Curve fitting in Excel

I have a set of data points and wish to do a curve fit. How can I do this in
Excel? The figure is 3D.

Thanks,
Vidya
0
Raja1 (11)

See Excel Tips for how to use LINEST for polynomial fit
See TUSHA at www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ tips/trendline_coefficients.htm
for other curves
Not sure what you mean by 3D in this context

Do you know about Trendlines in XY charts?

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Vidya Raja" <Vidya Raja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a set of data points and wish to do a curve fit. How can I do this
>in
> Excel? The figure is 3D.
>
> Thanks,
> Vidya

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Protecting Data in Excel
Hi world Can anyone tell me if its possible to share access (on the same PC) to a worksheet but ensure that once data has been entered into a field it can't be deleted or altered without an administrator level access? If not anyone have any ideas what a suitable alternative may be? Many thanks Protection in Excel IMO should only ever really be considered as a means of preventing unintended changes to data. There is no level of protection you can set, where I couldn't gain access to any piece of data in whatever sheet you had me work with. Same goes for pretty much all of the...

Empty Excel File that is 1.7 MB
Hi, I have an Excel file that scrolls slowly and is 1.7 MB big when it really shouldn't be. Change tracking is of, there are no formulas and no VBA code. I have stripped everything out of the spreadsheet, deleted every row/column and did a "Clear All" on the entire thing and it is still 1.7 MB. There are no hidden or very hidden sheets. Has anyone ever encountered this? Exporting out the text and starting over really isn't an option, so I hope someone can help me. Thanks. -- octobert ------------------------------------------------------------------------ octobert&...

ExCel programming

Excel Quiz
Has anyone else seen those Excel quiz worksheets being passed around? I saw a couple at work and was wondering if anyone had any links to more of them, they are a fun way of passing the time! Any help is much appreciated! Thanks, Geordie A Google search (www.google.com) for "Excel quiz" turns up quite a few. My crystal ball is cloudy as to which ones have been passed around in your circles. Jerry Geordie wrote: > Has anyone else seen those Excel quiz worksheets being passed around? I saw > a couple at work and was wondering if anyone had any links to more of them, &g...

Speed-Up Data Entry by having Excel Complete Strings
HI - How can Excel auto complete a string if a user only types the first digit and then presses the Enter or arrow keys? For example, a 3-digit string of =91444=92 should be entered if a user enters a =914=92 an= d presses Enter. Likewise...if a user enters 1 and presses Enter, the result should be 111; 2 + Enter =3D 222, and 3 + Enter =3D 333. NOTE that if a user enters some other full, 3-digit string, like =91421=92 or '123,' the cell MUST retain the 421 or 123. Also note that this will be a text field. THANK YOU! I'd use two cells--one for the data input and one to return ...

How to parse in excel
In a cell, I have say for example: abcdefg or 1234567 I would like to parse each alphabet or number into 7 cells individually. How to do it in excel? Thank you. "Paul" <"mcbml(paul)"@pacific.net.hk> wrote... >In a cell, I have say for example: >abcdefg or 1234567 >I would like to parse each alphabet or number into 7 >cells individually. >How to do it in excel? With abcdefg in cell A1, enter this formula in cell B1. =MID(A1,COLUMN(B1)-COLUMN($A1),1) Fill B1 right into C1:H1. Or use Data -> Text to Columns "Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@a...

Excel
Hi, Having spent most of yesterday putting together my own excel workbook and am a little gutted this morning to find I can't get into it. The file will open but as soon as it does it freezes (egg timer thingy) and after a minute or so I get the replt - excel not responding! I have run a virus check, cleared all my cookies and completed a system restore all of which did not work. Thr workbook contains around 10 worksheets, a personal toolbar and around 20 macros all of which carry out various things. I can get into any other excel workbook I have - but not this one ?? I can't even...

Excel and gridline
When I print out my excel sheet, some of my gridline are missing. How do i restore them? By default no gridlines are printed. Use File|Page Setup; open the Sheet tab and check the box got gridlines best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "libtech3" <libtech3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF3DD74D-6C00-4965-AB1F-31262DC82CB4@microsoft.com... > When I print out my excel sheet, some of my gridline are missing. How do > i > restore them? ...

Excel 2000 #4
I have a filled series of numbers that are relative. How do I change them to absolute? Do you that they are produced via formulae? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "billytre" <billytre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C22BA5C-5B4D-44D0-8B56-8EDEBF1CE862@microsoft.com... > I have a filled series of numbers that are relative. How do I change them to > absolute? No Bob, Just a straight fill by dragging. "Bob Phillips" wrote: > Do you that they are produced via formulae? > > -- > HTH &...

Excel hart has OLE onject errors in Access 2007
I am trying to build a chart on a form in Access 2007. I have already created it in Excel and want it to look the same but it seems that the formatting options are greatly reduced, fewer chart options, and formatting variations in Access. I tried to copy and paste the chart from Excel 2007 onto my Access form, and gave it the query as the data source but got messages "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." If I remove the name of the query I get an identical chart to the one in Excel, ...

not displaying pie chart in excel 2007
We've created a small table of headings and data that displays nicely as line charts, bar charts, etc., but the display for pie charts (all types of pie charts) remains completely blank. Any ideas why that would be? Thanks! Michael ...

Exporting data in Excel 2000
I used to be able to export data in different types of delimited text format from within other excel versions, but now it only allows me to 'Save as' a text file and I am limited to a TAB delimited file. Is there a way to specify which delimiter I can have in the saved/exported text file? I can't find anything under the Data menu (where it used to be, I believe). Now you can only import a delimited file in multiple formats there. thx. -- =============================================== Mike S. Nowostawsky: Email: mikenowo@sympatico.ca, mikenowo@yahoo.ca Home Page: http://www3....

Calculation of Area Under a Continuos curve......Scatter Curve.
The variables are part of a scatter diagram, i.e. the variables plotted on X axis do not have any defined relationship with the Variables of Y axis...... Hi, I am working on calculating area under a Continuous Curve.. I have data poitnts...On X axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable X) and on Y axis i have % of Cumulative numbers(Variable Y). If i plot a curve by joinig thses points i get a smooth curve. If i have to calculate the exact area under the curve using Integration Function in Excel Sheet how should i proceed. Data points are : Issuers Defaulters Cum Issuers % ...

Excel Report Builder #3
I'm trying to setup security for users to access and use Excel Report Builder and followed what the user's guide directions: 1. Open the Security Task Setup window (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >>Setup >> System >> Security Tasks) 2. Enter a Task ID, Task Name, Task Description and Category. 3. Select SmartList Builder as the Product and Excel Report Builder Permissions as the Type and Series. 4. Mark the operations that you want to grant access to for the selected user or user class. It grants the user access and appears the capability to build and...

Curve radius
I use Visio 2000 (SP2) and have Accident Reporting and Crime Scene add-ins to create scale diagrams of traffic accident scenes. Is there any way to automate curve length, chord and radius? Any tip that allows the use of the "Size & Position" window would be most helpful, but any tip at all will be appreciated! I have used Visio since 2000 came out and am comfortable with it, i.e., I can use it to automate other shapes, but I dont see any where to automate curves!!! Thank you in advance! It can be automated by creating some VBA code. Most highway and residential curves are comp...

open an excel sheet in works
Is there a way to download an excel sheet and open in works or works spreadsheet? Not that I know of. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mike" <mikeext249@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:754C543F-E2EE-4B4F-9955-58682BCB14D9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to download an excel sheet and open in works or works spreadsheet? ...

Excel Formulae
how can a hundreds of numbers in a worksheet be adjusted by the same percentage Ray, You can use Paste Special to do this. For example, to increase every number by 15%, enter 1.15 in some empty cell and copy that cell. Then select the cells that you wish to change. Go to the Edit menu, choose Paste Special, and there choose the Multiply option. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ray G" <ray_garthwaite@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1ca701c38855$de4fdf40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > how can a hundreds of numbers in a w...

Excel saving files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just moved to Mac from PC. I get an error message when saving an excel spreadsheet that was created on a PC with an earlier version of office saying that excel cannot access the file for several reasons....file name doesn't exist (it does); file is being used by another program (it isn't) or the name of the workbook that I'm trying to save is the same as the name of another document that is read-only (it isn't). At the same time extra files are being generated such as AB0000C some of which...

Excel does not work
Hi everyone, 1)I would like to know why after a certain number of rows excel doe not seem to sort properly. EX. I have a database of telephone numbers and address and dat aquired. after about cell 800 when i try to sort it by date, the dat is not in chronological order, sometimes it seems to be formatte differently with whitespace that i never even put in there? what is u with that 2) I have part of my database that is in lower case and the rest i capitilized, how can i put the lowerecase to uppercase without havin to type it all over again. Thank you and thank god there is a "ex...

Excel File will dissapear from the screen when the restore window is clicked
I have Excel 2000 and when I open files they open up maximized and if I were to click the restore window button to make the window smaller it dissapears from the screen. In the window listing the file is still open and the only way to get it back is to create new window of the workbook. Hi thanks for the help but it didn't work when the restore button is clicked the move command is all greyed out it wont let me select it and using alt+spacebar+m does not work either >-----Original Message----- >To move the window, press ALT, then SPACE BAR, then M (for >MOVE). Then use...

pda files to excel
hello i use pda +pc there is the posibility to copy the pda files to my deskop pcfiles and to swork with excel or access?? i want to avoid sycronitation and i wont to work thnks ...

Looking for trial download on excel
Looking for trial download on excel There's a link at http://www.microsoft.com/office/howtobuy/default.mspx HTH. Best wishes Harald "Fred 33069" <Fred 33069@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2A39FC6B-D0C1-4B98-96A1-9A47F81C6FE8@microsoft.com... > Looking for trial download on excel Hi Fred check out https://microsoft.order-6.com/officestandardedition/addrform.asp Cheers JulieD "Fred 33069" <Fred 33069@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A39FC6B-D0C1-4B98-96A1-9A47F81C6FE8@microsoft.com... > Looking for trial downlo...

calibration curve
I am setting up a chemistry calibration curve using data below OD reading Concentration ..020 0 ..045 10 ..245 40 etc Plotting in XY scatter chart and get trendline using polynomial function. How can I determine the concentration of an unkown solution ? I want to use trendline data to do this. Put the Conc data in column A and the OD data in B You can have headers ("Concentration", "OD" ) in row 1 Let's say the last row is 10 Select A1:B10, click the chart tool, select XY chart, use the first subtype (ma...

Excel 2000: Can I display more than one curve in a single chart
Hi All, Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data points) in a single chart? I am using Excel 2000. tia Avraham Makeler. Sure. Select more than 2 columns when you create the chart. Alternately select the chart and follow the prompts at Chart|Add Data Jerry Avraham Makeler wrote: > Hi All, > > Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data > points) in a single chart? > > I am using Excel 2000. > > tia > > Avraham Makeler. ...

I need a bezier curve the example? Who may provide? Extremely thank!
I need a bezier curve the example? Who may provide? Extremely thank! ...