CTRL+SHIFT+) is not working in Excel 2007

Hi,

I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine.

When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getting hide. But when i am
using CTRL+SHIFT+), my hided columns are not showing up.

If there is any workaround, please let em know

Hi,

This hasn't changed in E2007. To Hide as you correctly say hold CTRL and tap 0
To unhide you have to select the columns either side of the hidden column(s)
then CTRL+Shift +0

Mike

"Nagender Rathi" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine.
>
> When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getting hide. But when i am
> using CTRL+SHIFT+), my hided columns are not showing up.
>
> If there is any workaround, please let em know
Hi Mike,

Thanks for replying

But my CTRL+Shift +0 is not working to unhide the hidden column(s).

Any workaround?

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This hasn't changed in E2007. To Hide as you correctly say hold CTRL and tap 0
> To unhide you have to select the columns either side of the hidden column(s)
> then CTRL+Shift +0
>
> Mike
>
> "Nagender Rathi" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine.
> >
> > When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getting hide. But when i am
> > using CTRL+SHIFT+), my hided columns are not showing up.
> >
> > If there is any workaround, please let em know
Does your SHIFT key work for other functions or shortcuts?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 07:20:01 -0800, Nagender Rathi
<NagenderRathi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Mike,
>
>Thanks for replying
>
>But my CTRL+Shift +0 is not working to unhide the hidden column(s).
>
>Any workaround?
>

>"Mike H" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This hasn't changed in E2007. To Hide as you correctly say hold CTRL and tap 0
>> To unhide you have to select the columns either side of the hidden column(s)
>> then CTRL+Shift +0
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> "Nagender Rathi" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine.
>> >
>> > When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getting hide. But when i am
>> > using CTRL+SHIFT+), my hided columns are not showing up.
>> >
>> > If there is any workaround, please let em know

0
Gord
12/23/2009 5:28:11 PM
yes my  SHIFT key works  for other functions or shortcuts

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Does your SHIFT key work for other functions or shortcuts?
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 07:20:01 -0800, Nagender Rathi
> <NagenderRathi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi Mike,
> >
> >Thanks for replying
> >
> >But my CTRL+Shift +0 is not working to unhide the hidden column(s).
> >
> >Any workaround?
> >

> >"Mike H" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> This hasn't changed in E2007. To Hide as you correctly say hold CTRL and tap 0
> >> To unhide you have to select the columns either side of the hidden column(s)
> >> then CTRL+Shift +0
> >>
> >> Mike

> .

I cannot replicate the problem.

C + S + 0  works for me.

Out of guesses assuming you do select columns before and after as Mike
suggested.

Gord

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 01:15:01 -0800, Nagender Rathi
<NagenderRathi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>yes my  SHIFT key works  for other functions or shortcuts
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Does your SHIFT key work for other functions or shortcuts?
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 07:20:01 -0800, Nagender Rathi
>> <NagenderRathi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Mike,
>> >
>> >Thanks for replying
>> >
>> >But my CTRL+Shift +0 is not working to unhide the hidden column(s).
>> >
>> >Any workaround?

>> .

0
Gord

How do I format cells in excel to allow me to hit return key ?
I am trying to type several lines of text into a cell on a worksheet and when I come to the end of the first sentence, and hit return, it automatically places the curser in the next cell instead of going to the next line in the same cell. Please help! To put a "hard carriage return" in a string of text Hold down the [alt] key when you press [Enter] Does that help? -- Regards, Ron "excel novice" wrote: > I am trying to type several lines of text into a cell on a worksheet and when > I come to the end of the first sentence, and hit return, it automatically &...

CTRL+1 and CTRL+ALT+T problems
When I use the CTRL+1 shortcut in Outlook 2007, it opens the mail view which is good. Problem is, it selects the default Inbox folder that I don't use. I have to scroll down the list of folders to get to my actual Inboxes. Is there a way to specify which Inbox Outlook selects when using the CTRL+1 command? What if I was to just delete the empty default Inbox that it always lands on? My second question is, why doesn't Outlook 2007 bring up a new task window when typing the CTRL+ALT+T command? I was told this should work even if you're in a different program or ...

Duplicate entries in excel spreadsheet
I have lists of attendees to an annual event. I've taken the lists and combined them, and sorted them by first and last name alpha. I want to keep the names and corresponding collumns for those that attended my event more than once and dump the rest. Is there a way to sort them quickly as i have over 15,000 names. Cheers! I'd insert two new columns before the list, say A and B. In the first data row in B, say B2, I'd enter a formula that combines the first and last names to create a field the uniquely identifies each record: =C2&D2 and copy it down to all records. N...

Excel & 'file already open' message
When I try to open an excel file I had previously used I get the file already open message (I have already checked the option to 'ignore open files' in preferences). When I search for the file name I find them in my computer with internet explorer icons and when I click to remove them it asks me if I'm sure I want to remove the history file. I am just concerned that someone is accessing them online. I have Norton Internet security 2006 and no intrusions are detected. I also scan the files and do a virus scan. The file will open without the 'file open' error message after I ...

My right click menu is not working.
I used to be able to right click with my mouse and get a menu that would allow me to copy, paste etc... I have lost that ability... How do I get it back... I know it is something simple... Try typing this in the VBE immediate window application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled=true -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Right click mouse in excel to copy" <Right click mouse in excel to copy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F811C55-FD84-4747-9E9F-469D62C4E07A@microsoft.com... > I used to be able to right click wit...

getting a sumif statement to work across multiple files
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to get a sumif statement to wor across different files. Currently I have three files, one for currency conversions, one fo items purchased for specific accounts, and third the cover shee listing balances for all the accounts. The cover sheet has a sumif statement linking once to the currenc conversion file and once to the items purchased file, for differen items. When I do this however, it gives me a '#VALUE' response. As soo as I open the file, it links properly, but once I close it the erro pops up. Also, if I combine the three spreadsheets ...

Excel Freezes
I have one user that is having a problem with excel freezing. The laptop contains Office XP with SP3 installed. Everytime they try to close excel the program freezes. Any ideas.... Thanks KMD Hi KMD! Most probable cause is too much accumulated junk in: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\local settings\temp directory It could be a bloated xlb file but I think that this has been cured in Excel 2002 (XP) as I�ve not seen any reports of it happening. However if emptying out the Temp file doesn't stop the problem, search for *.xlb, re-name or delete it if it is larger than (sa...

Error Message while using the send to option in Excel or Word
The message "Could not open one or more attachments" pops up whenever we use the "send to" option in Excel or Word. Any ideas why? What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer pating <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | The message "Could not open one or more attachments" pops | up whenever we use the "send to" option in Excel or Word. ...

Table of Contens not working in Panther
I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS X Panther 10.3.2 Inside of WORD X, I cannot get the TABLE OF CONTENTS function using the “index and tables…” option on the “Insert” menu to work. I keep getting the following message; Error! No table of contents entries found. On 2/23/04 6:11 PM, in article 3A5F8892-758A-481D-A225-C00BBAECD7F6@microsoft.com, "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS > X Panther 10.3.2 Inside of WORD X, I cannot get th...

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...

Money 2006 - Canada
When I update prices in Portfolio Manager, all the stocks update fine, but none of the mutual fund prices have changed this year. I checked the "Pick Quotes to Download" pop-up and everything looks fine there. Any ideas? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050800080507010306050805 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0 *Canadian Mutual Funds not updating* *When: *Dec 31, 2006 *Effect: * When looking up the price (NAV) of...

Need help w/ excel formula (duplicate entry)
Hello, I am not sure if this is possible but I would like write a formula that would recognize a duplicate entry under same column. e.g., column A has heading of Sample ID# and under is sample ID# in random order. If an entry of ID is then made but if it is a repeat of the ID that was previously entered, I would like to it to give some kind of warning message. Thank you. You may want to read some of Chip Pearson's techniques for dealing with duplicates: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Visit Chip Pearson's site for a Data|validation solution: http://www.cpearson.com/ex...

Shifting data
I have a very long column of data around 5000 cells long. Is there a way to shift just the even or just the odd cells to the next column? The evens are names.. the odds are offices. I need to be able to categorize them. There must be a way I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance Tony, try- =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=0,$A2,"") OR---- =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,$A2,"") regards, JohnI "Tony Corneto" <tony@orbitaltours.com> wrote in message news:39d301c374c4$b8c3fd50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a very long column of data around 5000 cells > long...

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not working?
I have a coworker whose Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcut keys do not work in Excel XP. No one else in our work group has this problem. We checked with our IT support person and he is stumped as well. He can right-click and copy/paste that way...but cannot copy/paste using the shortcut keys. Any ideas? Try opening excel in safe mode: Windows Start button Excel /safe Do you still have the problem? If no, then maybe there's a "helpful" macro that's stealing your ctrl-c/ctrl-V's. Do any of the ctrl- shortcuts work? (maybe it's a malfunctioning keyboard). Ryan Sp...

Hi I setup a toolbar icon to automate the delete-shift cells up function but sometimes it shifts cells up and other times it shifts them to the left, how can i have it just do shift UP? thanks Ralph Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp should always move the cells up. Regards Trevor "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5EBAE8B-1663-4A76-975A-A69CB645738A@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I setup a toolbar icon to automate the delete-shift cells up function but > sometimes it shifts cells up and other times it shifts them to the left, > ho...

Change Status by Worklfow not working!
I had a simple workflow to change account's status to active. The workflow is an "On demend" one. The workflow is running succeeded. The line in workflow isfor change record status is done. But the inactive account is not changed to active!!! No error found at all. The same workflow is working at another CRM installation(with rollupdate 2). The one has porblem is on rollupdate 4. Any help is great. Thanks -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ ...

Sorting by multiple names in excel
Here's the problem I have. We receive word documents with names (first, last). Is there a way to dump these names into Excel and sort by the last name? Or is there a way to paste the names into seperate cells? Example (1 cell): Katie Mac Stewie Long Dan Agerert Sorted to: Dan Agerert Katie Mac Stewie Long Hi Scotty Easiest option is to use the Data / Text to Columns feature to separate the names (delimited & space as the character) Select the column with the names in it - ensure that there's a blank column to the right, choose Data / Text to Columns Choose delimited click...

Opening Excel files that were created on a Mac in Windows
The other day I tried to open an excel file that I had created on my mac on a Windows computer. When I went to do this all of the formatting I had done on the Mac was lost and everything was set to the Windows Default. I had the font, sizing, and placement of everything different and it all went back to the Windows Default format. Does anyone know how to get around this?? So for when I send an Excel file I created on my Mac to a Windows computer it LOOKS exactly the same as far as formatting. Thanks Neil What format are you saving it in on the Mac? It should be "Excel Workbook"...

search feature not working
Sometimes the search feature will not find a field but then a few minutes later it will work. This also happens in Word. Hi! Can you give specifics? Numbers? Text? If numbers, are they exact o approximate? How are you searching? Have you looked at the data other ways e.g. with Autofilter? Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Graph from a PIVOT table: update not working. Please Help!
Hello everyone ! I have an question for experts : I am trying to create a tool to allow users to see 1 graph the result of a table: let me explain the problem: the table is a PIVOT table. So when I change the PIVOT table (= it adds different data in a range of cell determined) It seems working very well for the first graph (the graph is doen wih the good data). But when I update the pivot table the graph doesn’t make any changes (it keeps old first data). I have to redefine the source data manually (the data series are good but the selection is not working!!) . Do you know a way to solv...

"Move to Folder" does not work but brings up an email form
Outlook is not working right. ---- "Advance Find" I right click on a result and then click on "Move to Folder" I select the designated folder, and it does not work. An email form is generated for the recipient instead. How do I get it to "Move to Folder" ? Do I abandon Outlook and go back to Outlook Express? outlook version? detect and repair not working? scanpst.exe? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scrat...

does Office vX work with Panther (10.3)?
hi, i have a G3 ibook and i am thinking of upgrading to 10.3? If i do the upgrade, will: a) my Office vX work? b) i need to reinstall it? many thanks. this is a great group! constantine ct <ctheodo8@otenet.gr> wrote: > i have a G3 ibook and i am thinking of upgrading to 10.3? If i do the > upgrade, will: > > a) my Office vX work? Yes. > b) i need to reinstall it? Only if you do an Erase and Install. Otherwise, the Office applications folder (as well as the Microsoft User Data and the preferences in your home folder) should be preserved. i appreciate your inpu...

how do i convert excel to csv format
I am trying to convert multi tabs excel file into csv. Can I get all the tabs in csv format in a same file? Tks If you combine all the data into one worksheet in a new workbook, then you could save that workbook as your CSV file. Ron de Bruin has some code at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm that might get you started. baxterr wrote: > > I am trying to convert multi tabs excel file into csv. Can I get all the tabs > in csv format in a same file? > > Tks -- Dave Peterson ...

Deleting Worksheet in excel = 2003 / 2007
How to delete worksheet in excel 2003 / 2007 Hi, Right click on the sheet tab and select delete -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "Sandeep" <Sandeep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54942EE8-CEE8-4DC9-A7DE-8139D0BCEA0E@microsoft.com... > How to delete worksheet in excel 2003 / 2007 ...

MS Money 2007 Online Manual is Atrocious
Any pointers to where I can download an instruction manual to MS Money 2007? The one on the MS Site is the worst ever! I can only open it in a small window that is not able to be resized. There is a table of contents, but no index or search. Had I known that the instructions were going to be so poor, I would have never purchased the program. Am I the only one having difficulties with the instructions? Pat You can get the book Microsoft Money for Dummies "komobu" <curranpg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162681192.806031.74770@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Any poin...