CTRL+TAB!!!!!!

I know I can jump between workbooks by using 'CTRL+TAB' to
go FORWARD.  Well if I want to go bacwards it will be
CTRL+SHIFT+TAB.

The Problemo...

While im in a writing function mode (In the middle of
writing a formula) I can jump to the next workbook "UP" to
reference something for a vlookup but not "Back" to
another....why?  Please note that I can have up to 20
workbooks open at one time for the purpose of linking thus
if i need to reference the 19th workbook i need to
CTRL+TAB 19 time to get there rather than do a
CTRL+SHIFT+TAB 2 times.  Is it somethint in my options
that I need to adjust?

Hope this is clear as mud.

Help

0
anonymous (74717)

Why can't you use CTRL+PAGEUP or CTRL+PAGEDOWN!!
"Maxwell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know I can jump between workbooks by using 'CTRL+TAB' to
> go FORWARD.  Well if I want to go bacwards it will be
> CTRL+SHIFT+TAB.
>
> The Problemo...
>
> While im in a writing function mode (In the middle of
> writing a formula) I can jump to the next workbook "UP" to
> reference something for a vlookup but not "Back" to
> another....why?  Please note that I can have up to 20
> workbooks open at one time for the purpose of linking thus
> if i need to reference the 19th workbook i need to
> CTRL+TAB 19 time to get there rather than do a
> CTRL+SHIFT+TAB 2 times.  Is it somethint in my options
> that I need to adjust?
>
> Hope this is clear as mud.
>
> Help

Intruder9

CRTL + PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN is used to navigate to worksheets in one workbook.

CRT + TAB is used to navigate to open workbooks.

Gord Dibben   XL2002

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 00:31:55 GMT, "Intruder9"
<Intruderrules@Intruderrules.com> wrote:

>Why can't you use CTRL+PAGEUP or CTRL+PAGEDOWN!!
>"Maxwell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I know I can jump between workbooks by using 'CTRL+TAB' to
>> go FORWARD.  Well if I want to go bacwards it will be
>> CTRL+SHIFT+TAB.
>>
>> The Problemo...
>>
>> While im in a writing function mode (In the middle of
>> writing a formula) I can jump to the next workbook "UP" to
>> reference something for a vlookup but not "Back" to
>> another....why?  Please note that I can have up to 20
>> workbooks open at one time for the purpose of linking thus
>> if i need to reference the 19th workbook i need to
>> CTRL+TAB 19 time to get there rather than do a
>> CTRL+SHIFT+TAB 2 times.  Is it somethint in my options
>> that I need to adjust?
>>
>> Hope this is clear as mud.
>>
>> Help

0
Gord
12/6/2003 12:53:07 AM
Gord,

While editing inside a function in a formula, Ctrl-Tab takes you forward
through the workbooks where you can select cells for cell references in the
function.  But Ctrl-Shift-Tab seems to end the process, as if you'd pressed
Enter.  THEN it selects one workbook back.  Not only that, it sets up the
formula as an array formula!  (Unless there's an error).  I guess the
Ctrl-Shift did that.  Excel 2002 or 97.

--
Earl Kiosterud

> Intruder9
>
> CRTL + PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN is used to navigate to worksheets in one
workbook.

> CRT + TAB is used to navigate to open workbooks.
>
> Gord Dibben   XL2002
>
> On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 00:31:55 GMT, "Intruder9"
> <Intruderrules@Intruderrules.com> wrote:
>
> >Why can't you use CTRL+PAGEUP or CTRL+PAGEDOWN!!
> >"Maxwell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> I know I can jump between workbooks by using 'CTRL+TAB' to
> >> go FORWARD.  Well if I want to go bacwards it will be
> >> CTRL+SHIFT+TAB.
> >>
> >> The Problemo...
> >>
> >> While im in a writing function mode (In the middle of
> >> writing a formula) I can jump to the next workbook "UP" to
> >> reference something for a vlookup but not "Back" to
> >> another....why?  Please note that I can have up to 20
> >> workbooks open at one time for the purpose of linking thus
> >> if i need to reference the 19th workbook i need to
> >> CTRL+TAB 19 time to get there rather than do a
> >> CTRL+SHIFT+TAB 2 times.  Is it somethint in my options
> >> that I need to adjust?
> >>
> >> Hope this is clear as mud.
> >>
> >> Help

0
nowhere8060 (363)
12/6/2003 3:09:11 PM
Thanks Earl

I was not responding to OP but to Intruder9 who suggested CRTL + PAGEUP and
PAGEDOWN as a method of navigation, which did not fit this particular
scenario.

Was aware of the CRTL + TAB function and the apparent mis-functioning CRTL +
SHIFT + TAB while entering a formula.

Gord

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 10:09:11 -0500, "Earl Kiosterud" <nowhere@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Gord,
>
>While editing inside a function in a formula, Ctrl-Tab takes you forward
>through the workbooks where you can select cells for cell references in the
>function.  But Ctrl-Shift-Tab seems to end the process, as if you'd pressed
>Enter.  THEN it selects one workbook back.  Not only that, it sets up the
>formula as an array formula!  (Unless there's an error).  I guess the
>Ctrl-Shift did that.  Excel 2002 or 97.

0
Gord

URGENT
When I try saving a MICROSOFT EXCEL File with Thai Characters as TAB DELIMITED, the resulting file when opened with NOTEPAD does not show THAI instead it shows QUESTION MARKS like ( ????? ). If anyone know how to fix this please let me know, your help is appreciated. I used windows XP and have configured the input languages for Thai Keyboard, I dont run a Thai OS but in a machine with THAI OS the same thing is happening. Thanks Hi Jeab, You would have to have a proper codepage to see a THAI alphabet. Also some languages use double byte characters. You can't have more than 256...

CTRL+1 and CTRL+ALT+T problems
When I use the CTRL+1 shortcut in Outlook 2007, it opens the mail view which is good. Problem is, it selects the default Inbox folder that I don't use. I have to scroll down the list of folders to get to my actual Inboxes. Is there a way to specify which Inbox Outlook selects when using the CTRL+1 command? What if I was to just delete the empty default Inbox that it always lands on? My second question is, why doesn't Outlook 2007 bring up a new task window when typing the CTRL+ALT+T command? I was told this should work even if you're in a different program or ...

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not working?
I have a coworker whose Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcut keys do not work in Excel XP. No one else in our work group has this problem. We checked with our IT support person and he is stumped as well. He can right-click and copy/paste that way...but cannot copy/paste using the shortcut keys. Any ideas? Try opening excel in safe mode: Windows Start button Excel /safe Do you still have the problem? If no, then maybe there's a "helpful" macro that's stealing your ctrl-c/ctrl-V's. Do any of the ctrl- shortcuts work? (maybe it's a malfunctioning keyboard). Ryan Sp...

TAB Key #3
Evertime I hit my tab key it takes my cursor from cell A1 to cell L1 (the entire page), instead of from A1 to B1, etc. I've looked everywhere to correct this and tried many combinations. How can I get the TAB key to move the cursor one cell at a time? THANKS! Go to Tools > Options > Transition tab and uncheck the box that reads "Transition Navigation Keys". HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Evertime I hit my tab key it takes my cursor from cell A1 >to cell L1 (the entire page), instead of from A1 to B1, >etc. I've looked everyw...

Tab Entry Key
I have what I feel like is the stupidest question ever... In user preferences you can set the entry key, we have always set it to the "TAB" key ... but in Dynamics GP version 9.0 and prior for example when you enter an account number into the Detail inquiry window and press the tab key, the data filled in below, but now in GP 10.0 the tab key only tabs back and forth between the 2 parts of the account number, the bottom does not fill in until I click the "Redisplay" button. This is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. Is this a "feature" change or ...

How to prevent access to Exchange Advanced Tab in Active Directory
Hi there, I want to prevent administrators being able to go to the Exchange Advanced Tab in Active Directory and grant other accounts Mailbox Rights to a users Mailbox. What we have is a scenario where one of our Exchange Servers at our site holds our Executive Store and we do not want Admin users granting other accounts the right to view items from this store. We have other stores where we do not mind what happens. I also would be keen to know what permissions to deny to prevent Admin users being able to move users out of the mailstore that we have prevented the access of from Acti...

Multiple items when ALT + Tab
Why is it that if I have one spreadsheet open and I go to switch to another application with alt + tab I see two instances of Excel. One of the icons has the program icon and is labeled "Microsoft Excel - Spreadsheet Name" and the other is represented by a worksheet icon with "File Name". Kind of annoying when flipping back and forth frequently. I think Word does this as well. You're using xl2k or xl2002? It sounds like you have Tools|Options|View|Windows in Taskbar enabled. This gives excel that same single document interface that Word has. (I don't li...

Adding Custom Button to get Pricing tab for current item
I am trying to create a custom button to get a shortcut which goes to the item property of the current item and displays the pricing tab details (which displays Price, Cost, Price A, etc.) Is this a possibility? Also, I am looking for a way to prompt for qty line when scanning items instead of defaulting to 1- not sure if this requires an add-on. Thanks, Khurum While on the current item, go to the second column "description" and press F2 for details. You could set an Item Message to remind the cashier to specify the quantity on some items, but to prompt for the number w...

PreTranslateMessage and Ctrl + A
Hello NG, how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) { pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? } Thanks for help, Guido On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:42:17 +0200, "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote: >Hello NG, > >how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? > > if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) > { > pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > } > >Thanks ...

Tab order problem
I have a dialog box (MAIN) with two buttons( Ok ,Cancel) and a tab control. In the tab control I have two tabs with corresponding pages.(page style->child) One of the pages contains three text boxes. My problem is that the tab order runs within the page only and does not go to the Ok button. Similarly, in the dialog box(MAIN), the tab order is omitting the tab control.The focus is between 'Ok' and 'Cancel' only. How to make this work? Thank you... You have to set the tab control style as: MyTabControl.ModifyStyleEx(0, WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT); You also need to modify the ...

Requerying data on differnet tab
I have looked through other posts but can't seem to get this to work: I have a main form "F_Jobs". Then a tab control on this main form. On page 1 of the tab control I have a form F_AddJobs. When I make a selection from a control ("cboxJobs")on this F_AddJobs form I want a the form on Page 2 of the tab control (F_JobsQuote) to requery. F_JobsQuote is based on a query that uses the selection I referred to on the F_AddJobs - cboxJobs control. I am trying to add code that will requery the this F_JobsQuote form each time a different selection is made on cboxJ...

INSERT INTO Via Cross Tab
I am trying to add & distribute yearly sales of an year in to months and inserting them in a table. And for all this purpose I am trying to use single/one query. I am first using insert into and than using pivot. On a website I saw the below pivot query and I only added INSERT INTO tableXXX of my own, INSERT INTO tblXXX TRANSFORM Sum(Sales) AS [Gross Total] SELECT product, FROM tblSales GROUP BY product PIVOT Format(Date,"mmm") In "Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep",...

Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn
I have a workbook in Excel 97 with two windows. One is PipeBook.xls:1 and the other is PipeBook.xls:2. I would like to disable the function of Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn in the window PipeBook.xls:2, however leave the function available for window PipeBook.xls:1. Is that possible? take a look at SCROLLAREA in vba help.Put your code in the ThisWorkbook module in the Open_Workbook macro. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Keith Hueston" <kahueston@sgvwater.com> wrote in message news:6af001c35850$f204e1a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a work...

My Ctrl+D doesn't work, how can I reset?
In excel my fill down shortcut does not work. Ctrl+D. Where are these shortcut viewed and possibly reset? There are only two ways I can think of that can prevent Ctrl-d from acting to do a fill down. One is if an external program intercepts that keystroke before it gets to Excel. The other is if, within Excel, that keystroke has been assigned to a macro. One way to check the latter possibility quickly is to start Excel in safe mode. From Start->Run enter "excel.exe /s" (without quotes, there is s pace before the slash). If Ctrl-d works then you know it is a macro lo...

Dissappearing settings tab
OK, I have CRM 3.0 working and everything seems to be running fine except for access to the settings tab on the client. For some reason when I'm logged in as an Small Business Server 2003 authenticated user when I load up CRM in a web browser the "Settings" tab is not there. My role is an administrator. However if I logon locally to my computer and not as an authenticaed SBS user I point my browser to the server and it asks me to provide my login details as I'm not authenticated. When I do so through the CRM interface I then get the Settings tab showing! It's ...

Ctrl shift end
I use ctrl shift end to select a range of data which works well most of the time. But I often import a large spreadsheet that I have to cut and paste to reduce to a much smaller size. My problem is that even if all the surplus data is deleted when I use ctrl shift + end to select the data range it still remembers the original range and not the smaller reduced range. I have tried clearing cells, deleting cells but to no avail. The only way I have found to work around this is to copy the revised spreadsheet to another sheet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks Try touch...

Horizontal scrolling while tabbing in a listview
How would one go about ensuring that the view scrolled automatically when tabbing in a list view? ...

tabbing view
how implement a sort of tabbing view like Visual C++ 6 debug window or excel view This was discusse in MSJ few years ago: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0599/c/c0599.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "jp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01d801c3c093$47017830$a001280a@phx.gbl... | how implement a sort of tabbing view like Visual C++ 6 | debug window or excel view The classes from CodeJock and Dundas both have tabbed view containers with either the normal or flat tab (like Excel) tab look. www.dundas.com www.codejock.com also...

tab moves screen
Access2003 when one tabs between fields the screen will move up/down left/right as needed so the cursor is viewable on screen. but when one tabs inside a subform this doesn't occur - so someone doing data entry from a paper document , without looking at their screen, tabs out of the viewing area and then looks up and isn't sure where they are.... I tried inset a SetFocus from the AfterUpdate subform control temporarily to a control on the main form that would coincidentally reorient the screen viewing area - which will work if the cursor is going into this new control......bu...

How can I define or set the tab order in a form using Publisher
I am trying to set the tab order so that users can quickly fill out a form using Publisher 2003 You can set tabs for each line, this article has a graphical explanation http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051150711033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JDP" <JDP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF076B3C-E100-4321-8EBD-5BAC65BB300C@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set the tab order so that users can quickly fill out a form > using Publisher 2003 I am not trying to s...

Can I make a single tab disabled instead of the whole tab control?
For example, a tab control has 3 pages(tabs), and what I want to do is to make the first page(tab) disabled. Thanks for any help! The way I handle this in my application is like the following. This does not disable the tab, but it removes the text. Then I have other code in the property sheet that detects if the disabled tab is selected and makes the next tab active instead. // in the property sheet class CTabCtrl* pTab = GetTabControl(); ASSERT (pTab); TC_ITEM ti; char szText[2]; ti.mask = TCIF_TEXT; ti.pszText = szText; ti.cchTextMax = 1; VERIFY( pTab->GetItem( nPage, &ti)); st...

Worksheet tab
Is there any way to give Worksheet tabs different colours, either text or background? -- Stuart Johnson in Peterhead, Scotland stuart@stannsulynFILTER.org.uk To reply by e-mail remove FILTER Hi Stuart This functionality is available in ver 2002 and above (you can set tab colour by right mouse clicking on the tab) but it is not available at all in previous versions. Cheers JulieD "Stuart Johnson" <stuart@stannsulynFILTER.org.uk> wrote in message news:1107440333.2885cbbb5ec95ab1ee94759060893d40@teranews... > Is there any way to give Worksheet tabs different colours, ei...

Cross tab query 04-06-10
Hi - I have this query below, but the data do not have First quarter, so how can I list them on the report? Thank you for any reply. Query come out with the result like this: County Countyname Q2 Q3 Q4 TRANSFORM Count([client].[county]) AS CountOfCountycode SELECT [client].[county], [CountyCode].[Countyname] FROM client INNER JOIN CountyCode ON [client].[county]=[CountyCode].[Cntycode] GROUP BY [client].[county], [CountyCode].[Countyname] PIVOT "Q" & Format([cln_cls_dt],"q"); Change to -- PIVOT "Q" & Format([cln_cls_dt],"q...

[Ctrl]+[PgDn] and [Ctrl]+[PgUp]
I've involuntarily upgraded to Excel 2002/XP. It has lots of lovely security settings when protecting worksheets. When I _UN_check 'Select locked cells' when protecting worksheets, the [Ctrl]+[PgDn] and [Ctrl]+[PgUp] key combinations then function no differently than [Alt]+[PgDn] and [Alt]+[PgUp] (so the same as they did back in Excel 4 and prior), paging right and left within the protected worksheet rather than moving between worksheets. If this isn't a bug, I don't know the meaning of the term. Has anyone else come across it? There's no mention of it when searching *...

Cannot insert/move/copy tabs
The sheets tab at the bottom of the screen? In excell I have a bunch of spreadsheets where the insert / delete / rename / etc... is greyed out. The File > Properties is also greyed out. I can make changes and save the doc, just not change the sheets -- Dave Sounds like the workbook is protected. Go to Tools on the menubar, then Protection. Unprotect the workbook. James David Allen wrote: > The sheets tab at the bottom of the screen? > In excell I have a bunch of spreadsheets where the insert / delete / rename > / etc... > is greyed out. The File > Properties is ...