cursor help

my cursor used to look like a fat plus sign and when I held it over a cell it
would highlight the cell border. I could also click on a cell, left click my
mouse and drag it to highlight mutlitple cells for sorting, etc. I have done
something where I can no longer see which cell is highlighted on the page and
I cannot see the blue cell highlights when i click and drag. The areas are
still being sorted, etc when I execute the command but i cannot see which
cells are highlighted. My cursor looks like a pointer now. I have tried
ctrl+alt+plus sign (earlier post) but it did not help. Does anybody have any
idea? HELP!!!!
0
reybek (1)

Tecky needs help
Im trying to uninstall office 2000 without data1.msi file and want to know if there is any other way than to format hard drive!! This article may help. Could be you need to download the installer before you uninstall. Windows Installer Cleanup Utility Error Message: Error Creating Process (Msiexec.exec/l msicu.msi) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307653&Product=ofw2k -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Techy" <hendrikv@reach.co.za> wrote in message news:34C5CD84-7E21-4B3C-BB8A-...

owa timeout settings not working with OWA HELP
I configured the settings for the OWA timeout "trusted client and plublic client timeout" the settings work on IE but not firefox. when i use firefox the setting is still timing out at 15 minutes. please help thx monica ...

Returning cursor to first cell, next line down
I am using a handheld scanner to record asset/serial numbers of hard ware. I scan 4 cells worth of data (across) and I would like to find a shortcut or macro to return the cursor to first cell, next line down. Any ideas ?? I have scoured the Excel help on the web etc. with no luck. I am using Excel 2000. Jeff Make sure you save a copy of the file to try this as I am not sure what else you are doing... right click on the sheet tab and select 'View Code' and paste the code in the window that pops up. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersec...

Labour Report Help
So I am attempting to find a solution to a sorting and reporting issue. I have a table that I have that has the names and times that people have worked. Simple in format. Date, Employee Name, Hrs worked , Location worked So what I want to do is sort this info so that if first takes each employee and adds there time up and on the report it states the employee name and hours worked. EG. Name Events Total Hrs Fred Smith 11 32.5 For those employees that are over 40 hrs I need to have a modified output. I nee...

I need help to make a not-so-easy AVERAGE formula!
Here's a description of spreadsheet that I am making for the sales of a store: - Column A has all the dates of the year (January 1, January 2, January 3, etc.) for the entire year listed one after another (so a total of 365 rows, starting in row 1). - Column B has the day of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.) corresponding to the date next to it in column A. - Column C has the sales amount (example: $125.50) corresponding to the date/day listed in the same row of columns A and B. I have the following formula (which works great) which gives me the SUM of all sales mad...

Help with loading Money 2003
I just purchased Money 2003 and I am having trouble installing this program. It's like the disc isn't being read. Please anybody that can help, I would appreciate it. What OS? What error messages? Can you read the CD with Windows Explorer? If yes to the latter then try copying the CD to your hard disk and install from there. If no to the latter it may be that you have a faulty CD and need to return to your retailer for a replacement. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wish...

Sumproduct Help!
Hi Thanks for looking Below is the formula i'm using and it works just fine. =SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(Serial!$G$2:$G$3222)=$B$1),--(MONTH(Serial!$G$2:$G$3222)=D2) What i'm trying to do is select the whole column (G) as below =SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(Serial!G:G)=$B$1),--(MONTH(Serial!G:G)=D2) I just can't get this to work, any ideas Cheers Peter (UK) On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:00:49 -0000, "Peter" <no@spam.co.uk> wrote: >Hi >Thanks for looking > >Below is the formula i'm using and it works just fine. >=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(Serial!$G$2:$G$3222)=$B$1),--(M...

i need help w/ my outlook email!!!
outlook won't log onto incoming mail server (pop3) for my yahoo account or for my aol account. I've tried 'more settings' and checking ' server requires authentication' but it still wont log onto incoming mail server. Is there a guru out there that can help a lamb gone astray? ...

Batch Posting to Quickbooks
In posting a closed batch to Quickbooks, I receive an error message "Transaction split lines to AR must include a customer name on that split line". The customer names exist in both Quickbooks and RMS and are the same. I do not have more than one AR account assign in the GL. I noticed in reviewing the batch that there was a sale made to a store account. I believe this has something to do with the problem. However, I can not figure out what is wrong. Has anyone received this message and how did you correct it? Or does someone know how I can correct this error. Thank you....

Pulsating Cursor #2
Can someone tell my how to eliminate the on - off pulsating which occurs when my cursor is in either of the Address Windows and the Subject Window of a new message? I am not speaking about the Insertion Point, which should be pulsating, but does not interfere with my typing. Thank you, Bernie Beal. Bernie I think this would be best posted in an Outlook Express news group since that is the news reader you are using for this posting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:29:54 -0500, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Can someone tell my how to elimi...

Cursor flickers
Hi, I change the Cursor of my mouse in WM_SETCURSOR handler. That doesn't cause any flicker in XP, but causes a flicker in 98. Moreover the flicker is strange, I don't see the arrow cursor in between, It is just that my new cursor disappears for a few (fraction of) seconds, before reappearing. Any idea ? Thanks, sath I tend to work in the model of HCURSOR cur = GetCursor(); if(cur != desired) { SetCursor(desired); cur = desired; } which minimized flicker. The problem with SetCursor is that it &qu...

online help connection
Cannot connect to online help with HELP ICON. I can however get templates, reference materials and answers online. ...

Outlook Calendar help
Hello Outlook Folks, I use Outlook to keep reservations at a small motel. It's been working well for me for several years. I recently had a minor drive crash. The company the "repaired" it turned it into a major disaster. I have 2 drives, they formatted both drives for me. Now I have a few days work ahead of me to get back to where I was. Now, my question: I have pretty good backups on CD. Where does Outlook keep the calendar file? If I can pick & place this file I can get my reservations back and keep alot of people happy. Is this even possible? Any help is appreciate...

Blank Emails on Client Please Help
Here is the situation. I have a user who recieves emails where the body of the email is blank. This email if sent to multiple people will arrive fine for other people on the same corporate email server. IE if I have them send me a copy and my user I get the email just fine. The client is outlook 2003. The host is Windows XP. Email server is Exchange 5.5 ( ugh I know. ). I am not 100% sure what the sender is using but I am relatily sure it is exchange something ( prob 2000) and outlook ( Most likly 2003). I have checked the logs on my mail MTA and they look fine. So as near as I can tell...

Help With Time Formatting
I want to format a number such as 33.15 to appear as days, hours, minutes, i.e. 33:03:36, or similar. So far, I've been unable to come up with a custom format that will do that. You won't, because 33 hours is held not as 33 but as 1.375, that is 33 divided by 24. So you need to divide by 24 first then format as [h]:mm:ss. -- HTH Bob "Erehwon" <granmark@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7t60QE5KHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I want to format a number such as 33.15 to appear as days, hours, minutes, >i.e. 33:03:36, or similar. ...

Setting cursor for Disabled Button
Hi I have created a custom button control class derived from CButton. Everything works fine. I want to change the cursor of control when it is in disabled stated. I am handling WM_ENABLE message to handle changing the cursor. I set my custom cursor there. but it has no effect. Am I doing something wrong. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana >I have created a custom button control class derived from CButton. >Everything works fine. I want to change the cursor of control when it is in >disabled stated. I am handling WM_ENABLE message to handle changing the >cursor. I set ...

Cursor
Why is my cursor jumping all over the page and putting in the letters at places not designated? Annoying. Laptop? Disable the touchpad or reduce its sensitivity. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "susansjk@hotmail.com" <susansjk@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF344F8E-7805-476F-A13B-FCC32D0A75C4@microsoft.com... > Why is my cursor jumping all over the page and putting in the letters at > places not designated? Annoying. ...

Importing Contacts into the address book
Been having problems but they are almost all solved. Could someone give me a clue to how I get my contacts addresses (email) into my address book. Can I import them from the contacts to the address (.PAB) without having to enter each one individually??? Dobbie AKA Cast8Away You need to provide at least some information. Outlook has not used a PAB for years. The Contacts Folder is the sole source of address book information and will appear in the Outlook Address Book by default unless you are configured incorrectly. State your Outlook version and how you have configured the Outlook Address...

Help on Integration Manager
We recreated our database and we we want to bring in our invoice transactions into the new database. We exported all the invoice transactions to excel via Smartlist and made our corrections. Now am trying to bring in the SOP transactions into the new database using Integration Manager. To my surprise the Header Lines (SOP10100) came in but the Detail Lines (SOP10200) did not come in. One problem we have was that the Line items were too many for the rows available in Excel and so be break them into several sheets but the Header was able to fit into one excel sheet. What can I do? Does...

Help with Tab
Hi, In word we set Tab for moving to fixed distance. Is it possible do same in excel? If possible please let me know how to set up Tab. Thanks. The closest excel has is just using the space bar multiple times. If you wanted to indent the value in the cell, you could use: format|cells|alignment tab and click that Indent spinner. newbie wrote: > > Hi, > In word we set Tab for moving to fixed distance. > Is it possible do same in excel? > If possible please let me know how to set up Tab. > Thanks. -- Dave Peterson ...

About Cursor
Hi, I create two views using splitter window in MFC, while the left one is used to set options and the right one draw the scene according to the command of the left one with openGL. Now I want the cursor of the mouse is visial in the left view and unvisial in the right one.That means when the cursor falls in the rect of the right view it disapeared and in other field it works all right! How can i do that? Have any ideas? Thanks! Probably the simplest way is to have an OnSetCursor handler in the RH window and do a SetCusor(NULL) to hide the cursor. joe On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:44:27 +080...

Cursor disappears 11-25-09
Today installed Office 2010 Beta. Am running Windows 7. While using Word from this suite (which I understand is actually Word 2007), if I hold down the spacebar the cursor disappears while it is advancing. I can't tell where it is until I release the spacebar. Very troublesome and I can't find a way to fix it. -- meamjw Word in Office 2010 is Word 2010, but its behaviour in this regard is the same as it was in 2007, which was a change from earlier versions. The cursor does not disappear, but it does not stop flashing and, so, is not always visible. If you must do ...

Time Formula Help
I am trying to create a formula that will assign a time to a shift. For example, if my time is 5am and the shift schedule is: Shift 1 3am - 11am Shift 2 11am - 7pm Shift 3 7pm - 3am the formula should return "Shift 1". If the time is 1am, the formula should return "Shift 3". The caviat is that the shift schedules can change from week to week. For example, the next week the shifts might change to: Shift 1 2am - 10am Shift 2 10am - 6pm Shift 3 6pm - 2am I'm getting stuck on how to handle times that cross into the next day i.e. say 6pm - 2am. If a...

Help SMPT Errors
Hi all, Dell 1420SC>SBS2003>Exchange 2003 Can someone please explain the below error; This is an SMTP protocol warning log for virtual server ID 1, connection #1545. The remote host "unknown remote ip", responded to the SMTP command "rcpt" with "450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [Our public ip of mail server". The full command sent was "RCPT TO:<email@domain.com> ". This may cause the connection to fail. I did not include the ip and email information. Unknown host as above was an ip of a system in another country...

Help with this:
In cell M4, put the label "Allowance." In cell M5, type "0.32" (the amount paid per mile). In cell M8, put a formula that multiplies the mileage in cell L8 by the mileage allowance in cell M5. (Remember to use an absolute reference to cell M5 and a relative reference to L8.) Copy the formula to cells M9:M11. In cell N8, sum the range C8:K8 and M8 (omitting column L, which is not an expense). Hint: One way is to use the SUM function for the contiguous range and add in the noncontiguous cell. Another way is to enter the range as two separate arguments of the SUM funct...