Creating new option button groups - how?

I have a worksheet with a pair of option buttons
(Male/Female), both referencing the same cell.  This
works fine.  I now wish to add another pair of buttons
(Yes/No).  However when I add a new button (by selecting
the radio button in the Forms toolbar and then clicking
in the sheet) the new button has the same cell reference
as the first pair.  When I give it a new cell reference
to create a separate Y/N group, the cell reference in the
first pair of buttons (M/F) also changes so that all
three buttons always have the same cell reference.  How
do I deal with this?  Any suggestions would be much
appreciated.

  TIA

    Seamus McMillan
0
smcm (1)

You need to use the Group Box (in the Forms toolbar). Each set of option
buttons should go in its own Group box.  Just stretch out the Group box
enough to accomodate your buttons.

MRO

"Seamus McMillan" <smcm@delphigrp.com> wrote in message
> I have a worksheet with a pair of option buttons
> (Male/Female), both referencing the same cell.  This
> works fine.  I now wish to add another pair of buttons
> (Yes/No).  However when I add a new button (by selecting
> the radio button in the Forms toolbar and then clicking
> in the sheet) the new button has the same cell reference
> as the first pair.  When I give it a new cell reference
> to create a separate Y/N group, the cell reference in the
> first pair of buttons (M/F) also changes so that all
> three buttons always have the same cell reference.  How
> do I deal with this?  Any suggestions would be much
> appreciated.
>
>   TIA
>
>     Seamus McMillan

0
ortizmro (27)

create a roster

How do I include more Help options for really inexperienced users?
Things like on the forms (beside each label), how can i include a question mark symbol that, when the mouse hovers over it, shows the format needed for the data that should be input? e.g. contact number - 028 90 000000 You can easily do this with the Control Tip Text property. Open your form in design view and select the control which you want to show the format for. Open properties and go to the Other tab. Type in your example format in the Control Tip Text property. Steve santus@penn.com "laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57...

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Task Create - Status

Query on Group field in Pivot Table
I have a large database wherein under Date column, data is in the format "Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". When I use Pivot Table Under OPTIONS->GROUP-> Group Field is disabled. I used this to group Date field to either present data by Month, quarter at one click. Can anybody guide me why this seems to be disabled here. I want to present my data only by Monthwithout changing the format ""Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". Thanks Hi Shewta Check you Data Source of your Pivot. it should come up like "Sheet6!$G$1:$I$821" and not like "'\Documents and...

New Store in other country
hi all, we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2 ). How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ. any help please thanks Get ready for a lot of manual work. The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the transfer in at the receiving store. "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B929754D-D285-42BA-B2D1-03D6D0262902...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

I cant find my send button
Does anyone how where the send button is?? Check and see if your views are correct. When you have a new message open, click view, then toolbars and make sure there is a check mark next to the word standard. That should bring up the toolbar with the send button Angela >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. > >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. >Look on your Toolbar for ">>" and a down arrow. If you hold your pointer on it, it should say "more buttons." Click on...

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Outlook notification of new mail.
To clarify, the notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Cheers Paul <paul.francis@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > To clarify, the notification works for new messages to > Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is > automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A > quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is > somethin...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

Creating a Brochure

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Open new thread
Hi How to open a new thread in console application ? Thanks Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi > How to open a new thread in console application ? > Thanks As usual : CreateThread or _beginthreadex, depending on wethter you need the CRT initialization or not (most always you need it, so use _beginthreadex). Arnaud MVP - VC ...

Hot to shift Outlook 2003 to new machine
I've built a new box and want to start replicating my setop from my old machine. As I use Outlook 2003 heavily, how do I transfer everything messages, tasks, rules etc from the old to the new machine??? Your advice would be appreciated Scooter The Help Files have you covered. Only one error in them: do NOT copy you previous PST file to the default directory. Copy them anywhere else you want, but not there because you'll overwrite the PST file Outlook creates for itself: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx More information here: http://www.slips...