Create a custom footer for all Excel worksheets at one time...

I want to create a custom footer, just once, that could be applied to all
worksheets in an Excel workbook.   Microsoft Word lets you do this, so why
not Microsoft Excel?
0
bigcat1 (1)

BigCat

Try the code below:

Be sure to substitute the information for what you want.

HTH

Dennis

Sub PageSetupAllSheets()

    Dim EachSheet As Worksheet
    For Each EachSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
      With EachSheet.PageSetup
'     &F = File
'     &A = Tab
'     &D = Date
'     &T = Time
'     &P = Page
'     &N = Pages
'
'     NOTE: the "&8" that you see below is font size
'
'     Chr(10) is a carrage return
'
'
          .LeftFooter = "&8 &D  &T"
          .CenterFooter = "&8Your Name" ' & Chr(10) & "&D  &T"
          .RightFooter = "&8Page " & "&P of &N"
      End With
    Next EachSheet
    MsgBox "Process Completed!   Press OK to Continue"
End Sub

"bigcat" wrote:

> I want to create a custom footer, just once, that could be applied to all
> worksheets in an Excel workbook.   Microsoft Word lets you do this, so why
> not Microsoft Excel?
0
Dennis (299)
3/30/2005 10:47:07 PM
bc

Manually.......

Select all worksheets(right-click and select sheets) before setting the
footer.

It will be applied to all sheets.

DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the sheets when done.

Use a macro to set a custom footer to all sheets..........

Sub Path_All_Sheets()
    Set wkbktodo = ActiveWorkbook
    For Each ws In wkbktodo.Worksheets
        ws.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName & " " & Chr(13) _
                & Application.UserName & " " & Date
    Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:13:57 -0800, bigcat <bigcat@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I want to create a custom footer, just once, that could be applied to all
>worksheets in an Excel workbook.   Microsoft Word lets you do this, so why
>not Microsoft Excel?

0
Gord

Display filename, path in report footers
I am trying to get the filename, path etc appear in report footers. Can anyone tell me how this could be done. Thanks in advance. SJ SJ wrote: >I am trying to get the filename, path etc appear in report footers. >Can anyone tell me how this could be done. Thanks in advance. SJ The path and file name of the front end mdb file can be displayed in a text box by using the expression: =CurrentDb.Name -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

create a roster

Reports and Forms Customizations After Migration to GP8
Hi i have migrated my Test Server to GP 8 and i Exported the Modified Reports and Forms and imported them again to the Test Server, the screen Labels are updated to the new lables but the fields formats didnt update for example the phone field format returned to the original. how can i solve this issue? regards Nader Formats are not transferred using packages. You will either need to keep your original forms and reports dictionaries and upgrade them, or remake the format changes. I would suggest recording the format changes using a macro, so they can easily be re-run if required. ...

Inserting a paragraph from one word
How can i insert a paragraph when I type in just one word. i.e. type in cycledim and that would be replaced with a description of what cycledim is. Thanks Create an AutoCorrect entry that replaces "cycledim" with whatever text you want. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PawlingJohn" <PawlingJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8638BE82-BCDA-4AC9-AEB3-248CEF7E2606@microsoft.com... > How can i insert a paragraph when I type in just one word. i.e. type in > cycledim and that would be replaced with a description of what ...

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

Task Create - Status

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Is it possible to customize money?
Hi, I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop functionalities for it. Let me explain better: I'm from Brazil, and the default stock quote finder isn't able to get local quotes. So, I was wondering if it's possible to customize it, or build a brand new one (I'm a programer). TIA, Bob See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. <rcrios@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d4a06fd.0505091627.33a35a7a@posting.google.com... > I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop > functionalities for it. > >...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or tabs. If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in one table. I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and pasting. I really appreciate any help! Thanks! ...

Customizing CRM look and feel
Is there a way to 'brand' or otherwise give the CRM application the look and feel of our enterprise web site? I see multiple posts about using the CRM sytleguide to give CRM look and feel to custom pages, but I don't see anything about customizing CRM to take on a custom look and feel. It doesn't have to be wholesale changes to the UI, I'm just looking to at least slip in a logo and possibly a footer with a disclaimer/trademark kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. SpencerW I would venture to say in the ISV.config file. You can buttons to the men...

Retrieving current custom sort settings
Is there a way to retrieve the current custom sort settings stored with a worksheet? ...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Create external database

Excel Function Problem
Hi, Please consider me an excel newbie! I am trying to find out how to write a function that checks a 7 digit numerical string entered into cell i.e. 7030000 against 50 possible strings. (Im guessing this is a multiple IF statement thing). Once the condition is true it then takes the value from cell J7, adds it to the value in cell D7. The end result being that D7 now contains a value equal to its original value + J7. Any help given would be appreciatted Many Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might look at the SumIF function. It will add values together if...

How to create pie chart with %

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...