Ctrl + Home

I am used to the "ctrl + home" key combination taking me
to the cell A1 of sheet A. In Excel, it only takes you to
the cell A1 of the sheet you are in at the time.

Is there another key combination that takes the place of
Ctrl + Home in QPW and takes you to Cell A1 in the Sheet A
or do I need to program that into a macro and stick it on
a toolbar somewhere?

Thanks,

Bruce
0
broberson (13)

There is no built-in shortcut to take you to the first worksheet's cell A1.
You could, of course, press Ctrl-PgUp a number of times to get to the first
worksheet, and then press Ctrl-Home.

The code for your macro could be as simple as this:

  Application.Goto Worksheets(1).Range("A1")

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)
7/21/2003 8:05:54 PM
Many people have these kinds of utility macros in their personal.xls (or
personal.xla) workbook.  The put this workbook into a special folder (XLStart).
Files in this folder get started each time excel starts.

But if you're going to share this kind of functionality with others, stay away
from the name personal.xl*.  You don't want to overwrite any personalized macros
that your coworkers already have (or will have).

So call that workbook BruceUtils.xls (or .xla if you save it as an addin).

Then it can co-exist with the user's personal.xl* file.

And once you get a few of these utilities, you may want to make them available
on another option on the worksheet menubar.

I really like John Walkenbach's menumaker program.  It's easy to update and
looks very nice.

And since you want to make it available all the time, you'll probably have to
add some checks.  For instance, what happens if the first worksheet is hidden?

You could just ignore the error:

Option Explicit
Sub gotoWK1A1()
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.Goto ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A1")
    On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

Or you could try to think of all the things that could go wrong.  (I didn't.  I
just thought of Hidden worksheets and maybe no worksheets at all!)

Option Explicit
Sub gotoWK1A1()
Dim iCtr As Long
    For iCtr = 1 To Worksheets.Count
        If Worksheets(iCtr).Visible = xlSheetVisible Then
            Application.Goto ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(iCtr).Range("A1")
            Exit Sub
        End If
    Next iCtr
    MsgBox "Failed"
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

CTRL+1 and CTRL+ALT+T problems
When I use the CTRL+1 shortcut in Outlook 2007, it opens the mail view which is good. Problem is, it selects the default Inbox folder that I don't use. I have to scroll down the list of folders to get to my actual Inboxes. Is there a way to specify which Inbox Outlook selects when using the CTRL+1 command? What if I was to just delete the empty default Inbox that it always lands on? My second question is, why doesn't Outlook 2007 bring up a new task window when typing the CTRL+ALT+T command? I was told this should work even if you're in a different program or ...

Using Money 2003 over a home LAN
I want my wife and myself to be able to use Money 2003 on our individual systems on our LAN (yes, we're nerds at heart) and work on the same data file on another system. That way we can divide-and-conquer the chores. Is this possible? Thanks for the help Stephen Money will access files in the UNC namespace. This means it will work with data files over the LAN. BE VERY CAREFUL, however, as Money will mangle a file if you try to simultaneously access it from different machines. This includes "sneak" uses like MoneyExpress, MoneySide, and Background Banking. "Stephen&qu...

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not working?
I have a coworker whose Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcut keys do not work in Excel XP. No one else in our work group has this problem. We checked with our IT support person and he is stumped as well. He can right-click and copy/paste that way...but cannot copy/paste using the shortcut keys. Any ideas? Try opening excel in safe mode: Windows Start button Excel /safe Do you still have the problem? If no, then maybe there's a "helpful" macro that's stealing your ctrl-c/ctrl-V's. Do any of the ctrl- shortcuts work? (maybe it's a malfunctioning keyboard). Ryan Sp...

Home based Internet research Jobs
Home based Internet research Jobs We are now hiring home based workers to complete simple online research assignments. No selling - no recruiting - no adplacing For details visit http://www.typeinternational.com/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=3304_33_3_69 ...

$ Amounts on Home Page
It appears that the only way to show a dollar amount for a report on the Home Page of GP is to include a report under the Reminders area of the "To Do" section. For example, if I want to set up as a reminder "Past Due Customer Transactions" with an amount, it needs to be a SmartList link in this section. It seems that the "My Reports" section would be able to accomodate a link to the report with a total to go with it, but it doesn't. Is that what you're getting also? Mike The purpose of the My Reports list is to provide a list of reports. It ...

Jbl Home Theater Speakers
JBL CS6100BG Complete 6-Piece Home Theater Speaker System (Black Gloss) Price:$1,199.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000O7LEG8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000O7LEG8 JBL CS480BG Complete 6-Piece Home Theater Speaker System (Black Gloss) Price:$799.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000O7N4IE Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000O7N4IE JBL LC2 6-Inch 4-Way Dual Wall-Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker (Black) Price:$599.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000ICXVK6 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.p...

Access away from home
Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me if you can access Money from somewhere other than the computer it is downloaded on. For example can I access it from work or a friend's computer? If so, how do you do it and can you still retrieve the same info? I'm not sure what a pocket PC is but saw somewhere you can access Money from it, is this all your personal info too, like bills due, payments made, etc.? I have a phone that has things like Excel & Word on it.. how do I know if I could put Money on it? Thanks so much! Answers below. "RF" <RF@discussion...

PreTranslateMessage and Ctrl + A
Hello NG, how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) { pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? } Thanks for help, Guido On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:42:17 +0200, "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote: >Hello NG, > >how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? > > if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) > { > pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > } > >Thanks ...

Home Theater Ratings
Bagless Central Vacuum - 570 Peak air-Watt Rating, Up To 12000 sq ft Price:$600.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000MABKGG Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000MABKGG ...

My Ctrl+D doesn't work, how can I reset?
In excel my fill down shortcut does not work. Ctrl+D. Where are these shortcut viewed and possibly reset? There are only two ways I can think of that can prevent Ctrl-d from acting to do a fill down. One is if an external program intercepts that keystroke before it gets to Excel. The other is if, within Excel, that keystroke has been assigned to a macro. One way to check the latter possibility quickly is to start Excel in safe mode. From Start->Run enter "excel.exe /s" (without quotes, there is s pace before the slash). If Ctrl-d works then you know it is a macro lo...

Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn
I have a workbook in Excel 97 with two windows. One is PipeBook.xls:1 and the other is PipeBook.xls:2. I would like to disable the function of Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn in the window PipeBook.xls:2, however leave the function available for window PipeBook.xls:1. Is that possible? take a look at SCROLLAREA in vba help.Put your code in the ThisWorkbook module in the Open_Workbook macro. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Keith Hueston" <kahueston@sgvwater.com> wrote in message news:6af001c35850$f204e1a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a work...

How do I access my company outlook from my home computer?
I would like to work from home but I need to be able to access my company email that uses outlook and read them from my home computer. You will have to ask your administrators how to do that. They usually have security in place which prevents just anyone accessing the network. They may have Outlook Anywhere, OWA, or other options if Exchange server is not used. They will be able to give you the information you need. Where I work, we offer OWA (Outlook Web Access, available over the internet) but you must use a keyfob with a changing digital number sequence to identify yourself and...

Home Equity LOC
Hi, When I setup the account, it gets setup as a credit card account. Does anyone know of a way to set it up correctly so that the interest is tax deductible? Thanks, John What does the type of Money account have to do with tax deductibility of the interest??? You concern is with the Money tax estimator? Just make sure you enter the interest expense transactions or splits using a category (Interest Expense:Mortgage Interest or something like that) that is set in its Category Details to Include on Tax Reports, Tax Form Schedule A, Form Line Home mortgage interest (with Form 1098). "...

Ctrl shift end
I use ctrl shift end to select a range of data which works well most of the time. But I often import a large spreadsheet that I have to cut and paste to reduce to a much smaller size. My problem is that even if all the surplus data is deleted when I use ctrl shift + end to select the data range it still remembers the original range and not the smaller reduced range. I have tried clearing cells, deleting cells but to no avail. The only way I have found to work around this is to copy the revised spreadsheet to another sheet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks Try touch...

How do I login to my exchange server e-mail account from home
We are new on Exchange Server. Have always had an outside E-Mail server. I need to know how to login or retrieve my e-mail when I am out of the office. Is there a way to do this via the internet like we used to do? Appreciate any help Thanks "DV in Texas" <DVinTexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87D3AEBF-1F96-4778-80CC-A5304F75FAEA@microsoft.com... > We are new on Exchange Server. Have always had an outside E-Mail server. > I > need to know how to login or retrieve my e-mail when I am out of the > office. > Is there a way to do this vi...

Re-home public folders
What is the easiest way to re-home public folders? I recently added a second exchange 5.5 server to my site and I would like to move them to the new server. I already moved all mailboxes. I tried the .PST option without success. Thanks for your help Percy configure replicas of all the public folders on your new Exchange server...then after you're certain everything has been replicated, remove the instances on the old server... "Percy" <Percy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21622024-FEB8-4D82-B8AC-194B50BD4085@microsoft.com... > What is the easiest...

Ann: Altova announces FREE XMLSPY Home Edition and releases new version 2004r4 of XMLSPY, MAPFORCE, and STYLEVISION
Altova (http://www.altova.com) producers of Altova XMLSPY, the world's leading XML (eXtensible Mark-up Language) development environment, today announced that the Home Edition of its award-winning XMLSPY product is now being offered to the public through a FREE software license. In addition, Altova just announced the immediate availability of Version 2004 Release 4 (v2004r4) of its entire product line. Far more than a typical interim release, v2004r4 provides major enhancements across the product line, ranging from advanced editing features and new data integration capabilities to user i...

[Ctrl]+[PgDn] and [Ctrl]+[PgUp]
I've involuntarily upgraded to Excel 2002/XP. It has lots of lovely security settings when protecting worksheets. When I _UN_check 'Select locked cells' when protecting worksheets, the [Ctrl]+[PgDn] and [Ctrl]+[PgUp] key combinations then function no differently than [Alt]+[PgDn] and [Alt]+[PgUp] (so the same as they did back in Excel 4 and prior), paging right and left within the protected worksheet rather than moving between worksheets. If this isn't a bug, I don't know the meaning of the term. Has anyone else come across it? There's no mention of it when searching *...

home-cinema-installers.co.uk home cinema installations
do you want a perfect 'home cinema installations' (http://www.home-cinema-installers.co.uk) then we give you a excellent service. THX! -- Orereesic ...

can't CTRL + Click to select multiples...
Hi, I'm using CRM 3.0 with IE6. If I'm in a list of contacts, accounts, activities...etc, I can't select multiple items by using ctrl + clicking them. On another computer, I can no problem. When I hit ctrl + click it just opens a new browser window. I know this is an IE issue, not CRM, but I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this and knows how to fix it. Thanks. Have you installed the service pack 2 for IE6??? If not then that might be the reason or else you might be clicking on the hyperlink. "Dan B" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using CRM...

Home / Office Desk Power Option failed to turn off LCD screen
Hi, My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. I have set my power option as "Home / Office Desk Scheme" which is suppose to turn off my LCD screen after 10 minutes if the PC remains inactive. Lately I find that this feature is not working at all. I need to turn off the screen manually if I play music for long hours. May I know what are the possible causes and how to deal with this problem ? Thanks Low On Feb 2, 2:05=A0pm, Mr. Low <Mr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. > > I have set my p...

CTRL-C & CTRL-V have stopped working
Excel 2000 on Win98SE I have a multi-sheet project that, until last week, was working just fine. All of a sudden I can't copy and past cells. When I press CTRL-C the cell has the marching ants around it but when I go to paste absolutely nothing happens. As mentioned, this was working just fine so something has changed but I'm stymied. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I've had problems in that area when either Windows search or the Outlook Express search was invoked. Windows Start, search or Outlook Express, ctrl+shift+F Of course I just tried it right now...

Excel2000...use Ctrl-V, not Paste, in macro to Format Axis in a ch
In a macro I would like to use Ctrl-V to paste minimum and maximum values into a chart's "Format Axis". But "Record Macro" translates the keypress Ctrl-V into "Paste". In manual (non-macro) mode, "Edit/Paste" does not work, but Ctrl-V does. So, in the macro, since Ctrl-V is translated into Paste, the macro does not work. How do I get the macro routine to recognize the keypress Ctrl-V without the macro translating it to Paste. I have checked out ASCII and ANSI codes with no success. Assuming you are accessing your data from the same workbook i...

Home user
I'm a home user and having a problem with Outlook 2002. I recently bought WindowsXP Pro with my new Dell 5100 laptop. Dell won't support it, neither will Microsoft. Maybe you can help. - I can send from Outlook fine. - When I send TO Outlook, the new message doesn't show up in my Inbox. But the sender does't get a bounce back. So it appears the message was sent but again, it's not showing up in my Inbox. - Here's the catch. Everything works FINE when I use Outlook Express. My ISP can't figure it out. My IT friends can't figure it out. The server inf...

Customize the Home Page
Is it possible to add a column to the home page which shows Activities Due. I would like to see the contact name or Account Name. Also can you modify the History Windows when you are in an opportunity, I want to easily see when the activity was closed. ...