CTRL+Shift+Arrow Doesn't Work

Since yesterday I've not been able to use the ctrl+shift shortcut to select
data ranges.  I press the keys and nothing happens.  I can still use other
ctrl shortcuts, this is the only one that isn't functional.  Does anyone know
what could be the cause?

Thanks,

Elon
0
Elon (2)

I just wanted to add that this is for excel 2003 sp1.

"Elon" wrote:

> Since yesterday I've not been able to use the ctrl+shift shortcut to select
> data ranges.  I press the keys and nothing happens.  I can still use other
> ctrl shortcuts, this is the only one that isn't functional.  Does anyone know
> what could be the cause?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Elon
0
Elon (2)
5/24/2005 5:03:15 PM
Take your keyboard, turn it upside down and shake to dislodge any foreign
material -- verify that there are no stuck keys -- (Alt)

This is the biggest culprit I have seen in this problem

"Elon" <Elon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Since yesterday I've not been able to use the ctrl+shift shortcut to select
: data ranges.  I press the keys and nothing happens.  I can still use other
: ctrl shortcuts, this is the only one that isn't functional.  Does anyone know
: what could be the cause?
:
: Thanks,
:
: Elon

0
nospam202 (664)

getting a sumif statement to work across multiple files
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to get a sumif statement to wor across different files. Currently I have three files, one for currency conversions, one fo items purchased for specific accounts, and third the cover shee listing balances for all the accounts. The cover sheet has a sumif statement linking once to the currenc conversion file and once to the items purchased file, for differen items. When I do this however, it gives me a '#VALUE' response. As soo as I open the file, it links properly, but once I close it the erro pops up. Also, if I combine the three spreadsheets ...

Fomating arrow on comment boxes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi, I have inserted a comment in my spreadsheet, and the arrow is pointing to a cell. I want to format the direction the arrow is pointing or eliminate it, but the &quot;format comment arrow&quot; is grayed out in the &quot;format comment menu&quot;. What do I do to activate it? <br> Thanks, <br> Susan On 4/29/10 10:31 AM, gtclover@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power > PC Hi, I have inserted a comment in my spr...

Table of Contens not working in Panther
I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS X Panther 10.3.2 Inside of WORD X, I cannot get the TABLE OF CONTENTS function using the “index and tables…” option on the “Insert” menu to work. I keep getting the following message; Error! No table of contents entries found. On 2/23/04 6:11 PM, in article 3A5F8892-758A-481D-A225-C00BBAECD7F6@microsoft.com, "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS > X Panther 10.3.2 Inside of WORD X, I cannot get th...

CTRL+1 and CTRL+ALT+T problems
When I use the CTRL+1 shortcut in Outlook 2007, it opens the mail view which is good. Problem is, it selects the default Inbox folder that I don't use. I have to scroll down the list of folders to get to my actual Inboxes. Is there a way to specify which Inbox Outlook selects when using the CTRL+1 command? What if I was to just delete the empty default Inbox that it always lands on? My second question is, why doesn't Outlook 2007 bring up a new task window when typing the CTRL+ALT+T command? I was told this should work even if you're in a different program or ...

My right click menu is not working.
I used to be able to right click with my mouse and get a menu that would allow me to copy, paste etc... I have lost that ability... How do I get it back... I know it is something simple... Try typing this in the VBE immediate window application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled=true -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Right click mouse in excel to copy" <Right click mouse in excel to copy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F811C55-FD84-4747-9E9F-469D62C4E07A@microsoft.com... > I used to be able to right click wit...

List Boxes Up & Down arrows
Hello Is it possible to detect when the user presses the up and down buttons on a list box - there doesn't seem to be any event that will do it. Nicholas >Is it possible to detect when the user presses the up and down buttons on a >list box - there doesn't seem to be any event that will do it. Nicholas, You can sub-class (derive a class in MFC) the control and handle the WM_KEYXXX messages in the derived class. Do you really want to distinguish between keyboard and mouse operations that way though? Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq by the side of the list ...

Shifting data
I have a very long column of data around 5000 cells long. Is there a way to shift just the even or just the odd cells to the next column? The evens are names.. the odds are offices. I need to be able to categorize them. There must be a way I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance Tony, try- =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=0,$A2,"") OR---- =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,$A2,"") regards, JohnI "Tony Corneto" <tony@orbitaltours.com> wrote in message news:39d301c374c4$b8c3fd50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a very long column of data around 5000 cells > long...

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not working?
I have a coworker whose Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcut keys do not work in Excel XP. No one else in our work group has this problem. We checked with our IT support person and he is stumped as well. He can right-click and copy/paste that way...but cannot copy/paste using the shortcut keys. Any ideas? Try opening excel in safe mode: Windows Start button Excel /safe Do you still have the problem? If no, then maybe there's a "helpful" macro that's stealing your ctrl-c/ctrl-V's. Do any of the ctrl- shortcuts work? (maybe it's a malfunctioning keyboard). Ryan Sp...

Hi I setup a toolbar icon to automate the delete-shift cells up function but sometimes it shifts cells up and other times it shifts them to the left, how can i have it just do shift UP? thanks Ralph Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp should always move the cells up. Regards Trevor "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5EBAE8B-1663-4A76-975A-A69CB645738A@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I setup a toolbar icon to automate the delete-shift cells up function but > sometimes it shifts cells up and other times it shifts them to the left, > ho...

Change Status by Worklfow not working!
I had a simple workflow to change account's status to active. The workflow is an "On demend" one. The workflow is running succeeded. The line in workflow isfor change record status is done. But the inactive account is not changed to active!!! No error found at all. The same workflow is working at another CRM installation(with rollupdate 2). The one has porblem is on rollupdate 4. Any help is great. Thanks -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ ...

Adding templates to the Work menu
I have a couple of templates that i use regularly inmy job and I would like to add them to the Work menu in Word 2008. Is there a way of doing this? I know I can just open the project gallery and do it from there but, as a speed freak, saving a few clicks would be a boon! And if I could add new pages from the same file that would be even better :) Thanks in advance -- -- Mark Hi Mark; You can add the templates to the Work menu but you'll actually be opening the template when you select one from there, not creating a new file based on the template. What you might con...

Analytical Accounting should work with Allocation Accounts
Analytical Accouting should allow posting to Allocation Accounts and roll down the allocation dollars to the distribution accounts just as it rolls down general ledger dollars to the allocation distribution accounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. htt...

How do I get my arrows to scroll the cells not the page?
I hit something by mistake which changed the way my arrow keys interact with Excel. The arrow keys now scroll the page instead of changing the active cell. How do I change this back? Chistine, sounds like you hit scroll lock on the key board -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Chistine" <Chistine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30447D7B-F145-41F6-ADEB-37AC2F7D5D8C@microsoft.com... >...

Control, Alt, Delete won't work!
My computer hangs up often and when I try to unstick it with Control, Alt, Delete, the computer doesn't respond...can anyone tell me why this is happening and what to do about it? Pooh Not really an Excel question...... but have a look at the quoted message following. .................................................................... I visited http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm and saw this: Task Manager - Control/Alt/Delete - Doesn't work Check your settings here: For Pro Start/Run/gpedit.msc. User Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Crtl+Alt+Del Options. In t...

Redo button does not work
When using the Undo button, the Redo button periodically is not available. It is sporadic, sometimes allowing me to redo, and other times not (on the same worksheet). Why does this happen? Is there an Add-in or other property setting that I need to adjust? Hi Dlemma2, The UNDO is disabled by running a macro. Take note if a macro has just been run when the UNDO is not working. I'm not sure if there are other things that disable the UNDO feature. HTH Regards, Howard "Dlemma2" <Dlemma2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:983899C2-6D74-44E8-AC0C-4B3E0...

Graph from a PIVOT table: update not working. Please Help!
Hello everyone ! I have an question for experts : I am trying to create a tool to allow users to see 1 graph the result of a table: let me explain the problem: the table is a PIVOT table. So when I change the PIVOT table (= it adds different data in a range of cell determined) It seems working very well for the first graph (the graph is doen wih the good data). But when I update the pivot table the graph doesn’t make any changes (it keeps old first data). I have to redefine the source data manually (the data series are good but the selection is not working!!) . Do you know a way to solv...

search feature not working
Sometimes the search feature will not find a field but then a few minutes later it will work. This also happens in Word. Hi! Can you give specifics? Numbers? Text? If numbers, are they exact o approximate? How are you searching? Have you looked at the data other ways e.g. with Autofilter? Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

"Move to Folder" does not work but brings up an email form
Outlook is not working right. ---- "Advance Find" I right click on a result and then click on "Move to Folder" I select the designated folder, and it does not work. An email form is generated for the recipient instead. How do I get it to "Move to Folder" ? Do I abandon Outlook and go back to Outlook Express? outlook version? detect and repair not working? scanpst.exe? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scrat...

does Office vX work with Panther (10.3)?
hi, i have a G3 ibook and i am thinking of upgrading to 10.3? If i do the upgrade, will: a) my Office vX work? b) i need to reinstall it? many thanks. this is a great group! constantine ct <ctheodo8@otenet.gr> wrote: > i have a G3 ibook and i am thinking of upgrading to 10.3? If i do the > upgrade, will: > > a) my Office vX work? Yes. > b) i need to reinstall it? Only if you do an Erase and Install. Otherwise, the Office applications folder (as well as the Microsoft User Data and the preferences in your home folder) should be preserved. i appreciate your inpu...

My hyperlinks quit working
Please tell me why my hyperlinks in email messages do not work. Everything was fine before yesterday and now they do not work. ...

PreTranslateMessage and Ctrl + A
Hello NG, how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) { pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? } Thanks for help, Guido On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:42:17 +0200, "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote: >Hello NG, > >how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? > > if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) > { > pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > } > >Thanks ...

Not receiving any inbound email, outbound works fine.
I have new Comcast hi speed service and new computer with Vista Home Premium, Office Pro 2007 and MS Outlook. Everything works but my inbound email. Comcast has tried to help and their messages get through and so do MS Outlook test messages, but nothing else. Have turned off anti-virus email scanning on both in and outbound emails. Firewall still running. Ports re-set to Comcast's specs. Still can't receive ANY inbound email from anyone else. JournalistJane <JournalistJane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have new Comcast hi speed service and new computer with Vist...

Working with hours
Hi, I have two columns of hours in [h]:mm format. Column A1 is reading 148:00 and column B1 is reading 175:00. I have a formula that says B1-A1 giving me the correct answer 27:00. In the next row, I have the same formula but with the hours 148:00 in A2 and 140:00 in B2. I would like the answer to read -8:00. Is this possible? When I try it, I get a load of hashes. I've tried changing the formatting but nothing seems to work. Hope you can help, Thanks H You can't use negative time values in Excel unless you use the Mac's datesystem under tools>options>calculation and ...

wait cursor not working
Does anyone know of any issues with CWaitCursor and AfxBeginThread? If I begin a thread from a dialog's initinstance, and call CWaitCursor from within the MainFunc of the thread, the cursor does not change to an hourglass but remains an arrow. Has anyone has similar experiences? Jeremy. >Does anyone know of any issues with CWaitCursor and AfxBeginThread? > >If I begin a thread from a dialog's initinstance, and call CWaitCursor from >within the MainFunc of the thread, the cursor does not change to an >hourglass but remains an arrow. Jeremy, The cursor will only ch...

Junk Mail Filter seems not work
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 installed, and turned on junk mail filter (Tools -> Options -> Preferences -> Jun Email -> High). It seems that this function never works on my machine. If I logon to another machine with my NT account inside same domain, Outlook 2003 on that machine works, and it moves some junk mails to "Junk-Email" folder, but it never happens on my local machine. What else do I need to configurate? I am lost. -- WWW: http://www.imagestation.com/members/hardywang ICQ: 3359839 yours Hardy Are you using Cached Exchange Mode on the machine where t...