Create a timecard that can calculate time on a 12 hour format?

I am needing help creating and worksheet that I can calculate hours worked
from a time clock, on a 12 hour format.  Thank you!

Hi!

Look here for a free downloadable example file:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3172)
10/8/2004 5:24:25 AM
Hi,

http://www.geocities.com/geo_marksway/excel_solutions/XLS/C
lockWork.xls

Here is the code:

'Clock On, Clock Off. A time difference that tells you how
long you have _
worked. Suitable for only current Day.

Sub ClockOn()
  Range("A5").Select
  ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=now()"
  Selection.NumberFormat = "h:mm AM/PM"
  Range("A5").Select
  Selection.Copy
  Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues ',
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
 ' :=False, Transpose:=False
  Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Sub ClockOff()
  Range("B5").Select
  ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=now()"
  Selection.NumberFormat = "h:mm AM/PM"
  Range("B5").Select
  Selection.Copy
  Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues ',
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
  :=False, Transpose:=False
  Application.CutCopyMode = False
  Range("C5").Select
  ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-1]-RC[-2]"
  Selection.NumberFormat = "hh ""Hours"" :mm ""Minutes""  "
End Sub

regards
Mark

0
anonymous (74722)

How can I change my outlook 2003 colour to Any other colour?
How can I change my outlook 2003 colour to Any other colour like Blue....Please answer specific to my Q.....If possible then please send me the steps. Navneet, you wrote on Sun, 22 Mar 2009 19:58:00 -0700: > How can I change my outlook 2003 colour to Any other colour like > Blue You can only change your windows style that will be applied to Outlook. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net ...

Can anyone resolve this for me?
An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.junctionfestival.com', Server: 'mail.junctionfestival.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 I have checked settings, done a system restore and reboot my computer so far?? Try removing your Mail account, close and reopen WinMail and add the = account back again. It could also be an issue with your ISP. steve "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:6795E125-6388-4E68-A1DB-7B0E7D08EEBD@microsoft.com... > An unknown error has occurred....

Can Exchange admins view my Personal Folders
Can exchange admins view my password protected Personal Folders in outlook (stored on my hard drive)? Thanks. On 8 Feb 2006 05:55:02 -0800, djohn554@yahoo.com wrote: >Can exchange admins view my password protected Personal Folders in >outlook (stored on my hard drive)? > >Thanks. Remotely? If they are standing over your shoulder? They are not in the mailbox, so no if that is what you mean. Dear John You seem to have a healthy dose of paranoia or you're doing something you shouldn't so you should be aware that there are a number of password crackers out there tha...

Creating an Add-On
I went here http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm to use the very nifty little utility called FindLink. I'm trying to figure out the way to make it an add-on. I think I'm missing a step. It's in my add-on list box, but it doesn't show up under tools when I restart. The way things are now I have to download it every time I want to use it. >>I'm trying to figure out the way to make it an add-on. FindLink is an add-in. Bill Manville created it as such. Whether is appears on Tools, Add-ins is a different issue. It doesn't have to go there as you can just F...

Problems with using ProfileCommon to create new user in webservice
Hi all, I'm having problems with the following code not working is some circumstances. I'm sure it's just that I'm not using the ProfileCommon correctly, so would be grateful for any pointers. All I want to do is update a Profile record in a TableProfileProvider setup. If the profile record doesn't exist then create a new one and update the details. Code in webservice that is failing is: private static void updateProfileFields(string userName, string email, string firstName, string surname) { ProfileCommon userProfile = new ProfileCommon(); u...

Enter to create a new line within a cell in Excel 2000
Excel 2000: Multiple lines of text within one cell. ex: date: text... date: text... I need to distinguish the dates within oen cell so each needs to be on its own line. date: text... date: text... rather than all running together. I've tried every keyboard shortcut I could find and nothing worked. Hi ALT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gem" <Gem@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D06AAA81-BEB1-4312-BEDF-2ABCD39491A3@microsoft.com... > Excel 2000: Multiple lines of text within one cell. ex: date: text... > date: text...

How can I create a new document
hi ,all I wanner create a multiple of documents ,so I dont wanner see every time when i create a new document the MainFrame will be flushed. It waw real bad feel,how can I do? thx for ur advices,first. I am not sure what you are asking here. To create a document you would use OpenDocumentFile/CreateNewDocument on its doctemplate. --- Ajay You can send a message to the window that handles your File/New menu item and just pump the message through with code (SendMessage or PostMessage). Tom "jimmy" <tbscer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145266188.397196.180470@t31g20...

Deleting/Creating a relationship between two tables -----> Help Pl
Hi all: I would like to know how to break and create a relationship between two tables. I have created a database to handle the capturing of out inventory stock count/take. Part of the setup routine is creating tables in the database from the tables in our accounting system. I must recreate them each time the database is used to capture the current inventory levels as well as any new items created since our last inventory count from our accounting system. In order for me to do this I must manual remove the relationships between the two tables, run the set up program to cre...

Fixed Decimal Place Formatting
Is there a way to change the formatting in a work book to a fixe decimal place of two. That way if a number is entered into a cell e.g 269 it will appear as 2.69. I know you can set the option under th tool menu to a fixed number which will change every work book unti turned off. However, I want this to be only formatted for this wor book. Thanks for any help with thi -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

can i link/ nest combo boxes
Hi, is it possible to select from one combo box so that it filters the available selections in a second combo box. I then need to run a report (I have got the code for that) then probably start all over again. Currently my first combo box, selects the week number and my second combo box selects all the trade groups Id love to be able to select the truly available trade groups instead of everyone in the query Hope that made some sense A commonly used technique. This is known as Cascading Combos. Set the second combo up so that in filters on the first. SELECT TradeGroup FROM tblTrades W...

XML Formatting
How is CRM 3.0 expecting the xml files to be formatted? I am trying to import docs from a previous crm and get this error: The source XML file is not in the expected format and/or contains syntactical errors. Verify that the file is well formed XML and is complete, or try specifying a different file. Any examples would be of a great help. how are you importing? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "LostInCRMLand" <nmaspdev@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148678849.309658.204590@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com....

Export 2003 .pst to 2002 format
I'm using Outlook 2002 on my desktop at home and have recently bought laptop with Outlook 2003. I exported the .pst from 2002 to use on m laptop, went away for 3 weeks with the laptop and now want to get tha .pst from 2003 ( with updates) back to 2002. Any suggestions as Outlook indicates that the 2003 format is no compatible with 2002. Cheer -- greg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gregg's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=63 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-186943743 On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:03:47 -1000, gregg &...

Can I speed up Money by...
I'm using Money 05. I read before that one of the reasons Money is slow is because of all the historical stock information. Is there a way to delete this history? Not the transaction history, but I the historical daily quote information? In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >I'm using Money 05. I read before that one of the reasons Money is slow is >because of all the historical stock information. I think you may have read that is a reason for files being large. > Is there a way to delete >this history? Not the transaction history, but I the historical daily quo...

Can't download to Address B ook
I downloaded newly purchased Office Pro Edition 2003. Outlook downloaded all files from old Outlook Express account. I believe my addresses from Outlook Express were downloaded into my In Box folder. How do I export the address to my Address Book. An error message indicates I do not have permission to open my Address book. thanks, Tom Could you tell us a little more clearly what you mean? I assume you mean you installed Office 2003 when you said you downloaded it. Were you given the option to import information from Outlook Express into Outlook 2003? If so, how did respond? What do you ...

Outlook Express. . .can't get mail !!
EPleae excuse my ignorance. . .I'm new t this, but here is my problem : I'm running cable modem, and have windows 95 . . w/ outlook express 5. I just noticed I cannot get into to mail. I go through prompts. . .and as it tries to receive messages. . .an error appears indicating "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If problem persists, contact program vendor". I've been running this for a couple of years and never had any issues. Nothing has changed in my setup. I called my ISP. . .they said it was not related to the mail server...

formatting output of if statements
Does anyone know of any way to format the output of an if statement? I'm looking to do a very simple if statement and then based on the output I want the text in that cell to come out either green (if true) or red (if false). Thanks! Have a look at condional formatting on the Format menu and have a play. "J.F." wrote: > Does anyone know of any way to format the output of an if statement? I'm looking to do a very simple if statement and then based on the output I want the text in that cell to come out either green (if true) or red (if false). Thanks! Hi You can use...

Condition Formats for duplicates with additional criteria
On numerous occasions we have used the preset conditional format for highlighting duplicate or unique values. However, we now have come across the need to highlight duplicate or unique values only if those values meet certain other criteria also. Such a task will lwill likely require a formula, but we are not sure how the Excel so effectively compares values in a large range to identify duplicate or unique values . If we knew how Excel was so efficiently performing these comparisons, we might could incorporate the functions for finding duplicate or unique values and then add addition...

Excel pivot table, numbers are reverting to dates format
eThe numbers in my pivot tables suddenly started to revert to dates format on refresh, even after I reformat them. Why should text in cells show as formatted as dates. I think I'm on a parrallel universe where everything is reversed! The workbook was working fine until it unexpectedly started behaving wierd. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks ...

Hours and minutes display as date in formula box
When I enter hours and minutes in a cell (example: 93:11:00) the formula box shows 1/3/1900 9:11:00pm. How do you get the formula box to display 93:11:00? Also, is there a way to display only hours and minutes (93:11) since I don't work with seconds? Thanks. Hi Dave, One way is to apply the custom format h:mm to the cell(s) and type an apostrophe (') before the value eg '93:11. The apostrophe appears in the formula bar but not in the cell, and you will be able to do calculations this way too. To apply the format go Format>Cells>Number>Custom> then type h:mm in the T...

How many hours per resource booked per week
Dear Excel-lent users, I want to know how many hours a resource is booked per week, knowing they have multiple tasks per week. I have two sheets in which I want to process the hours per task per week per resource (Sheet 1) and in Sheet 2 I want to know what the total hours per week are one resource has been booked for. For Sheet 1: -I have the names of the resources in column H (names can occur multiple times). -in Q3:AR323 I have the hours the are working on per task per week. For Sheet 2: In Row 2 (B2:AC2) I have the numbers of the week starting from 1 till 28 In Colum...

Allow lag time or travel time for Meetings / Appointments
Many times when an organizer sets up a meeting, they set the begin and end time of the actual meeting. At times, a meeting is organized at a location where some attendees need to travel. During travel time, they will clearly be out of office. I suggest creating a feature so that attendees could enter estimated travel time within the same meeting event so that their status will be Out-of-Office before, during and after the meeting. Another issue with setting an accurate begin and end meeting time is that sometimes meetings will finish earlier / later than estimated. In other ...

Can I calculate quartiles in an Excel 2007 pivot table?
When I build a pivot table, I can use the sum, average, minimum or maximum of the data values. Can I use quartiles as well? Hi Graeme, Unfortunately Quartile is not a summary option for pivot tables, nor is median. However there is a worksheet function: =QUARTILE(A:A,2) which is the same as =MEDIAN(A:A) Hope this helps. PShepard "Graeme Williams" wrote: > When I build a pivot table, I can use the sum, average, minimum or maximum of > the data values. Can I use quartiles as well? I am no expert but you can create "helper" columns in your database that...

Why can't I edit header/footer in Word 2007?
Document was created using a template and saved as 1997-2003 file. I cannot edit header/footer (it only displays Remove Header/Footer) and cannot insert New Comment. Have had this problem more than once and usually fixed it by copy/paste to a new template but this time the procedure does not work. ...

Shape with "in line with text" can't be found
When I insert a picture into Word as Word.Shape, I set the "Text Wrapping" as "In line with Text" by Word GUI, after that in programming, the shape can't be found in "Document.Shapes" collection any more. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? The picture will then be an InlineShape If you want the picture as an inline shape why don't you insert it as one. e.g. ActiveDocument.InlineShapes.AddPicture "D:\Path\Picture.jpg" -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

How can I automatically create a master list from 5 worksheets?
Hello, I have been posting frequently, so I apologize if this is redundant. I just thought of a simpler way to solve my problem and was looking for some help to get there. I was wondering if there is a way for excel to pull information from a workbook with 5 sheets. I do not want to filter it for criteria - I can do that with a macro once I have the master list together. What I have is 5 sheets that are not in the exact same format. They do all contain 7 fields of similar information which I would like to extract and put into a master list in a separate file. I would like this f...