Creating a new worksheet from a template

I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne
worksheet that conforms to a template.

However:
1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar
not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m
workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t
sit in a certain place on the hard drive.

2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t
'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor
activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit
information from as many activity worksheets as the user has created
If I do this from a macro the macro expects there to be as man
activity worksheets as I have created during the macro recordin
(rather than the custom # that a user may have). Any ideas?

3) If I want to reset this Summary sheet - is there a better way tha
hiding an empty Summary sheet on the same worksheet and copying an
pasting over the full Summary sheet using a macro button?

Many thanks all..

--
usernam
username's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=143

create a roster

Task Create - Status

In copied worksheet, embedded chart uses data fm orig
When I copy a worksheet, I want the embedded chart to automatically use data from the new worksheet, Instead, it uses data from the original worksheet. So I have to edit each data series in the chart everytime I create a new worksheet by copying an old one. Example: worksheet displaying hours worked that week. When I copy the sheet to start a new week, the embedded chart is displaying data from last week. It seems you are making the new worksheet with Copy & Paste. Try this instead: click on the tab of original sheet (let's call it Sheet1), hold the CTRL key down and drag the tab ...

New Store in other country
hi all, we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2 ). How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ. any help please thanks Get ready for a lot of manual work. The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the transfer in at the receiving store. "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B929754D-D285-42BA-B2D1-03D6D0262902...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Outlook notification of new mail.
To clarify, the notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Cheers Paul <paul.francis@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > To clarify, the notification works for new messages to > Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is > automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A > quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is > somethin...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

Creating a Brochure

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

How do you print an Excel worksheet to show the rows and columns?
I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document that will show the rows and columns, rather than just the information. How do I do this? In Excel 97 (later versions will, I assume, be similar) click File - Page Setup. Then select the "Sheet" tab and in the box labelled "Print" will be a checkbox labelled "Gridlines". Check that and print it. Peter "Michaelangelo" <Michaelangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A635EBC2-AB49-45D8-803D-5C2E91ACDDAC@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document th...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Open new thread
Hi How to open a new thread in console application ? Thanks Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi > How to open a new thread in console application ? > Thanks As usual : CreateThread or _beginthreadex, depending on wethter you need the CRT initialization or not (most always you need it, so use _beginthreadex). Arnaud MVP - VC ...

Hot to shift Outlook 2003 to new machine
I've built a new box and want to start replicating my setop from my old machine. As I use Outlook 2003 heavily, how do I transfer everything messages, tasks, rules etc from the old to the new machine??? Your advice would be appreciated Scooter The Help Files have you covered. Only one error in them: do NOT copy you previous PST file to the default directory. Copy them anywhere else you want, but not there because you'll overwrite the PST file Outlook creates for itself: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx More information here: http://www.slips...

Creating an ad book

8000 Watt Generator - NEW
Still in box. Bought from Home Depot last year and never got around to hooking it up. Paid $1,300 for it. Will sell for $1,000 negotiable. Made by Devilbiss - 14 HP Briggs & Straton engine. Never even taken out of the box!!! Email pmassey at nc dot rr dot com for more details. ...