Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn

I have a workbook in Excel 97 with two windows. One is
PipeBook.xls:1 and the other is PipeBook.xls:2. I would
like to disable the function of Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn in
the window PipeBook.xls:2, however leave the function
available for window PipeBook.xls:1. Is that possible?
0
kahueston (1)

take a look at SCROLLAREA in vba help.Put your code in the ThisWorkbook
module in the Open_Workbook macro.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Keith Hueston" <kahueston@sgvwater.com> wrote in message
> I have a workbook in Excel 97 with two windows. One is
> PipeBook.xls:1 and the other is PipeBook.xls:2. I would
> like to disable the function of Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn in
> the window PipeBook.xls:2, however leave the function
> available for window PipeBook.xls:1. Is that possible?

0
Don
8/1/2003 5:44:52 PM
Hi Keith Hueston,

Try this:
- Open your Workbook;
- Press Alt+F11 to open VBE window;
- Double click on ThisWorkbook object;
- Insert the code below:

Private Sub Workbook_WindowActivate(ByVal Wn As Window)
   If Wn.Caption = "PipeBook.xls:2" Then
      Application.OnKey "^{PGUP}", ""
      Application.OnKey "^{PGDN}", ""
   Else
      Application.OnKey "^{PGUP}"
      Application.OnKey "^{PGDN}"
   End If
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Window)
   Application.OnKey "^{PGUP}"
      Application.OnKey "^{PGDN}"
End Sub

HTH

---
Orlando Magalh´┐Żes Filho

(So that you get best and rapid solution and all may benefit from the
discussion, please reply within the newsgroup, not in email)

"Keith Hueston" <kahueston@sgvwater.com> escreveu na mensagem
> I have a workbook in Excel 97 with two windows. One is
> PipeBook.xls:1 and the other is PipeBook.xls:2. I would
> like to disable the function of Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn in
> the window PipeBook.xls:2, however leave the function
> available for window PipeBook.xls:1. Is that possible?

0
orlandof6 (56)

CTRL+1 and CTRL+ALT+T problems
When I use the CTRL+1 shortcut in Outlook 2007, it opens the mail view which is good. Problem is, it selects the default Inbox folder that I don't use. I have to scroll down the list of folders to get to my actual Inboxes. Is there a way to specify which Inbox Outlook selects when using the CTRL+1 command? What if I was to just delete the empty default Inbox that it always lands on? My second question is, why doesn't Outlook 2007 bring up a new task window when typing the CTRL+ALT+T command? I was told this should work even if you're in a different program or ...

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not working?
I have a coworker whose Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcut keys do not work in Excel XP. No one else in our work group has this problem. We checked with our IT support person and he is stumped as well. He can right-click and copy/paste that way...but cannot copy/paste using the shortcut keys. Any ideas? Try opening excel in safe mode: Windows Start button Excel /safe Do you still have the problem? If no, then maybe there's a "helpful" macro that's stealing your ctrl-c/ctrl-V's. Do any of the ctrl- shortcuts work? (maybe it's a malfunctioning keyboard). Ryan Sp...

PreTranslateMessage and Ctrl + A
Hello NG, how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) { pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? } Thanks for help, Guido On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:42:17 +0200, "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote: >Hello NG, > >how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? > > if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) > { > pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > } > >Thanks ...

My Ctrl+D doesn't work, how can I reset?
In excel my fill down shortcut does not work. Ctrl+D. Where are these shortcut viewed and possibly reset? There are only two ways I can think of that can prevent Ctrl-d from acting to do a fill down. One is if an external program intercepts that keystroke before it gets to Excel. The other is if, within Excel, that keystroke has been assigned to a macro. One way to check the latter possibility quickly is to start Excel in safe mode. From Start->Run enter "excel.exe /s" (without quotes, there is s pace before the slash). If Ctrl-d works then you know it is a macro lo...

Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn
I have a workbook in Excel 97 with two windows. One is PipeBook.xls:1 and the other is PipeBook.xls:2. I would like to disable the function of Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn in the window PipeBook.xls:2, however leave the function available for window PipeBook.xls:1. Is that possible? take a look at SCROLLAREA in vba help.Put your code in the ThisWorkbook module in the Open_Workbook macro. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Keith Hueston" <kahueston@sgvwater.com> wrote in message news:6af001c35850$f204e1a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a work...

Ctrl shift end
I use ctrl shift end to select a range of data which works well most of the time. But I often import a large spreadsheet that I have to cut and paste to reduce to a much smaller size. My problem is that even if all the surplus data is deleted when I use ctrl shift + end to select the data range it still remembers the original range and not the smaller reduced range. I have tried clearing cells, deleting cells but to no avail. The only way I have found to work around this is to copy the revised spreadsheet to another sheet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks Try touch...

[Ctrl]+[PgDn] and [Ctrl]+[PgUp]
I've involuntarily upgraded to Excel 2002/XP. It has lots of lovely security settings when protecting worksheets. When I _UN_check 'Select locked cells' when protecting worksheets, the [Ctrl]+[PgDn] and [Ctrl]+[PgUp] key combinations then function no differently than [Alt]+[PgDn] and [Alt]+[PgUp] (so the same as they did back in Excel 4 and prior), paging right and left within the protected worksheet rather than moving between worksheets. If this isn't a bug, I don't know the meaning of the term. Has anyone else come across it? There's no mention of it when searching *...

Excel2000...use Ctrl-V, not Paste, in macro to Format Axis in a ch
In a macro I would like to use Ctrl-V to paste minimum and maximum values into a chart's "Format Axis". But "Record Macro" translates the keypress Ctrl-V into "Paste". In manual (non-macro) mode, "Edit/Paste" does not work, but Ctrl-V does. So, in the macro, since Ctrl-V is translated into Paste, the macro does not work. How do I get the macro routine to recognize the keypress Ctrl-V without the macro translating it to Paste. I have checked out ASCII and ANSI codes with no success. Assuming you are accessing your data from the same workbook i...

can't CTRL + Click to select multiples...
Hi, I'm using CRM 3.0 with IE6. If I'm in a list of contacts, accounts, activities...etc, I can't select multiple items by using ctrl + clicking them. On another computer, I can no problem. When I hit ctrl + click it just opens a new browser window. I know this is an IE issue, not CRM, but I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this and knows how to fix it. Thanks. Have you installed the service pack 2 for IE6??? If not then that might be the reason or else you might be clicking on the hyperlink. "Dan B" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using CRM...

CTRL-C & CTRL-V have stopped working
Excel 2000 on Win98SE I have a multi-sheet project that, until last week, was working just fine. All of a sudden I can't copy and past cells. When I press CTRL-C the cell has the marching ants around it but when I go to paste absolutely nothing happens. As mentioned, this was working just fine so something has changed but I'm stymied. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I've had problems in that area when either Windows search or the Outlook Express search was invoked. Windows Start, search or Outlook Express, ctrl+shift+F Of course I just tried it right now...

Where is my Ctrl-C..Ctrl-V etc...?
Hi All, need your help! situation: I use the CHtmlView MFC single document project, I do this: CString sAppName=AfxGetAppName(); CString sResourseID; sResourseID.Format("%d", IDR_EMPTY_HTML); CString sNavigatePath; sNavigatePath="res://"+sAppName+".exe/"+sResourseID; Navigate2(sNavigatePath); problem I do an empty html(IDR_EMPTY_HTML),but I can only use the left mouse button to copy sth on. the Ctrl-C Ctrl-V etc... are lost. My friend use same class in Dialog base. it's run perfectly. Why? Thanks in advance! ...

Tree Ctrl and Icon
Hi, I am using tree ctrl which has icons for each item and depending on some condition I need to make some tree items disabled. I could do almost everything with NM_CUSTOMDRAW _except for images_. From research I have done so far, I know that I need to use an operation which gives the same effect as CImageList::DrawEx with ILD_BLEND50 as parameter (dither the image). In NM_CUSTOMDRAW, if I decide to draw the item _completely_ (*pResult = CDRF_SKIPDEFAULT), I should be able to use directly use CImageList::DrawEx with ILD_BLEND50. But that means I have to draw the item text as well and I want...

CTRL-C copy
GP 10 SP3 Non-Citrix Environment. The CTRL-C key does not work. After marking text to copy, pressing CTRTL-C gets you a beep. However, if you go Edit->Copy it works. Any thoughts on how to enable this hot key? Rich, There are some old threads on this. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/c1bec597aa35e87f/37655de54829a4d9? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/22f94f5c44ad1f0c/5e4e8ade3af8e095? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/ebe782acd46b5d91/b826e960...

keyboard shortcuts... CTRL+; does NOT equal CTRL+:
I just discovered that, at least on my Excel 97, keyboard shortcuts CTRL+; does NOT equal CTRL+ CTRL+; gives 1/0/00 12:45 <<the time but "no" dat CTRL+: gives 1/14/04 0:00 <<the date but "no" tim This has caused (minor) problems with a spreadsheet that I was pretty proud of I had always thought these keyboard shortcuts were the equivalent of =NOW() and =TODAY( Anybody else experience this Thank you in advance Roger Agnes Orlando, F >> had always thought these keyboard shortcuts were the equivalent of =NOW() and =TODAY() You were mistaken I'm ...

strange tree ctrl behavior
I'm working with tree view ctrl with MFC and WTL. What I really want is to get callback message (TVN_GETDISPINFO) into my tree view class and process or modify my tree items. That's why I set I_CHILDRENCALLBACK to cChildren in TVITEM structure and set TVIF_CHILDREN flag into uFlags somthing when I insert items to tree ctrl.. My GetDispInfo handler look like this.. if(tvitem.mask & TVIF_CHILDREN){ tvitem.cChildren = (/*somecondion is true?%/)? 1: 0; } But I doesn't work.. Even though some items have children, button look like [+] didn't appear..but I could expand that...

List ctrl issues
I have an MDI Child window that is using a ListView. I am running the list view in report mode with one column. I want the column to take up the full width of the window, but I am running into some problems. I cannot ask the list view for its client rect in the OnCreate function because that always returns and empty rectangle. I don't know at what stage the window rect will become valid so it is difficult to determine where to put my column sizing code. Obviously it will be valid after the window is painted, but there is no message for "after first paint". Any tips on how/wh...

Ctrl F
We have associates who would use the Ctrl F feature to search for records. With this, people would type in the fields by mistake. I added the Binoculars and told everyone that the HAD to use this to search..... it worked for a while, but people are still searching within the fields. Is there anyway I can change the settings so that you can not Ctrl F within a field - for example Group Name. Have you tried using an Autokeys macro? I think it should be possible to re-direct Ctrl F to, say, open a message box informing the user "Use the binoculars button I set up to search!&quo...

Cancelling shortcut ctrl-click which opens "Research" in Excel 200
How do I cancel the shortcut (ctrl click) to "Research"? It is giving me no end of grief when manipulating my way through various windows in Excel. (Word had a "keyboard" option on "customize" which allowed the change there. I could find nothing similar in Excel. I would really like to get rid of it entirely everywhere.) -- bear I made a mistake. Please read Alt-Click instead of ctrl-click. "thebear" wrote: > How do I cancel the shortcut (ctrl click) to "Research"? It is giving me no > end of grief when manipulating my way throug...

"Ctrl+V" & ID_EDIT_PASTE & OnEditPaste
Hi, In my CScrollView based application, there is a child window and its parent is CMainFrame. The child window is always showed. ID_EDIT_PASTE is handled within CMyScrollView and of course Ctrl+V also available. Now, I want CMyScrollView to be able to handle Ctrl+V input while the child window is active and has the focus. How should I do? Please help. William "William" <port@mx15.freecom.ne.jp> wrote in message news:uP7Pb$SfFHA.3904@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In my CScrollView based application, there is a child window and its parent > is CMainFrame. &...

CRichEditView/Ctrl ?
For a new application I am in need of displaying formatted text (bold, underlined, ...). The MFC CRichTextView/Ctrl class(es) seem to be appropriate. I want to load the contents of a file into the Control. Therefore I use the (badly documented) StreamIn function. I already succeed in a callback function being called: static DWORD CALLBACK StreamInCallback(DWORD_PTR dwCookie, LPBYTE pbBuff, LONG cb, LONG *pcb); pbBuff is the buffer of the control. Copying the file contents via memcpy should make the contents being displayed. But nothing happens. I return 0 indicating SUCCESS and setting ...

ctrl-?
I am new to MAC. How do I know when to use "ctrl" and when to use the key with the logo on it? For example, in Word, the logo key works as ctrl but does not in Excel. I am used to the keyboard and prefer it to hunting the command with a mouse. Thanks, Gale Gorman Houston On 10/18/04 7:19 PM, in article 5835e91c.0410181719.41ef73b4@posting.google.com, "Gale Gorman" <ggorman@houston.rr.com> wrote: > I am new to MAC. How do I know when to use "ctrl" and when to use the > key with the logo on it? For example, in Word, the logo key works as > ctrl bu...

Ctrl+Quote copy
Hi! This is not a report question, but maybe you can help. I always use the short cut Ctrl+Brk to copy from the previous line. When I change the keyboard mode to Hebrew by pressing Alt+Shift, and then pressing Ctrl+" the form opens in design mode. Acc97 was no problem. Is there another alternative to copy from previous line? Thanks in advance You are all good people ...

Macro's with Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift?
When you record a new macro it asks you what Ctrl key you want to access it with. If you Edit the Properties of a Macro it asks you what Ctrl-Shift key you want to use to access a macro. How can you have more control over this to assign the proper key to a macro? Thanks. Al, I don't know what you mean by "edit the properties of a macro." You can assign a Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift combination (excluding number keys) to macros either when about to record a macro, or later with Tools - Macro - Macros - Options. If by "have more control," you mean keys other than C...

Why won't (ctrl + ;) and (ctrl + shift + ;) work?
Nothing happens when I try to insert the date and time. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Or is there a setting I need to change? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you select the cell and do ctrl+; space ctrl+shift+; you should get a date time value in your cell. It works for me and is not based on a setting. Your worksheet isn't protected is it? the only thing I can think of is if you have an addin (tools=>addins) selected which redef...

Ctrl F disappeared
I have a user using Excel 2000 (from office 2000) and a couple of days ago he lost the ctrl F function (brings up a find box), it is not hardware related because other users can use his machine and they don't have a problem and his account settings have not been changed. Is there an unrecorded way of turning it on and off?? Tim I'd try this: Open excel test ctrl-F to see if it works (just in case) if it doesn't work, hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window type this and hit enter: application.OnKey "^f" Maybe there's a macro that&#...