Creating PDF No Longer Works in Any Office Product

I'm not sure when things stopped working.  I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007.
When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions
but then Excel locks up and stops responding.  In Word, the screen blinks a
few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF.  This is
getting frustrating, any ideas?

Try this first if you use Excel 2007

Run Office Diagnostics.
Office Button>Excel Options...Resources

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26E9DDE7-F721-45D6-B7A7-380C7B3376B3@microsoft.com...
> I'm not sure when things stopped working.  I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007.
> When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions
> but then Excel locks up and stops responding.  In Word, the screen blinks a
> few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF.  This is
> getting frustrating, any ideas?
0
Ron
2/28/2010 10:53:41 PM
I actually have 2003.  Is there something similar for that?  Do I need to
upgrade?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Try this first if you use Excel 2007
>
> Run Office Diagnostics.
> Office Button>Excel Options...Resources
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26E9DDE7-F721-45D6-B7A7-380C7B3376B3@microsoft.com...
> > I'm not sure when things stopped working.  I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007.
> > When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions
> > but then Excel locks up and stops responding.  In Word, the screen blinks a
> > few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF.  This is
> > getting frustrating, any ideas?
> .

For 2003 you need a third-party application that supports PDF.

Do you have one?

Which is it?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 16:27:01 -0800, Mark <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I actually have 2003.  Is there something similar for that?  Do I need to
>upgrade?
>
>"Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Try this first if you use Excel 2007
>>
>> Run Office Diagnostics.
>> Office Button>Excel Options...Resources
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26E9DDE7-F721-45D6-B7A7-380C7B3376B3@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm not sure when things stopped working.  I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007.
>> > When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions
>> > but then Excel locks up and stops responding.  In Word, the screen blinks a
>> > few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF.  This is
>> > getting frustrating, any ideas?
>> .

0
Gord

create a roster

Outlook 2003 Calendar *from* office *to* home
Hi, I have MS Outlook 2003 on a Win XP pro OS, synchronized to a corporate calendar via Oracle Connector, and I would like to do this (apparently) simple thing: Syncronize events FROM corporate calendar to my local calendar DO NOT Syncronize events FROM my local calendar to corporate calendar. In Outlook I just see a send/receive option, not just send and just receive separate option. Any hint is welcome Stefano ...

e-mail alerts don't work,setup but don't work-
I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any answers?, Thanks Studmn1. Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any > answers?, Thanks Studmn1. More details and symptoms needed. For example, what version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman office student and teacher edition 2003 for outlook, the pop up notification window doesn't pop up or change my mouse to the little mail icon or transperency window "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsof...

Task Create - Status

How to use the Shell and Windows (Sample wont work)
I tried running the vbscript example For the ShellWindows.Item Method, as posted at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb773970(v=VS.85).aspx But I get an error message: Line: 16 Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'shell.Shell_Application' Code: 800A01AD Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error I'm trying to run the example in Vista 64 Bit. If anybody has any suggestions about where I could learn what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it very much. thanks again, marceepoo Here's the code.... (P.S. ...

Rules Work But No Notification
My rules all work but I don't get notified when a new email comes in unless it just goes into my Inbox. I think this used to work but never paid much attention. Hope this makes sense. Office 2007, no Exchange. -- DrDOS "DrDOS" <dcal53@comcast.net> wrote in message news:90F003E0-3ABB-4168-BD29-FCD02908B949@microsoft.com... > My rules all work but I don't get notified when a new email comes in unless > it just goes into my Inbox. I think this used to work but never paid much > attention. Hope this makes sense. Office 2007, no Exchange. ...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Message received in Outlook Express but not in Office Outlook why
I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook and marked it as default. I continue to receive e-mail on Outlook Express but not on Office Outlook. What settings do I need to make? Open Outlook using the /checkclient switch: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "Old Fud" wrote: > I used Outlook Express as default for e-mail. I installed Office Outrlook > and marked i...

Business Logic Extensions to Microsoft CRM 1.2: Post-Callouts works only with the CRM
hi, i extendet my ms crm organisation with own written business logic. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmpostcalloutsv1d2.asp so far so fine, but it works only with the crm-admin user account. all other users makes no impact on saving the organisation. any ideas? thx urb ...

Create external database

Auto Send and Receive Not Working
I have a user, my boss, that we setup to POP whether internally or externally. It works when we manually hit the Send and Receive button; however, we would like to have it automatically do this. I setup the Schedule Auto Send and Receive for 2 minutes and it will not work. What could be the problem? RickCass On 29 Apr 2004 12:11, "RickCass" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a user, my boss, that we setup to POP whether internally or >externally. It works when we manually hit the Send and Receive button; >however, we would like to have...

How to dowload ms office training demos faster
I have BSNL EVDO wireless net connection. [ Vista and IE 7 ] The problem is - - the dowload stops in between. I have tried resfreshing the web page and re connect the net connection but nothing seems to work. Any solultion - - - - Thanks in advance. That's really not an Outlook question. You should check with your EVDO provider and see if there is something they can do to improve your signal quality. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "SAMEER" <SAMEER@discussions.microsoft.com...

Getting data from Several Work Books
Dear all, After some advis here, I have several workbooks all with different names but in the same directory I.E. Excel1.xls Excel2.xls Excel3.xls Excel4.xls In each of the above I want to get out the value for say A2. And put it in a totals.xls in the same directory. I started to do it and I got this as my value .. ='[Excel1.xls]Expense Report'!$R$20 <-------- This returned the correct value. When i opened the document again it asked if i wanted to "update" the workboog ... whick i did want to have the updated info, the pro...

How to create pie chart with %

I check "windows in task bar", after restarting, it is no longer c
In Excel if I check "windows in task bar", (Tools, Opions, View Tab) after I have restarted the machine this option is now unchecked. I have unchecked "Group Similar Task Bar Buttons" in my Task Bar Properties What version of excel are you running? There's a bug in xl2k that shows up if you're working with shared workbooks. If you're not using xl2k and shared workbooks, it sounds like you don't have permission to save this setting in your windows registry. I'd talk to my IT folks to find out if they can fix it. but.... Saved from a previous post....

when form created

3rd party product for reconciling checks
We are on GP 10 and I have a question. We just began receiving our cleared checks from Chase bank in a file and I was wondering is there any way we can automatically import into GP directly to clear all the checks in this file. Is there a 3rd party product involved? Any input would be greatly appreciated. We have about 4,000 employees so this is a tiresome task for someone to do . THanks Barb BK, You can always look into Microsoft Dynamics GP's Electronic Reconcile, a part of the Electronic Banking suite. There are a few third parties out there: - Advanced Bank Reconciliatio...

Creating a Brochure

Publisher with Super Office SIX
I shall make email newsletter with Publisher and would like to import names from Super Office SIX (as I can do with Outlook). Does anybody know if i can get the Super Office command bar in Publisher? In outlook there is something called COM and Super office mail link and so on.. Have you read the documentation that comes with SuperOffice SIX? Is it a database program? What formats does it use? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Martin SO SIX" <Martin SO SIX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

How to create Access macro shortcut