Curve Fitting to Data

Any one know how to fit a second-order polynomial to a
data series?
0
cweb (1)

Charlie -

Bernard Liengme has an example on his web site:

  http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Charlie Webb wrote:

> Any one know how to fit a second-order polynomial to a
> data series?

0
jonNOSPAM (60)

Exporting data in Excel 2000
I used to be able to export data in different types of delimited text format from within other excel versions, but now it only allows me to 'Save as' a text file and I am limited to a TAB delimited file. Is there a way to specify which delimiter I can have in the saved/exported text file? I can't find anything under the Data menu (where it used to be, I believe). Now you can only import a delimited file in multiple formats there. thx. -- =============================================== Mike S. Nowostawsky: Email: mikenowo@sympatico.ca, mikenowo@yahoo.ca Home Page: http://www3....

transferring Outlook2003 data file from xp to windows 7
can anyone help http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "pups61" <pups61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48DD2876-2F31-4272-A5BA-056F6197E389@microsoft.com... > can anyone help ...

Calculation of Area Under a Continuos curve......Scatter Curve.
The variables are part of a scatter diagram, i.e. the variables plotted on X axis do not have any defined relationship with the Variables of Y axis...... Hi, I am working on calculating area under a Continuous Curve.. I have data poitnts...On X axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable X) and on Y axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable Y). If i plot a curve by joinig thses points i get a smooth curve. If i have to calculate the exact area under the curve using Integration Function in Excel Sheet how should i proceed. Data points are : Issuers Defaulters Cum Issuers % ...

Legacy Data
Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If so, what have you done with your legacy data? If you mean the raw data still in the old program, burn it on DVD's and put it in the firebox. Mike "Siri" <Siri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:759D2ADF-92E9-4157-A7B2-13A259341A50@microsoft.com... > Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If > so, what have you done with your legacy data? > Import - Master DAta - GL Summary transactions - Open Receivables and Payables Try and do as lit...

Catagorize Column Data by Name
I have a portfolio spreadsheet with approx 100-200 rows where each row depicts a unique project and each column depicts a calendar week. The cells in each row are color coordinated to illustrate the phases of the project. (For instance, I could have 3 consecutive tan cells illustrating analysis, 5 consecutive "no fill" cells depicting development, and 4 gray cells indicating testing. It is actually a bit more colorful but I will keep it simple for now!) In each cell there is a numeric value describing how many projected resource hours are to be applied to that phase for th...

Curve radius
I use Visio 2000 (SP2) and have Accident Reporting and Crime Scene add-ins to create scale diagrams of traffic accident scenes. Is there any way to automate curve length, chord and radius? Any tip that allows the use of the "Size & Position" window would be most helpful, but any tip at all will be appreciated! I have used Visio since 2000 came out and am comfortable with it, i.e., I can use it to automate other shapes, but I dont see any where to automate curves!!! Thank you in advance! It can be automated by creating some VBA code. Most highway and residential curves are comp...

Message Alert for Changing cell data
I run a daily report in Excel that tracks levels of products in tanks It is important to be able highlight tanks that do not change levels o any given day. I insert the date in the report automatically. Iwoul like to know how to flash an alert when any selected tank level does not change for that specific da -- jsmith5 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jsmith59's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=786 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32051 How about conditional formatting to c...

Data conversion Cam3
Has converted from Cam3 to RMS? Cam3 uses Btrieve 6.15. I have a prospect who is looking at switching to RMS from CAM. They want Inventory, Customer history and purchasing history. Any suggestions woulld be appreciated. Pat See if the program will export to a comma type file. The it is easy. "pat@arms" <patarms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9073BC10-884B-48F7-AEDB-AF58093F65CA@microsoft.com... > Has converted from Cam3 to RMS? Cam3 uses Btrieve 6.15. I have a > prospect who is looking at switching to RMS from CAM. > They want Inventory, Custo...

Automatic refresh of external data
I've looked and played with all the settings that I think would allow automatic refresh of external data, but I still get a dialog box every time I open the workbook that asks if I really want to enable or disable automatic refresh. Yes I really do! Where is the switch or property which automatically enables this? TIA Keith BTW I using 2003. I assume I'm the only one with this problem. "Keith Streich" <kstreich999@execpc.com> wrote in message news:e2xtwtOGFHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I've looked and played with all the settings that I think would ...

backing up outlook data
Is there any way to backup the data you have in outlook like you can backup you data in other programs? The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeani" <jeani@all-americanwater.com> wrote in message news:12bd101c3f665$b0bd6d80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to backup the data you have in outlook > like you can backup you data in other p...

calibration curve
I am setting up a chemistry calibration curve using data below OD reading Concentration ..020 0 ..045 10 ..245 40 etc Plotting in XY scatter chart and get trendline using polynomial function. How can I determine the concentration of an unkown solution ? I want to use trendline data to do this. Put the Conc data in column A and the OD data in B You can have headers ("Concentration", "OD" ) in row 1 Let's say the last row is 10 Select A1:B10, click the chart tool, select XY chart, use the first subtype (ma...

Excel 2000: Can I display more than one curve in a single chart
Hi All, Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data points) in a single chart? I am using Excel 2000. tia Avraham Makeler. Sure. Select more than 2 columns when you create the chart. Alternately select the chart and follow the prompts at Chart|Add Data Jerry Avraham Makeler wrote: > Hi All, > > Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data > points) in a single chart? > > I am using Excel 2000. > > tia > > Avraham Makeler. ...

Auto Fit row height and merged cells
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I use excel to do complex formatted design spreadsheets for our business. Wrapped, merged cell refuse to autfit row height and it is driving me nuts. <br><br>If I open a new workbook and set up a cell to wrap and auto fit. All is right with the world. When I add characters to the cell and hit enter the row height behaves as expected. When I remove characters in the cell it contracts to the appropriate row height. <br><br>However, if I simply merge this same cell with its neighbor to...

How do I sort the charted data columns
I have created a spreadsheet and related charts in Excel 2002. The Charts created fine, but I can not figure out how to sort the data columns in the chart from highest to lowest. How can I sort the chart columns? When I select rows in the spreadsheet the SORT button in the DATA menu is grayed out. Any assistance would be appreciated. HLC Is the worksheet protected? To unprotect, choose Tools>Protection>Unprotect Sheet Are two or more sheets selected? If so, the word [Group] would appear in the Title Bar at the top of the Excel window. To ungroup, right-click on a sheet ta...

I need a bezier curve the example? Who may provide? Extremely thank!
I need a bezier curve the example? Who may provide? Extremely thank! ...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

data entry form #6
I have a template with drop down fields and other data validation. What I need now is when this form is used, to write the selections and other information inputed to a excel data list. How do I do this? -- Tess ...

chart data #2
I have a spreadsheet set up that updates the information every month over a 12 month period. The data i have for example is Actual Profile Jan 77723 77723 Feb 75319 67582 Mar 72047 73469 Apr 69557 81048 May 76672 88563 Jun 65068 77750 Jul 63819 79528 Aug 71079 90357 Sep 65793 85348 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Obviously i have not received the data for the last three months yet but i need to keep the formulas in to automatically update the information. I want to select all of the information in this area but not show zeros on my chart. This chart will then update every month as the...

same data
Hello, I'm using a CList in order to hold structure into a list. When I need to read the very next node (next structure within the list) I see pointer value changes but l I still see same information in previous node or stucture. Any suggestions? Thanks, Smith ...

How do import data using | as a delimeter?
How do import data using | as a delimeter? Not sure if you can use that character in an Import Specification but you could always do a Find & Replace on the text file to convert them to commas. -- Steve McGuire MCSD, MCAD, MCP "mrniceguy07" wrote: > How do import data using | as a delimeter? File/Import - change the file type, select the file you want to import. When the wizard opens, press the Advanced button to see the option to change the delimiter. You should be able to type a character in the field if it is not in the list. "mrniceguy07" <mrnicegu...

Importing Data #2
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. One is a cover sheet with a variety of VLOOKUP's that reference the second sheet, which is the data collected. I am constantly getting new data in from outside sources, but luckily its in a CVS file that is always the same. What I need to do is create a VB / macro that automatically goes into the folder on my D: drive that contains the received data forms and Imports the data onto the 2nd sheet. The data is always the same format, and always in a plain CSV so it imports really easily, its just the volume that kills me. I also need it to keep the ...

Printing reports with no data
Actually the title of this question is a little misleading, sorry. This should be fairly simple. I run 5 different reports for 2 different shifts based on certain product catagories that were produced the previous day. Sometimes there is data for those reports and sometimes not. Instead of the report opening in preview, I would rather just have a MsgBox pop up that says there's nothing to report. Other than date and shift information, I'm pulling up the product SKU, description of the product, start and end time, qty and so on. please help! Thanks Bill R. -- John 3:16 "Fo...

Filling in data to the selected field
Hi everyone, Initially I can work with the code below... But I want some modifications. Below is the output I want...J0001(OLD) WHILE J0002 (NEW) Before :- Bil (pk) JobNumber PartNumber RequiredQty KittedQty 1 J0001 A1 1 1 2. J0001 B1 8 6 3. J0002 B1 8 After:- Bil (pk) JobNumber PartNumber RequiredQty KittedQty 1 J0001 A1 1 1 2. ...

Great Plains POP10390 distribution data gets deleted when posting a batch
Hi, We are using GP version 10.1...Since last week, we started to lose the GL distribution on POP transaction (invoice matching)...it seems that the records of the POP10390 file get 'flushed' randomly... Today we had an occurence where a posting report got 'stucked' at 50% of progress on the screen of a user...we waited more than 1/2 an hour and the batch never end posting...it did also create a situation where other users could not post either...(just like there was a lock on the file...where the record got flushed.... Any clues...we can't believe that it never ha...

Data tags problem
I have an issue with a user I have just upgraded to Office 2003 and any help would be appreciated. The issue is with a spreadhseet containing a graph. The graph consists of 5 datapoints, the last of which is a total figure and does not have a colour bar i.e. only shows figures. However, on several of the graphs this figure is either hidden or blank and does not even print out. It appears to be totally random and occasionaly there is an additional problem whereby some of the bars just show the outline and not the colour infill. Any ideas please????? Tim Its ok,calm down everyone,i fix...