook, and on sheet1, select the contents of D7 for editing . Delete the period to the left of the 8, and insert a period between 8 and 5. Complete the correct corrected entry. Display Sheet2, and select A1:D3. Clear all the contents, formats and comments from the range. Display sheet3, select A1:D134, and clear only its formats. Q1) When it says "select the contents of D7 for editing . Delete the period t...

Customer Report