Creating Date Range in Pivot Microsoft Query

I have a pivot that I've connected to our SQL db using the MS Query.  I'm
having two problems with it:

1. In Access I create a date range to see dates between 3 and 15months ago
with the SQL statement "
WHERE (Trx.TrxDate) Between (Date()-485) AND (Date()-120)"
 - no problem in Access but not the MS Query program.  When I do it through
the Excel MS Query it says the Function 'date' is not valid.  How do I
describe the current date in the MS Query program?

2. In the same wizard I cannot combine two fields (in Access I would use
Expr1: [Field1]&", "&[Field2].  Is there a place to do this in MS Query?

Thanks Ian.

0
ian (162)

create a roster

Formating Dates
I need to update a list of dates to show all days as 01. For example, where date shows 03/28/2009, I need it to read 03/01/2009. I appreciate any guidance! -- LL28 On Thu, 6 May 2010 12:12:01 -0700, LovingLife28 <LovingLife28@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to update a list of dates to show all days as 01. For example, where >date shows 03/28/2009, I need it to read 03/01/2009. I appreciate any >guidance! If you want to convert the dates to the first of the month, then, with your date in A1: =A1-DAY(A1)+1 If you want to leave the date a...

Join query
I have a table that has the list of parts that go on a shop order to create a part. On the table "Requirement_Details" I am selecting the Order, and the Current Due Date. The table Transaction_History tells me the dates something was Issued to the Order by the Transaction Code "I". My problem is that I am looking for the last day that something was issued to the shop order so if I select the MAX(dbo.Transaction_History.TNXDTE_15) as below and nothing has been issued yet the query does not return Null or for this field. I just don't get any records. ...

Task Create - Status

Query on Group field in Pivot Table
I have a large database wherein under Date column, data is in the format "Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". When I use Pivot Table Under OPTIONS->GROUP-> Group Field is disabled. I used this to group Date field to either present data by Month, quarter at one click. Can anybody guide me why this seems to be disabled here. I want to present my data only by Monthwithout changing the format ""Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". Thanks Hi Shewta Check you Data Source of your Pivot. it should come up like "Sheet6!$G$1:$I$821" and not like "'\Documents and...

Another example of Microsoft's sloppiness.
I recently had to uninstall Microsoft's Word 2007. Fortunately, I used Revo Uninstaller because after it ran the Microsoft uninstaller, Revo found 10,554 entries in the registry that had been left behind, plus, almost 100 more files and folders left on the drive. And I thought Symantec was bad! "jetjock" <jetjock@hanger.com> wrote in message news:aph0n5t45dsquh5fhue8joarefn61jh7ki@4ax.com... >I recently had to uninstall Microsoft's Word 2007. Fortunately, I > used Revo Uninstaller because after it ran the Microsoft uninstaller, > Revo found 10,5...

EPay Date and Status
Hi, In Money 2001 when a transaction was paid with epay it used the date of the transaction, but in 2002 and 2003 if I have a transaction for the 20th and set it to EPay on the 5th (not changing the dates but actually on the 5th set the epay for the 20th) Money will move the transaction to 15th or so. Is there a way to turn this off? ...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

Second Request: change date for electronic payment
I am a new Money user....was with Quicken for 10+ years. I want to change the date of electronic payments in my register to be the same day that the payment is scheduled to be made. It looks as though the only thing that can be changed is the category. In Quicken you are able to change the date for electronic payments in the register without changing the actual day the bill is being paid. When this is done in Quicken you simply get a message telling you that the change will only occur in the register. I do not like the way Money assumes that it's a good idea to set the date about...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Month End Date Ticks
Hello, In Excel 2003 I could use daily data starting on, say, 31 Dec 2005 and ending some years later for a line chart. If in the x-axis settings I selected both Major and Minor units to 3 Months with Base units as Days I would get ticks at each calender quarter end. In this example; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 30 Jun 2006, and so on. However, in Excel 2007 the axis switches over to start of month ticks; 31 Dec 2005, 31 Mar 2006, 1 Jul 2006, and so on. Does anyone know what is going on with the date x-axis in Excel 2007? It seems to be a bug as I have tried all manner of settings an...

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

how would I write this criteria for a query?
I have three fields that I want to base a criteria on: Received Date/Time, Date Approved and Date Rejected The way I wrote the criteria is as follow: LagTime: [Received Date/Time] - [Date Approve] This works if there is a date in the "Date Approve" field but if there isn't a date in the field nothing comes back. What I would like for it to do is pull the date from the "Date Rejected" field and calculate the lagtime from there. What do I need to add to my expression to do this? On 6 Sep, 20:14, Jerry Whittle <JerryWhit...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

How do I get the 2nd Mode in a range of cells
I want to attain the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. most frequent number in a range of cells. Using the Mode function I can receive the most frequent but how do I get the 2nd, 3rd, 4th,etc. from the same range. Thanks. Hi assuming your list of numbers is in A1:A10 try the following formulas: B1: = MODE($A$1:$A$10) B2: (array entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER) = MODE(IF(COUNTIF($B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$10)=0,$A$1:$A$10+{0,0})) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I want to attain the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. most frequent > number in a range of...

Date Format Goofiness
Just loaded Money 2004 Deluxe and imported my checking register from Money 2001 Standard. Everything came across fine but the date format changed to day-month-year from month-day-year or as an example what was 12 31 03 is now 31 12 03. I'd like to change the format back to American standards. Any ideas? I can't find any date format change options within Money and my Win XP (Home) settings are already correct. ...