csv file download

I have 17 csv files that I download individually daily
from a website, can anyone tell me the quickest way to do
this ie some sort of automation.
Thanks
Les.
0
anonymous (74718)

Consider using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP object.  With VBScript you could do
something like:

Sub GetCSV(sSource, sDest)
  Dim oHTTP, oFSO, oTS

  Set oHTTP = WScript.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
  Set oFSO = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
  Set oTS = oFSO.CreateTextFile(sDest, True)

  oHTTP.open "GET", sSource, False
  oHTTP.send
  oTS.Write oHTTP.responseText
  oTS.Close

  Set oTS = Nothing
  Set oHTTP = Nothing
  Set oFSO = Nothing
End Sub

GetCSV "http://www.maxmind.com/GeoIPCountrySample.csv", "CountrySample.csv"

Instead of writing to a file, you could do this within XL and have it
populate worksheets, etc.

/i

"Les" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 17 csv files that I download individually daily
> from a website, can anyone tell me the quickest way to do
> this ie some sort of automation.
> Thanks
> Les.

0
ismits.no (54)

using underscores in file names instead of spaces
Hello folks, We are building several new models in excel for financial and management reporting. There are several excel files that are linking to other excel files maybe 3, or 4 folders deep in a directory structure. Please note that these files may eventually be posted to the web. My question. Is there any advantage to using underscores instead of spaces in folder names, file names, and tab names within the workbook? Windows does not seem to require them and spaces work fine and spaces also look better and make it easier to read. Will spaces create any problems with external ...

How to protect Excel file
Dear Sirs, If I would like to protect Excel file, by the purpose of protecting file being deleted by others, but it needs password if you'd like to delete file, how to do? thanks. Best Regards, Conrad "Conrad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >If I would like to protect Excel file, by the purpose of protecting >file being deleted by others, but it needs password if you'd like >to delete file, how to do? thanks. Not possible through Excel. Not strictly on-topic. Protection against deletion is provided by the operating system. Neither Windows n...

The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or re
I have two ole frames embedded in two slides of ppt (Professional Office 2003 sp3) I double click (or edit) one ole in one slide and move to the next slide. When I come back to the previous slide and double click again. I get this message "The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application". I have seen cases from online where users were not able to see the embedded excel, however in my case I can see the embedded excel many times only if i stay in the same slide. Any hel...

Shared workbook-track changes off but file size still grows
I have a shared workbook with track changes off. I turned it off because I have a macro to arrange the rows in a certain way which created a huge log. The problem is that the file keeps growing. It starts out at 570k and by noon, it is at 15 Mb. To bring it back down, I have to take the book off shared, and put it back on and it is back to normal. Does anybody know the problem or know someone's website with experience in shared workbooks? Joe ...

.CSV to .PRN
I am having trouble saving a .CSV file as a .PRN format - it is cutting the information in the sheet off about 20 columns in - any suggestions? I am doing the basic File - Save as. Thanks, Melissa Have you formatted the sheet with a fixed-width font so you can set the field widths exactly? What is sum of field lengths? There used to be a limit of ~240 characters per line in PRN files. On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:13:08 -0700, "Melissa" <Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having trouble saving a .CSV file as a .PRN format - it is cutting the >information i...

Creating a csv
I have a spreadsheet with a list of email addresses in the first column. I want to create a CSV file. If I choose Save as---> csv and then open the csv file in Notepad the list is saved as a list with carriage returns after each email address and no commas. So how do i turn the list into a continuous list with no breaks and a comma seperating each one? I'm using Excel 2007 Thanks Tony Open the file in MSWord and do an edit|replace (or the MSWord 2007 equivalent) to change the paragraph mark (under the More button and then under the Special button) to a comma. Tony Williams wrote: ...

Download files from 3.5 disk in excel but system said disk need fo

Can I delete an email file from M:?
Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? Will exchange be able to track the changes? Thanks for the help ahead of time. That is not a good idea�I Strong recomend you do not directly access Exchagne IFS(M:) -- Jammy "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410252347.662bbc48@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? > Will exchange be able to track the changes? > > Thanks for the help ahead of time. It is possible to do so. Not sure what you mean by will Exchange track ...

extracting from an ost file
I had my Exchange 2000 mailbox set up so my local computer would keep a synchronized copy of the mailbox (so, an ost file). We then switched to Exchange 2003, and in the process, the server is on the fritz. Is there any way to open up the ost file to extract the data in there as a pst file or something? Thanks I just saw this address on this newsgroup a few days ago. I don't know if they are any good, but they do offer services like what you are looking for. http://rescuemymailbox.blogspot.com -- Jim McBee - MostlyExchange Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com - Exchange F...

Importing CSV files problem
Hi Guys, I am currently working on a project that invloves importing of CSV files to Excel. Double-clicking the CSV file opens the file automatically in Excel. We have enclosed our data in quotation marks (i.e. "SomeData") to prevent errors arising from strings that have commas as part of the data. This works fine for us. However, The problem arises when we import data that look like numbers written in scientific notation but are actually some other data which should not be expressed in scientific notation (example "1E306" is expressed as "1E+306"). ...

CSV elements don't get split up in cells
Hi, I recently installed a German version of excel and now when I open m CSV files they don't get seperated anymore by the commas. The whol line is just written in one cell. When I had the US version installed the data was split up after eac comma and distributed into the corresponding cell. How can I achieve the same thing in the German version -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com tom You could try renaming the file to .txt rather than .csv When you try to open this in Excel it will start the Text Import Wizard which will give you much more control over the import of th...

isv.config file
We have altered the isv.config file to show additional tabs and buttons in the CRM forms. These tabs and buttons show and work fine in the web client but are not available to the sales for outlook client. They do not show in Outlook. Should this customisation show in the sales for outlook client? Thanks, Brett if you look in your _resources directory under wwwroot on the crm web server you will see a file called OutlookClient_sample.xml you use this file for the outlook client config file. so you duplicate anything in isv.config to this file and call it i think OutlookClient.config -- ...

PDF file does not print and postscript file crops pages

Microsoft 2000 saving a file
I cannot save a file to my E: drive or portable thumb drive. I either receive one of two messages. (1) Word cannot continue the save do to a file permission error or (2) file or directory cannot be created. I can save to the hard drive not to the traveldrive. HELP Sure doesn't sound like a Microsoft Access Database issue. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F7576EA-1F48-45F7-BCF7-39F7BE5954FC@microsoft.com... > I cannot save a file to my E: drive or portable thumb drive. I either > receive one of two messages. (1...

Saving As .CSV
Hello, here's the situation: I downloaded an .xls file from my broker and opened it in Excel. The original file was delimited by commas and I had to choose comma delimited in order for Excel to display it in columns/rows correctly. I made some changes to the file, then saved it with a new name. The problem is, I can find no way to save it as a comma delimited file again. Saving it as a Workbook places quotes around the commas and creates spacing between text (when I view it in Wordpad), and saving it as a Text File (Tab delimited) does just that--makes it TAB delimited, not comma...

Converting a file
I have a *.pub file that i need to open. The ony version of Publisher i have available is '97. I get a message that publisher cannot open files from different version. Is there anything i can do? thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Walt <wmn1978@hotmail.com>... > I have a *.pub file that i need to open. The ony version > of Publisher i have available is '97. I get a message that > publisher cannot open files from different version. Is > there anything i can do? The only thing you can do to help you open the file is ...

Long File Names in Office.X
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3156168936_2862024 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit My OS X system supports long file names just fine, but when I open these files in Office they get truncated to something with a code at the end, such as #4587. I researched this and there is logic to the code (according to Microsoft), but it is a real pain when I am sharing files with Windows users and their systems support these long file na...

inserting wav files
I am making a spreadsheet in which I want to include sound icons which will play a predetermined wav file when double-clicked (or otherwise activated). I have tried imbedding objects which works pretty good, but every time I double-click on the icon, not only does it play the sound file (good) but it "activates" the picture for editing (the box with the handles) (bad). I would appreciate any methods to correct this, or other ways to imbed sound files in a spreadsheet. Thanks! Boatman Boatman, I haven't messed with EMBED. The Playsound method will play short wavs, but if t...

Can't open mny files
I recently had to reformat and reinstall all my programs, including Money 2005. I carefully backed up all my important files, including mny files and the backups. I reinstalled Money 2005, and the program won't open, saying alternately that the files are from Money 2004 (???) and that it can't find them. I can't open the program at all because it keeps going round and round about the files. I really don't want to just delete them and start all over if there is another way out of this. Any help out there? TIA - sheureka See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=177. "s...

Parsing CSV
Hi, im using A file with records in my mfc application, i need to read*/write records to the file anybody ahs a clue where should i start? Take a look at CStdiofile and CString::Format() (for output) and CString::Tokenize() (for parsing input). You can use ReadString() and WriteString() to access the file line by line. Tom "fima" <fkpkot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eXA9vp95FHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > im using A file with records in my mfc application, i need to read*/write > records to the file anybody ahs a clue where should i start? >...

When saving CSV excel always prompts about the file format
I work with a lot of csv files all day and they have to be this format for other applications and scripts to use them. Everytime I save Excel prompts "filename.csv may contain features that are not compatible with csv, do you want to keep this format". This is the case even with Control S. The only formating is that I make the columns big enough for me to read whats in each cell. Anyway - can I turn off this prompt so that Excel just saves the file as csv? Thanks, Simon Try this before the save Application.DisplayAlerts = False and reset it after the save Application.Di...

Problem when export a report to a pdf file
I use the following code to export a report to a pdf file : ' Open report as hidden DoCmd.OpenReport p_NomEtat, acViewPreview, , p_CondtionWhere, acHidden ' Print toPDF DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, p_NomEtat, acFormatPDF, p_NomFichierAvecChemin, p_OuvrirDsReader ' Close Report DoCmd.Close acReport, p_NomEtat The second line (docmd.outputto) isn't working with a error (Error n° 2501 : Action cancelled) Please notice that i've got another message (""File Opened by another user" which of course is wrong as the file...

PAB File
I have a Network address book in Outlook 2000 that I want to import to my home computer. I am running Outlook 2000 at home with Internet mail. How can I do this? ...

import CSV
I am trying to import a csv file into excel or access(both are XP verson). Both apps use the General format meaning if it thinks a field is a date it makes it a date. I need this turned off. I want 5-9 to remain 5-9. Please help thanks Milton Snider wrote: > I am trying to import a csv file into excel or access(both are XP verson). > Both apps use the General format meaning if it thinks a field is a date it > makes it a date. I need this turned off. I want 5-9 to remain 5-9. Please > help > thanks > > Milton, I think you can rename the .CSV file to .TX...

File with extension .dat
I have a file with an extension of .dat. I was able to open it with notepad but it is just full of characters. What program should I use to be able to open it and read the contents. This file is and index in my computer's cookies file. I also tried using other extension but this is about the only extension that would open it. I've read on some message with the same problem that if you deleted it, a program in the computer re-generate it again. This is exactly what is happening with this file. Even the contents of the file itself cannot be deleted; (it can be deleted but it regenerates ...