Create pivot table from 2 worksheets

How do I create 1 pivot table that draws data from 2 worksheets?

--
MichaelKoh
MichaelKoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22956

You can create a pivot table from data on separate sheets (multiple
consolidation ranges), but the results may not be exactly what you want.
There's more information here:

MichaelKoh wrote:
> How do I create 1 pivot table that draws data from 2 worksheets?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

graphics in Publisher #2
When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Does the document print in toto? Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and looked around for an updated driver? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmeeker" <cmeeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1EF4D42-295C-4BCF-A7D9-97362174FECF@microsoft.com... > When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Yes, the document does print. No, I haven't gone to the printer...

create a roster

Compile Error #2
I am currently using Excel 2002. I was given a file, apparently created in Excel 2003. When I try to access the file I get the following message: Compile error: Can't find project or library The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Does the file you have been given contain VBA code? If so, then it would seem that the original creator has 'referenced' another project or library in it. To explain, when this sheet has been create...

Task Create - Status

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Stuck in outbox #2
whenever i send an email outside of outlook (whether it be from internet explorer or forwarding an email from an open folder) the email does not send automatically, it just sits in outlook outbox. i always have to physically open up outlook to release the email. this is very anoying and never happened with outlook express. before, it just sent automatically. thanks ...

Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or tabs. If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in one table. I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and pasting. I really appreciate any help! Thanks! ...

Query on Group field in Pivot Table
I have a large database wherein under Date column, data is in the format "Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". When I use Pivot Table Under OPTIONS->GROUP-> Group Field is disabled. I used this to group Date field to either present data by Month, quarter at one click. Can anybody guide me why this seems to be disabled here. I want to present my data only by Monthwithout changing the format ""Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". Thanks Hi Shewta Check you Data Source of your Pivot. it should come up like "Sheet6!$G$1:$I$821" and not like "'\Documents and...

In copied worksheet, embedded chart uses data fm orig
When I copy a worksheet, I want the embedded chart to automatically use data from the new worksheet, Instead, it uses data from the original worksheet. So I have to edit each data series in the chart everytime I create a new worksheet by copying an old one. Example: worksheet displaying hours worked that week. When I copy the sheet to start a new week, the embedded chart is displaying data from last week. It seems you are making the new worksheet with Copy & Paste. Try this instead: click on the tab of original sheet (let's call it Sheet1), hold the CTRL key down and drag the tab ...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

tabls in GP90 database
Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. thanks Within the program itself, Tools > Resource Descriptions Also, there are ERD's on the distribution CD's that you got when you purchased or upgraded the system - you have to install the SDK to get at them. -- Lyle U Adam Clark wrote: > Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables > in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. > > thanks ...

Create external database

Data Tables
Has anyone ever had a problem where a data table is producing incorrect values? I have a (two dimensional) table which is producing unexpected values. When I try to replicate these values through manually changing the inputs (and changing nothing else) I get a different result to that produced by the data tables. Just to check I'm not going completely mad, I've had a colleague confirm the symptoms. Any suggestions gratefully received before I head into investigating for corruptions etc Mike The only time I've ever had a problem with charting is when I had merged c...

Drop Down Menu #2
In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date which will be seen in the cell. Would you like to something similar in Excel? See Ron de Bruin's site for instructions on using a Calendar Control on a worksheet. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Also note the section for calling the calendar from a Toolbar button. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:24:15 -0700, Marlas <Marlas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word I'm able to attach a c...

Decimal Places #2
I am trying to use the following formula to display a text version of a number: =TEXT(cell,"#.#") To show numbers in a 0.0 format. However, when I get to one figure 20.0 - it displays it as 20. rather than as 20.0 (which is how I would like it to be displayed). Does anyone know how to display the information in this format?? Try this: =TEXT(cell,"0.0") Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 25, 9:50 am, BoRed79 <BoRe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to use the following formula to display a text version of a number: > > =TEXT(cell,"#....

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Creating a Brochure