Countif formula between numbers

I'm have a bad day and can't figure this simple question out. I want Excel to
count a column of numbers and show the the total cells with values between
100 and 125.
The formula I have thus far is '=countif(H5:H125,">=125<=100")
why is this not working???
0
dandigger (19)

This has been asked about a dozen times today. Homework assingment?
=sumproduct((rngA>100)*(rngA<200)). modify to suit

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"dandigger" <dandigger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm have a bad day and can't figure this simple question out. I want Excel
> count a column of numbers and show the the total cells with values between
> 100 and 125.
> The formula I have thus far is '=countif(H5:H125,">=125<=100")
> why is this not working???

0
Don
11/17/2004 8:10:38 PM
Try this one

=SUM(COUNTIF(H5:H125,{"<=100",">=125"}))

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"dandigger" <dandigger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D44A5E6-ECAB-441D-B9D8-409D23D0369E@microsoft.com...
> I'm have a bad day and can't figure this simple question out. I want Excel to
> count a column of numbers and show the the total cells with values between
> 100 and 125.
> The formula I have thus far is '=countif(H5:H125,">=125<=100")
> why is this not working???

0
rondebruin (3790)
11/17/2004 8:11:42 PM
Thanks both of you. I forgot about Array functions.
And no, this is for my work, something I'm doing on my own. Sorry, I looked
at the first couple pages here and didn't see anything similar based on the
subject.
Thanks again

"dandigger" wrote:

> I'm have a bad day and can't figure this simple question out. I want Excel to
> count a column of numbers and show the the total cells with values between
> 100 and 125.
> The formula I have thus far is '=countif(H5:H125,">=125<=100")
> why is this not working???
0
dandigger (19)

Problems with Numbering
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi <br><br>I am having a problem with paragraph numbering. My work insists that documents are presented in a specific format and I have successfully customised an outline number format that is to the exact spec that I need. Generally it works fine and all paragraphs and sub paras number as advertised. <br><br>But, and here's my problem, sometimes a document just won't continue to number in the manner I want. I always write the words of the text first and then do all the form...

Why does Money hide my account numbers?
I am trying to review my credit report and there is one item on there that doesn't look right, and must be at least 6 years old. My credit reporting agency shows me all but the last 4 digits of the account. Money, on the other hand, shows me only the last 4 digits. Worthless. I can understand if some people are paranoid and don't want someone looking over their shoulder at account numbers, but if that is the case, make everything XXXXX on the screen because they can see your balances too! Is anyone really served by this decision the Money team made? Oh well, back to opening each clos...

Help simplifying a SUMPRODUCT formula
The following SUMPRODUCT formula produces the correct results but I'm reasonably certain that there must be a more efficient way of constructing the formula. There are basically two components to this formula separated by the + sign. Each component performs the same calculation: the first part for Class="MS" and the second part (after the +) for Class="MSTV". Isn't there a way to construct the formula so that it would be calculated for Class="MS" OR Class="MSTV" and eliminate the need for two steps? I tried to incorporate the OR formula wi...

Help With an Excel Formula
I am in excel and I have the following formula = Q:26 typed into Cell C:2. What I want to do is have a second cell D:2 that takes what ever cell reference I enter into C:2 and adds 1 row to it. So cell D:2 would be equal to Q:27, which is 1 row down from row Q:26. Is there a way to do this? Not possible unless you use an add-in or user define function that reads the text of the formula in C2 D McRitchie has UDF for that http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm then you could use =OFFSET(INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(getformula(C2),"=","")),1,) Regards, Peo Sjobl...

Tracking Numbers for shipped orders
Is there any way to easily look up the tracking number for a person's order? We lookup the person's name then 'purchase history' tab...that is the place I want to see the tracking number so I can track the package. Is there somewhere else I can see it besides the "journal" which is useless or the shipping report which is a completely additional step (time waster) and doesn't allow you to track. The "track shipping" button in POS screen doesn't show any of our UPS shipments. Besides, that is not where a customer service person would go to look ...

Add Page Numbers to PDF
I am looking to progammatically add page numbers to a PDF using VBA. I create a multi-page PDF using various Excel reports. The PDF then needs to be numbered sequentially. I have been able to research and find code to add a watermark to the PDF, but, no luck on page numbering. I am using Excel 2007 and Acrobat 9. Code Example: Sub WatermarkPDF() Dim bolResult As Boolean Dim pdfDoc1 As AcroPDDoc Dim jsObj As Object Set pdfDoc1 = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc") If pdfDoc1.Open("C:\Test\Ranges\Reports\Custom_Merged.pdf") Then ...

SUM of Numbers with colons (:) such as Hours & Minutes
Does anyone know how to get the SUM of a column with numbers formated as Time (hh:mm) useing the SUM formula to get the total numbers of hours in that column. For example: Day-1 10:45 Day-2 11:05 Day-3 09:10 Total 31:00 Help is very appreciated. Wally Hi Wally for your formula use =SUM(B1:B3)*24 and format it as a number (format / cells - number) Cheers JulieD "CLARKSON PHARMACY" <CLARKSON.PHARMACY@VERIZON.NET> wrote in message news:XaCZd.3302$ed6.530@trndny06... > Does anyone know how to get the SUM of a column with numbers formated as...

Formula help needed
Can someone help me to shorten this formula, it slows down my computer so it takes ages to recalculate the sheet when I enter something in it. It is used to calculate time, basic formula (A2-A1+(A2<A1)) from C Pearsson�s site OFFSET(INDEX(Tid3;MATCH(A8&1;Feb!$A$9:$A$250&Feb!$B$9:$B$250;0);MATCH(Feb!$C $8;Feb!$A$8:$D$8;0);1);1;0)-INDEX(Tid3;MATCH(A8&1;Feb!$A$9:$A$250&Feb!$B$9:$ B$250;0);MATCH(Feb!$C$8;Feb!$A$8:$D$8;0);1)+(OFFSET(MATCH(Tid3;PASSA(A8&1;Fe b!$A$9:$A$250&Feb!$B$9:$B$250;0);MATCH(Feb!$C$8;Feb!$A$8:$D$8;0);1);1;0)<IND EX(Tid3;MATCH(A8&1;Feb!$A$9:$A$...

Auto Numbering for Contacts and Accounts
We need a way to auto number Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunity (similiar to how quotes, orders, cases, etc..work). Has anyone come across a way to do this through the use of Jscript or any other means? Thanks! You can write a Callout for Autonumbering. Refer to the SDK help for details on Callouts. There's an auto-numbering sample in the SDK too. HTH, Niths "MDV1457" wrote: > We need a way to auto number Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunity (similiar to > how quotes, orders, cases, etc..work). Has anyone come across a way to do > this through the use of Js...

"How does Money Get These Numbers?"
Hi! I know that there's a link to a rather vague answer for the above question in Microsoft Money, when it comes to how Money calculates existing data to crunch trended/budgeted items or spread a trended budget item across the cash forecast graph. The help entry shrugs it off like "Money uses your existing data." Duh. Does anyone have ideas of EXACTLY how Money totals and divides your existing budget items to create a budget entry? Does it add the value up and total by the number of months you've recorded? (My experiments don't line up close enough for me to be sure that...

FORMULAS please help
Hi there I am trying to create a formula that refences <> numbers in a columm then adds up the from a different columm i.e add b1:b100 only if a1:a100 is >10000 <12000 =46 a b 10000 32 9000 64 12001 86 11999 14 9990 12 One way =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100>10000),--(A1:A10000<12000),B1:B10000) Regards, Peo sjoblom boogie wrote: > Hi there > I am trying to create a formula that refences <> numbers in a columm then > adds up the from a different columm > i.e add b1:b1...

Repeating formula in Excel
Hi. I need to copy a number into 500 rows, with each number increasing by 1 in value. These numbers are used to track call numbers, so the format is like this: 2005-001 and I need it to repeat itself up to 2005-0550, and I don't want to spend the time typing each value in manually. Someone please help!!! One way: Delete the dash from your number. Select the cell with the number. Go to Format | Cells | Number. Choose Custom and type: 0000-000 click okay. Then, (still with the same cell selected) go to Edit | Fill | Series. Make sure the Step Value is 1. Change to Columns and put a s...

Replacing formula to cells EXTREMELY slow
Hi! I have the following code ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub ToggleButton3_Click() Dim i As Long Dim Lastrow As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = 1000 If ToggleButton3.Value = True Then 'Fill in the checking formula For i = 0 To 5 Cells(4, i + 9).Formula "=IF($A4="""","""",COUNTIF(INDEX('Check'!4:4,1,$AI$2):INDEX('Check'!4:4,1,$AI$3), & i & "))" Next Else For i = 0 To 5 Cells(4, i + 9).Formula "=IF($A4="""",...

Formulas dont work
I am trying to do a vlookup function with data that is imported and calculated from another cell, and it shows a result of #na. c3 is formated to custom "m" to show the number of the month from cell b3. b3 is "October-04" c3 shows "10" d3 "job name" b100 "10" a100 =vlookup(b100,c3:f20,2,false) result is "#na" If I enter "10" into cell c3 with format set to general, then the result shows the correct answer. Is there a way to correct this? -- comotoman -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Automatic Pareto data with Formula
I want to create a data table for use to create an Automatically updated Pareto Chart, for this I need that the values automatically be sorted in descending order, so I have the following example scenario: Column A has Labels and Column B has Values A -1 B -2 C - 3 D - 2 E -1 If I use the following formula: =INDEX($A$1:$A$5,MATCH(LARGE($B$1:$B$5,2),$B$1:$B$5,0)) I get B, but there are two 2 and if I use the 3rd largest: =INDEX($A$1:$A$5,MATCH(LARGE($B$1:$B$5,3),$B$1:$B$5,0)) I also Get B instead of the required D. How can I get it so the end results looks like this: C ...

Linking customer number format to a cell
Is it possible to link a custom number format to a cell within a workbook? Currently I have the number format #,##0.0"m (forecast)";(#,##0.0)"m (forecast)";-"m (forecast)" used extensively throughout a workbook I want to change the text after each number to "m (actual)". I will be changing the text on a monthly basis. Currently I have to manually change the format each month. Not that I know, but if you use styles, as in Word, you could do this in one step as opposed to changing every single cell. -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz�lez Excel MVP &quo...

Display Formula Problem
All, I have search Microsoft's Knowledge Base, but could not find an answer. Hopefully, someone here can solve my problem. I am using Excel 2002. I have several project managers maintaining budgets in Excel workbooks. I am creating a summary Excel workbook. To get the data out of the workbooks, I start with entering an equal sign, click on the cell in one of the other workbooks, and press enter. The value from the source workbook is displayed correctly. Since I want to capture several columns and rows around this first cell, I want to copy formula in the first cell into near cells, I mu...

Counting the total number of cells with specified condition(freque
Hi, Can anyone pls tell me how do i count the total number of cells that has a certain word appear twice or nth times in a column? The below-mentioned will be the end result. The frequency will be specified by the user and excel will count the number of cells that has a certain word appearing twice in a column. Likewise, for Freqeuncy 3, sums the number of cells with that has a certain word in a string that appears thrice in the column. Frequency(input) Number of occurences(output) 2 10 3 \30 ...

percentage formula #2
What is the formula for using one cell to figure a percentage of another cell. Example: colume A colume B 20000 13% of colume A Thanks One way: A1: 20000 B1: =A1*13% ==> 2600 In article <093f01c3861f$4a6902d0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Shawn S." <shawn3731@yahoo.com> wrote: > What is the formula for using one cell to figure a > percentage of another cell. Example: > colume A colume B > 20000 13% of colume A > Thanks ...

ID inquiry about numbers in column A
Hi, I have 6000 id numbers in column A and I have had to delete some rows due to duplication. This now means those numbers which were in order 1 to 6000 now have numbers missing. How can I patch them up so that they are once again flowing from 1 to whatever. Thanks rock See other post. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message news:uNXC%234iIKHA.1020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have 6000 id numbers in column A and I have had to delete some rows due > to duplication. > > This now means those n...

Page Numbers #3
Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run consecutively from one sheet to the next? If you select multiple sheets, then print, Excel will consecutively # the pages. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run >consecutively from one sheet to the next? >. > If I understand correctly, you can do this in the header/footer . You can insert the function and it will automatically number your pages. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run >consecutively from one sheet ...

Formula using hours
How can I create a formula that will say: If this cell is higher than 9:01 but but lower than 9:04 show a number? Thanks for your help! Hi Ali, =IF(AND(A1>TIME(9,1,0),A1<TIME(9,4,0),17,"") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ali" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:731101c3e72a$ceb69220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a formula that will say: > > If this cell is higher than 9:01 but but lower than 9:04 > show a ...

Excel Formula #21
Thankyou McGimpsey for your quick reply appreciated, and the frormula also works -- SAMSON ...

Urgent Problem with Number Column
I am new to EXCEL 2003, and I have this problem, so if you can give me an answer, please explain in easy English. I have a column with consecutive numbers that I use to sort with (1 to 8000). However, for some reason some of the numbers have ended up with decimal points, others are facing left, and still others are aligned to the right. I want to format the entire column so the numbers are just that, numbers, so I can sort and resort this column. How do I do this? Select the column, Format/Cells/Number tag, choose number! Stefi "Rebecca" wrote: > I am new to EXCEL 20...

Advanced Vlookup Formula
Hello, I have a list of unique values in Column A in sheet 1. In sheet2, I am have data laid out in a table with row headers and column headers. I am trying to come up with a formula that will display the value that intersects in sheet 2, based on the combined column header and row header. So for example. Sheet 2 Column Headers Row Headers State City Weight Jeff TN Nashville 200 Tim FL Miami 155 Eric GA Atl 225 Sheet 1...