counting Multiple answers in 1 cell + column

how do u count multiple values in the one cell and down the entire column?
 i want to count all magazines answers in column A1. i would like to get the
answer (4) for magazines, (4) for tv, and (3) for radio. and it does not
matter if the counting of the values, magazine,tv,radio, is answered in
seperate cells. i tried the formula  = COUNTIF(range, "value") but the
formula doesnt not count the values if there are more than one value in the
cell... see example below

           A1                                    A2
1         magazines, tv, radio
2         magazines
3         tv, radio
4         tv
5         magazines, radio
6         magazines, tv

0
Problem (14)

Cell formating in Excel?
Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? No. -- Best Regards, Luke M "pmarina" <pmarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D25B665-B7B8-477D-AAF8-80A347FFA0DD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? ...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I select a column or columns to enabalize inserting additional columns, nothing happens. I can't get columns to insert in either the page layout view or the normal view. Why is something so simple not working? All I get is a little paintbrush icon that wants me to decide if I want the formatting of the adjacent column or not. Please help, it can't be that hard! No offense, but my guess is that you're misinterpreting the feature & perhaps using it on a blank sheet. The command does not increase...

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

http/1.1 500 internal server error #2
hi , hope u will be fine by the Grace of God plzz help me i have server 2003 with sp1 and exchange server with sp1 previously my exchange was working properly but from few days when i attach file in outlook web access the error occured is"http/1.1 500 internal server error" where as when i send mail through outlook express there is no error occur so plzz give me some advice so that i can configured my exchange prob , with regards , ali ...

Excel-how (find/replace) for multifmat cells w/o changing fmat
For a client, i need to be able to find and replace words in cells with 2 formats. But when you replace them,it changes the format of the whole cell, and not just what you changed. Is there any way to work around this without changing the format after all of the find and replaces? Saved from a previous post, but this one has some wordwrap problems fixed: I think you'd have to keep track of each character's font attributes. This works very slowly, but works: Option Explicit Option Compare Text Type myCharacter myChar As String myLen As Long myName As String myFo...

Downloading Bank Transactions Multiple Times (MSM2003)
If you download transactions from your bank (or whatever) multiple times -- say downloading all transactions several times a month -- will Money (2003 in my case) recognize that this has been done and ignore the duplicates, or will it just require matching and/or reconcilliation each time. I'd like to keep my Money records up-to-date (i.e., not wait to the end of the month) without having to keep track of which transactions have or have not been downloaded. Currently, I download to a file all transactions for a given statement cycle each month on or after the statement closing date. This...

Pivot table and counting.

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

1. Selecting field with "enter"; 2. permanently accepting macros
I have recently upgraded to Access 2007 and two characteristics of my former database are not coming through & I want to get them back. First, in Access 2003, I had set it up so that if I hit "enter" the entire field would be selected. Now "enter" causes the cursor to jump to the next field. How can I change this? Secondly, In my database forms, I had incorporated buttons. Now, each time I open the database, I am given a warning about macros and I have to manually tell the program that the macros are trusted. Unfortunately, Access doesn't accept this an...

Cycle Counting

Formulas don't work in certain cells #3
One formula is: =SUM(C10:C15) another: =SUM(O16/6363) another: =SUM(C19:C36) these same formulas work in the cells right next to these wit different cell references. However, no matter which cell I put th above formulas in, the result is the same - either blank with a dash i the cell or zero. I checked all the cells that the formulas refer t and none has any errors. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View...

MnyBank 1.5.24 : bug correction
MnyBank is a Statement File Editor, Archiver and Converter, a short description there: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/181.aspx This version corrects a bug : - When BANKID, BRANCHID or ACCTID contains non alphanumeric character, the Excel (xml) file is invalid. Link for download: http://ferraroa.dyndns.org:8200/MnyBank/help/ Regards, AFer92 ...

Count

change highlight color on active cells
How do I change the active highlight color of an active cell. Louis Only though VBA. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Static OldCell As Range If Not OldCell Is Nothing Then OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone End If Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow Set OldCell = Target End Sub This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy and paste into that module. Chip Pearson has a great add-in named Rowliner.xla that will make the highlighting available for all sheets and workbooks. The code above w...

Openning Grouped Columns in Protected Sheets
We want to put such a protection to the sheet that, the protection will not prevent the user from openning grouped columns. This is possible only through a macro, for example: Sub a() With Sheet1 .EnableOutlining = True .Protect , True, True, True, True End With End Sub This setting does not get saved with the workbook, so it must be reset by running this macro each time the workbook is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

format cells #4
hi. how can i set by default the cell formatting to 'general' or 'number' or even 'text'? i mean i dont want excel to correct let's say: 1.5 to 01.may or 9/12 to 09.dec. is this possible? thanks. (i have some programs which export data to excel and instead of numbers in excel appear dates and i can't set the cell format before the data is exported) -- notrace2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ notrace2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34817 View this thread: http://www....

Track 1 and 2,Fullz,Skimmer,MSR
USA BANKLOGIN CANADA LOGINS UK LOGINS US CVV UK CVV EU CVV FULL CC with mmn,ssn,dob,pin = pm me for price US Dumps: Canada Dumps: Europe Dumps: Asia Dumps Atm Skimmer Wincor Nixdorf = 3000 Atm Skimmer Wincor = 3000 Atm Skimmer Slimm = 3000 Atm Skimmer Slim = 3000 Atm Skimmer NCR = 3000 Atm Skimmer Diebold Opteva = 2500 Atm Skimmer Diebold = 2000 Atm Skimmer Universal = 4000 Atm Skimmer Small = 2500 Chip POS ingenico&amigo = 1500 MSR206 MSE ETC PRINTED TRACKS ON PLASTIC WITH PIN FOR SALE skimmer-service.com YIM : ha_tuyen6@yahoo.com ICQ : 37630432...

Is there a way to make P=1, C=2, as in baseball and then add them
You can certainly build a table, then do a Vlookup on it. But what do you mean by "add them"? Do you mean do addition on the numbers, or add something to a new row, or something else? -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Robert Hubley" <Robert Hubley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AC9B3A7-07D8-4883-9E52-DCDA2AAB319F@microsoft.com... > ...

Line count

Formatting cells in Excel with Ascending/Descending order
I am trying to insert a drop down asceding/descending arrow in the cell of the excel document. When you click on the arrow which is a small box on the right side of the cell, it will organize all figures/data in that column and you can choose between ascending/descending, or how you want to organize it. Thank you -- Andrew ...

updating time once only when a cell is filled
Hi, Excuse my lack of experience with excel, I tried to get an answer googling for this problem I have, but I didn't succeed yet solving it. I'm trying to fill a form using excel, but I want that whenever a cell is filled, the time it was filled is updated. The problem I find is that time is updated in all the cells whenever a cell is change, do I make myself clear?, imagine I have these table: A B 1 +if(a1="","",now()) 2 +if(a2="","",now()) So initially I have: A B 1 2...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

multiple digits in a combobox
hello, i have an mfc CCombobox, which is populated with numeric data. For example: 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 14 18 i would like to user to be able to type 14 and have 14 selected. Currently when the user types 1 the box selects 10 and then when they type the 4, the 4 is selected. I currently have the object type set to Drop List. If I change to Drop Down, then 14 can be selected as described, but I dont want the user to be able to enter any numbers that arent in the list. For example, if they were to try to type 13, i want it to stay on 10. any ideas? are there any custom comboboxes that already...