Creating a search button/macro..google style..

Hallo guys,

I have a set of raw data to work with:

I'd like to know any functions/macros to buld some sort of 'searc
engine' that coud direct me to the data..

e.g.
sheet 1 raw data:

a   b   c   d
1 a1 b1 c1 d1
2 a2 b2 c2 d2
3 ...  ...  ...  ...
4 ...  ...  ...  ...

sheet 2 search:
search box/button/etc

search:_a1__________       enter

result:
1 *a1*

I hope you understand what I need, is not a very simple task..

--
nixis0
nixis00's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1475

Hi,

If your data is in A1:C10, (adjust this macro to fit)
paste this code. It returns the address on sheet1
of the value you key in sheet2 cell B3 to B5.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As
Range)
SrcVAl = Range("B3")
findval = Sheet1.Range("A1:C10").Find(SrcVAl).Address
Sheet2.Range("B5:B5") = findval
End Sub

jeff

of 'search

---------------
>nixis00's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=14757
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74719)

create a roster

macro problem with Word 2001
Whenever I attach a Word 2001 document to an email and send it to someone using PC, the PC user's computer interprets the macros as a virus. How can I a) disable macros on Word or b) send it in a way that the PC will not interpret it as a virus? Thanks for any help Hi Unless you are intentionally making Word documents with Macros it is almost certain that you are indeed sending documents that have a virus. If your Word documents are supposed to have macros, then your audience needs to adjust the security settings on their computer in Word (Tools > Options > Security > Ma...

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Task Create - Status

Macro that inserts lines
I have this macro that inserts a line if the value in D changes and copy the value in D to A. I want this macro to only start looking in D14 or from row 14. tx for all the help Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 2 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "D").Value <> _ Cells(row_index + 1, "D").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "D").EntireRow.Insert _ (xlShiftDown) Cells(row_index + 1, 1).Value = Cells(row_index + ...

Exclude folders in a search folder
Hi all, Just a quick question, I'm looking at the search folders of outlook 11. Is it possible to create a custom search and exclude some folders from the result.. For example: all unread mail execpt the mail in "junk", "newsletters" en "sent items". thanks Zodiac Yep right click the search folder and select Customize this folder, you can choose which folders to include by using the browse button "Zodiac" <Nomail@internet.com> wrote in message news:Xns9492CF9A8451ANomailinternetcom@207.46.248.16... > > Hi all, > > Just a qu...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

I cant find my send button
Does anyone how where the send button is?? Check and see if your views are correct. When you have a new message open, click view, then toolbars and make sure there is a check mark next to the word standard. That should bring up the toolbar with the send button Angela >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. > >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. >Look on your Toolbar for ">>" and a down arrow. If you hold your pointer on it, it should say "more buttons." Click on...

Macro to insert Hard Space (character 160)?
Hello, Is there a very simple macro out there that would let me insert character 160 (the hard space) into the current cell? I am looking for something like this because I want to be able to apply "accountant single" and "accountant double" underlining to a blank cell, and Excel seems to demand that some text be IN the cell before it will underline it. The hard space works perfectly, but it would be nice to be able to automate it. Many thanks for any advice, Edward Mendelson Sub HardSpace() ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value & Chr(160) End Sub Jerry Edward...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

Search by category
I use a convention of labeling certain incoming messages if they need action, so I can later search for everything that carries this label. (GTDers will recognize this.) I then created a Saved Search where: [Match all criteria if] [Category] [Is] [Current] This used to work perfectly. I could click on the saved search and see all mail messages that were tagged with the category of Current. However, the Entourage database recently had a problem (ERROR: Corruption detected on index [MLRC:1]) and required a rebuild. Now, the Saved Search does not retrieve anything and, if I...

Enabling Macro But Hiding Sheets
I have created a simple macro that basically when a button is clicked i takes you to a certain page in the workbook. Is it possible to hide this page for different users. But when a use with the correct password comes he can click the button and he will b taken to the hidden page. Is it posible to do something like this along those line -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's possible, and if you search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* you'll find many ways to do this. You should know, however, that none of the methods will ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Item search
When I select Edit Item in Store Ops Manager>Item, is it possible to add more columns to the search field? Rather than having to go into find? If not, is this a new feature in version 2 or 3 of RMS? Thanks ...

Creating an ad book

Macro to Export Messages in a Folder to txt Format?
I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I've been googling all morning and cannot find an answer. I would like a macro to automate the following actions in Outlook: Open a message in an Outlook folder Export it to txt format into a given directory Close it and move on to the next message in the folder And so on, recursively through the whole folder. All the information I've seen about converting pst to text says to export the individual messages by hand. But I have THOUSANDS of these messages and exporting them by hand will take too long. I cannot find a macro recording function in my Out...