Counting cells with a specified frequency(how many times it appear

Hi,
    I want to sum up cells thats has any word appearing 10 times in the
column. In the other words, the specified word can be anything. The end
result is to the sum up cells that has any word appear 10 times in the column.

eg.
          column 1
row 1  a two the
row 2  two 924 the
row 3  the desk to
row 4  let's can to two

if i want to sum up the cells that has any word appearing twice, the result
will be 1
word frequency of 3, the answer will be 2 (row 1 - the  & two, row 2, row 3
- the, row 4 two)

Thanks

0
Kelvin (49)

Get run time from date time stamps
I need to get run time in minutes from between a series of date/time stamps. I have no clue of how to do this.. any help would be greatly appreciated On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:18:04 -0700, GWB <GWB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to get run time in minutes from between a series of date/time stamps. >I have no clue of how to do this.. any help would be greatly appreciated Probably by using the DateDiff() function: DateDiff("n", [StartTime], [EndTime]) will calculate the difference in time in miNutes ("m" is Months). It's not cle...

Summing 2 columns cells into a 3rd colums cells
In Excel 2007, I need the to add data from column L's cells 2-93 with the data from column M's cells 2-93 and have it total in Column N's cells 2-93. I'm hoping that there is an easier way than auto summing each pair of cells. This example is the smallest range that I have to due this with and auto summing is to time consuming. Please if you have a formula that I can use it would be extremly helpful. Just in case you haven't notice I'm still in the learning stages.................. -- Thank You, Wayne Cadigan Hi Wayne You can still do this ...

Autofit Merged Cells? Can we do this?
I have a row that has merged column cells. Even if I choose autofit, it will not autofit. Is tehre a way to do this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you search the group archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* using "merge autofit" (without quotes) as search terms, you'll find many posts on this topic, including links to a macro by Jim Rech that may work for you. In article <kenji4861.vwe00@excelf...

Downloading Bank Transactions Multiple Times (MSM2003)
If you download transactions from your bank (or whatever) multiple times -- say downloading all transactions several times a month -- will Money (2003 in my case) recognize that this has been done and ignore the duplicates, or will it just require matching and/or reconcilliation each time. I'd like to keep my Money records up-to-date (i.e., not wait to the end of the month) without having to keep track of which transactions have or have not been downloaded. Currently, I download to a file all transactions for a given statement cycle each month on or after the statement closing date. This...

Excel-how (find/replace) for multifmat cells w/o changing fmat
For a client, i need to be able to find and replace words in cells with 2 formats. But when you replace them,it changes the format of the whole cell, and not just what you changed. Is there any way to work around this without changing the format after all of the find and replaces? Saved from a previous post, but this one has some wordwrap problems fixed: I think you'd have to keep track of each character's font attributes. This works very slowly, but works: Option Explicit Option Compare Text Type myCharacter myChar As String myLen As Long myName As String myFo...

Pivot table and counting.

Solver checked but doesn't appear
I have checked the Solver add-in in my Excel in Office XP and it goes through the motions of installing it but Solver never appears in the tools menu. It is in the Office10/Library/Solver directory. When I double click on Solver.xla it tells me that it can't find some guid in the registry. (When I do this at my work with Office 2000 Solver comes up in Excel.) I have tried repairing my Office and removing and re-adding Solver but nothing seems to work. I am afraid to reinstall Office because I really need my Office right now. I am using Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2. I have seen t...

Cell formating in Excel?
Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? No. -- Best Regards, Luke M "pmarina" <pmarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D25B665-B7B8-477D-AAF8-80A347FFA0DD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? ...

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

Cycle Counting

To keep in just one cell all values related to a monthly rate
I have to update in a monthly basis a currency rate. I know that there is a function, formula (or something like that) to link a month descripton to a number. e.g. September09 1,325 October09 2,235 November09 1,258 I would like to select correspondent month and the cell be updated with the value. Data Validation dropdown list for choosing the month combined with a lookup table and VLOOKUP function. For help on creating data validation dropdown lists see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html For help on VLOOKUP to populat...

Can I limit a cell to 2 characters?
Is there a way in Excel to limit the number of characters in a cell? Thanks Frank By checking the length of the cell =LEN(A1)=2 in your custom validation. Look for Data Validation on Debra Dalgleish's site. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Frankc" <Frankc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:842747F1-1792-4BB5-B3CE-707C7CC5F88F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Excel to lim...

format cells #4
hi. how can i set by default the cell formatting to 'general' or 'number' or even 'text'? i mean i dont want excel to correct let's say: 1.5 to 01.may or 9/12 to 09.dec. is this possible? thanks. (i have some programs which export data to excel and instead of numbers in excel appear dates and i can't set the cell format before the data is exported) -- notrace2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ notrace2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34817 View this thread: http://www....

Count

change highlight color on active cells
How do I change the active highlight color of an active cell. Louis Only though VBA. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Static OldCell As Range If Not OldCell Is Nothing Then OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone End If Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow Set OldCell = Target End Sub This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy and paste into that module. Chip Pearson has a great add-in named Rowliner.xla that will make the highlighting available for all sheets and workbooks. The code above w...

Line count

Formatting cells in Excel with Ascending/Descending order
I am trying to insert a drop down asceding/descending arrow in the cell of the excel document. When you click on the arrow which is a small box on the right side of the cell, it will organize all figures/data in that column and you can choose between ascending/descending, or how you want to organize it. Thank you -- Andrew ...

group still appearing in GAL after change from Distribution to sec
Hi, I hope someone can help me out with this issue. I recently changed a group from a distribution group to a security group. I cannot see the group on the GAL but if I check the "member of" tab in outlook it still shows the group (even though it is now a security and not a distribution group) Any help would be appreciated. thanks what if you right-click the list, to to Exchange tasks, and either "remove email address" or "remove Exchange attributes"? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "chrisr" <chrisr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Filename in Excel Cell Address
Is there a way to insert an excel spreadsheet filename into a cell within the same spreadsheet, like the &[File] command in the Header/Footer screen? -- Thanks, RickS yes =CELL("filename") -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "RickS" <RickS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A801EEC7-608B-4394-B991-BBBC889D451A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert an excel spreadsheet filename into a cell within > the > same spreadsheet, like the &[File] command in the Header/Footer screen? > -- > Thanks, > Ric...

updating time once only when a cell is filled
Hi, Excuse my lack of experience with excel, I tried to get an answer googling for this problem I have, but I didn't succeed yet solving it. I'm trying to fill a form using excel, but I want that whenever a cell is filled, the time it was filled is updated. The problem I find is that time is updated in all the cells whenever a cell is change, do I make myself clear?, imagine I have these table: A B 1 +if(a1="","",now()) 2 +if(a2="","",now()) So initially I have: A B 1 2...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

Author of Excel workbook appear in footer
Is there a way/code to have the author of the excel file appear automatically in the custom header/footer of an Excel 97 file. Maybe some type of code. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Try this Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Author") Next wkSht End Sub You must place it in the Thisworkbook module When you print it will add the name in the footer Right click on the Excel icon next to File in the men...

Counting sales