Creating charts from formula results

Im trying to create a chart in Excel based on the reult of a column or
formula's I wrote.  The chart just seems to show the formula as its
values, can anyone help?

I had a list of employee ages and used a formula to indicate their age
bracket (e.g. 16-24, 25-30, 31-40 etc).  I now want a bar chart that
will show how many employee's are in each bracket.

Help is much appreciated asap as its for my job.  Thanks in advance.

--
Boba Fett
Boba Fett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26509

Sometimes it is neater to reproduce the information for a chart in an area
of the sheet that does not print. You need several headings (16-24, etc.)
which could go on one line, and the corresponding values on the next line.
Then select all the active cells in these two lines and construct the chart
from there. If the values might chance, make the value cells cross-reference
the cells where the actual formula results reside (e.g. cell F2=B7).

"Boba Fett" <Boba.Fett.1u68ae_1124723125.2715@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:Boba.Fett.1u68ae_1124723125.2715@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Im trying to create a chart in Excel based on the reult of a column or
> formula's I wrote.  The chart just seems to show the formula as its
> values, can anyone help?
>
> I had a list of employee ages and used a formula to indicate their age
> bracket (e.g. 16-24, 25-30, 31-40 etc).  I now want a bar chart that
> will show how many employee's are in each bracket.
>
> Help is much appreciated asap as its for my job.  Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Boba Fett
> Boba Fett's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26509
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=397767

0
roneville (91)

create a roster

Is there a formula to show $5,000,000 as $5M?
I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. Thanks. You could try something like this: =IF(RIGHT(A1,6)="000000",A1/1000000&"M",A1) unless someone has a better idea.... Sheila "ExcelHelp" wrote: > I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. > > Thanks. Another option: =TEXT(A1,"$ #,, ""M""") Another option would be to keep the value in the cell, and use a similar Custom format. -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "ExcelHelp" <...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

Check to see if a formula is correct
I want to do something like this Sub Macro1() If Range("A1") =(=B1 + B2) Then ' This is a formula Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Select 'Has correct formula Selection.Copy Range("A1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas End If End Sub How do I do this? Hi Try Sub Macro1() If Range("A1").HasFormula Then Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Copy Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas Application.CutCopyMode = False ...

Incorrect formula
Would appreciate help with my formula. I only want the 1 to be added to L28 and L29 if they have a value greater than 0. this formula produces 2 even if all the cells have nothing in them, but I need there to be nothing in the cell if no values are in any cells. If the value of every cell in the formula was 1 then my answer should be 14 but if cell L28 is 0 then the answer should be 12, and if neither L28 or L29 has a value then the answer should be 10, but because of the =1 in my formula I get an answer that is 12.(or 2 greater than I want if values are in other cells) Help appre...

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Task Create - Status

chart on the report
I wanted to have a chart on my report base on my table or query. Are there any controls support this? Your help is great asppreciated, Click on the Query. choose Insert, Report. Choose Chart Wizard. If you want the report to be linked to a field in your report (eg a different sales chart for each employee) then you can make the chart a subreport, putting in the correct section of your report eg the Details section and in the Properties box of the subreport choose the Master and Child fields (the Unique field that the chart and the main report have in common - usually a primary key field) ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

excel should make it easier to have a 1 to 1 plot area in chart
Sometimes I would like the plot area to have a 1 to 1 ratio, so each little square of the gridlines are a square. ie, the y- axis could be 10, the x- axis could be 10, so the plot area would be square, or the y- axis could go from -10 to 10, with the same x- axis, so the plot area would have twice the y- axis than the x- axis. I think the way microsoft has this place worded is misleading, cause it says "Post your suggestion." I don't mean to put anyone off. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Formula Modification
Folks: (IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"No Match","Match") Column A Column B Column C 25 50 No Match 30 30 Match 26 28 No Match 55 60 I am using the above formula to compare two columns (A and B) for overlapping (common) data then put the result ("Match" OR "No Match") in a third column. So far this formula has work...

How do I not include empty cell value chart labels in pie charts?
I have a pie chart where some of the cell values are zero, but the chart will include all the labels. It makes the pie chart look too cluttered. How can I not include zero value or blank cell values from appearring in the labels. When I go to "tools", "options", and "chart", the "plot empty cells as" area is shaded grey and I can not select options. Hi, If it's just the data labels then try a custom number format. Here are a few examples. 0;;; 0%;;; 0.0%;;; If you want the zero items removed from the pie have a look at this. ...

Chart item reports with OUTLOOK via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...