Create New Sheets and Name Them Based on Values in another sheet

Hey everyone.

I have seen several different posts on these different topics, but I need to
combine them all.  Here is a brief summary of what I need to do.
I have a sheet that has a list of ID#'s on it.  I have setup a formula to
lookup the names associated with the ID #'s.  For each set of ID#'s, I have
to create a copy of a generic calculation sheet that I have setup to run a
set of calculations on.  NOTE: This generic sheet has some very detailed
lookup functions, as it is looking up detailed sales information, and will be
based on the ID#.  So, I need to create copies of the generic calculation
sheet, rename the new copies based on the names associated with the ID#, and
change the cell reference of cell C3
("=ROUNDDOWN((INDEX(Sheet_2!$A$2:$B$100000,1,2)),0)" to
"=ROUNDDOWN((INDEX(Sheet_2!$A$2:$B$100000,2,2)),0)" and then to ....3,2)),0)
....4,2)),0), etc.
--
Nothing in life is ever easy - just get used to that fact.

There is probably a better way

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett@gmail.com
"KennyD" <KennyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey everyone.
>
> I have seen several different posts on these different topics, but I need
> combine them all.  Here is a brief summary of what I need to do.
> I have a sheet that has a list of ID#'s on it.  I have setup a formula to
> lookup the names associated with the ID #'s.  For each set of ID#'s, I
> have
> to create a copy of a generic calculation sheet that I have setup to run a
> set of calculations on.  NOTE: This generic sheet has some very detailed
> lookup functions, as it is looking up detailed sales information, and will
> be
> based on the ID#.  So, I need to create copies of the generic calculation
> sheet, rename the new copies based on the names associated with the ID#,
> and
> change the cell reference of cell C3
> ("=ROUNDDOWN((INDEX(Sheet_2!$A$2:$B$100000,1,2)),0)" to
> "=ROUNDDOWN((INDEX(Sheet_2!$A$2:$B$100000,2,2)),0)" and then to
> ....3,2)),0)
> ...4,2)),0), etc.
> --
> Nothing in life is ever easy - just get used to that fact.

0
Don
1/28/2010 5:49:28 PM
Thank you so much for the quick reply.  I don't know how easily I can send it
because the file type is sooooo large (>30MB).  I will try to send it via
gmail, but I don't know if it will send.  Thanks again for your help.
--

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> There is probably a better way
>       If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if:
>       1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet
>       2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line
>       3. You send a clear explanation of what you want
>       4. You send before/after examples and expected results.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett@gmail.com
> "KennyD" <KennyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey everyone.
> >
> > I have seen several different posts on these different topics, but I need
> > combine them all.  Here is a brief summary of what I need to do.
> > I have a sheet that has a list of ID#'s on it.  I have setup a formula to
> > lookup the names associated with the ID #'s.  For each set of ID#'s, I
> > have
> > to create a copy of a generic calculation sheet that I have setup to run a
> > set of calculations on.  NOTE: This generic sheet has some very detailed
> > lookup functions, as it is looking up detailed sales information, and will
> > be
> > based on the ID#.  So, I need to create copies of the generic calculation
> > sheet, rename the new copies based on the names associated with the ID#,
> > and
> > change the cell reference of cell C3
> > ("=ROUNDDOWN((INDEX(Sheet_2!$A$2:$B$100000,1,2)),0)" to
> > "=ROUNDDOWN((INDEX(Sheet_2!$A$2:$B$100000,2,2)),0)" and then to
> > ....3,2)),0)
> > ...4,2)),0), etc.
> > --
> > Nothing in life is ever easy - just get used to that fact.
>
> .

Encode URL parameter value?
Hi, I need to pass parameter to a URL (on the internet). Are there any function to encode parameter like Server.URLEncode() in ASP? Thank you, Kelvin Are you talking about InternetCanonicalizeUrl()? "Kelvin" <Kelvin_gl@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:ehdMDOFVEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to pass parameter to a URL (on the internet). Are there any function > to encode parameter like Server.URLEncode() in ASP? > > Thank you, > Kelvin > > Oh yes, it is exactly what I had spent a lot to time looking for... Thank you a lot....

create a roster

Reference to cell with text is returning #VALUE
I have a cell that references a different cell that that consists of H9:J9 that is formated for and contains text. The referenceing cell shows #VALUE instead of the actual text that is in the cell? Any ideas as to why this is happening? Any help would be appreciated. What does your formula look like? A simple link formula can only reference a single cell. Like this: =H9 You can't reference a range of cells like this: =H9:J9 That is why you're getting the error. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jorist" <Jorist@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Task Create - Status

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

New Store in other country
hi all, we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2 ). How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ. any help please thanks Get ready for a lot of manual work. The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the transfer in at the receiving store. "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B929754D-D285-42BA-B2D1-03D6D0262902...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

when form created

Outlook notification of new mail.
To clarify, the notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Cheers Paul <paul.francis@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > To clarify, the notification works for new messages to > Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is > automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A > quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is > somethin...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

how many lines per sheet in excel 2003
ave they increased the number of lines in excel 2003 or is it still 65536 Still, ever heard of 'categorizing'? Danny On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:04:01 -0700, Des53 <Des53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ave they increased the number of lines in excel 2003 or is it still 65536 -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ Hi Des, Row and column specifications are unchanged in xl2003 (65536 x 256). I have heard no suggestion that these are likely to change any time soon --- Regards, Norman "Des53" <Des53@discus...

Creating a Brochure

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

Hot to shift Outlook 2003 to new machine
I've built a new box and want to start replicating my setop from my old machine. As I use Outlook 2003 heavily, how do I transfer everything messages, tasks, rules etc from the old to the new machine??? Your advice would be appreciated Scooter The Help Files have you covered. Only one error in them: do NOT copy you previous PST file to the default directory. Copy them anywhere else you want, but not there because you'll overwrite the PST file Outlook creates for itself: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx More information here: http://www.slips...

Open new thread
Hi How to open a new thread in console application ? Thanks Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi > How to open a new thread in console application ? > Thanks As usual : CreateThread or _beginthreadex, depending on wethter you need the CRT initialization or not (most always you need it, so use _beginthreadex). Arnaud MVP - VC ...